What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only because Biden didn't shut down travel from "black and Brown" countries!
Or because its been a full year...and more people had the virus when he took over...and multiple variants and so on.

but yes...look at numbers in a vacuum and think that defines how each guy handled things.  Rather than what they have actually said and done.

Or because its been a full year...and more people had the virus when he took over...and multiple variants and so on.

but yes...look at numbers in a vacuum and think that defines how each guy handled things.  Rather than what they have actually said and done.
I'm happy to debate what each one did. Biden ran on knowing how to fix the problem "better than Trump did" and the numbers don't show it. 

Biden wanted to rush getting back to normal and now his totals reflect that. 

I'm happy to debate what each one did. Biden ran on knowing how to fix the problem "better than Trump did" and the numbers don't show it. 

Biden wanted to rush getting back to normal and now his totals reflect that. 
Well, the numbers showed vaccine distribution increasing.  Which was what his push was.

And Trump also was rushing to "getting back to normal" well before that.  Hell, he was pushing never stopping many things.  His rhetoric and actions were pretty bad from the start.  But I don't think you will ever agree.

Well, the numbers showed vaccine distribution increasing.  Which was what his push was.

And Trump also was rushing to "getting back to normal" well before that.  Hell, he was pushing never stopping many things.  His rhetoric and actions were pretty bad from the start.  But I don't think you will ever agree.
It’s okay to say Biden has failed on his campaign promise and lied to the electorate without mentioning Trump.  I don’t think the lefties on the board will kick you out of their club.  

It’s okay to say Biden has failed on his campaign promise and lied to the electorate without mentioning Trump.  I don’t think the lefties on the board will kick you out of their club.  
Biden hasn’t been great overall.  When it comes to rhetoric on Covid he has been fine.  Its ok to admit that (also, I wasn’t the one who brought Trump up…it was in the conversation already)

I don't know about that. With the recent evidence that 'Sho Nuff' is a culturally appropriated alias how long do you think he'll be in the club?

Yes, Biden's big whiff here was making an assumption the American public would make obvious decisions.  Right now he's being faulted for not making the horse drink the water.  I'll take it given the circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator:

2021 is over?

Trump's administration got the vaccination thing going to start with - had Trump been elected, pretty much the same distribution of vaccines would have happened anyway

Trump's administration got the vaccination thing going to start with - had Trump been elected, pretty much the same distribution of vaccines would have happened anyway
And his initial goals were even further from being met than Bidens...

Same distribution?  Seemed distribution ramped up big time under Biden...did it not?

Same distribution?  Seemed distribution ramped up big time under Biden...did it not?
Well yeah, but that's because we were working our way through various tiers of people who were prioritized for vaccination.  My wife got vaccinated during the Trump administration because she works for a firm that places folks in communal living (she doesn't work in those units, but everybody in her workplace got vaxxed on the same schedule).  I got vaccinated much later under Biden, when things opened up to anybody with a single risk factor (asthma, in my case).  So yeah, of course vaccination ramped up dramatically during the Biden administration. 

Also, it got colder and colder as Trump's term in office ran down but got warmer and warmer after Biden was inaugurated.  Edit: But it has gotten colder in the past month or so -- I blame Biden obviously.

Last edited by a moderator:
And his initial goals were even further from being met than Bidens...

a progression of vaccination process 

I mean give Biden credit for continuing the process, yes ... but Trump initiated all that and give credit to that too

the goals?  if its total lives lost ... I'd say Biden failed already worse than Trump wouldn't you? numbers don't lie

Well yeah, but that's because we were working our way through various tiers of people who were prioritized for vaccination.  My wife got vaccinated during the Trump administration because she works for a firm that places folks in communal living (she doesn't work in those units, but everybody in her workplace got vaxxed on the same schedule).  I got vaccinated much later under Biden, when things opened up to anybody with a single risk factor (asthma, in my case).  So yeah, of course vaccination ramped up dramatically during the Biden administration. 

Also, it got colder and colder as Trump's term in office ran down but got warmer and warmer after Biden was inaugurated.  
He also mobilized FEMA and the National Guard and opened up more sites to get it to more people faster.  Letting them be able to get get to more tiers quicker.  And still pretty cold when Biden took over.  Its not like Feb and March are warm months.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/biden-administration-poised-to-dramatically-ramp-up-coronavirus-vaccinations-01613944650

Give it to me straight

Maher with another really good video clip - could post this in MSM or Govt thread.

obesity and the killer is Little Debbie

seems something I have said dozens of times over the past few years, obesity/unhealthy is the core issue to many many of people's problems

that's also why I've reiterated numerous times mandatory vaccines for healthy stronger people is idiocy IMO 

a progression of vaccination process 

I mean give Biden credit for continuing the process, yes ... but Trump initiated all that and give credit to that too

the goals?  if its total lives lost ... I'd say Biden failed already worse than Trump wouldn't you? numbers don't lie

He didn't just continue Trump's process though.

I already addressed differences in numbers...so yes, numbers can easily lie

He also mobilized FEMA and the National Guard and opened up more sites to get it to more people faster.  Letting them be able to get get to more tiers quicker.  And still pretty cold when Biden took over.  Its not like Feb and March are warm months.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/biden-administration-poised-to-dramatically-ramp-up-coronavirus-vaccinations-01613944650
Sure.  I think Biden handled the vaccine roll-out just fine.  I'm just saying it's ludicrous to compare vaccine distribution under Trump (extremely early in the process) to vaccine distribution under Biden (much later).  It makes as much sense to praise Biden for making the weather warmer instead of colder.

He didn't just continue Trump's process though.

I already addressed differences in numbers...so yes, numbers can easily lie

of course he didn't just continue - he had a lot more to work with than Trump did 

give Biden credit yes, give Trump credit yes

and even though Biden had the vaccines from day one ... more have died under Biden's administration

that number will never lie

Sure.  I think Biden handled the vaccine roll-out just fine.  I'm just saying it's ludicrous to compare vaccine distribution under Trump (extremely early in the process) to vaccine distribution under Biden (much later).  It makes as much sense to praise Biden for making the weather warmer instead of colder.
 Perhaps...just pointing out that looking solely at numbers infected and deaths without taking into considerations what has been done is shortsighted

and even though Biden had the vaccines from day one ... more have died under Biden's administration

It's not technically a lie, but it ignores the highly relevant context of people in the opposition party / opposition media intentionally discouraging vaccination.  I know this is the part where we all copy and past the clips of Biden, Harris, Joy Reid, et. al. talking about how of course they would never inject the Trump vaccine into their bodies, but the fact is that since taking office, Biden has pushed for people to get vaccinated and his opponents (speaking broadly, and definitely including you personally) have worked to prevent people from getting vaccinated.  Every unvaccinated death is on you guys, not Biden.

of course he didn't just continue - he had a lot more to work with than Trump did 

The numbers you quoted do not prove this point. Biden did not become president until Jan 20, but your numbers are from Jan 1. And January was a bad month for deaths. That being said, the stat you are quoting is pretty old so there may be more deaths under Biden now.

Trump gets credit and has gotten credit for Operation Warp speed.  That part was great.  Once we had the vaccine...early distribution was a mess by many accounts.  

Biden came in almost seemlessly and streamlined things and ramped it up big time.

but the fact is that since taking office, Biden has pushed for people to get vaccinated and his opponents (speaking broadly, and definitely including you personally) have worked to prevent people from getting vaccinated.  Every unvaccinated death is on you guys, not Biden.

people have pushed for it to be VOLUNTARY .... not mandatory 

links to "work hard to prevent people from getting vaccinated" ???  any ?   any at all ?

every unvaccinated death is on the virus - and the health choices (if applicable) to those who died etc

I blame Biden as much as liberals blamed Trump - I think that's fair

people have pushed for it to be VOLUNTARY .... not mandatory 

links to "work hard to prevent people from getting vaccinated" ???  any ?   any at all ?
You've spent the past year or so cutting and pasting every spurious argument against vaccination you can find.  Anybody who feels inclined to do so could go through your posting history and come up with dozens of examples.  I'm not going to bother because anybody reading this thread already knows exactly what I'm talking about -- either that, or that have you on Ignore. 

Honestly, if you don't want to get vaccinated, that's fine with me.  If you want to persuade other people not to get vaccinated, hey it's a free country and you have the right to express your views, even if I completely disagree with them.

If you want to persuade other people not to get vaccinated and then turn around and blame Biden for a bunch of unvaccinated people dying, I don't see why you would expect any of us to take you seriously.  I mean, come on.  This is zero-dimensional chess even by social media standards.

I'll just throw out there for clarity that the "goal" in all this for a President, in this country with the way it works, is to get the vaccine out there so people have the opportunity to get it in an attempt to save lives.  The goal is never (and can never be in our system) "to save lives" because our government doesn't have that kind of power. It's slowly creeping up in an effort to try and equate the two men in charge during their specific times in charge.  Attempting to do that isn't anything more than partisan hackery IMO....especially from the "government can't make me" crowd.  

Trump set a goal of 20M jabs by December 20th, for those holding Biden so accountable for missing by a couple of %'s, how'd ya boy Trump do...

😄

Remember how Trump had states fighting over PPE?  How about how Trump got the jab in private?

But SURE, the jab rollout under Trump would have been JUST AS GOOD...lol

Trump set a goal of 20M jabs by December 20th, for those holding Biden so accountable for missing by a couple of %'s, how'd ya boy Trump do...

😄

Remember how Trump had states fighting over PPE?  How about how Trump got the jab in private?

But SURE, the jab rollout under Trump would have been JUST AS GOOD...lol

Speculation is great in the bubble!!

there have always been new variants .... and there always will be

did anyone really think otherwise ?
I was told if I get the vaccine, I won't get covid.

But then this new fella comes along and makes the vaccines not effective.  So Ole Joe gets on the twitter and tells me to get vaccinated because it's the best protection against Omicron. 

Speculation is great in the bubble!!
Speculation based on past performance friend.

He botched the vaxxing rollout.  He botched the distribution and aquisition of PPE.  He got the jab in secret. 

Any reasonable person could infer how the vaxxing distribution would have gone with Trump still in charge.

But I'm sure his fans here would be calling it the "greatest ever" just like his sub 3% annual and 4% quarter GDP was the greatest economy ever.

But then this new fella comes along and makes the vaccines not effective.  So Ole Joe gets on the twitter and tells me to get vaccinated because it's the best protection against Omicron. 
As I recall you also thought The Kraken would drop some serious election fraud knowledge at some point.

Speculation based on past performance friend.

He botched the vaxxing rollout.  He botched the distribution and aquisition of PPE.  He got the jab in secret. 

Any reasonable person could infer how the vaxxing distribution would have gone with Trump still in charge.

But I'm sure his fans here would be calling it the "greatest ever" just like his sub 3% annual and 4% quarter GDP was the greatest economy ever.

Speculation based on "SIDEZ!!".

Who gets to judge who is reasonable and who isn't?  You?

Speculation based on "SIDEZ!!".

Who gets to judge who is reasonable and who isn't?  You?
Are you disputing he set a target of 20M and achieved 1M?  Are you disputing that states had to fight for PPE?  Are you disputing he got the vaxx in secret?

Geez.  We know Biden's vaxx rollout has been excellent.  Anyone who's wanted one could get one for many many months.  Now there's tons of other stuff to criticize Biden about, but the vaxx rollout ain't it.

Are you disputing he set a target of 20M and achieved 1M?  Are you disputing that states had to fight for PPE?  Are you disputing he got the vaxx in secret?

Geez.  We know Biden's vaxx rollout has been excellent.  Anyone who's wanted one could get one for many many months.  Now there's tons of other stuff to criticize Biden about, but the vaxx rollout ain't it.

Trump set that all up, not Biden, BTW.

Trump set that all up, not Biden, BTW.
lmfao.  Trump did nothing after the election but run around trying to bully state lawmakers to change the will of the people.  He did set up the parameters for which a vaxx could be developed.  But that's about that.

Remember no one hearing from Trump for weeks after the election as he pouted and tried to intimidate state election officials?

His messaging was and still is garbage.  He ran on brining us together while making the vaccine as divisive as possible.  Trump handed him a layup and he blew it.  

His messaging was and still is garbage.  He ran on brining us together while making the vaccine as divisive as possible.  Trump handed him a layup and he blew it.  
Divisive?  He has encouraged everyone to get the jab from day 1.

How has he been divisive?  And if you say it's the mandates, he only ordered those when so many Trump fans decided they wouldn't get the jab.  Now I'm against the mandates but let's not act like those were in place the whole time, he gave folks and chance and was consitent in his message.

Trump got the vaxx in secret.  Explain that please.

Divisive?  He has encouraged everyone to get the jab from day 1.

How has he been divisive?  And if you say it's the mandates, he only ordered those when so many Trump fans decided they wouldn't get the jab.  Now I'm against the mandates but let's not act like those were in place the whole time, he gave folks and chance and was consitent in his message.

Trump got the vaxx in secret.  Explain that please.
Mandates came when his plan (mandate) for 70% vaccinated by July so we can spend the 4th of July with family and friends failed.  When his (mandate) for wearing a mask would be removed if you get the jab.  You don't to tell people when they can spend time with friends.  You don't get to tell people when and where you can wear a mask.  AND THEN be completely wrong about both of those.  Then when you are wrong let's mandate it.

Like I said, horrible messaging.  Flat out wrong messaging.   

Mandates came when his plan (mandate) for 70% vaccinated by July so we can spend the 4th of July with family and friends failed.  When his (mandate) for wearing a mask would be removed if you get the jab.  You don't to tell people when they can spend time with friends.  You don't get to tell people when and where you can wear a mask.  AND THEN be completely wrong about both of those.  Then when you are wrong let's mandate it.

Like I said, horrible messaging.  Flat out wrong messaging.   
Wrong to you. Right to many many people.  He has been consistent that everyone who qualifies should get the vaxxine.  And for some reason you're ignoring the whole Delta variant that blunted the vaxines some.  

But I will agree that once he ran into the group who wouldn't get vaccinated he stumbled.  He should have just said the heck with em and let folks do what they want.  I guess he just felt a responsibility to try to keep the vaxx deniers out of the hospital and from dying?  Oh and from clogging up hospitals so those of us with normal issues would actually have room to be seen. 

You've spent the past year or so cutting and pasting every spurious argument against vaccination you can find.  Anybody who feels inclined to do so could go through your posting history and come up with dozens of examples.  I'm not going to bother because anybody reading this thread already knows exactly what I'm talking about -- either that, or that have you on Ignore. 

Honestly, if you don't want to get vaccinated, that's fine with me.  If you want to persuade other people not to get vaccinated, hey it's a free country and you have the right to express your views, even if I completely disagree with them.

If you want to persuade other people not to get vaccinated and then turn around and blame Biden for a bunch of unvaccinated people dying, I don't see why you would expect any of us to take you seriously.  I mean, come on.  This is zero-dimensional chess even by social media standards.

find a quote where I said "please don't get the vaccine, they're dangerous !! "

I'll wait

providing information on the shots, questions on them, the way people have lost their jobs over them, all that ...... i don't think that's wrong at all

but I don't think you can pin me for "have worked to prevent people from getting vaccinated.  Every unvaccinated death is on you guys, not Biden."

c'mon man

you were lied to - many many vaccinated people get covid, some get it bad, some die too

Wrong to you. Right to many many people.  He has been consistent that everyone who qualifies should get the vaxxine.  And for some reason you're ignoring the whole Delta variant that blunted the vaxines some.  

But I will agree that once he ran into the group who wouldn't get vaccinated he stumbled.  He should have just said the heck with em and let folks do what they want.  I guess he just felt a responsibility to try to keep the vaxx deniers out of the hospital and from dying?  Oh and from clogging up hospitals so those of us with normal issues would actually have room to be seen. 
And his messaging continues to be...get the vaccine...get the booster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread