What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if Biden tells me to weak yellow to stop covid I'm doing it

jump in cold water every morning? eat moldy cheese? dance in a counterclockwise motion ?

whatever Biden says, I'm in !

no - I'm not getting a booster or another shot being forced on me ever again
I have never once taken medical advice from politicians, youtubers, TV talk show host, people on FF sites etc.

Are you all ready to get your boosters to keep your jobs?
Why would you expect people who happily got the vaccine the first time to be unhappy about getting it again?  I feel like vaccine hesitant people really struggle with understanding the perspective of most of us that got the vaccine.

People who have already been vaccinated aren’t going to change their minds without some REALLY persuasive evidence.  We generally aren’t going to agree that vaccines are dangerous, we aren’t going to agree that it’s some sort of huge burden or intrusion to get the vaccine, and we aren’t going to agree that getting additional booster shots occasionally is problematic.

I fully recognize that this is a problem in both directions and that most vaccinated people similarly have a hard time understanding the unvaccinated.  But it does feel like a curious blind spot.

Why would you expect people who happily got the vaccine the first time to be unhappy about getting it again?  I feel like vaccine hesitant people really struggle with understanding the perspective of most of us that got the vaccine.

People who have already been vaccinated aren’t going to change their minds without some REALLY persuasive evidence.  We generally aren’t going to agree that vaccines are dangerous, we aren’t going to agree that it’s some sort of huge burden or intrusion to get the vaccine, and we aren’t going to agree that getting additional booster shots occasionally is problematic.

I fully recognize that this is a problem in both directions and that most vaccinated people similarly have a hard time understanding the unvaccinated.  But it does feel like a curious blind spot.

Exactly, and I am guessing a majority already got or signed up for boosters and aren't to the point of doing it to keep their jobs.  

But like you said, this is one of several things in this country where either side just won't "get" where the other is coming from.  

Where I work had a huge outbreak of covid over the summer and it was mostly in vaccinated people.  A lot of them joke about how the vaccine was overrated.

So now these people have two shots, had a case of covid, and you're telling them to go get a third shot?  Why?  They don't want to get on a never ending treadmill.  

I'll also say a LOT of people got the vaccine thinking that was what they needed to do to get on with their lives.  Now they still have to wear masks and are being told they need more jabs at a time when other covid treatments are coming out.  

Heck, even Bill Mahar said he was against a booster.  

I'll also say a LOT of people got the vaccine thinking that was what they needed to do to get on with their lives.  Now they still have to wear masks and are being told they need more jabs at a time when other covid treatments are coming out.  

I represent 1/2 of this.  I personally don't have a problem with the booster and was expecting that part.   The mask thing I am over, especially when other protocols like social distancing don't seem to be much of a priority, and we have given people plenty of time to get a shot if wanted.  Like you said, many people thought the shot would let them get on with their lives without the other stuff.  

I represent 1/2 of this.  I personally don't have a problem with the booster and was expecting that part.   The mask thing I am over, especially when other protocols like social distancing don't seem to be much of a priority, and we have given people plenty of time to get a shot if wanted.  Like you said, many people thought the shot would let them get on with their lives without the other stuff.  
And I just think we'll see more push back on a booster in general. I know of at least 4 people who have had a variety of adverse "health events" since they became fully vaccinated.  Granted these things can not be tied directly to the vaccine, but now it's in the back of people's minds and will come into play when they weigh if they should get a booster. 

Why do people on the right assume that Maher is some darling of the left? In other words, why would I care what a non-scientist on the left or right thinks about the need for boosters?

Why do people on the right assume that Maher is some darling of the left? In other words, why would I care what a non-scientist on the left or right thinks about the need for boosters?
Well he is. And this is the same as if some right wing personality makes a claim.  It gets referenced. 

The claim was showing a known personality who happily got the vaccine and now doesn't want the booster. 

And I just think we'll see more push back on a booster in general. I know of at least 4 people who have had a variety of adverse "health events" since they became fully vaccinated.  Granted these things can not be tied directly to the vaccine, but now it's in the back of people's minds and will come into play when they weigh if they should get a booster. 
How many people do you know, Max?  Why would 4 people with adverse health events in 6 to 8 months concern you at all?   If only 4 people I know had adverse health events in that kind of timeframe, I'd consider that a banner year.

Why would you consider trying to tie any specific event to the vaccines?  This isn't Deadpool; the vaccines aren't the cure for El Everything.  People will continue to get cancer, crash their cars, have heart problems, sprain their ankles, and contract other health conditions, same as they did before COVID was a thing.

He's actually a pretty decent critical thinker.  I certainly don't dismiss what he says out of hand like a lot of talking heads.

In the early 19th century, British people finally had access to the first vaccine in history, one that promised to protect them from smallpox, among the deadliest diseases of the era. Many Britons were skeptical of the vaccine, however, with fears extending well beyond the fatigue and sore arm that go along with many modern shots. The side effects they dreaded were far more terrifying: blindness, deafness, ulcers, a gruesome skin condition called “cowpox mange” — even sprouting hoofs and horns.

With that, the world’s first anti-vaccination movement was born.

You can probably find some Brits today that are all like, "I will get the Smallpox vaccination, but I want to see about long term affects. I don't know for sure if it produces half-cow babies, I'm just asking questions..."

Last edited by a moderator:
How many people do you know, Max?  Why would 4 people with adverse health events in 6 to 8 months concern you at all?   If only 4 people I know had adverse health events in that kind of timeframe, I'd consider that a banner year.

Why would you consider trying to tie any specific event to the vaccines?  This isn't Deadpool; the vaccines aren't the cure for El Everything.  People will continue to get cancer, crash their cars, have heart problems, sprain their ankles, and contract other health conditions, same as they did before COVID was a thing.
These events occurred within a month of getting the vax. And while I know plenty of people and people who have had other issues.  These are 4 people who have acknowledged it could be the vaccine causing their issues.  While anecdotal, it goes to show there are going to be a % of the population more skeptical of a booster.

You can deny that all you want and say everyone you know thinks the vaccines are 100% safe and 100% effective.  Fine, knock yourself out.  I'm sure all that VAERS reporting is totally bogus. None of those people or their familes will have second thoughts. 

You can deny that all you want and say everyone you know thinks the vaccines are 100% safe and 100% effective.  Fine, knock yourself out.  I'm sure all that VAERS reporting is totally bogus. None of those people or their familes will have second thoughts. 
Saying and believing that the this vaccine is safe and effective does not mean that we believe they are 100% safe or 100% effective

Max Power said:
These events occurred within a month of getting the vax. And while I know plenty of people and people who have had other issues.  These are 4 people who have acknowledged it could be the vaccine causing their issues.  While anecdotal, it goes to show there are going to be a % of the population more skeptical of a booster.

I know lots of people are skeptical of the vaccines.  This forum alone proves it.  I also think almost all of those people are skeptical for poor reasons, mostly political.

To your point of "within a month", I would repeat my previous assertion.  In any given month, I probably know 4+ people that have health issues.  Why tie any specific health issue to the vaccines?

the moops said:
Saying and believing that the this vaccine is safe and effective does not mean that we believe they are 100% safe or 100% effective
What is the acceptable % to quote for the crowd?

I know lots of people are skeptical of the vaccines.  This forum alone proves it.  I also think almost all of those people are skeptical for poor reasons, mostly political.

To your point of "within a month", I would repeat my previous assertion.  In any given month, I probably know 4+ people that have health issues.  Why tie any specific health issue to the vaccines?
You can call it a poor reason, but to them it's still a reason. 

My overall point being that less people are going to take the booster than who took the first round. 

Max Power said:
And I just think we'll see more push back on a booster in general. I know of at least 4 people who have had a variety of adverse "health events" since they became fully vaccinated. 
Max, do you know whether these four people were pressured to get vaccinated by a mandate of other reason?  Or were they the type that got the vaccine as soon as they were eligible?  I’m just curious, I would imagine those two groups have differing views.

Max, do you know whether these four people were pressured to get vaccinated by a mandate of other reason?  Or were they the type that got the vaccine as soon as they were eligible?  I’m just curious, I would imagine those two groups have differing views.
Two of them were required to for deployment purposes. I dont know how much they wanted it.

The other two wanted them.

My overall point being that less people are going to take the booster than who took the first round
That will be true 100% of the time for all multi-step processes.  You can't get a booster without getting a first dose. 

Also, what % of those that got a breakthrough got J&J?

You can call it a poor reason, but to them it's still a reason. 

My overall point being that less people are going to take the booster than who took the first round. 

How's faith in the Kraken working out for you?  You don't exactly have the best belief track record friend.

That will be true 100% of the time for all multi-step processes.  You can't get a booster without getting a first dose. 

Also, what % of those that got a breakthrough got J&J?
I'd assume a high % but I dont know the actual %. 

IMO the J&J is a trash "vaccine". 

Hospitalizations rising among fully vaccinated in U.S., Fauci says LINK 

Thanks a lot fully vaxxed  :angry:  Clogging up our hospitals.
At best, this seems like a very misleading summation of the article. Here is a longer block for anyone else scrolling through:

“What we’re starting to see now is an uptick in hospitalizations among people who’ve been vaccinated but not boosted,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Disease, said Tuesday in an interview. “It’s a significant proportion, but not the majority by any means.”

On Wednesday, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, reported a decline in vaccine effectiveness among the elderly and residents of long-term care facilities, many of whom were the first to be eligible to be vaccinated last winter.

“Although the highest risk are those people who are unvaccinated, we are seeing an increase in emergency department visits among adults 65 and older, which are now again higher than they are for younger age groups,” Walensky said Wednesday at a White House Covid briefing. 

Walensky also pointed to new data on long-term care facilities from the agency's National Healthcare Safety Network comparing rates of Covid disease between people who are vaccinated with two doses and those who have received extra doses.

“The rate of disease is markedly lower for those who received their booster shot, demonstrating our boosters are working,” she said.

Fauci and Walensky stressed that the majority of hospitalizations and deaths are still among unvaccinated people in the U.S.

"Studies show that those who are unvaccinated continue to be more likely to be infected, more likely to be in the hospital and more likely to have severe complications from Covid-19," Walensky said at the briefing.

It absolutely did. The very first sentence.
"As cases of Covid-19 rise throughout the U.S., health officials warn that an increasing number of fully vaccinated people are being hospitalized or going to the emergency room." <>  "Thanks a lot fully vaxxed  Clogging up our hospitals."

If you want to troll against vaccines, you can probably do better than this :shrug:

"As cases of Covid-19 rise throughout the U.S., health officials warn that an increasing number of fully vaccinated people are being hospitalized or going to the emergency room." <>  "Thanks a lot fully vaxxed  Clogging up our hospitals."

If you want to troll against vaccines, you can probably do better than this :shrug:
:shrug: Don't know what to tell you. RIF. Maybe read the bolded out loud? slowly? 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread