Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Government Response To The Coronavirus

James Daulton

10 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Enjoyed the memes wondering aloud why the masked, gun toting Trump supporters aren't protesting the closure of libraries and book stores and it's just so funny because it's just so true.

Actually, I believe that isn’t true. In Lansing, if memory serves, maybe 10 years ago the city tried to make libraries a place where firearms weren’t allowed, like a school. I’m not sure if there was an organized protest, but people with guns strapped kept showing up at library every so often. Honestly not sure if you can take a gun to the library or not now. How ####ed up is that? “I’m not sure if you can bring a gun to the library” as if you would ever need to. 

On 5/1/2020 at 10:30 AM, Grace Under Pressure said:

The bolded is wrong and fear mongering. Truthfully unless you live in downstate NY, northern NJ, Detroit, Chicago, New Orleans or a couple of other places, your neighbors are not dying. A few places bore the brunt of this hardcore. 95%+ of counties are doing ok. Using deaths for political gain when the claim is dubious isn't the way to go.

Past tense?  Really?

Has the last 60 days taught you nothing?

• Like 1

For those wondering about Belgium

Belgium has a population of 11.5 million. That means 66 people in every 100,000 have died from Covid-19. In the US, with a population of around 330 million, it's 19 in every 100,000, according to Johns Hopkins University data.

But those figures are "faulty comparisons" that have been "abused", argues Prof Steven Van Gucht, a Belgian virologist and government spokesman.

"That's the difference between public health science and political motivation," he explains. "That's purely inspired by showing how good you are doing, and it's wrong. We are actually reporting in a more correct way."

What's different about Belgium?

Belgian officials say they are counting in a way that no other country in the world is currently doing: counting deaths in hospitals and care homes, but including deaths in care homes that are suspected, not confirmed, as Covid-19 cases.

According to Belgium's latest official figures, out of 7,703 deaths, 53% have been in care homes.

tl;dr Belgium is reporting suspected covid-19 deaths in nursing homes as confirmed covid-19 deaths. This represents more than half their deaths. They're weird

What happens next?

Belgium will lift its lockdown gradually, in four phases. From Monday, fabric stores are being opened so people can buy material to make their own face masks. Masks will be mandatory on public transport.

Sport will be allowed, too, though no more than two people can play together.

All other shops will open from Monday 11 May. Schools will restart on 18 May, with a maximum of 10 students per class.

Cafes, restaurants and some tourist attractions will open after 8 June, if there has been no second spike in cases. Trips abroad may also be allowed in early June.

Joe Biden @JoeBiden

We left a playbook. He ignored it. We created an office to prepare for pandemics. He gutted it. We had CDC officials in China to detect and contain outbreaks. He pulled them out. Trump can try and shift blame all he wants, but the fact is his actions left us unprepared.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Joe Biden @JoeBiden

We left a playbook. He ignored it. We created an office to prepare for pandemics. He gutted it. We had CDC officials in China to detect and contain outbreaks. He pulled them out. Trump can try and shift blame all he wants, but the fact is his actions left us unprepared.

Truth

• Like 4

For those following the trends elsewhere. Italy has just handed in the worst death numbers in over a week. This is not due to any setback but a backlog that hasn't been counted until now (it's all from Lombardy, the hardest hit region)

1 hour ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Joe Biden @JoeBiden

There is no defense against this statement.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, dozer said:

Just curious.  Assume all of Biden's statements were true, couple questions.

1.  Does anyone think COVID 19 wouldn't have made its way to the United States?  

2.  If yes, how would anything said in that statement made the US more prepared for detection and treatment of this novel virus?  

3.  Finally, does anybody think we would be in a better position today if Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden were in charge and why?

• Laughing 3

4 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

2.  If yes, how would anything said in that statement made the US more prepared for detection and treatment of this novel virus?  

3.  Finally, does anybody think we would be in a better position today if Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden were in charge and why?

I can’t help but think these are trick questions

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:
1 hour ago, dozer said:

1. No. Of course COVID would have come here.

2. just off the top of my head, how about...earlier shutdowns + massive tracing + DPA production of PPE. You know, the things that we still need right now but aren't happening.

3. Yes. See #2.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Tolstoy said:

I can’t help but think these are trick questions

Not trick questions at all.  Just trying to understand where people are coming from.  Personally, I don't believe any US organization in China would have prevented the virus from reaching the United States.  So then I shift to the inevitability of the virus being here, according to Biden there was a playbook, how would that playbook have helped us in this situation?  The current system in place to test was outdated, so therefore the playbook was outdated.

1 minute ago, [scooter] said:

2. just off the top of my head, how about...earlier shutdowns + massive tracing + DPA production of PPE. You know, the things that we still need right now but aren't happening.

3. Yes. See #2.

How exactly did Biden (or other Democrats) respond when Trump put travel bans in place?  That right there would tell you all you need to know about how they would have handled shutdowns.  Shutdowns are actually what Trump got right.

There were no States that didn't have enough ventilators.  I keep hearing about needing PPE but then watch the hardest hit State NY talk about the stockpile of PPE they have.  So that is a local failure, not a Federal failure, if a hospital doesn't have the necessary PPE.    

24 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

1. Nobody is saying that.

2. How would we be more prepared?  The playbook laid out the prep...it was ignored...we would have likely had a much faster response (if Trump had listened to that pandemic team and those on the ground for the CDC in China) and had followed what was already set up.  How could we not be more prepared based on those statements?

3.  Yes, because i think they follow what has been set up and listen to the experts and have a faster response based on what the warmings were.  Rather than downplaying it and ignoring it til basically a week into March.

7 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

3. Yes. See #2.

#2 and #3 were only relevant if the answer to #1 was yes

• Laughing 1

Just now, Tolstoy said:

I guess I need to really contemplate how a pandemic response team may have aided our response to a pandemic.

My guess is that they would have been doing research on various possible scenarios and ways to counter them, as well as trying to promote better health on a general scale. Of course, since Trump gutted their budget and eliminated them, we had far less of a head start that we could have. It would be like firing everybody at NOAA on May 31st, when hurricane season starts June 1st.

• Like 1

Health official says US missed some chances to slow virus

The U.S. government was slow to understand how much coronavirus was spreading from Europe, which helped drive the acceleration of outbreaks across the nation, a top health official said Friday.

Limited testing and delayed travel alerts for areas outside China contributed to the jump in U.S. cases starting in late February, said Dr. Anne Schuchat, the No. 2 official at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“We clearly didn’t recognize the full importations that were happening,” Schuchat told The Associated Press.

The coronavirus was first reported late last year in China, the initial epicenter of the global pandemic. But the U.S. has since become the hardest-hit nation, with about a third of the world’s reported cases and more than a quarter of the deaths.

The CDC on Friday published an article, authored by Schuchat, that looked back on the U.S. response, recapping some of the major decisions and events of the last few months. It suggests the nation’s top public health agency missed opportunities to slow the spread. Some public health experts saw it as important assessment by one of the nation’s most respected public health doctors.

The CDC is responsible for the recognition, tracking and prevention of just such a disease. But the agency has had a low profile during this pandemic, with White House officials controlling communications and leading most press briefings.

“The degree to which CDC’s public presence has been so diminished ... is one of the most striking and frankly puzzling aspects of the federal government’s response,” said Jason Schwartz, assistant professor of health policy at the Yale School of Public Health.

President Donald Trump has repeatedly celebrated a federal decision, announced on Jan. 31, to stop entry into the U.S. of any foreign nationals who had traveled to China in the previous 14 days. That took effect Feb. 2. China had imposed its own travel restrictions earlier, and travel out of its outbreak areas did indeed drop dramatically.

But in her article, Schuchat noted that nearly 2 million travelers arrived in the U.S. from Italy and other European countries during February. The U.S. government didn’t block travel from there until March 11.

“The extensive travel from Europe, once Europe was having outbreaks, really accelerated our importations and the rapid spread,” she told the AP. ”I think the timing of our travel alerts should have been earlier.”

She also noted in the article that more than 100 people who had been on nine separate Nile River cruises during February and early March had come to the U.S. and tested positive for the virus, nearly doubling the number of known U.S. cases at that time.

The article is carefully worded, but Schwartz saw it as a notable departure from the White House narrative.

“This report seems to challenge the idea that the China travel ban in late January was instrumental in changing the trajectory of this pandemic in the United States,” he said.

In the article, Schuchat also noted the explosive effect of some late February mass gatherings, including a scientific meeting in Boston, the Mardis Gras celebration in New Orleans and a funeral in Albany, Georgia. The gatherings spawned many cases, and led to decisions in mid-March to restrict crowds.

Asked about that during the interview, Schuchat said: “I think in retrospect, taking action earlier could have delayed further amplification (of the U.S. outbreak), or delayed the speed of it.”

But she also noted there was an evolving public understanding of just how bad things were, as well as a change in what kind of measures — including stay-at-home orders — people were willing to accept.

“I think that people’s willingness to accept the mitigation is unfortunately greater once they see the harm the virus can do,” she said. “There will be debates about should we have started much sooner, or did we go too far too fast.”

Schuchat’s article still leaves a lot of questions unanswered, said Dr. Howard Markel, a public health historian at the University of Michigan.

It doesn’t reveal what kind of proposals were made, and perhaps ignored, during the critical period before U.S. cases began to take off in late February, he said.

“I want to know ... the conversations, the memos the presidential edicts,” said Markel, who’s written history books on past pandemics. “Because I still believe this did not need to be as bad as it turned out.”

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

26 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

How exactly did Biden (or other Democrats) respond when Trump put travel bans in place?  That right there would tell you all you need to know about how they would have handled shutdowns.  Shutdowns are actually what Trump got right.

The partial shutdown is why we're in this mess.

Trump thought he could just shutdown flights from Wuhan (metaphorically speaking) and then walk away. He didn't listen to any of his advisors who were telling him that the virus was already here, or that we needed to look at travel restrictions across the board, or that we needed to screen and trace travelers, or that we needed to ramp up testing and PPE. None of that registered with him. He just acted like it was all China's fault.

All Trump saw was a simple problem, so all he could offer was a simple solution. He did ONE THING, and ONE THING only, and then walked away. And then patted himself on the back for the next two weeks. While the virus was spreading and spreading and spreading.

Edited by [scooter]
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

The partial shutdown is why we're in this mess.

Trump thought he could just shutdown flights from Wuhan (metaphorically speaking) and then walk away. He didn't listen to any of his advisors who were telling him that the virus was already here, or that we needed to look at travel restrictions across the board, or that we needed to screen and trace travelers, or that we needed to ramp up testing and PPE. None of that registered with him. He just acted like it was all China's fault.

All Trump saw was a simple problem, so all he could offer was a simple solution. He did ONE THING, and ONE THING only, and then walked away. And then patted himself on the back for the next two weeks. While the virus was spreading and spreading and spreading.

Trump only has persuasive authority to shut the nation down.  The actual authority rests with the individual States.  But treating a less populous State in the same manner that you treat a State like NY doesn't make sense.  That's why, putting the decision making in the hands of the local leadership was and is a good idea.  The Federal government is there to support local leadership, not replace them.  

Dr. Fauci, one of the foremost authorities on infectious disease was saying in late February that Americans didn't need to change their behaviors.  Trump was slammed by Democrats on the actual bans he put into place and other leaders (Pelosi and De Blasio come to mind) were not treating this as something serious.  So I don't understand how having Democratic leadership would have helped.  I'm almost certain that Hillary Clinton wouldn't have instituted a travel ban in January.  I think, things would have been worse.  But decision making using hindsight 20/20 is easy.    

10 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

Dr. Fauci, one of the foremost authorities on infectious disease was saying in late February that Americans didn't need to change their behaviors. 

He said "right now", he said a "major outbreak" was possible and that preparedness was necessary.

I think what this argument often lacks is the idea of preparedness, vs mitigation and intervention.

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

just off the top of my head, how about...earlier shutdowns + massive tracing + DPA production of PPE. You know, the things that we still need right now but aren't happening.

DPA production of PPE might not have even mattered had we not shipped so much back to them, which of course we wouldnt have done. 

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump

Cryin’ Chuck Schumer is complaining, for publicity purposes only, that I should be asking for more money than $2.5 Billion to prepare for Coronavirus. If I asked for more he would say it is too much. He didn’t like my early travel closings. I was right. He is incompetent!

8:02 AM · Feb 25, 2020

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump

Cryin’ Chuck Schumer is complaining, for publicity purposes only, that I should be asking for more money than $2.5 Billion to prepare for Coronavirus. If I asked for more he would say it is too much. He didn’t like my early travel closings. I was right. He is incompetent!

8:02 AM · Feb 25, 2020

Trump's tweets keep aging like milk. Left outside. On the surface of the Sun.

3 hours ago, Snotbubbles said:

IMO...it would have been a similar story to SARS than what we're seeing today because the people who got us through SARS would likely be used to get us through this....no way to know for sure.

55 minutes ago, The Commish said:

IMO...it would have been a similar story to SARS than what we're seeing today because the people who got us through SARS would likely be used to get us through this....no way to know for sure.

I think that's unlikely, simply due to the infectiousness of COVID19 vs SARS.  That's not to say that a properly staffed and managed centralized emergency response team wouldn't have been more effective than the late-to-the-party hodgepodge of a response that we did get.

14 hours ago, Snotbubbles said:

Along with a few global viral epidemics, Obama also dealt with a pandemic.

For the pandemic Obama dealt with, it likely started in Mexico. You know, our neighbors where we apparently have a massive problem of undocumented people spilling across our border. The U.S. lost about 12,000 lives in a pandemic that took between 150,000 to 575,000 lives globally. So, somewhere between 2-8% of the global impact was in the U.S.

Was a pandemic response team helpful? 

Let's see, Trump got his crack at a pandemic. This one started on the other side of the globe. Not next door. 7,000 miles away. And the U.S. has 67,000 of the 245,000 global deaths. Sitting at 27% for now.

Obviously, some countries lie about stats, but I promise you, these other countries didn't suddenly decide in 2020 that they weren't going to be truthful. They lied just as much in 2009. 

Had the U.S. taken 20-30% of the global brunt of H1N1, how would you have rated the response? 

Edited by pollardsvision
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, The Z Machine said:

I think that's unlikely, simply due to the infectiousness of COVID19 vs SARS.  That's not to say that a properly staffed and managed centralized emergency response team wouldn't have been more effective than the late-to-the-party hodgepodge of a response that we did get.

Don't know...it's a guess.  From what we can tell the significant difference seems to be the "asymptomatic" characteristics in COVID 19....I don't remember that being a component in SARS.  I think you meant to say "due to the contagiousness" maybe?  Both are very similar in terms of how it infects others etc.  Regardless, it is true that there are tight windows to knock these things down and stop them before they get going.  I see no reason we couldn't have met that window with swift, decisive action.  This newly formed, yet predictable, mantra of "there's nothing anyone could have done" is false IMO.  

As an aside...I've been sort of following the "investigation" into how this got out of China etc and I know that people want to bag on the WHO and Chinese national government, but it seems the real culprit here was the mayor of Wuhan and the governments at the local level.  If what's out there is true, that's where the focus should be.

I have two elderly parents that I have stayed away from, for the most part. I have seen my dad once and he would die if he gets Covid, his medical conditions are not something Covid is friends with. My mom, I see, at least, once every week. They both live within 5-15 minutes away from me. Can I get a test? Where is the tests we were promised way back in March? I'd like to know if I'm asymptomatic or not. Where is the test? TIA

14 minutes ago, Challenge Everything said:

I have two elderly parents that I have stayed away from, for the most part. I have seen my dad once and he would die if he gets Covid, his medical conditions are not something Covid is friends with. My mom, I see, at least, once every week. They both live within 5-15 minutes away from me. Can I get a test? Where is the tests we were promised way back in March? I'd like to know if I'm asymptomatic or not. Where is the test? TIA

The tests are beautiful. 

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Snotbubbles said:

It's really impossible to say but it would almost certainly have been taken more seriously from the start, the messaging would have been more clear and consistent, the response better organized. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, pollardsvision said:

Along with a few global viral epidemics, Obama also dealt with a pandemic.

For the pandemic Obama dealt with, it likely started in Mexico. You know, our neighbors where we apparently have a massive problem of undocumented people spilling across our border. The U.S. lost about 12,000 lives in a pandemic that took between 150,000 to 575,000 lives globally. So, somewhere between 2-8% of the global impact was in the U.S.

Was a pandemic response team helpful? 

Let's see, Trump got his crack at a pandemic. This one started on the other side of the globe. Not next door. 7,000 miles away. And the U.S. has 67,000 of the 245,000 global deaths. Sitting at 27% for now.

Obviously, some countries lie about stats, but I promise you, these other countries didn't suddenly decide in 2020 that they weren't going to be truthful. They lied just as much in 2009. 

Had the U.S. taken 20-30% of the global brunt of H1N1, how would you have rated the response? 

H1N1 and COVID-19 aren't comparables wrt mortality, treatments and who it affects.  The problem with COVID is when you need to be intubated you are on a ventilator for weeks which creates issues with hospital capacity.  For H1N1 that type of treatment wasn't necessary.  My family had swine flu and they were treated with medications at home.  Not even a comparison worth discussing, it's apples and oranges.

17 hours ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Joe Biden @JoeBiden

15 hours ago, Snotbubbles said:

I don’t think it’s necessary to assume, presume, or perform any mental gymnastics. But if I’m wrong I’d love to hear explained what Biden Tweeted is untrue.

1. It absolutely would have made it’s way to the USA no matter who was in charge.

2. I think it would have made a difference. Not being a epidemiology model monkey I’m not sure I can truthfully say the extent.

3. I think a cardboard cutout of Donald John Trump would have handled this better, because the 2-dimensional version would have remembered “above all else, do no harm.”

Anyway, forward. Blame game is tedious and not super important rn. Let’s get past this & we’ll figure out ways to be more prepared down the road. Everyone’s focus atm should be on how live with Covid 19 for another 12-18 months.

In New York, Cuomo is seen as displaying great leadership daily while DeBlasio is the red headed stepchild. The Mayor can’t seem to get anything right, at least perception wise.

The fact is both are equally responsible for a slow start in taking this seriously. Now once they got rolling I think they’ve done the state and the city a tremendous service. But imagine if instead of listening to public health officials & rolling up their sleeves they wasted all their calories pointing fingers at China or Trump or each other. We the people would have suffered.

I don’t have much tolerance for red v blue in this moment. Maybe I have a more acute sensitivity because I have seen the impact of Coronavirus on a a personal level. But this pandemic is a red, white & blue thing.

We’re all in this together. We are better together; we need each other. Play politics later. Figure out how to move forward & figure out a new normal that works for everyone while protecting all. We can do that - it is achievable. That’s our value. That’s our collective worth, that’s the respect and dignity we have for one another and the nation as a whole.

Lets learn from one another and get up each day determined to make this day a little better than yesterday.

Take a walk. Put the phone down. DrInk some water. Call your momma, it’s her day (or if you’re like me, spend time cultivating a little gratitude for all she imparted while she was here .)

Enjoy your Sunday, y’all.

Edited by BobbyLayne
autocomplete blows
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BobbyLayne said:

I don’t think it’s necessary to assume, presume, or perform any mental gymnastics. But if I’m wrong I’d love to hear explain what Biden Tweeted is untrue.

1. It absolutely would have made it’s way to the USA no matter who was in charge.

2. I think it would have made a difference. Not being a epidemiology model monkey I’m not sure I can truthfully say the extent.

3. I think a cardboard cutout of Donald John Trump would have handled this better, because the 2-dimensional version would have remembered “above all else, do no harm.”

Anyway, forward. Blame game is tedious and not super important rn. Let’s get past this & we’ll figure out ways to be more prepared down the road. Everyone’s focus atm should be on how live with Covid 19 for another 12-18 months.

In New York, Cuomo is seen as displaying great leadership daily while DeBlasio is the red headed stepchild. The Mayor can’t seem to get anything right, at least perception wise.

The fact is both are equally responsible for a slow start in taking this seriously. Now once they got rolling I think they’ve done the state and the city a tremendous service. But imagine if instead of listening to public health e Perry’s & rolling up their sleeves they wasted all their calories pointing fingers at China or Trump or each other. We the people would have suffered.

I don’t have much tolerance for red v blue in this moment. Maybe I have a more acute sensitivity because I have seen the impact of Coronavirus on a a personal level. But this pandemic is a red, white & blue thing.

We’re all in this together. We are better together; we need each other. Play politics later. Figure out how to move forward & figure a new normal that works for everyone while protecting everyone. That’s our value. That’s our collective worth, that’s the respect and dignity we have for one another and the nation as a whole.

Lets learn from one another and get up each day determined to make this day a little better than yesterday.

Take a walk. Put the phone down. DrInk some water. Call your momma, it’s her day (or if you’re like me, spend time cultivating a little gratitude for all she imparted while she was here .)

Enjoy your Sunday, y’all.

NY is the worst State wrt COVID and the blame rests with Cuomo and De Blasio for their slow responses.  They have single handedly crippled the northeast.  Just this week they decided to shut down public transportation to perform cleanings.  Really?  Now you do it.  He does run a nice press conference, that seems really important to people.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Snotbubbles said:

NY is the worst State wrt COVID and the blame rests with Cuomo and De Blasio for their slow responses.  They have single handedly crippled the northeast.  Just this week they decided to shut down public transportation to perform cleanings.  Really?  Now you do it.  He does run a nice press conference, that seems really important to people.

Agree on the first couple points

re: MTA - it’s a back door PR stunt; they were already disinfecting trains & stations on the regular, have been for 6 weeks. They don’t need to close for 4 hours to do it, half the cars aren’t in service overnight. The Daily News & New York Post both ran stories early in the week with sensationalized photos of street people sleeping on trains with their carts of belongings. Bad look, within 24 hours they fixed their perception problem. We don’t have enough beds to cover the 4K-10K sleeping on the streets every night but that constituency has little power in its advocacy representations. So NBD as far as the Governor & Mayor are concerned.

to the bolded - that is massively important. there’s a whole chapter in the pandemic response handbook devoted to consistent messaging. people act like they have no choice to social distance but that’s not true. Cuomo has said there’s [no] mechanism to compel 19.5M people to put on masks or stay in their homes. they had to educate the public, present facts, reason with them, get their buy in and approval. governments in free societies have very limited power without the people’s consent.

Edited by BobbyLayne

Federal prosecutors are examining the communications of a New York family doctor whose work has been discussed on Fox News and who has been in touch with the White House to tout an anti-malarial as a treatment for the novel coronavirus, according to people contacted as part of the inquiry.

The examination of Vladimir “Zev” Zelenko’s records began when an associate, conservative commentator Jerome Corsi, accidentally sent an email intended for Zelenko to another “Z” name in his address book — federal prosecutor Aaron Zelinsky, who as a member of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s team had spent months scrutinizing Corsi’s activities during the 2016 presidential election.

During episodes of his daily podcast this week and in a YouTube video he posted late Thursday in response to questions from The Washington Post, Corsi said that Zelinsky responded to the unexpected email by reaching out to Corsi’s lawyer and requesting all of Corsi’s communications with Zelenko.

Zelinsky is tasked now with investigating coronavirus-related crimes in the Maryland U.S. attorney’s office, as part of a directive from U.S. Attorney General William P. Barr to prioritize such cases. The department already has charged a medley of fraudsters for peddling fake cures, selling personal protective equipment they didn’t actually have or running more complicated Medicare reimbursement schemes, and officials say tips are coming in droves.

Gregory Rigano, a lawyer who said he is working with Zelenko, said in a brief telephone conversation Thursday night that they had not been contacted by federal prosecutors and that he was not aware of any possible law enforcement interest in Zelenko.

...In his YouTube video, Corsi displayed the email he inadvertently sent to Zelinsky. In it, he wrote that Zelenko had “an FDA approved randomized test of HCQ underway” — a reference to hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malarial. ...

Wapo

- Corsi and Trump, now joined by Rigano and Zelenko. The gang that couldn't shoot straight strikes again.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

1 hour ago, Challenge Everything said:

They can play "we have testing" all the want on TV.  In the real world if you feel sick they tell you we can't test you unless yadda, yadda, yadda and just assume you have Covid and stay home for 2 weeks. 

38 minutes ago, Mile High said:

They can play "we have testing" all the want on TV.  In the real world if you feel sick they tell you we can't test you unless yadda, yadda, yadda and just assume you have Covid and stay home for 2 weeks. 

That is exactly what the big hospital did with my dad. Gave him pneumonia medication and sent him home for two weeks. Talk is cheap.

14 minutes ago, Challenge Everything said:

That is exactly what the big hospital did with my dad. Gave him pneumonia medication and sent him home for two weeks. Talk is cheap.

Just experienced it with my daughter just this pass Friday. She is feeling I'll, called her insurance they set up a video appointment with a doctor.  He told her since she isn't high risk no test, just assume it's Covid.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Snotbubbles said:

1. Yes, it would have made it here

2. Having someone from the CDC on the ground in China would have meant that we did not have to rely on the Chinese government for information. We would have been apprised of the severity of the situation by a scientist and could have been taking precautions, not downplaying and dismissing as a "hoax" and saying it was no worse than the seasonal flu.

3. Yes. Trump sees everything through the lens of a malignant narcissist. Everything is about him. How will this affect his re-election? How can he blame someone else? If the numbers don't indicate he's "doing a great job", fire the person reporting the numbers.  Nothing is done for the good of the country, because he is only capable of thinking about himself and making everything about him.

Edited by JamieMurphy
  • Like 4