What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Justin Jefferson, MIN (1 Viewer)

1000 yards in 12 games without starting the first 2. In a run first offense and Kirk Cousins is his QB? I'd say the future is bright.

1000 yards in 12 games without starting the first 2. In a run first offense and Kirk Cousins is his QB? I'd say the future is bright.
Not crazy about the diss on Cousins here. Cousins in his career has made his WRs very viable. He’s not consistent and comes up short in a lot of games but he can make all the throws. 

Not crazy about the diss on Cousins here. Cousins in his career has made his WRs very viable. He’s not consistent and comes up short in a lot of games but he can make all the throws. 
Yeah, it's not like Mike Glennon is Jefferson's QB. That honor falls to Shenault and Chark. Cousins is at least an average QB in the NFL.

Justin Jefferson caught 8-of-11 passes for 104 yards in the Vikings' Week 15 loss to the Bears.

Jefferson has leaped Adam Thielen as the go-to receiver. He was peppered with a team-high 31% target share and did a lot of damage with it. His body control at the catch point and creativeness after the catch have him climbing up the receiving yardage leaderboard. If not for Justin Herbert, Jefferson would be this year's Offensive Rookie of the Year. He's been that good. Expect Jefferson to keep up his upside WR2 play next week against the Saints.

Dec 20, 2020, 4:06 PM ET

Justin Jefferson going to the pro bowl as the only rookie player to be doing so, which makes it pretty likely he will be the rookie of the year I think, not that the pro bowl is a big deal.

I agree Cousins is a solid FF QB when it comes to supporting WR value. I will guess he's as close to a unanimous vote for OROY as it can get. 

I'd like to take a moment to thank the my league mates for gifting me this kid at 1.12 in one of the 2 leagues I was able to draft him. 

1.02 Burrow, Joe 182.6 points
1.07 Queen, Patrick 153.3 points
1.08 Simmons, Isaiah 77.4 points
1.11 Murray, Kenneth 122.5 points
1.12 Jefferson, Justin 198.9 points

1QB league... BurrowLOL.

Justin Jefferson caught 6-of-10 targets for 85 yards in the Vikings' Week 16 loss to the Saints.

The Saints opted to use No. 1 corner Marshon Lattimore on Jefferson, a sign the NFL has crowned the rookie as Minnesota's top receiver. Jefferson lived up to the challenge with multiple first downs, although he was held out of the touchdown column. The rookie nearly came down with a one-handed grab in the corner of the end zone. Jefferson belongs on the WR1/2 border against the Lions in Week 17. Detroit is missing their top two corners. 

Dec 25, 2020, 8:49 PM ET

Just to put a value out there for Jefferson.  I offered:

Tyreek Hill, Hunt, C. Samuel

for 

Jefferson, Calloway, Tonyan, 2021 early first

was declined and told to take out the 2021 1st and we could talk

so I offered:

Tyreek Hill, C. Samuel, S. Shepard

for

Jefferson, Callaway, Tonyan

I was declined with no comment.

I am not saying I offered enough or too much.  Really just wanted to put some perspective out there if others were trying to trade for him and wanted an idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

for 

so I offered:

for

I am not saying I offered enough or too much.  Really just wanted to put some perspective out there if others were trying to trade for him and wanted an idea.
Suspect you're not looking for this type of feed back, but you shot yourself in the foot by asking for the draft pick.  Don't see the need to be greedy and, assuming the object of your eye was Jefferson, you killed the deal from the get go.

I'll take the opposite tack from what the poster above said and say I think he wanted too much. The 2021 first could go, but then one of the players had to also, IMHO.

Just so you don't only get that one piece of feedback. I don't think it was greedy. Hill, Samuel, and Hunt would help form the foundation of my middling team right now. It'd be a boon.

for 

so I offered:

for

Although I think asking for a 1st on top of that deal is too much, Hill is a top 5 WR with the best QB in the league right now.

I think the 2nd offer is better than the first one. 

I don't think there was anything wrong with your offers. The guy just likely doesn't want to trade Jefferson is all.

Suspect you're not looking for this type of feed back, but you shot yourself in the foot by asking for the draft pick.  Don't see the need to be greedy and, assuming the object of your eye was Jefferson, you killed the deal from the get go.
I am fine with all feedback.  The other team said we could talk if I removed the 2021 1st.  The prize is Jefferson, but T. Hill has been a stud so I am fine keeping him.  I believe I showed my willingness to deal when I removed the 2021 1st and sent the counter, however, I posted the trade here so others could respond with their values or help with their trade talks.

I'll take the opposite tack from what the poster above said and say I think he wanted too much. The 2021 first could go, but then one of the players had to also, IMHO.

Just so you don't only get that one piece of feedback. I don't think it was greedy. Hill, Samuel, and Hunt would help form the foundation of my middling team right now. It'd be a boon.
I think we are in exact alignment with our thinking.  That is why I removed Hunt.  I thought Hunt for a 2021 1st seems about right to take out.  He didn't counter or add a comment so I assume he meant to send exact trade without 2021 1st and then he would consider/counter.

Although I think asking for a 1st on top of that deal is too much, Hill is a top 5 WR with the best QB in the league right now.

I think the 2nd offer is better than the first one. 

I don't think there was anything wrong with your offers. The guy just likely doesn't want to trade Jefferson is all.
Yeah, looking at it I think it greatly depends on how you value Hunt.  I have some big attachment to him so I value him as high or higher than most.  Unfortunately, he signed extension with the Browns so it kills his prime years as a possible starter, but I still love him on my team.  

Hunt/Samuel >>>>>>> Tonyan/Calloway

Hill = Jefferson/1st

I would have smashed accept on the offer without a pick. 

Justin Jefferson caught 9-of-12 targets for 133 yards in the Vikings' Week 17 win over the Lions.

If not for Justin Herbert, Jefferson would have been the 2020 Offensive Rookie of the Year. His 1,400 receiving yards were the most all-time among rookie receivers, surpassing Anquon Boldin and Minnesota’s own Randy Moss. Incorrectly tagged as a slot receiver only, Jefferson showed elite route running and body control playing on the outside in Minnesota’s two-receiver set base offense. The LSU alum will finish inside the top five in the predictive yards per route run metric and deserves to be ranked aggressively in dynasty and 2021 redraft formats. With Kirk Cousins, Adam Thielen, and Dalvin Cook all under contract for next season, the Vikings will essentially be running things back. Expect Jefferson to separate from Thielen as Minnesota’s go-to receiver next year. It’s possible that Jefferson finds the end zone more often in 2021 after Thielen’s unsustainable red zone touchdown run in 2020. 
If this guy's ADP is north of 50 in 2021 it's a crime.

rockaction said:

Jefferson is coming off a sensational, record setting rookie season and is five years younger than Hill.  Hunt will be a 26 year old back in a time share. Samuel's value may change in the off season but he, like Hunt, is replaceable.

Clearly, Hill and Jefferson are the principals.  If you want a guy coming off THAT type of season at his young age, come to the table with an offer that is hard to refuse. 

Jefferson is coming off a sensational, record setting rookie season and is five years younger than Hill.  Hunt will be a 26 year old back in a time share. Samuel's value may change in the off season but he, like Hunt, is replaceable.

Clearly, Hill and Jefferson are the principals.  If you want a guy coming off THAT type of season at his young age, come to the table with an offer that is hard to refuse. 
Hunt was RB8 in my league. In said time share. He's a RB1, twenty-six or not. Samuel just approached a thousand yards from scrimmage this year. He was WR28, and a solid WR3 at 24, and improving. Your assertions don't really hold water when you look at those simple stats.

eta* They're not "simple stats," per se. They just illuminate that there was a lot of value being offered. I think he came after Jefferson with a quality offer. We might differ on windows of production, the year/age preference and other things. That's what it sounds like. Because Tyreek Hill outscored Jefferson by 80 points in full PPR. That's...a lot. 

smbkrypt24 said:

for 

so I offered:

for

I've got Jefferson in my main dynasty, and I'd seriously consider that offer.  You put plenty of value on the table; declining without comment marks the other owner as an ###.

Hunt was RB8 in my league. In said time share. He's a RB1, twenty-six or not. Samuel just approached a thousand yards from scrimmage this year. He was WR28, and a solid WR3 at 24, and improving. Your assertions don't really hold water when you look at those simple stats. 
Down the stretch, Hunt rushed for all of 20-30 yards game.  Kind of mediocre for 6 of the last 7 weeks, really.   And Chubb missed 4 games this season?  Do things change next season? What about with a healthy OBJ?  Hard for me to project Hunt as an RB1 given that it is a time share and Chubb is the work horse.

Samuel is a solid WR3.  But he is interchangeable with my current WR3.  It is why I use the term "replaceable".  It's not meant as a insult.

I want the best player in a deal.  While that may be Hill, I suspect others (like myself) prefer Jefferson, based on his age.  I think the poster trying to acquire Jefferson thinks that way too...  So, add a Hunt or a solid player, such as Samuel, to get the player you want.  Just don't ask for a first round pick too...

You may not agree with me, which is fine.  I'm just trying to present the mindset of a prospective trade partner.

You may not agree with me, which is fine.  I'm just trying to present the mindset of a prospective trade partner.
Yeah, I gotcha. It's not really about me agreeing with you or not. It's just an exercise to gauge the temp of what would be needed to land this guy from the perspective of somebody holding him. I wouldn't give up a first-round pick plus Jefferson if I had that end of the deal, either. At least I don't think, but it depends what my team looks like. If you're rebuilding like my middling team would be, you're certainly not giving up the pick. If you're win-now, then Hill becomes that much more coveted. So it really depends. 

Yeah, I gotcha. It's not really about me agreeing with you or not. It's just an exercise to gauge the temp of what would be needed to land this guy from the perspective of somebody holding him. I wouldn't give up a first-round pick plus Jefferson if I had that end of the deal, either. At least I don't think, but it depends what my team looks like. If you're rebuilding like my middling team would be, you're certainly not giving up the pick. If you're win-now, then Hill becomes that much more coveted. So it really depends
I agree with this completely.  In fact, while I was typing my last post, I had thought it would be interesting to see the respective rosters.

Are some people still ranking DK over this guy in dynasty? Seems pretty insane to me. 
I still lean DK but it’s close. Russ has been absolutely horrendous over the past 2 months. He’ll get that figured out eventually. Tough division for number 1 WRs.

DropKick said:
I agree with this completely.  In fact, while I was typing my last post, I had thought it would be interesting to see the respective rosters.
I'll post main team and any backups of importance.

My team:

QB: Big Ben

RB: Swift, Mixon, Hunt, Gaskin

WR: T. Hill, Juju, OBJ, Mar. Brown, C. Samuel, S. Shepard

TE: Ebron

Picks: 1.09 (mine), 1.0x (early)

His Team:

QB: L. Jackson, Goff

RB: Henry, Conner, David Johnson, D. Harris

WR: J. Jefferson, A. Theilen, D. Parker, J. Jeudy, AB

TE: R. Tonyan, J. Cook

Picks: His 1, 2, 3 (all early)

I bolded what I would predict starters would be going into next season if everyone is healthy.  My team got eliminated in semis of playoffs this year which would put me at 4th place and his team missed playoffs.  We scored within 30 points of each other on the year, so seems like we are about even, but I would prefer his roster if I could swap.

As soon as I hear that coming out of their mouth, I wince knowing that diva-like behavior will soon follow. What is it in the water in MN that gets receivers all jumpy this way?
It has nothing to do with the water in MN. WR who are good tend to become divas regardless of the team they play for.

Larry Fitzgerald an example of one who didn't. But the water in MN didn't cause Chad Johnson or noodle head to be divas but they certainly are(were).

While its of course over played just to make a story I do think people including myself under estimated what Jefferson was capable of. So if that motivates him great. I don't think that leads to a me first type of mentality but only time will tell.

It has nothing to do with the water in MN. WR who are good tend to become divas regardless of the team they play for.
I know. I was kidding. You had Diggs, who was perceived as a bit of a diva, and now Jefferson. It wasn't a very serious comment on my end. Just a lark.

I know. I was kidding. You had Diggs, who was perceived as a bit of a diva, and now Jefferson. It wasn't a very serious comment on my end. Just a lark.
I know.

Randy Moss. Kind of a diva.

Jefferson seems like a mature player for how young he is, But who knows what the future will bring.

Wow not a peep on this guy since February. I guess he is established already.

How Justin Jefferson lit the league on fire as a rookie

Every time I hear someone making excuses about a players development because of Covid last year I just cant help but think of this guy.

Users who are viewing this thread