What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoting..

“If and when the vaccine comes, it’s not likely to go through all the tests … and trials that are needed to be done.”

You said nothing Biden said was untrue.  So I'm asking for clarification. The vaccines did go through all the normal tests and trials they needed to for approval?
Again, we're in this situation because people are listening to political talk while ignoring the doctors and scientists.  I have little doubt that Biden contributed to some vaccine hesitancy with his comments.  Let's ignore Biden's, Trump's, Kamala's, and DeSantis' opinions on the vaccine and start listening to the scientific consensus. 

Again, we're in this situation because people are listening to political talk while ignoring the doctors and scientists.  I have little doubt that Biden contributed to some vaccine hesitancy with his comments.  Let's ignore Biden's, Trump's, Kamala's, and DeSantis' opinions on the vaccine and start listening to the scientific consensus. 
And I agree with you, but this is where our system is broken. 

Metro Nashville Schools voted and approved mask mandate.  Now lets see if House Speaker Eectin follows through with his threats.

I'll reiterate a point from my earlier post: You can't evaluate the statements by Biden or Harris in a vacuum. The reason they were saying they didn't trust Trump was not because they were engaging in wild conspiracy theories or trying to damage him politically. OK fine, I'm sure the latter played into their calculus, but the main reason was that Trump was going around telling everyone who would listen that he wanted a vaccine before the election. He would repeatedly say things like, "“We’re gonna have a vaccine very soon. Maybe even before a special date. You know what date I’m talking about.”

When the FDA announced that the vaccine would not be approved before the election, Trump threw a tantrum and accused the agency of making a political decision to hurt him (as Trump's former ghostwriter has said, whenever Trump accuses someone of something, it's a good bet that he's projecting his own pathologies).

Now, I will concede that there's a fine line between calling out nakedly political behavior and undermining public confidence in the vaccine, and it's possible that Biden statement @Max Power highlighted may have gotten a little too close to that line by assuming the FDA would go in the tank for Trump. Would have been better to say something like, "I hope that the professional scientists at the FDA recognize their duty to perform due diligence," etc. But for the most part, blaming Biden for undermining public confidence is like blaming the little kid in the fable for undermining confidence in the Emperor's state of dress. They were just pointing out the obvious.

I'll reiterate a point from my earlier post: You can't evaluate the statements by Biden or Harris in a vacuum. The reason they were saying they didn't trust Trump was not because they were engaging in wild conspiracy theories or trying to damage him politically. OK fine, I'm sure the latter played into their calculus, but the main reason was that Trump was going around telling everyone who would listen that he wanted a vaccine before the election. He would repeatedly say things like, "“We’re gonna have a vaccine very soon. Maybe even before a special date. You know what date I’m talking about.”

When the FDA announced that the vaccine would not be approved before the election, Trump threw a tantrum and accused the agency of making a political decision to hurt him (as Trump's former ghostwriter has said, whenever Trump accuses someone of something, it's a good bet that he's projecting his own pathologies).

Now, I will concede that there's a fine line between calling out nakedly political behavior and undermining public confidence in the vaccine, and it's possible that Biden statement @Max Power highlighted may have gotten a little too close to that line by assuming the FDA would go in the tank for Trump. Would have been better to say something like, "I hope that the professional scientists at the FDA recognize their duty to perform due diligence," etc. But for the most part, blaming Biden for undermining public confidence is like blaming the little kid in the fable for undermining confidence in the Emperor's state of dress. They were just pointing out the obvious.
The same anti-vaxxers who point out Biden's comments before the vaccine was available also consider Biden a serial liar who cannot be trusted.  

Saw a stat on the tubes that vaccinated folks are 6% of hospitalizations.  Given that 70% of US adults are vaccinated this leads to a very low chance of a serious illness if you've gotten the jab.   
That’s great news - hopefully folks will understand that this number will pretty much only go higher as the vaccination rate goes up.  As someone said - hopefully we get to a point where vaccination is so ubiquitous that the vast majority of hospitalizations are among the vaccinated.  Ideally the vaccine works so well we don’t even have that but it does seems once we get through this that Covid deaths will be like Flu deaths - always with us.

Florida going to keep on being Florida

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida approves private school vouchers if parents say children feel bullied by a district’s mask-wearing rules

Florida going to keep on being Florida

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida approves private school vouchers if parents say children feel bullied by a district’s mask-wearing rules
bullied apparently means anyone anywhere doing anything you don't like.

Saw a stat on the tubes that vaccinated folks are 6% of hospitalizations.  Given that 70% of US adults are vaccinated this leads to a very low chance of a serious illness if you've gotten the jab.   
I'm in Mexico watching the Ft. Lauderdale NBC affiliate. They have their icu at zero vaccinated. 

Desantis reading the crowd wrong.  He wants to appeal to the Turmp base of anti-vaxers.  This approach didn't play on a national scale in November and it wont in 3.5 years either

moleculo said:
bullied apparently means anyone anywhere doing anything you don't like.
Fake news! Why do you keep applying critical race theory to your cancel culture!

(Sorry, I thought we were just spouting off overused buzzwords out of context.)

Governor Wolf says he won't require mask mandate for schools in PA

I have to give wolf credit. He's allowing the schools to decide what's best for each district instead of forcing a blanket mandate that doesn't universally apply. I imagine places like Philly, Pittsburgh and Montgomery county will require masks while others will allow the parents to choose. Wolf doesn't do many things right but I give him props here.
Playing politics instead of just doing what’s right

Hannity all over the immigrant is the cause of the spread angle last night.  Trying to con his viewers into blaming Biden over Abbott and Desantis.

Desantis moves are nuts.  It's not going to play on a national scale when the simple question will be "will Desantis keep you safe or will he choose politics over lives?"

Hannity all over the immigrant is the cause of the spread angle last night.  Trying to con his viewers into blaming Biden over Abbott and Desantis.

Desantis moves are nuts.  It's not going to play on a national scale when the simple question will be "will Desantis keep you safe or will he choose politics over lives?"
Obviously cant blame immigrants for all the spread, but they also have to be contributing quite a bit. 

Unless you think infected people that are less likely to seek medical care living in close quarters and a demographic that represents a disproportionate amount of cases/illnesses means nothing and doesnt affect spread. 

Obviously cant blame immigrants for all the spread, but they also have to be contributing quite a bit. 

Unless you think infected people that are less likely to seek medical care living in close quarters and a demographic that represents a disproportionate amount of cases/illnesses means nothing and doesnt affect spread. 
Democrats and Biden have nobody to blame but themselves for this Covid immigration issue.  Make them take the vaccine or leave the country.

the blame game - its fascinating to watch, it truly is

it was Trump, then it was unmasked, then it was people who socially gathered, then it was unvaccinated (nobody really ever talked about the 100,000 illegally pouring across the borders every month and illegally here people detention centers, so we'll ignore that) ... ya'll wait and see, eventually, it'll be blamed on the people who didn't get the shots fast enough, or didn't get the boosters or something else

blame someone else - I see that more and more and more 

Totally agree with this.  The fact that the anti-vax crowd is using this as a crutch to not implement reasonable policies on a local level defies logic.
Sure, but it’s not THAT surprising.  It’s what our politicians do on both sides.

I still say that the lasting legacy for many of these politicians and in particular Trump will be that they made a pandemic political.  All of them can pound sand, IMO.

The message is working.   I've started seeing posts in these threads about how dangerous the immigrants are.  Didn't really see that angle until the last month or so.  

I recall people saying they wouldn't take the Trump's administration's word that a new vaccine was safe and effective until the FDA approved it.   The concern was that something would get rushed so it was available before the election
100% remember this.   It was absolutely a common fear and talking point in left-wing circles. It was stated on this very board.  And no, I’m not going to search for quotes and links.   Too lazy - and I was there and already know it happened.

100% remember this.   It was absolutely a common fear and talking point in left-wing circles. It was stated on this very board.  And no, I’m not going to search for quotes and links.   Too lazy - and I was there and already know it happened.
Absolutely. Harris put a lot of doubt out there early regardless of the revisionist history being attempted now. 

it was Trump, then it was unmasked, then it was people who socially gathered, then it was unvaccinated (nobody really ever talked about the 100,000 illegally pouring across the borders every month and illegally here people detention centers, so we'll ignore that) ... ya'll wait and see, eventually, it'll be blamed on the people who didn't get the shots fast enough, or didn't get the boosters or something else

I blame Russia

The message is working.   I've started seeing posts in these threads about how dangerous the immigrants are.  Didn't really see that angle until the last month or so.  
Was there reporting of positive cases being let through the border months ago?

Heck a month ago they said if you take the vaccine you won't get covid. 

There certainly was a contingent of "I am leery of a vaccine that comes out just in time to boost Trump's re-election chances". Just as there would be if the roles were reversed. Doesn't make it right though.

However, I think we would see that every politician, Harris included, that uttered those sentiments has at least advocated fully for every American to get the vaccine, while there are still many on the other side that haven't given it anywhere near the level of enthusiasm

We scream "follow the science" for a year, but when the science doesn't paint a pretty picture we call it deflecting from the real issue.

Nope. Its never about the issue at hand. They had me going on the science angle for a little bit though. 
Usually it all got blamed on Trump, unfortunately for them it’s time for Biden to own what a failure and incapable leader he’s been. How has he not convinced everyone to get vaccinated and defeated this already….just as they expected of Trump?

Lets pretend Kamala Harris made those comments.

gone from the vax ending the pandemic to ... you can still die of COVID if you get vaxxed ... to the unvaxxed are killing the vaxxed.
The defense would be something like this..."You see here Kamala isnt saying she is opposed to vaccines. She is simply opposed to the poor messaging surrounding the vaccines. Please show me an exact quote of Kamala saying that she is anti vaccines 100%."

Yet, when it is GOP there is no issue presuming this is an anti vax message and that it helps lead to vaccine hesitancy. 

Yet, when it is GOP there is no issue presuming this is an anti vax message and that it helps lead to vaccine hesitancy. 
Are there prominent democrat politicians currently spreading anti vaccine propaganda?

I agree that Harris and the like should have kept their mouth shut early on, but can we at least give thme credit for coming around and pushing for people to hget vaccinated?

Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread