What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sinn Fein said:
Imagine the alternative:

In a new interview, President Hillary Clinton, a Democrat, said she doesn’t want to bail out states that have Republican governors. Mrs. Clinton also refused to let a CDC expert testify before the GOP-led Senate because, she claims, they are all “Clinton haters.”
It's astounding to realize how much Idiocracy low-balled it.

I can't speak to how "fringe" it is, but the hypocrisy is off the charts in my anecdotal world.  The venn diagram is a single circle.
I don't know how fringe it is, but the COVID thread in the FFA seems divided.

ETA:  Someone literally just said the following over there regarding wearing masks, "However, it quite simply boils down to the fact that I don't want to.  If the laws change in a way that require me to do so then I will comply to the extent I am required by law."

Last edited by a moderator:
It's astounding to realize how much Idiocracy low-balled it.
You can’t really parody Trump.

The way to have the movie work is to have Hillary win the election then proceed to do all the things Trump did.

You could also do an Office like show.  Everyone exasperated at Hillary like they are with Michael.

So many episodes to do.  The sharpie episode.  The attacking the war hero episode.  The kfc episode.

kate mckinnon as Hillary Clinton.

Sinn Fein said:
Imagine the alternative:

In a new interview, President Hillary Clinton, a Democrat, said she doesn’t want to bail out states that have Republican governors. Mrs. Clinton also refused to let a CDC expert testify before the GOP-led Senate because, she claims, they are all “Clinton haters.”
I will only consider this alternative if she would also call some Fox news reporter or political opponent a name like 'poop face' or the like (I understand that name calling increases popularity and is hilarious). Only then would this version of the simulation be adequate.

You can’t really parody Trump.

The way to have the movie work is to have Hillary win the election then proceed to do all the things Trump did.

You could also do an Office like show.  Everyone exasperated at Hillary like they are with Michael.

So many episodes to do.  The sharpie episode.  The attacking the war hero episode.  The kfc episode.

kate mckinnon as Hillary Clinton.
The "plan to replace Obamacare" that no one was allowed to read and which we all suspected was comprised of thousands of blank pages.

"Solving the birth certificate mystery" and then using the tv coverage to pitch some condos.

The man has given us a lifetime of material but I'd give it all up to have him gone in January.

The "plan to replace Obamacare" that no one was allowed to read and which we all suspected was comprised of thousands of blank pages.

"Solving the birth certificate mystery" and then using the tv coverage to pitch some condos.

The man has given us a lifetime of material but I'd give it all up to have him gone in January.
The show could work because the characters we are laughing at are democrats.  I could see  Republicans watching it.

Imagine Bill goes to Texas wearing a long jacket that says, “i really dont care do u?”

In this universe AOC is a shill for large corporations.  

Pelosi could play the Lindsey Graham role.

• Love
Reactions: JAA
The show could work because the characters we are laughing at are democrats.  I could see  Republicans watching it.

Imagine Bill goes to Texas wearing a long jacket that says, “i really dont care do u?”

In this universe AOC is a shill for large corporations.  

Pelosi could play the Lindsey Graham role.
With the way Lindsey Graham has flip-flopped on Trump, Lindsay Graham could play the role of Lindsay Graham.

Pence says they are considering disbanding the COVID task force.  So I guess if no one in Trumps government acknowledges it, but his is just going to go magically away...MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!!
No time for the task force, Trump has to get back on the campaign trail. No doubt this Phoenix trip is just the start. And he will probably tell people not to wear masks. He’s gonna shift into doing what he thinks will get him re-elected and that’s pumping up the base. I’m hoping that him being a germaphobe will stop him from doing it but I have a feeling that it’s coming. 

I don't know how fringe it is, but the COVID thread in the FFA seems divided.

ETA:  Someone literally just said the following over there regarding wearing masks, "However, it quite simply boils down to the fact that I don't want to.  If the laws change in a way that require me to do so then I will comply to the extent I am required by law."
Tough times always expose the worst in people.

Amused to Death said:
He then went on to say* the United States, under his watch and direction, will be the first country to put a man on the sun!

Also, in his last round of golf Dear Leader had an unprecedented five holes in one and shot a record 38!

*not a real quote
He is working with a company on SPF 1000 for the trip because well you know the sun is very bright there. (for after he is out of office of course)

Sen. Angus King on CNN: "We just spent two trillion dollars of the taxpayers' money, and to say 'sorry, you can't check on what we're doing' ... It's insulting to the American people and it's damaging because we just have to know these things. It's all a pattern of stonewalling."

Total ####s Given by Trump Administration: 0

No talk of the whistle blower?

It's amazing that in 2020, people deny science so much that they are willing to put their own lives on the line for... something. Trump and the Republicans have done a masterful job of misdirection. People should not be upset with Governor's taking charge. People should be upset with the lack of responsibility the Executive Branch has had. So, shameful.
It’s all pretty disgusting :kicksrock:

This guy Dr Bright got railroaded.

No time for the task force, Trump has to get back on the campaign trail. No doubt this Phoenix trip is just the start. And he will probably tell people not to wear masks. He’s gonna shift into doing what he thinks will get him re-elected and that’s pumping up the base. I’m hoping that him being a germaphobe will stop him from doing it but I have a feeling that it’s coming. 
It's not like he would be in the crowd. He doesn't give a ####. I guarantee we are going to hear stories of him wanting to have rallies.

The song “Live and Let Die” was playing over the speakers during Trumps factory tour today. The music supervisor in this simulation sucks. Way too on the nose. Come on, man!
It’s a factory making masks and he wouldn’t wear a mask. He even drops the low hanging fruit.

So I’ve been suspended for about a week, and it seems to me that during that week the situation in this country had changed dramatically and not for the better. The federal government and President Trump have completely abandoned all the supposed guidelines for reopening: remember “phase 1” and “phase 2”? That’s all gone. They’re now encouraging states to just go ahead and open up for business, with still no testing in place and no plan for contract tracing whatsoever. Maybe it was just too hard, or maybe, more likely, Trump didn’t want the responsibility. Whatever the reason, there’s going to be chaos, and a lot of needless death coming our way I think. I certainly hope I’m wrong about that. What a mess. 

From March 2020 through March 2021.  I set the over/under on the death toll at 450,000.

Could never understand the numbers we have been given.  The estimates keep on going up 10k every few weeks.  As if this is going to stop in a few months.

We are talking 100k by June and I'd be surprised if 20% of the population has been exposed to this.

I'd take the under.  I think it will be 350k in  a year.  18 months though?

This is at least 5x's worse than influenza.  We are are at 350k for the year considering this probably not as seasonal.

We are being slow-rolled.  Every two weeks the estimate goes up 10k.  What is the estimate anyway?  What is the time frame?

So I’ve been suspended for about a week, and it seems to me that during that week the situation in this country had changed dramatically and not for the better. The federal government and President Trump have completely abandoned all the supposed guidelines for reopening: remember “phase 1” and “phase 2”? That’s all gone. They’re now encouraging states to just go ahead and open up for business, with still no testing in place and no plan for contract tracing whatsoever. Maybe it was just too hard, or maybe, more likely, Trump didn’t want the responsibility. Whatever the reason, there’s going to be chaos, and a lot of needless death coming our way I think. I certainly hope I’m wrong about that. What a mess. 
I often think the suspensions are questionable.  The admin says something reprehensible.  You react with a gusto/vile and then you get suspended.  As if they are equivalent.

When you can't react to the craziness you end up with the daily press conferences where Trump berates reporters, who have their mics turned down, and who bite their tongue because they are afraid to lose their job.

We should be shaming Trump and those who support them.  By not shouting out we normalize it.  Like the daily press conferences have become.  "Can we put the UV light into the body?"  Embarrassing state of affairs.

Everyone don't be rude as the drunk captain steers into the iceberg.  Be calm and keep your fingers crossed it will work out.

The economy is tanked and hundred of thousands are going to die yet we are still humoring this farce.  Wake up.  This is insane.

We used to be a country of selflessness, not selfishness. "My freedoms/rights are more important than your safety" has become a recurring theme. Go to the grocery store, 20% of the customers aren't wearing masks. Young people with smug, I-don't-care-about-you expressions on their faces.

The cult of ignorance is in charge. I'd say, "Darwin, do you thing" but they'll be taking a bunch of others out with them.

I often think the suspensions are questionable.  The admin says something reprehensible.  You react with a gusto/vile and then you get suspended.  As if they are equivalent.

When you can't react to the craziness you end up with the daily press conferences where Trump berates reporters, who have their mics turned down, and who bite their tongue because they are afraid to lose their job.

We should be shaming Trump and those who support them.  By not shouting out we normalize it.  Like the daily press conferences have become.  "Can we put the UV light into the body?"  Embarrassing state of affairs.

Everyone don't be rude as the drunk captain steers into the iceberg.  Be calm and keep your fingers crossed it will work out.

The economy is tanked and hundred of thousands are going to die yet we are still humoring this farce.  Wake up.  This is insane.
The shame and humiliation belongs on the incredibly vile anti Trump side.  The behavior of that side has been reprehensible.

We used to be a country of selflessness, not selfishness. "My freedoms/rights are more important than your safety" has become a recurring theme. Go to the grocery store, 20% of the customers aren't wearing masks. Young people with smug, I-don't-care-about-you expressions on their faces.

The cult of ignorance is in charge. I'd say, "Darwin, do you thing" but they'll be taking a bunch of others out with them.
Its not just young people.   Its people of all ages.. I dislike how we say its young people yet ignore the fact that the majority of people that are causing the issues are people in their 30-50's.  

Meanwhile 70k Americans are dead and we have a President that won’t wear a mask in a mask factory.  We are living in an Onion story day after day after day after day...
...when it could have been 2,000,000 but sure let’s ignore that fact so we can outrage. 

Remember the days (seems like years ago) early in this thing where people were :hophead:  about the 1.5-2 million dying thing because it was so outrageous and preposterous and they were numbers that were just used to fear monger?

Now those numbers are being used in "whew, we got it down to 100K...remember it could have been 2 million?!?!?!"  :lmao:  

The 2 million number WAS absurd then and IS absurd now to be used in any form or fashion but here we are.

Remember the days (seems like years ago) early in this thing where people were :hophead:  about the 1.5-2 million dying thing because it was so outrageous and preposterous and they were numbers that were just used to fear monger?

Now those numbers are being used in "whew, we got it down to 100K...remember it could have been 2 million?!?!?!"  :lmao:  

The 2 million number WAS absurd then and IS absurd now to be used in any form or fashion but here we are.
Seems like this is the bet Trump has made.

Hope that the economy improves in time for the election, and claim anything under 2 million deaths was a great success.

And you know why it's not 2 million?

Because of stay-at-home orders.
Yet you are still whining daily about the POTUS. I mean, you understand the stay at home can’t go on forever right and 99.9% of the country never came close to running out of hospital beds and ventilators? But hey, keep faux raging. 

And you know why it's not 2 million?

Because of stay-at-home orders.
Also, note, that most Americans took advice from experts and followed suggestions to curb the spread. Don't let anyone tell you, not saying "you" Skoo, but don't let anyone tell you that most Americans want to get back to work without guidelines. These protesters are the Radical Right Wing and will do anything to make Trump look good. I don't know why, but they have drunk the Tang. The Radical Right Wing and American Terrorism is front and center at these "protests."

Mental gymnastics at its finest.

Yet you are still whining daily about the POTUS. I mean, you understand the stay at home can’t go on forever right and 99.9% of the country never came close to running out of hospital beds and ventilators? But hey, keep faux raging. 
My wife is a nurse working with COVID-19 patients in a city hospital. Big swing and a miss there.

The only thing that's "faux" here is your little shtick. The adults are talking, feel free to escape back to your little safe space in the Trump thread.

The song “Live and Let Die” was playing over the speakers during Trumps factory tour today. The music supervisor in this simulation sucks. Way too on the nose. Come on, man!
It was the campaign play list. For a White House visit of a manufacturing facility dedicated to fighting a national crisis. Arguably there is no administration in the constitutional sense, it’s just a constant campaign, politicizing everything, and grifting here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread