What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you.

I am just thinking about this politically, today.

The GOP is already behind the 8-ball on this one because the Dem-led House passed their bill months ago.  So the the Dems are already hammering the GOP to do something.  The GOP is saying conservative-like things - including "We need to rein in the (extra) unemployment benefits".  And, I think they have a decent argument, if they couch it correctly.

But when you effectively say: "We have no money for you.  But, instead we have money for these other people over here...."  That is just bad politics in an environment where the GOP need a win.

With the Dem pork - they are saying: "We have money for you, and you, and you, and even those people over there.  Everyone wins!"

ETA - and attacking Dems on free-wheeling spending is fair game - even more so if you come at it from a fiscally conservative perspective.  But, when your bill is still spending trillions, but not as much on voters, that is going to hurt, politically.  The Ads write themselves.
I get your point and I said I agree.  However i wont subscribe to the idea that the democratic pork barrel policies are good and benefit all mankind while the Republican ones are evil

Can we agree that pork barrel politics is bad in most cases? I thought that was the general consensus? No?

I'm really not sure what you are arguing

Can we agree that pork barrel politics is bad in most cases? I thought that was the general consensus? No?

Usually its for political purposes which is bad enough.    The President pushing for a project purely to line his own pocket regardless of the political ramifications in my mind is far worse.

I just can't subscribe to "pork is pork".   I just can't think in those black and white terms.  Some are worse than others.

Cool.  Good finds from May and June.  I honestly assume it’s worse across the country now, primarily because the rates of infection have accelerated well past the minimal funding behind the concept.  

Which doesn’t make the concept malarkey.  But, it is an indictment on those who have gone to great lengths to minimize.  
I mean I could post a story from like 8 hours ago about a major city only reaching 17%, but whats the point?

You obviously don't want any of this info since if you did, you would already have found it easily and wouldn't be asking for links.

Pork barrel politics got things done at least. If a bridge improvement or museum in a Senators home state got a vote for some decent legislation that’s far better than the obscene graft or legislative paralysis we are seeing today.

Pork is bad in the abstract but was effective. Sad but true. I’d rather have the pork in black and white in the Bill where I can see it than the ungodly corruption we have now. 

See. No.  And this was never said.  But to be happy someone might die? Hey if you're cool with that then that's fine.  I'm not. 
I just find it funny you tend to be Coronas best spokesman but want to clutch your pearls when we don’t wail and gnash our teeth when karma reaches out and touches some of those folks. Hell I thought that was the conservative way. 

Welfare recipients, incarcerated folks, single moms, drug addicts, people with no health care, uneducated? Screw em it’s their own fault. I’ve heard it over and over and over. But nooo some donkey who couldn’t care for himself or his countrymen by taking basic precautions? Who in fact might have encouraged others to not take basic precautions? I’m not having a party or celebrating but I’ve got plenty of other outlets for my compassion right now. 

I just find it funny you tend to be Coronas best spokesman but want to clutch your pearls when we don’t wail and gnash our teeth when karma reaches out and touches some of those folks. Hell I thought that was the conservative way. 

Welfare recipients, incarcerated folks, single moms, drug addicts, people with no health care, uneducated? Screw em it’s their own fault. I’ve heard it over and over and over. But nooo some donkey who couldn’t care for himself or his countrymen by taking basic precautions? Who in fact might have encouraged others to not take basic precautions? I’m not having a party or celebrating but I’ve got plenty of other outlets for my compassion right now. 
You don't know me at all sir. I am far from corona's best spokesman. So while you probably felt high and mighty writing that response, and even practiced it in your head a few times, your entire premise is wrong.

Sorry

Trump is re-tweeting conspiracy theories about the Covid response and treatments (Hydroxychloroquine cure again) and accusing Fauci of intentionally causing deaths and damaging his presidency.

His response to the Covid crisis is a historical disgrace.  /thread
So his pandemic briefings the past few days were just PR stunts.

Don't forget "make better choices"

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump is re-tweeting conspiracy theories about the Covid response and treatments (Hydroxychloroquine cure again) and accusing Fauci of intentionally causing deaths and damaging his presidency.

His response to the Covid crisis is a historical disgrace.  /thread
I have no idea what's going on, as I've been on a 3-4 day covid break, but Hydroxychloroquine is all over right-wing social media today.  I'm not sure why.

I have no idea what's going on, as I've been on a 3-4 day covid break, but Hydroxychloroquine is all over right-wing social media today.  I'm not sure why.
there’s a video going around.  Facebook and Twitter are taking it down.  It’s showing up on my feed a lot.

Well said.

Before Trump and his supporters embrace Immanuel’s medical expertise, though, they should consider other medical claims Immanuel has made—including those about alien DNA and the physical effects of having sex with witches and demons in your dreams. 
Nah let's just run with it. Seems fine.

Good post.  I

cobalt_27 said:
You’re focusing on an irrelevant point and missing the obvious, larger one.  Strikes me as deliberate.  Cool, carry on.
It is irrelevant to you and your political wants and needs, obviously. It is completely relevant to a discussion about whether or not a process is worthwhile in plenty of cities across the US.

You know, evaluations people make every single day when spending money.

sho nuff said:
If its misinformation...shouldn't they?
Yes.  But who exactly determines what's "truth" and what's "misinformation?"  Basically, if it doesn't jibe with the viewpoints of the companies' executives/authorities, then it's deemed to be "misinformation."

That's censorship, plain and simple.

It is irrelevant to you and your political wants and needs, obviously. It is completely relevant to a discussion about whether or not a process is worthwhile in plenty of cities across the US.

You know, evaluations people make every single day when spending money.
I see you great pride in surface level lectures about trust involving those same evaluators who utterly failed at evaluating science, public safety, and peddled in lies and misinformation whose activities could only be made possible by the blunt force of Trumpism and demagoguery resulted in 150,000+ dead and absolutely no coherent means to contain or control a virus.  The only thing that is a bunch of malarkey is unforgivable dishonesty and indolence that Trump supporters have shown in response to this pandemic.  Cool, keep doing what you're doing.

Yes.  But who exactly determines what's "truth" and what's "misinformation?"  Basically, if it doesn't jibe with the viewpoints of the companies' executives/authorities, then it's deemed to be "misinformation."

well few things...i think its not hard to figure out its likely misinformation. I also would not go so far as to call it censorship either.  The arent suppressing the guy from speaking...they just arent giving him a platform to do so.

sho nuff said:
If its misinformation...shouldn't they?

This kind of censorship is good for capitalism, though. It gives competing platforms an opportunity to gain market share by promoting the very ideas that their competitors "censor."

If enough people follow, then Twitter goes bankrupt and the new business thrives.

Also, this is a perfect opportunity for true believers to get in on the ground floor of a future stock bonanza. If Twitter's actions cause hydroxy-related stocks to sag, then savvy investors can swoop in and buy at a bargain price.

Anyway, complaining about this type of "censorship" is a bit like complaining about FFToday for banning the promotion of the Draft Dominator.

Hydroxy supporters should be celebrating Twitter and Facebook's decision. Now's your chance to make them pay.

This kind of censorship is good for capitalism, though. It gives competing platforms an opportunity to gain market share by promoting the very ideas that their competitors "censor."

If enough people follow, then Twitter goes bankrupt and the new business thrives.

Also, this is a perfect opportunity for true believers to get in on the ground floor of a future stock bonanza. If Twitter's actions cause hydroxy-related stocks to sag, then savvy investors can swoop in and buy at a bargain price.

Anyway, complaining about this type of "censorship" is a bit like complaining about FFToday for banning the promotion of the Draft Dominator.

Hydroxy supporters should be celebrating Twitter and Facebook's decision. Now's your chance to make them pay.
Let the free market decide, right?

Or is that not a thing anymore?

Meh that's weasel talk. 

We can arrive at the fundamental truth on most issues. Or at the very least we can identify egregious misinformation. 

But she deserves to be heard!
Yup. He said her voice needed to be heard :lol:

Then asked about the other ideas she has he just left.

He has gotten better about this - when you are in a hole stop digging.

Unfortunately for him he still looks a fool either way. Guess that’s the problem when you endorse insane people.

Trump: "They're very respected doctors. There was a woman who was spectacular in her statements about it and she's had tremendous success with it."

Reporter: "She's also made videos saying that doctors make medicine using DNA from aliens." 

Trump: "I know nothing about her”

I missed his press conferences actually. Like real life VEEP episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump: "They're very respected doctors. There was a woman who was spectacular in her statements about it and she's had tremendous success with it."

Reporter: "She's also made videos saying that doctors make medicine using DNA from aliens." 

Trump: "I know nothing about her”

I missed his press conferences actually. Like real life VEEP episodes.
Do you happen to know which doctor it was that said this?

:lmao: Yeah, I found it...thanks.  This is freakin' AMAZING!!
The reporter who asked him about it in his press conference loves doing this to him (her name escapes me) asks him about some stupid thing he says.

Typically he has a little meltdown back, today he just lumbered off the stage.

It was in Trump's tweet - Stella Imannuel

He only mentioned her because she said something good about hydroxychloroquine. Not sure where Trump sits on her other theories like the world being run by an Illuminati cabal of reptilian humanoids.
Yep. The woman who made the video the removal of which is being decried as censorship by the right wing today, and which caused Don Jr. to be suspended from Twitter for posting it. She also threatened Facebook that Jesus would shut down Facebook’s servers if it doesn’t put her video back up.  Also she believes endometriosis is caused by women having dream sex with demons.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread