Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Government Response To The Coronavirus

26 minutes ago, tonydead said:

This is the silliest argument ever.  The fact that covid has wiped out 25% of the work force and the market is humming along still not quite into bear territory should tell you everything you need to know.  Same reason the stock thread hasn't been bumped since March.  

Wait, you are acting like there has ever been an objective position taken by the potus haters? This is the norm with them. Best to ignore. 

• Laughing 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Australia has had months of little to no community spread and even then it was confined to one state. By and large Australians are running around doing the right thing, sport was and is still hap

This is going to be a one off post because I don't want to get trolled or banned but if I were American, the context of Canada would be the biggest damning fact of how things have been handled in the

I am confident we are going to hit >750K deaths.  I think it might be a million.  I don't post a ton but I'm an ER doc in a big city. This is by far the worse I've seen since the pandemic star

6 minutes ago, -jb- said:

......aaaaaaaand he's talking about the stock market and the military.  oh,  and the wall.

I guess thats better than the accusations he has been making about Obama.

21 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

"We have prevailed"

Trump is making this too easy for Biden.

Looks like this clown has already given a couple of more great quotes for Biden and his team to put together for the November ads. Keep talking Donnie :lol:

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

He just said there are more deaths inside the house with drug addiction and suicide!!!!!!!!!! 

Trump = death inside and outside!

I'm assuming Trump has zero data to back up that claim. Would love to hear a reporter ask for the hard data on that to show if Trump is just pulling this stuff out of his ###.

3 minutes ago, shader said:

over/under on the number of days until Trump accuses the governors of murder for their handling of covid-19?  (His son is already doing it)

He doesn't need to say it himself as long as he gets his son and Fox News to say it for him.

That was his best ending yet.

Reporter: "You pointed at me let me ask my question."

Trump: "I pointed at you and then you didn't respond."

Trump: "Ladies and gentlemen, that's all I have." Walks off...

Edited by Joe Mammy
  • Laughing 1
3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Trump abruptly ends news conference. He did talk a long time before that but nearly everything he said was ridiculous. 

Cue the stock response how Trump answers more questions in one presser than Obama did in 8 years. Yes, he answers a lot of questions but most are deflections or make no sense at all (like today).

4 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

That was his best ending yet.

Reporter: "You pointed at me let me ask my question."

Trump: "I pointed at you and then you didn't question."

Trump: "Ladies and gentlemen, that's all I have." Walks off...

I just rewatched the ending. This will be played out huge. 

He went on a rant blaming China. Then the reporter tried to ask, "why are you telling me this?"

My guess, and it is a guess is that she had Asian eyes above her mask and she felt he was picking on her because she was Asian.

The main disconnect between Trump and the scientists continues to be that Trump insists that the only people who need to be tested are those who already have symptoms. Every medical expert tells us the opposite: that we need to randomly test people without symptoms all the time and then perform contact tracing on those who have the virus. Otherwise it’s simply not safe to open. 

Couple of other points: 

1. Obviously blaming China. Allows Trump and Republicans to avoid any discussion of his actions (and lack of them.) 

2. Now Trump is suddenly saying that the great economy is coming next year- this year we’re getting a “transition to excellence”. Which means that if things are still rotten in November Trump can say, as Herbert Hoover did, that “prosperity is around the corner.” So long as we don’t screw it up by electing Democrats who will raise taxes. Of all Republican arguments this is easily the most shopworn. 

21 hours ago, turnerj0 said:

The most concerning part of the analogy is that most coaches actually care about improving. They may suck at it, but they at least try. 

Trump has made it abundantly clear that he has no interest in improving, and that if a more serious situation hits us we will not be any better prepared:

"Once we OPEN UP OUR GREAT COUNTRY, and it will be sooner rather than later, the horror of the Invisible Enemy, except for those that sadly lost a family member or friend, must be quickly forgotten. Our Economy will BOOM, perhaps like never before"

Trump is only concerned about being reelected and saying bad things about Obama. 

37 minutes ago, JbizzleMan said:

Bravo. Love Trump getting exposed and called out. YOU SEE THIS REPORTERS? MORE OF THAT PLEASE!

The wild thing is that his supporters love seeing him do that. Somehow they view attacking reporters and refusing to take any accountability as leadership.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, tonydead said:

This is the silliest argument ever.  The fact that covid has wiped out 25% of the work force and the market is humming along still not quite into bear territory should tell you everything you need to know.  Same reason the stock thread hasn't been bumped since March.  

Covid wiped out my job and my finances are still humming.  It’s easy when the government gives you money.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Zigg said:

Covid wiped out my job and my finances are still humming.  It’s easy when the government gives you money.  

Good for you.  I'm fortunate too as my job is essential apparently, although I don't qualify for any government assistance.  I think the assistance is bipartisan, I wouldn't give all the credit to Trump, and really helped the economy.  :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Good for you.  I'm fortunate too as my job is essential apparently, although I don't qualify for any government assistance.  I think the assistance is bipartisan, I wouldn't give all the credit to Trump, and really helped the economy.  :thumbup:

I’m Canadian, we try to take care of everyone.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

“The fight-or-flight response (also called hyperarousal, the Crumbles, or the acute stress response) is a physiological reaction that occurs in response to a perceived harmful event, attack, or threat to survival.”

See ya later tough guy.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Everyone got money in Canada?  How much?

$1000 every 2 weeks, $400 gst rebate every quarter, $1000 from the province(bc), not repeating, but will be addressed at later date if we get more.

This is for unemployed.  A raise across the board has been addressed for those working.  Not sure about it, or what the income cut off is.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Joe Mammy said:

I just rewatched the ending. This will be played out huge. 

He went on a rant blaming China. Then the reporter tried to ask, "why are you telling me this?"

My guess, and it is a guess is that she had Asian eyes above her mask and she felt he was picking on her because she was Asian.

That exchange was horrible. She is Asian and he made the comment because she’s Asian. He’s going to drop a racial slur on live TV one of these days.