What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Flavor Flav is out of Public Enemy over Bernie Sanders support (1 Viewer)

Topic thread makes it sound like Flav is out because he supports Bernie. Chuck D is the one supporting Bernie. Flav doesn't want him performing at a benefit concert using the name Public Enemy (not totally clear to me whether that's because he doesn't want to be seen as endorsing anyone or just because he doesn't want Chuck performing for free and depriving him of money). Chuck's response was that he owns the rights to all things PE, and he was sick of Flav sending him cease-and-desist letters, so he's out of the group.

I should also add that, other than the tangential connection to Bernie, this does not appear to be a political issue, so probably more of an FFA thread

I’m not saying I’m thinking of writing a Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos parody about Bernie leading a violent uprising against superdelegates, but I’m also not NOT saying it. 

Senior year in 1992 my buddies and I traveled to Fresno to see Public Enemy and Anthrax during the Bring the Noise Tour (Primus opened, FWIW). Before the concert, we stopped at a Long's Drugs to grab some snacks. We park in the parking lot, head for the doors of Long's, and out comes Chuck D flanked by two S1Ws in full regalia. We practically bump into him, he asks, "You goin' to the show?" and we proceed to stutter/stumblebum our way through a brief conversation with him before wishing him good luck.

He was carrying a stack of about 10 crossword puzzle books, too.

Sounds like what Flav is saying is that Bernie is a hero to most but he never meant #### to him

I dealt craps to Flav. Nice guy.

ps - cause my money is spent, for the gosh darn rent, neither party is mine, not the jackass or the elephant.  Possibly my favourite pe lyric.

pps - I anticipate our favourite fbg auto correct with ruin this.

edit- yup

Last edited by a moderator:
Ramsay Hunt Experience said:
I’m not saying I’m thinking of writing a Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos parody about Bernie leading a violent uprising against superdelegates, but I’m also not NOT saying it. 
I need the nom'

but that thought was thought before

i contemplated my plan on the convention floor

it wouldn't take too long to put that together

Users who are viewing this thread