What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The context of these clips doesn't change what they're saying it all. They were literally criticizing trump for the vax and now are criticizing anyone who is against it, a completely flip. all because their guy is president now.
hey were literally criticizing him for pushing it faster than the doctors would say it would come...and making promises to try to gain votes.  That is what they were critical of...and rightfully so.

I think "The science" has devolved into being political.  It was "the science" when it made logical sense.  Now we seem to be stretching the truth or manipulating facts based on science. 

We don't have a lot of information on Omicron.  We don't have many studies on the effects of boosters.  We have zero studies showing any risk vs reward of taking a booster to combat Omicron.  Yet Biden is out there telling everyone getting boosted is the best defense... What?!?  Just show me a single study on this.... It's too new and there isn't one.

Multiple countries around the world have suspended Moderna for men and young men because of the health risks associated with the science.  Yet in America the CDC says everyone 18 and older SHOULD get boosted.  What benefit does an 18-19 year old get from three shots of this stuff while other aren't allowing a single one? 

I think that's a fair take.

But, I also think that goes back to the video published above - when you rush things out, its important to make sure you have not cut any corners, which is what many of the people in the video were talking about.

On the broader vaccine issue - I see a greater divide, not on the boosters, but on the initial vaccination itself. It seems to be a badge of honor among those who want to defy the government - rather than a legitimate concern over the efficiacy and/or safety of the vaccine.

And, if someone says: "Hey, I don't trust the Moderna vaccine - based on this data" - I get that, and that's why there are several alternatives available.

And, I also accept that any vaccine is not going to be 100% risk free - that is true with almost everything in life.  But, we can't simply act only when something is 100% risk-free - otherwise we would never act.

On the broader vaccine issue - I see a greater divide, not on the boosters, but on the initial vaccination itself. It seems to be a badge of honor among those who want to defy the government - rather than a legitimate concern over the efficiacy and/or safety of the vaccine.
I'm sure this plays into it, but it isn't everyone that wants to defy the government.  Some just want our government to recognize some form of natural immunity.  It is comparable (some studies better, some not) to the vaccine.  For it to be completely ignored again goes against any form of science. 

I'll also add that I'm seeing more and more vaccinated people say they have no interest in taking the booster.  Many who had breakthrough infections already and just aren't sure what the point is anymore.  

I am asking the same question when you have a line a politicians on video making the vaccine a partisan issue and Rich cherry picks one clip. Spin it any way you want but we all heard it in real time. Are the Cuomo clips selectively edited as well as he was being propped up by the entirety of the MSM as “Americas Governor”? I voted for neither Trump or Biden and I got the shots 🤷
A) I’m glad you got the shots.  Truly!

B) this has nothing to do with who people voted for

C) we aren’t talking about Cuomo clips

D) in the Kamala full length clip it is very very clear that she doesn’t trust Trump (which is basic political silliness) AND that she is pro-science and pro-vaccine.  She will trust medical experts.  It’s silly to keep clinging to political right-wing spin on this issue.

I get what you are saying, and ultimately agree that she was basically saying that she is listening to doctors, not politicians.   After staring at the full quote, I had a couple questions :

1.  Even full quote, as she said it, could you see how somebody could hear or read that and take is as her saying she will listen to doctors, but still won't take it if Don say to?

2.  Should she have even mentioned Trump?   IMO all politicians should have said something more like her first part, and stay away from the "I'm not listening to the other side" part of it.     All those little comments add up and don't help the political climate find ourselves in.  
1.  Yes.  I can see how people who are emotion-driven or have poor comprehension/listening skills could take it that way.

2.  Totally agree.  She was being political about a pandemic.  Which is dumb and dangerous.

Remember Max, we don't all read the same sites you do. Can you provide a quote or a link on this?

Botswana doctor confirms the first 4 cases of Omicron were in fully vaccinated people

https://twitter.com/BWGovernment/status/1463874240130785280?s=20

Seoul: South Korea reported its first five cases of the Omicron variant on Wednesday, officials said, as daily coronavirus infections rose above 5,000 for the first time, stoking concern over a sharp rise in patients with severe symptoms.

A fully vaccinated couple tested positive for the variant after arriving last week from Nigeria, followed by two of their family members and a friend, according to the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency (KDCA).

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/coronavirus-south-korea-reports-5-omicron-cases-on-flight-from-south-africa-2632526

Four people in southern Germany have tested positive for the Omicron COVID-19 variant even though they were fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, the public health office in the state of Baden-Wuerttemberg said.

https://news.yahoo.com/german-state-reports-four-fully-070038316.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I get what you are saying, and ultimately agree that she was basically saying that she is listening to doctors, not politicians.   After staring at the full quote, I had a couple questions :

1.  Even full quote, as she said it, could you see how somebody could hear or read that and take is as her saying she will listen to doctors, but still won't take it if Don say to?

2.  Should she have even mentioned Trump?   IMO all politicians should have said something more like her first part, and stay away from the "I'm not listening to the other side" part of it.     All those little comments add up and don't help the political climate find ourselves in.  
Excellent points. 

There was no scenario that would ever be available where all those others would be saying not to take it, but it would be available to take because Don said so. That's not how vaccine approvals work. 

She either didn't know that, which is just not believable, or she was trying to make a comparison to things like hydroxychlorokillourhusband. Or cause some other political conflict regarding the vaccine. 

And again as you pointed out, she put the trump comment out there last. Hard to take that out of context. The fauci et al mention wasn't a yeah but thrown in after that. 

Ngo and RNC Research again?  More edited clips...yeah, pretty much fully out of context leaving out a lot of words...
You guys act like the words that are cut out of these videos are "wait, I totally misspoke, what I meant to say was ..."

Walensky has said really dumb things. She continues to say dumb things. 

Eta: spelling of walensky 

hey were literally criticizing him for pushing it faster than the doctors would say it would come...and making promises to try to gain votes.  That is what they were critical of...and rightfully so.
Fairly convenient how the results came out so soon after the election...

You guys act like the words that are cut out of these videos are "wait, I totally misspoke, what I meant to say was ..."

Wollensky has said really dumb things. She continues to say dumb things. 
In those words they spoke they were either 1) relying on the best data they had at the time, and/or 2) trying to install confidence in the vaccine

I lean more towards 1 with a sprinkling of 2. It sucks that vaccine didn't completely prevent the spread but getting the vaccine is still the single best way to end this pandemic. 

Thanks for sharing the links you provided separately.  

What do you mean by these words though?  Omicron likes fully vaccinated people……more than unvaccinated people?  Less?  The same?

I don’t get your point.
Just an observation from the articles.  We know it was first identified in a vaccinated person and it has been confirmed in 8-10 countries so far.  Mostly in travelers (who tend to be fully vaccinated).  There could be more cases in the unvaccinated or breakthrough natural immunity cases, but those aren't getting the headlines yet. 

The Moderna CEO has said this variant might evade the vaccine and the UK has told it's people as much. 

Reading between the lines here, I'm going to guess they will confirm Omicron evades the vaccines, but they will push boosters as a way to ensure the vaccinated stay safe when so far we've only seen mild cases.   

Just an observation from the articles.  We know it was first identified in a vaccinated person and it has been confirmed in 8-10 countries so far.  Mostly in travelers (who tend to be fully vaccinated).  There could be more cases in the unvaccinated or breakthrough natural immunity cases, but those aren't getting the headlines yet. 

The Moderna CEO has said this variant might evade the vaccine and the UK has told it's people as much. 

Reading between the lines here, I'm going to guess they will confirm Omicron evades the vaccines, but they will push boosters as a way to ensure the vaccinated stay safe when so far we've only seen mild cases.   
Thanks for the reply Max.  I appreciate the explanation, it makes sense.

Wollensky has said really dumb things. She continues to say dumb things. 
No…words that are cut out is that would take advice of science and doctors.  That was already shown in the full quotes multiple times.

In those words they spoke they were either 1) relying on the best data they had at the time, and/or 2) trying to install confidence in the vaccine

I lean more towards 1 with a sprinkling of 2. It sucks that vaccine didn't completely prevent the spread but getting the vaccine is still the single best way to end this pandemic. 
1 is a hard nope.

2 is not how this should be handled. Public health thinks that misinformation in support of the cause is ok. That is pathetic. 

Interesting statistics on following the science in France.

so closing remarks aren't missed..

As another round of Covid panic gears up prematurely with the new “Omicron variant”, governments worldwide owe it to their citizens to be fully transparent with all data, even that which is inconvenient for their own narrative. And since the government’s version of “the science” isn’t transparently scientific, it’s time to take the boot of sanitary fascism off people’s necks and let them make their own life choices with all the tools that have been marketed to the hilt and are now at their full disposal.

PARIS — Exactly how “scientific” is the COVID-19 information that we’ve been spoon-fed as justification for restrictions of basic freedoms and seemingly never-ending mandates for jabs? Can we take the official narrative at face-value and really trust that they’re “following the science”, whenever authorities tighten the screws yet again?

The issue of how much we may not be seeing of the big picture was brought to light recently here in France — and far too briefly — when the government agency responsible for information on hospitalizations published a report earlier this month on hospital activity related to COVID-19 in 2020.

What was found in the report by France’s “Technical Agency for Information on Hospitalization”, titled “Analysis of 2020 Hospital Activity”, dropped jaws and raised red flags for those who managed to hear about it in the brief time that it was discussed. And the government’s far too dismissive treatment of the surprising data published by one of its own agencies raised even more questions about the selectivity of data presented for consumption by the general public.

“During 2020, 218,000 patients were hospitalized for treatment of Covid-19. Covid patients represent 2% of all hospitalized patients during the year 2020, all hospital fields combined,” the report stated. It also added: "In 2020, Covid patients represent 5% of all patients treated in critical care units."

Those single-digit figures aren’t at all what most people in France imagine when bombarded with rhetoric evoking overwhelmed hospitals. So, what accounts for the discrepancy between this scientific data and the promoted mass perception now etched in the minds of the general public about the impact of this virus on health institutions?

Various experts and authorities were quick to step into the fray to defend the official narrative.

“This figure does not give the number of days of hospitalization,” said French government spokesman, Gabriel Attal.

“Is it true that ‘Covid patients’ only represented 2% of total hospitalizations in France in 2020?” asked the mainstream left-leaning newspaper, Libération, before answering. “Covid patients represented 2% of total admissions, but 4% of total hospital days in 2020. In critical care, Covid patients represented 5% of admissions, but 8% of hospital days.”

In yet another “fact check”, publicly funded state media, France Info, pointed out that the “weight” of Covid patients in intensive care represented nonetheless 19% of hospitalization days last year.

Sorry, but even the highest possibly calculable figure of 19 percent — that of intensive care days occupied by Covid patients — doesn’t jibe with the notion of overwhelmed and overflowing hospitals of which we have been incessantly reminded.

It would take a skilled mental gymnast to reconcile this scientific data that’s supposed to represent the ground truth reality in France with the official narrative that has driven everything from strict lockdowns to curfews and now jab mandates resulting in firings and a drastic loss of basic freedoms.

As an increasing number of jabbed people are learning that they can not only still catch Covid, but also infect others with it, the argument is now shifting back to the need to protect hospitals. And this French data only weakens that plea.

However much the gatekeepers of the official government narrative might be trying to control the message, this new information is a striking blow to the credibility of literally everything they have presented – past, present, and future. It should incite every thinking person to ask what other information is being selectively omitted because it doesn’t fit with the current narrative of jabs for all.

The last thing that governments seem to want people to do is to make decisions for themselves based on their own research and personal situation. If they had any respect for the basic rights and freedoms of their citizens, they’d publish and promote all data related to all possible individual circumstances, including acquired immunity, jab side effects, and allow people to make their own risk/benefit assessments. Who truly believes that they’re doing that now and not continually engaging in the kind of gate-keeping and message spinning that we’ve seen here in France over this hospital data?

Rather than transparency, our governments have been hell-bent on imposing a one-size-fits-all straitjacket on everyone and forcing them into compliance with a medical act that threatens their livelihood and may be more risky than beneficial.

As another round of Covid panic gears up prematurely with the new “Omicron variant”, governments worldwide owe it to their citizens to be fully transparent with all data, even that which is inconvenient for their own narrative. And since the government’s version of “the science” isn’t transparently scientific, it’s time to take the boot of sanitary fascism off people’s necks and let them make their own life choices with all the tools that have been marketed to the hilt and are now at their full disposal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/rachel-marsden-a-french-government-agency-s-stunning-covid-stats-destroy-the-official-propaganda/ar-AARiLAz?ocid=msedgntp

Fauci on.  

Cali case was in a Fully Vaccinated person.  In San Fran. 

Symptoms were mild and already improving. 

How would getting a booster have any negative effect?
Any risk that comes from the vaccine.  We have no science that shows the risk vs reward of a booster vs Omicron.  It could literally be all risk and no reward.  Why would he push boosters for everyone without having any data? 

Any risk that comes from the vaccine.  We have no science that shows the risk vs reward of a booster vs Omicron.  It could literally be all risk and no reward.  Why would he push boosters for everyone without having any data? 
Because there is still the non omicron going around. We know the booster helps with that because of the data

Because there is still the non omicron going around. We know the booster helps with that because of the data
We don't have a lot of data on younger adults and getting the booster and what the risk vs reward is.

No one is stopping anyone from getting boosted, so go right ahead.  Fauci making that claim everyone should "right now" isn't grounded in science though. 

Because Delta is still doing it's thing in a bigly way :shrug:  

Good thing we slapped that travel ban on the country that discovered this variant and brought it to the world's attention.
Fauci says travel bans don't stop the spread, but give us more time to figure it out.  Yet this case was in America before the ban. Science!

Fauci says travel bans don't stop the spread, but give us more time to figure it out.  Yet this case was in America before the ban. Science!
Yeah, this was stupid from the get-go.  We knew that this variant had already spread outside of Africa, so region-specific travel bans were never going to accomplish anything other than discouraging transparency in the future.  We're governed by people who aren't terribly competent.

To borrow a Peter Suderman line, "We're governed by people who aren't terribly competent" is the kind of thing you can say with no context whatsoever, and people would still assume that they knew what you were talking about and that you're probably right.

Max Power said:
Interesting statistics on following the science in France.

so closing remarks aren't missed..

WOW

This is similar to what ALL my nurse friends said the last two years. The hospitals are not filling up. So who do we believe?

How would getting a booster have any negative effect?
ridiculous. every medicine and vaccine weve ever taken could have a negative effect. The question you should be asking is if the booster provides no protection against OMICRON why get it? If its too early to tell then Fauci should say that. He definitely shouldn't say GET BOOSTED NOW in relation to OMICRON.

Tell me your head is in the sand without telling me your head is in the sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread