What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump just announced a new federal agency:

Department of Unintentional Irony

The Justice Department is raising an alarm over what it says are a growing number of scammers promoting fraudulent COVID-19 treatments, with federal prosecutors in Texas moving to stop an "ozone therapy" company from allegedly promoting a novel coronavirus cure.

According to a Wednesday court filing, the group Purity Health and Wellness Centers used posts on its Instagram page as far back as January to model its ozone therapies, an alternative treatment that purports to increase the amount of oxygen in the bloodstream, as an effective way to prevent contracting COVID-19.

"The CORONA VIRUS is here in the USA. The only prevention is ozone," read one post on Jan. 22.

Prosecutors say the firm's owner, Jean Juanita Allen, claimed that the treatment would make it "impossible for viruses to manifest" and was "95 percent effective even for someone who had tested positive for COVID-19."

On Friday, a federal judge granted a request from the U.S. Attorneys Office for the Northern District of Texas for a temporary restraining order, demanding the group halt its promotion of the treatment. Instagram posts referenced by prosecutors in the complaint have since been taken down.
Good luck pursuing this, it’s already been established you can’t indict him while he’s President.

Just got this from a Trump supporter friend.  They TRYING to thread the needle...…. 

Here is something for the people making fun of Trumps suggestion on injections for the virus.

Trump asked about light and disinfectant injected into the body.
There are two existing therapies. UV therapy as well as ozone therapy.
The one that has the left all riled up is ozone therapy.
This has been used for cancer patients. O3 gas is infused into the body as a DISINFECTANT to improve the intake of oxygen while ramping up the immune system, thus more efficiently killing bacteria and viruses.
You can google it if you want. Trump asked the expert off to the side if testing was being done relative to applying this to the coronavirus.
But of course NBC CBS CNN and company would take his words out of context to make it sound like he looked at the camera and said “hey let’s all drink bleach”. Disinfectant inside the body is indeed dangerous and should only be done by a doctor.
A footnote: if you take high amounts of vitamin C yourself, you will wind up with a buildup of hydrogen peroxide inside the body. Hydrogen peroxide is a DISINFECTANT. This is why vitamin C is so effective against viruses on its own.
Think this is the original:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1253589000130113540.html#

It's clear this administration has everything under control and Americans are going to feel confident to go about their lives to get this economy going again once their state lockdowns have been lifted.

When Mike Judge made Idiocracy, he made one fatal flaw that made it unbelievable in hindsight - he forgot that once you fall below a certain level of intelligence/knowledge you are no longer capable of comprehending how little you know about a subject. President Camacho is supposed to be dumb, since that is the whole premise of the movie, but he is still knowledgeable enough to ask for outside help and use experts in areas that he does not have expertise in, which requires some level of self awareness and indirect intelligence. This seems like a major plot hole in the movie. It just came to mind for some reason, not sure why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump, per White House pool, said this afternoon that he wasn’t serious about using disinfectants to treat the virus: he said he was saying it “sarcastically” to “reporters just like you to see what would happen.”

--

I mean - is there a single human on the planet who believes this? Its so obviously not true. :lmao:
I had to look this up as it seemed absurd that this would be how they were now trying to spin this.

Verified by Phillip Rucker of WaPo:

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/1253727801871663104

Trump claims he was being sarcastic yesterday when he suggested one might inject disinfectant into one's body as a covid-19 cure. President says he wanted "to see what would happen," per WH pooler @chrisjohnson82.
OK

Sure

Dr Birx got it why is everyone else so slow in the uptake?

Just got a call from my neighbor, he drove by the pier in downtown Huntington Beach. It’s packed with people. The beach is supposed to be closed but oh well. A police helicopter is flying by announcing “please practice social distancing.” Nobody is paying attention. 

####### idiots. This is madness. I wonder how this is all going to end? 

Just got a call from my neighbor, he drove by the pier in downtown Huntington Beach. It’s packed with people. The beach is supposed to be closed but oh well. A police helicopter is flying by announcing “please practice social distancing.” Nobody is paying attention. 

I think you know 

The beach itself is open is Huntington Beach, not closed. 

The President is calling back a thousand West Point cadets for their commencement speech.

For President Trump, who adores the pomp and precision of military ceremonies, this was the year he would finally get one of the special perks of being president — delivering the commencement address at West Point, the only service academy where he has not spoken.

But the graduation was postponed because of the coronavirus, the cadets were sent home and officials at the school were not sure when it would be held or even whether it was a good idea to hold it.

The Naval Academy, for its part, decided it was too risky to recall its nearly 1,000 graduating midshipmen to Annapolis, Md., for a commencement. Those graduates will have a virtual event. But the Air Force Academy, in contrast to the other schools, sent home its underclassmen, locked down its seniors on campus, moved up graduation, mandated social distancing — and went ahead with plans for Vice President Mike Pence to be its speaker.

And so last Friday, the day before Mr. Pence was to speak at the Air Force ceremony in Colorado, Mr. Trump, never one to be upstaged, abruptly announced that he would, in fact, be speaking at West Point.

That was news to everyone, including officials at West Point, according to three people involved with or briefed on the event. The academy had been looking at the option of a delayed presidential commencement in June, but had yet to complete any plans. With Mr. Trump’s pre-emptive statement, they are now summoning 1,000 cadets scattered across the country to return to campus in New York, the state that is the center of the outbreak. ...

This virus has really been his kryptonite. He doesn't do well when he can't just create a nickname or B.S. about blowing people up. He's in way over his head and it shows every time he does one these things.
It is, but I don't think it'll ultimately matter. We've been doing this a long time. He says stuff so incredibly ridiculous that we can't believe our ears, and the left tees off. Honestly, how can you not?

But the left bashing him plays to his base very well, no matter the reason. 

And I honestly doubt very many Trump supporters even watch this stuff. Many don't care. Hillary ain't President, conservative judges, and libs are mad. Anything else really doesn't matter. 

And the madder libs get, it just means the plan is going well. 

See this is where we get into trouble. Medicine is for therapeutic use not recreational use. That can lead to serious issues. People should only use bleach as it was intended, for disinfecting the lungs.  Anything else is asking for trouble. 
So 1/2 cup in my cpap water tank tonight? I mean, what do i have to lose?

Press briefings mercifully come to an end...

"I mean, you wonder how we got to the point where you're talking about injecting disinfectant?" 

https://t.co/Gul0K04dU8
Seriously, Trump makes Nixon look awesome.

"a source said it finally seems to have dawned on Trump, after this incident, that these briefings aren't helping him. The CDC and other public health officials responded obliquely to the comment by telling people not to drink bleach."

Per Axios' Jonathan Swan on MSNBC just now:

After yesterday's disinfectant injection remarks, Trump to nix daily coronavirus briefings starting next week.

Joe Summer said:
Did Trump say if he was also being sarcastic about the UV rays? Or was that just the disinfectant injections?
Stawpit. You know exactly what he meant.

Trump to reporter: "You know the way it was asked. I was looking at you."

Reporter: I wasn't there.

Trump: "I know."

Reporter: You were looking at Dr. Birx.

Trump: "What's that?"

Reporter: You were looking at Dr. Birx.

Trump: I was looking at her, Bryan, and reporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread