What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Chase Claypool, MIA (5 Viewers)

Since they were true, and in the past, what were they?  We all want to believe...
He told me about Diontae Johnson taking over the number two starting position over Donte Moncrief and company (he did) and also talked about Jaylen Samuels having an increased role at the time (he also did). I picked up Johnson last year on his advice in redraft and in a deep league, it paid dividends.

Milkman said:
Situation might get a whole lot better if the rumors I'm hearing are true. I get crushed in here if I post them and don't post a source so I'll just keep them to myself but regardless he's my #1 WR in this draft. I do not own him anywhere either.

JuJu maybe on the move ??

JuJu trade rumors were a big offseason discussion and shot down many times by the Steelers. He's probably as young as Claypool and clearly more accomplished.

JuJu trade rumors were a big offseason discussion and shot down many times by the Steelers. He's probably as young as Claypool and clearly more accomplished.
Rational discourse has no place here.  I'm inclined to ignore all the 'let Juju walk' talk we've heard over the past 8-12 months if it wasn't so consistent. 

I think it would be insane for them to let him go based on the player we've seen dominating, but there's certainly more that we don't know.  Maybe @Milkman has some insight that he can't share yet, and we'll see it play out over the coming weeks and months.

For my money, I own him in dynasty and can't imagine a team walking away from that talent/production/profile/age

Rational discourse has no place here.  I'm inclined to ignore all the 'let Juju walk' talk we've heard over the past 8-12 months if it wasn't so consistent. 

I think it would be insane for them to let him go based on the player we've seen dominating, but there's certainly more that we don't know.  Maybe @Milkman has some insight that he can't share yet, and we'll see it play out over the coming weeks and months.

For my money, I own him in dynasty and can't imagine a team walking away from that talent/production/profile/age
Though the Steelers are somewhat notorious for letting good (for them) WRs walk, aren't they? Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress, Emmanuel Sanders, Mike Wallace are the ones I can remember from recent memory. Antonio Brown was the big exception and that blew up on them by the end. 

Admittedly it'd be weird for them to move on that quickly (I think everyone in that list above got 4 years minimum), but as you said there could be something off the field that makes them want to make a move now or something.

Though the Steelers are somewhat notorious for letting good (for them) WRs walk, aren't they? Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress, Emmanuel Sanders, Mike Wallace are the ones I can remember from recent memory. Antonio Brown was the big exception and that blew up on them by the end. 

Admittedly it'd be weird for them to move on that quickly (I think everyone in that list above got 4 years minimum), but as you said there could be something off the field that makes them want to make a move now or something.
Hines Ward stayed a long time

I would not be shocked if they traded Juju. Only so much money to go around, especially with the cap dropping next year.

Their 2021 free agents include Heyward,  JuJu, Conner, Dupree, Mike Hilton, and a couple starting OL. In addition, Watt and Fitzpatrick are coming up in 2022.

Last edited by a moderator:
if JuJu does gets moved ---- to who & for what ?

Washington Football Team for a 2 ?

49ers ?

Bears ?

..... and would the Steelers be ok with what they'd have left, or would they add another WR or take 1 back in a deal with the pick(s)

I would be shocked if they traded JuJu at this point.  I could see them not signing him next year, but trading him now would be very un-Steeler like.  Plus, the depth chart doesn't really support trading JuJu right now.  These are the top 6 Steeler WRs and they look pretty good 1 - 6 but, removing JuJu makes the squad very young and unproven.  

JuJu
D. Johnson
J. Washington
C. Claypool
R. Switzer
D. Cain

Who to watch when you can't watch training camp: Chase Claypool, James Pierre and Anthony McFarland Jr.

Excerpts:

One of the reasons training camp at Latrobe was always so popular is it gave fans a chance to watch practice and see how the new players, particularly the draft choices, are performing. If the Steelers were at Saint Vincent College and not Heinz Field this summer, one player in particular would have stood out as majestically as the Laurel Ridge – rookie receiver Chase Claypool.

His ability to quickly get to full speed after a catch is as impressive as his size and talent. Only a Ferrari gets from 0 to 60 as fast as Claypool.

Do not wonder if the Steelers will find ways to get Claypool involved in the offense, even though he is a rookie who had no OTAs, minicamp or preseason games. They will. Quickly.

if JuJu does gets moved ---- to who & for what ?

Washington Football Team for a 2 ?

49ers ?

Bears ?

..... and would the Steelers be ok with what they'd have left, or would they add another WR or take 1 back in a deal with the pick(s)
This is the real question. Washington could make some sense. What about NYJ/Miami/GB/Phi?

You wouldn’t take less than a three. They could get that for comp pick after letting him sign elsewhere next year. Need to be better than a three I guess. Otherwise play him.

Yard breaker link

FWIW

Yardbreaker posted this morning.  JuJu sounds happy and wants to remain a Steeler.  If the FO does trade JJSS, the return had better be a Ditka like offer that can’t be refused. 

Training Camp Takeaways: JuJu Smith-Schuster Looks Season Ready

Excerpt:

Chase Claypool’s Hype Train Won’t Stop

There has been a ridiculous amount of hype for Chase Claypool coming out of training camp, and Monday was no exception to that rule. Claypool had yet another standout day for the Steelers as he tries to quickly earn playing time despite a shortened offseason.

The highlight of Claypool’s day was a big touchdown over James Pierre. On a fade in the end zone, Claypool skied over Pierre and dragged both of his feet in bounds to make the catch for a touchdown. Working on his connection with Rudolph, Claypool also caught two big chunk passes from Rudolph on the day per the pool report.

While it is yet to be seen if the hype will translate to Sundays, it seems Claypool is earning more playing time through his strong camp performance.

Chase Claypool caught both of his targets for 39 yards in the Steelers' Week 1 win over the Giants.

He tied Eric Ebron for fifth on the team in targets, but Claypool's 39 yards were third on the squad thanks to a 28-yard grab. The rookie out of Notre Dame figures to compete for leftover targets with James Washington, who went 2-34-1 in this one. Neither player is a recommended redraft asset.

Sep 14, 2020, 11:30 PM ET

Nobody should have expected much from him this season, particularly the first half of the season.  He’s a 2021 play.
Tend to believe you are in the majority with that take and with sound reasoning.  There is too much talent ahead of him and too many mouths to feed on that offense for a mere rookie to have fantasy relevance. Right?

thing is, it won’t be long before Claypool becomes a must start. He is that good. Snooze at your own risk.

Tend to believe you are in the majority with that take and with sound reasoning.  There is too much talent ahead of him and too many mouths to feed on that offense for a mere rookie to have fantasy relevance. Right?

thing is, it won’t be long before Claypool becomes a must start. He is that good. Snooze at your own risk.
Already have stock in him, so I’m not snoozing.....

Biabreakable said:
This author needs an editor.

224 weeks is 14 NFL regular seasons.
You don't think the Steelers fans would like to see that?

This guy is nuts. I want to add him before he breaks his way into the lineup, not pay for him after. In dynasty he's already a forget it. 

I want to add him, but just can’t find a roster spot.  Evans, Chark, Diontae Johnson, Gallup, Lamb, Parris Campbell, Preston Williams.  Think I’m going to have to wait for now.  

he won't have the opportunity to be relevant anytime soon. too many mouths to feed in Pitt. Ben likes the other receivers better. look elsewhere for better WR3/4 opportunities. there's nothing to see here.

he looks like Metcalf2019 with actual football skills who just needs the opportunity. look how well that turned out. Claypool2021!

Users who are viewing this thread