Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Government Response To The Coronavirus

1 hour ago, parasaurolophus said:

Do we have a lot of vaccine sitting at places that isnt being administered? 

My in laws were supposed to get dose 2 today in IL. They arent because they are out of vaccine where they were scheduled. 

Hundreds of millions of doses and our vaccination sites keep closing because they dont have any. This administration has no idea what they are doing. 

• Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is going to be a one off post because I don't want to get trolled or banned but if I were American, the context of Canada would be the biggest damning fact of how things have been handled in the

Australia has had months of little to no community spread and even then it was confined to one state. By and large Australians are running around doing the right thing, sport was and is still hap

I am confident we are going to hit >750K deaths.  I think it might be a million.  I don't post a ton but I'm an ER doc in a big city. This is by far the worse I've seen since the pandemic star

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

It doesn't matter...Because no one knew.  

I agree we should NOW look and learn, you're completely and totally and utterly missing the point.  I am allowing the botched response by our politicians when this started because no one knew crap.  And everyone was fumbling.

I started this to make the point that I am not blaming Cuomo for his nursing home debacle just as I am not blaming Trump for his early missteps.  

Sure we learned things and can do better next time.  We hope.

Right.  NYC was the Petrie dish.  Bad decisions were going to be made as part of trial and error.  

that’s without considering specific actions coumo might have taken and the knowledge he had at the time

6 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

It doesn't matter...Because no one knew.  

I agree we should NOW look and learn, you're completely and totally and utterly missing the point.  I am allowing the botched response by our politicians when this started because no one knew crap.  And everyone was fumbling.

I started this to make the point that I am not blaming Cuomo for his nursing home debacle just as I am not blaming Trump for his early missteps.  

Sure we learned things and can do better next time.  We hope.

The intelligence community warned that this was a potential cataclysmic event in November. We could have prepared more based on the timeline of what we knew and when. That’s to say nothing of the what happened in May-present when we did have a solid understanding of what was happening.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Lol. And it took Fauci until August to come up with that excuse. 

If that’s all it is: an excuse than just another massive knock against the governments handling of this. Either way it’s bad. 

1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

The intelligence community warned that this was a potential cataclysmic event in November. We could have prepared more based on the timeline of what we knew and when. That’s to say nothing of the what happened in May-present when we did have a solid understanding of what was happening.

Right...And Cuomo shouldn't have dumped all the old people into homes.  Woulda-shoulda-coulda.

I see we are making no progress here so I will move on.  I can't say my point anymore than I have.

I get your point. I just don’t agree that Cuomo, Trump and other political leaders should get a free pass for the last years worth of mistakes. We just disagree on that part. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

This report was unequivocally denied and was based solely on one unknown source put out by abc news. 

I think this report all stemmed from reports of hospitals in wuhan being packed. There were satelite photos and everything. 

But even Osterholm touched on this in his podcast and says that this is super common in china because gastro intestinal issues rip through areas there and cause massive fluctuations in hospitals. 

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

This report was unequivocally denied and was based solely on one unknown source put out by abc news. 

I think this report all stemmed from reports of hospitals in wuhan being packed. There were satelite photos and everything. 

But even Osterholm touched on this in his podcast and says that this is super common in china because gastro intestinal issues rip through areas there and cause massive fluctuations in hospitals. 

Interesting. Didn’t see it retracted. We beliehe the Intel reports were at least being presented in January and February, right?

46 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Hundreds of millions of doses and our vaccination sites keep closing because they dont have any. This administration has no idea what they are doing. 

And yet 1.8 million doses administered per day over the last week.

Don’t write your narrative first and back into your thought.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, jobarules said:
34 minutes ago, Apple Jack said:

How do you know? Where you there? Did you make the vaccine and inject it into him?

It was in the news

Just another dooshy move by Trump on his way out. We need leaders, especially the top leader, to show people who are hesitant, that getting the vaccine is a good thing. If Trump would have worn a mask last year, and would have publicly gotten the vaccine...

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Interesting. Didn’t see it retracted. We beliehe the Intel reports were at least being presented in January and February, right?

Without looking for links: January 8, 2020 was when the situation in China started getting understood overseas and the U.S. government (the State Department and the President?) began getting briefed. Researchers all over the word, including the U.S., had been working with the sequenced SARS-CoV-2 genome by then -- the first computer-modeled vaccine 'blueprint' came out on January 11, 2020.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

According to This it seems like we have a supply issue. 

There is currently a supply issue but that’s likely to change quickly. Both Pfizer and Moderna are expected to have ramped up production and distribution this month in addition to the rollout of J&J.

I’d say the biggest problem is the uncertainty of not knowing when those doses are being distributed. Without that, it’s tough to plan and schedule dosing.

Right now we’re getting doses from the county and federal program. The country program we request doses on Monday, get approval on Wednesday and receive the doses whenever they get delivered. The federal program we get whatever they decide to give us without much advanced notice. Both have the expectation that doses are used within 7 days of receiving.

The problem with that is when distribution gets expanded, most places won’t be able to quickly ramp up administration. There’s really two options right now, plan and schedule for a ramp up and hope that you get vaccine in time or do it all on the fly.

I’ve spent the last few weeks just doing 2nd doses to clear future weeks to give the flexibility to either not worry about getting vaccine or ramp up our clinics if we do get the increased vaccine that we’re expecting. But it’s all up the air. Some of the J&J was ordered but we don’t know who’s getting it, when or who to give it to if we do get it.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

If anybody wants a daily reminder of how covid was handled one year ago, this is a great follow.

Taiwanese were on top of their ####. Feb 7th they mobilized the military to more than double daily mask production. We were still saying NBD, go out to eat, it’s all good.

• Sad 2
5 hours ago, Apple Jack said:

How do you know? Where you there? Did you make the vaccine and inject it into him?

C’mon, guy.  I expect a better reply than this from a kid in middle school

Edited by The Dude
8 hours ago, dawgtrails said:

Just another dooshy move by Trump on his way out. We need leaders, especially the top leader, to show people who are hesitant, that getting the vaccine is a good thing. If Trump would have worn a mask last year, and would have publicly gotten the vaccine...

They're not my "leaders"  never have been, never will be.  

Recent news stories are once again showing that these so called leaders are in many cases bumbling idiots.  I refuse to call someone a leader because they won an election.  

Gross 

7 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

If anybody wants a daily reminder of how covid was handled one year ago, this is a great follow.

Jeez.  That brings back such uncomfortable feelings.    Ugh.  I stopped reading

Biden really laying it out there saying by May there will be a vaccine for every adult. That’s a bold statement. Hopefully he’s right.

1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

Biden really laying it out there saying by May there will be a vaccine for every adult. That’s a bold statement. Hopefully he’s right.

Is this something I can hold him to, and give him credit for if he's right?  

Just now, tonydead said:

It sounds like it. 

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Taiwanese were on top of their ####. Feb 7th they mobilized the military to more than double daily mask production. We were still saying NBD, go out to eat, it’s all good.

Yeah, but they have moles throughout the mainland China hierarchy. 

Wait... the US should have those assets too.

1 hour ago, tonydead said:

We won’t hold our breath on you giving him credit - there will be something you take issue with.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

We won’t hold our breath on you giving him credit - there will be something you take issue with.

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Shots in the arms of anyone that wants one.  May 31st.  

Oh wait. There is a catch. 

"That's progress," Biden said in remarks from the White House, warning there could still be delays in getting shots in Americans' arms and suggesting the country would not return to full normalcy for much longer.

You're right dont hold your breath.  

14 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

The entire government  was absorbed  with a useless impeachment  trial.    A pelosi screw up.

6 hours ago, quick-hands said:

The entire government  was absorbed  with a useless impeachment  trial.    A pelosi screw up.

Congress was- I agree there. The executive branch less so. Trump knew he wasn’t testifying and wasn’t being removed. The entire government dropped the ball big time. Even after the impeachment trial, it was a sloooow response.

9 hours ago, quick-hands said:

So absorbed the next week Cruz tried to go to Cancun?

That trial didn't absorb the entire government...didn't even absorb everything in congress.  Why do I say that?  Because we knew the outcome ahead of time.  They weren't absorbed in it...they didn't care.

46 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

That trial didn't absorb the entire government...didn't even absorb everything in congress.  Why do I say that?  Because we knew the outcome ahead of time.  They weren't absorbed in it...they didn't care.

Cruz went to cancun during impeachment one? So this was cancungate part two?

On 3/2/2021 at 9:13 AM, massraider said:

Trump got the vaccine in January, and didn't tell anyone.

Brutal.  

Not sure I understand this train of thought. Trump was all for the vaccine. As a matter of fact, he made some aggressive proclimations that ended up being wrong (vaccine by election day, 20m vaccinated by end of December). His Operation Warp Speed helped get the vaccine created so quickly. By all accounts, Trump was a 100% proponent of the vaccine. He wasnt anti-vaccine like he was anti-mask. So why on Earth would he hide that he got the vaccine?

2 minutes ago, jobarules said:

So why on Earth would he hide that he got the vaccine?

Refusal to show even slight gestures of weakness, however symbolic? Why do certain leaders do what they do when it's obvious what's really going on?

It's a great question that I don't know the answer to. Perhaps ask the man.

• Like 2

Biden's administration cares more about political issues than protecting the people of the United States - Biden should 100% lock down the southern border and prevent covid and other variants from coming across with illegal people - but he's not doing that and nobody is even questioning why :( 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/108-migrants-released-border-patrol-texas-positive-coronavirus

108 migrants released by Border Patrol in Texas test positive for coronavirus, officials say

Texas city says it doesn't have authority to prevent migrants who test positive from traveling elsewhere

32 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Cruz went to cancun during impeachment one? So this was cancungate part two?

Sorry, was talking about the most recent one...and the thought that any of it was absorbing any of them.

1 minute ago, dawgtrails said:

I imagine that he also would have hidden the fact that he had to go to Walter Reed for treatment for his covid if at all possible. As @rockactionsaid, it proobably has to do with his refusal to show any weakness

I'm speculating of course, but why the refusal to wear masks, too? Plenty of questions to ask of him about why he handled the pandemic the way he did. Perhaps his particular notion of a leader comes from an older playbook where you rub a little dirt on it and throw that two hundredth pitch of the game when your elbow is a complete crapshow. Perhaps he didn't really understand the pandemic. Or perhaps he did, but couldn't admit what it meant to the public (the anecdote of drinking bleach or beaming bleach into the body would seem to undercut that). Perhaps he thought by admitting its power, the virus would shut everything down (it did anyway). I don't know the answers to the questions, and it likely cost him the election, his handling of COVID.

1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

Well I disagree.   The entire govt was absorbed.   We did know the outcome.   It was hateful.   Rediculous. 

Just now, quick-hands said:

Well I disagree.   The entire govt was absorbed.   We did know the outcome.   It was hateful.   Rediculous. 

It was more hateful when they stormed a public building at his behest and smashed windows, destroyed property, and chanted for the deaths of public officials. Not when they tried the instigator in the Senate for those actions. What planet are we on here?

4 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Perhaps his particular notion of a leader comes from an older playbook where you rub a little dirt on it and throw that two hundredth pitch of the game when your elbow is a complete crapshow.

Which is rich coming from the guy who had bone spurs that kept him from serving in Vietnam (not that I blame him for trying to get out of that stupid war, but nevertheless...)

4 minutes ago, dawgtrails said:

Which is rich coming from the guy who had bone spurs that kept him from serving in Vietnam (not that I blame him for trying to get out of that stupid war, but nevertheless...)

It's a bad look, but as you start to allude to, it's really hard to fault anybody avoiding that particular war for even shakier reasons. That said, what isn't hard to find fault about are statements that the war was for "suckers" and "losers" and that he preferred veteran heroes of that war that didn't get "captured."

I was gobsmacked by that. Instant credibility nuke right then, right there. That and the disabled reporter. Put him out of the realm of tough truth-teller into the realm of dangerous psycho- or sociopath. 

Edited by rockaction