What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rock Action's Newbie IDP Thread (1 Viewer)

Just traded out of the 5.01 to the 5.06 and 5.08. Guys will be there to take shots on. Thanks, Andy for the response.

Traded the 6.01 to get 6.05 and 6.10. At this point, there are guys still there that can theoretically help a team, especially on defense, which hasn't been combed over yet. I'll take the picks at this point. It's about an equal trade, I think.  The next four picks, even though they're at the end of the draft, could make the draft for me. So far:

1.06 Ruggs III (LV) - WR
2.01 Chase Young (WAS) - DE
2.04 Denzel Mims (NYJ) - WR
2.07 Bryan Edwards (LV) - WR
3.01 A.J. Dillon (GB) - RB - Thanks, MAC_32 for the input. It weighed on my mind heavily with this pick.
3.06 Antonio Gandy-Golden (WAS) - WR - This was my reach. I loved his highlights and some analysts think he'd be a second-rounder if he didn't go to Liberty
4.01 Willie Gay (KC) - LB
4.07 Tyler Johnson (TBB) - WR
5.06 Malik Harrison (BAL) - LB
5.08 Quintez Cephus (DET) - WR
6.05 Davion Taylor (PHI) - LB
6.10 Akeem Davis-Gaither (CIN) - LB

Last edited by a moderator:
I should emphasize that I build teams not only to win but to watch on Sunday. I want to see Ruggs play, hence I passed on Swift, who fell and who I loved before he was going to Detroit, and Jeudy, whose game is aesthetically displeasing to me. Lol.

With these late picks that are close together, I really use the chart that tells you the percent of drafts that each player will be available.  It helps me get 2 of my next 3 guys with picks that are 6 apart.

I'd go with Gross-Matos.

With these late picks that are close together, I really use the chart that tells you the percent of drafts that each player will be available.  It helps me get 2 of my next 3 guys with picks that are 6 apart.

I'd go with Gross-Matos.
Gross-Matos just got picked. Thanks, though. I also don't need DE help as much as LB help, and our scoring system punishes EDGEs as LBs often. So K'Lavon Chaissson is still on the board because MFL has him as LB right now.

Right now the two guys I think I'm drafting are still available. I'm also not going BPA at this point, as all the guys left should at least make their teams in some fashion. 

I should emphasize that I build teams not only to win but to watch on Sunday. I want to see Ruggs play, hence I passed on Swift, who fell and who I loved before he was going to Detroit, and Jeudy, whose game is aesthetically displeasing to me. Lol.
Yep.

With IDP, I find my teams get better if I draft players I want to watch and I think are anchors.  Just took Derrick Brown at the end of the 4th in a 16 team, 11 IDP league - we need to start a DT and all I had was Sheldon Richardson.

Now I need to find other IDP available late, guys like baun, Taylor, Davis, etc are gone.

Okay, after a long break from this thread, I figured I'd update my roster for anyone passing by or who has taken a passing interest.

Regarding the roster, and in looking at it, I realize I have a lot of linebackers, but I plan on cutting six or seven as preseason ends. I've italicized the likely cuts. We only need to get to fifty-one for the year, so it shouldn't be too hard. As for the massive amounts of linebackers, it's all pennies on the dollar. I'm hoping a few hit that were late-rounders in the rookie draft or are second and third year guys coming to the fore (like Bentley, Burks, and Oluokun). Those are also guys I can cut once training camp sorts out the backers, which leads me to this...

Full disclosure: I don't think there's going to be a season. I'm actually betting a lot on that with this roster. I had acquired Conner for my second, and then traded him for a mid-second (a step down) because his contract tolls with service time at the end of this year and I don't see him getting another shot at starting for another team at twenty-six. I traded Boyd for a second plus Rashaad Evans at linebacker. I traded Drake for McLaurin, as Drake will be twenty-seven and his contract status is up in the air after next year. I tried to build by getting younger. My oldest player on offense is Mostert at twenty-eight, which is ancient for a running back, but he's not a problem workload-wise. Breida is twenty-five on simply a one-year deal. I'm considering getting what I can for them. Right now I hold two ones, two twos, a four, and a six in the upcoming draft. I traded the three in the McLaurin deal and also traded a future fifth this previous May rookie draft. 

We start 1 QB 1 RB 2 WR 1 TE 4 FLEX and 3 DL 3LB and 3 DB

Current roster:

QB

Mahomes, Patrick
Lock, Drew
Newton, Cam

RB

Breida, Matt
Dillon, A.J. 
Elliott, Ezekiel
Edmonds, Chase
Harris, Damien
Hasty, Jamycal
Hyde, Carlos
Mostert, Raheem 

WR

Cephus, Quintez
Chark, D.J.
Davis, Corey
Edwards, Bryan
Gandy-Golden, Antonio
Godwin, Chris
Johnson, Tyler
McLaurin, Terry
Mims, Denzel
Ruggs, Henry
Smith, Tre'Quan
Williams, Preston

DL

Richardson, Sheldon
Wilkins, Christian

Brockers, Michael
Clowney, Jadeveon
Davenport, Marcus
Ford, Dee
Houston, Justin
Irvin, Bruce
Kerrigan, Ryan
Odenigbo, Ifeadi
Young, Chase

LB

Bentley, Ja'Whaun
Burgess, James
Burks, Oren 
Cashman, Blake 
Connelly, Ryan
Davis-Gaither, Akeem
Evans, Rashaan
Gay, Willie
Harrison, Malik
Hightower, Dont'a 
Klein, A.J.
McKinney, Benardrick
Mercilus, Whitney
Oluokun, Foyesade
Strnad, Justin
Taylor, Davion
Williamson, Avery

DB

Mathieu, Tyrann
Smith, Harrison
Vaccaro, Kenny
Walker, Tracy

I've been bouncing this around in my head as well.  If we thing there will be no NFL or college season, how do we respond?

What I've done so far:

• Traded away some 2021 draft picks for young players or 2020 draft picks... I was picturing some guys entering the supplemental draft (which has been cancelled), some underclassmen staying in school for another season, and the guys who go in the draft having a rough time starting their careers after a year off (Clarett/BMW).  So I traded away some of those picks.
  • Traded away some older players who will just be a year older.  I know there's an argument that they'll get healthier and not add any mileage, but I was remembering (incorrectly now that I read it) the old Drinen article that I thought found that the production curve matched age more than touches (further reading).
Things I probably should figure out:

• Who's on the last year of their contract and less desirable in free agency?
  • What does this mean for the 2020 rookies?
  • As more people start to think of this, when does the value shift and I should start buying 28-year-old WRs that people are starting to think are old?

I've been bouncing this around in my head as well.  If we thing there will be no NFL or college season, how do we respond?

What I've done so far:

• Traded away some 2021 draft picks for young players or 2020 draft picks... I was picturing some guys entering the supplemental draft (which has been cancelled), some underclassmen staying in school for another season, and the guys who go in the draft having a rough time starting their careers after a year off (Clarett/BMW).  So I traded away some of those picks.
  • Traded away some older players who will just be a year older.  I know there's an argument that they'll get healthier and not add any mileage, but I was remembering (incorrectly now that I read it) the old Drinen article that I thought found that the production curve matched age more than touches (further reading).
Things I probably should figure out:

• Who's on the last year of their contract and less desirable in free agency?
  • What does this mean for the 2020 rookies?
  • As more people start to think of this, when does the value shift and I should start buying 28-year-old WRs that people are starting to think are old?
Argh. You've asked a bunch of questions I've been grappling with for months but don't have definitive answers to.

Things I think:

-I think that cancelling the supplemental draft lands the NFL in court or at least at an arbitrator's table under the CBA, though I have no idea why. I do know that they likely cancelled it because not allowing players in would have them wind up in court faster than you can say "arbitrary and capricious."

-I think the older guys are getting just that -- a year older. I'm hoping for an outlier with Mostert

-I also think it's wise to cut ties with guys who are on their last year of their contract and don't look to see either extensions or player-friendly deals. The question becomes, and I asked this in the SP a while back, when does their service time toll and how is that determined?

-I have no idea how to value the 2020 rookies or the 2021 guys. 2020 guys get saddled with no experience and another draft to survive positional challenges without any chance to prove what they have in the games. They'd better be ready for the challenge of both the NFL and the incoming class. 2021 guys might not get that last year of tape to overtake and/or challenge their draft peers. It's could be all over for their collegiate careers.

-When does the value shift? That's a good question.

-I have no idea how to value the 2020 rookies or the 2021 guys. 2020 guys get saddled with no experience and another draft to survive positional challenges without any chance to prove what they have in the games. They'd better be ready for the challenge of both the NFL and the incoming class. 2021 guys might not get that last year of tape to overtake and/or challenge their draft peers. It's could be all over for their collegiate careers.
I don't think there is college football this year.  So I also traded away 21' picks for picks this year.  I know the current rookies are going to have a rough time with an unknown/limited camp setup, but can't help but believe someone already in an employed structure is going to be more engaged/committed then a student with a free year away from any program.  It's college, I'd party it up too!  Think next year's class is going to be a mess if the college season doesn't happen. 

I don't think there is college football this year.  So I also traded away 21' picks for picks this year.  I know the current rookies are going to have a rough time with an unknown/limited camp setup, but can't help but believe someone already in an employed structure is going to be more engaged/committed then a student with a free year away from any program.  It's college, I'd party it up too!  Think next year's class is going to be a mess if the college season doesn't happen. 
Yeah, as far as that goes, I probably would trade next years' picks for this years but our draft already happened back in May, so there's nothing one can really do. 

Yeah, as far as that goes, I probably would trade next years' picks for this years but our draft already happened back in May, so there's nothing one can really do. 
I hear ya, was meant to be more general to the value of 20' / 21' discussion. 

I hear ya, was meant to be more general to the value of 20' / 21' discussion. 
Hey, it's all about me, don't you know?

Nah, that discussion has great value. I suppose, all things equal, the value of future picks is really discounted anyway, but that depends on the quality of the class coming out, which is supposed to be good according to devy/dynasty guys in the field. WR and TE are supposed to be strong, RB less so. If all other things are equal (I highly doubt they are) then It becomes really then a matter of logistics and preference and science/vaccination. If one or two-year windows make it or break for dynasty teams, surely navigating this window will do the same.

And Mostert wants a trade. That stinks. He was likely my RB2 (we only start one). I'll be drafting RBs next year with two first rounders and the likely 1.01 in our draft. 

Since the topic has strayed a bit, and the IDP forum means less eyes see this theory of mine...

I'm thinking it could be a decent coup to target a top team's 1st round pick next year. It could be a crap shoot come draft time, but there's also a good chance a team might view their 2021 1st round pick as a late pick but ends up with a much better selection due to COVID. Especially likely if a good team has a high reliance on players from a small number of NFL teams. 

Since the topic has strayed a bit, and the IDP forum means less eyes see this theory of mine...

I'm thinking it could be a decent coup to target a top team's 1st round pick next year. It could be a crap shoot come draft time, but there's also a good chance a team might view their 2021 1st round pick as a late pick but ends up with a much better selection due to COVID. Especially likely if a good team has a high reliance on players from a small number of NFL teams. 
Any discussion or tangent in here is welcome as there are only benefits to be gained from picking everyone's brain. Love your idea. I had a chance with Boyd, but countered (too low for my liking in the end. Bad trade.)

:wub:

This guy was so much fun to watch the past few years. Insane athleticism and iirc didn't even play HS football
His highlights looked fast. I was able to get him with 6.05, which I thought might be a boon down the road. He's certainly sticking around on the squad when I have to cut to 51. 

His highlights looked fast. I was able to get him with 6.05, which I thought might be a boon down the road. He's certainly sticking around on the squad when I have to cut to 51. 
he is fast. he was kind of swimming when Mel Tucker put him in the Money role last year, but when the d was simplified and he got to pin his ears back he was a playmaka. his best football is ahead of him imo. prototypical 4-3 will

Problem is (IMO) with quite probably no college season, a first is probably going to be as good as a second.  Maybe some differentiate at the combine, but unless there's some footage can't help but think next draft is going to be one hell of a crap shoot. 

And Mostert wants a trade. That stinks. He was likely my RB2 (we only start one). I'll be drafting RBs next year with two first rounders and the likely 1.01 in our draft. 
I've been embracing some of Jordan McNamara's advice to load up on backup RBs, since they all seem to get a shot at some point and can really explode when they do.  Do a price check on Murray, Pollard, Mattison, DLewis, Scott, Hyde, Coleman, Harris, Duke Johnson.

Also, check on starting lineups - you might need to have 3 RB/TEs starting each week, so with only 1 viable RB, you might need a second good TE (I don't see your TEs listed above).

Okay, after a long break from this thread, I figured I'd update my roster for anyone passing by or who has taken a passing interest.

Regarding the roster, and in looking at it, I realize I have a lot of linebackers, but I plan on cutting six or seven as preseason ends. I've italicized the likely cuts. We only need to get to fifty-one for the year, so it shouldn't be too hard. As for the massive amounts of linebackers, it's all pennies on the dollar. I'm hoping a few hit that were late-rounders in the rookie draft or are second and third year guys coming to the fore (like Bentley, Burks, and Oluokun). Those are also guys I can cut once training camp sorts out the backers, which leads me to this...

Full disclosure: I don't think there's going to be a season. I'm actually betting a lot on that with this roster. I had acquired Conner for my second, and then traded him for a mid-second (a step down) because his contract tolls with service time at the end of this year and I don't see him getting another shot at starting for another team at twenty-six. I traded Boyd for a second plus Rashaad Evans at linebacker. I traded Drake for McLaurin, as Drake will be twenty-seven and his contract status is up in the air after next year. I tried to build by getting younger. My oldest player on offense is Mostert at twenty-eight, which is ancient for a running back, but he's not a problem workload-wise. Breida is twenty-five on simply a one-year deal. I'm considering getting what I can for them. Right now I hold two ones, two twos, a four, and a six in the upcoming draft. I traded the three in the McLaurin deal and also traded a future fifth this previous May rookie draft. 

We start 1 QB 1 RB 2 WR 1 TE 4 FLEX and 3 DL 3LB and 3 DB

Current roster:

QB

Mahomes, Patrick
Lock, Drew
Newton, Cam

RB

Breida, Matt
Dillon, A.J. 
Elliott, Ezekiel
Edmonds, Chase
Harris, Damien
Hasty, Jamycal
Hyde, Carlos
Mostert, Raheem 

WR

Cephus, Quintez
Chark, D.J.
Davis, Corey
Edwards, Bryan
Gandy-Golden, Antonio
Godwin, Chris
Johnson, Tyler
McLaurin, Terry
Mims, Denzel
Ruggs, Henry
Smith, Tre'Quan
Williams, Preston

DL

Richardson, Sheldon
Wilkins, Christian

Brockers, Michael
Clowney, Jadeveon
Davenport, Marcus
Ford, Dee
Houston, Justin
Irvin, Bruce
Kerrigan, Ryan
Odenigbo, Ifeadi
Young, Chase

LB

Bentley, Ja'Whaun
Burgess, James
Burks, Oren 
Cashman, Blake 
Connelly, Ryan
Davis-Gaither, Akeem
Evans, Rashaan
Gay, Willie
Harrison, Malik
Hightower, Dont'a 
Klein, A.J.
McKinney, Benardrick
Mercilus, Whitney
Oluokun, Foyesade
Strnad, Justin
Taylor, Davion
Williamson, Avery

DB

Mathieu, Tyrann
Smith, Harrison
Vaccaro, Kenny
Walker, Tracy
I would definitely not cut Cashman. I'd rather not cut Burks. 

I've been embracing some of Jordan McNamara's advice to load up on backup RBs, since they all seem to get a shot at some point and can really explode when they do.  Do a price check on Murray, Pollard, Mattison, DLewis, Scott, Hyde, Coleman, Harris, Duke Johnson.

Also, check on starting lineups - you might need to have 3 RB/TEs starting each week, so with only 1 viable RB, you might need a second good TE (I don't see your TEs listed above).
I've checked on starting lineups. The information listed above is accurate. 1-5 RBs, 2-5, WRs, 1-5 TEs is the stated option. My bad on listing TEs. Mine are a year away from glorious freedom. Seals-Jones is a definite cut candidate, though I'm intrigued by him backing up Kelce in KC at Kelce's age. 

TE

Brate, Cameron TAM
Everett, Gerald LAR
Howard, O.J. TAM
Seals-Jones, Ricky  KC

Key word, default. Youll get information between now and then that answers the question. But if all of the answers are positive then dump the one with the least weekly upside. 
Gotcha. I think Cashman is vying for a reserve role on the Jets now at ILB. They're getting Mosely back and signed another guy from Baltimore, plus they have Burgess who impressed last year, and Williamson. The word is he's a backup now. But like you said, I'm waiting until camp susses out. That's just my preliminary guess.

And my guess is that camp is at least delayed, if not foregone. 

Gotcha. I think Cashman is vying for a reserve role on the Jets now at ILB. They're getting Mosely back and signed another guy from Baltimore, plus they have Burgess who impressed last year, and Williamson. The word is he's a backup now. But like you said, I'm waiting until camp susses out. That's just my preliminary guess.

And my guess is that camp is at least delayed, if not foregone. 
Cashman got a shot before Burgess and looked good doing it. I think Baltimore guy may be Williamson's ticket out of town, but we'll see what covid has to say.

Cashman got a shot before Burgess and looked good doing it. I think Baltimore guy may be Williamson's ticket out of town, but we'll see what covid has to say.
Yes to both. Williamson looks like a cap casualty. Burgess might have won the job. COVID looms over everything. 

I've checked on starting lineups. The information listed above is accurate. 1-5 RBs, 2-5, WRs, 1-5 TEs is the stated option. My bad on listing TEs. Mine are a year away from glorious freedom. Seals-Jones is a definite cut candidate, though I'm intrigued by him backing up Kelce in KC at Kelce's age. 

TE

Brate, Cameron TAM
Everett, Gerald LAR
Howard, O.J. TAM
Seals-Jones, Ricky  KC
But it's 18 starters, right?

9 IDP

QRWWT

4 flex

Max of 5 WRs

Max of 1 QB

So three starters left over to split between RB and TE.

But it's 18 starters, right?

9 IDP

QRWWT

4 flex

Max of 5 WRs

Max of 1 QB

So three starters left over to split between RB and TE.
Yes indeed. Need an RB or TE. That's what you were saying. Got it now. Yeah, I was counting on starting 2 RBs all along with a TE going in as well. I did not plan on starting six WRs, so there's no ***** in that armor or plan.

My Zealots strategy in a nutshell:  I rarely can pull the trigger and draft a LB earlier than my league mates, so I draft WRs to eventually trade for LBs, and pick up a few at auction for cheap.  I trade for all my DEs and churn safeties until I find a few keepers.

My Zealots strategy in a nutshell:  I rarely can pull the trigger and draft a LB earlier than my league mates, so I draft WRs to eventually trade for LBs, and pick up a few at auction for cheap.  I trade for all my DEs and churn safeties until I find a few keepers.
That was almost exactly my end strategy except I went DL at the beginning of the second as the team was desperate and Chase Young is a "generational" talent, according to most. The really good LBs went late second/early third.

But yeah, I traded one of my good WRs for a starting quality linebacker and a second-rounder. (I'm still not sold I did the right thing, but people are telling me I did because of the scoring, my lack at the positions, and that there are nine starters on defense.) I drafted Willie Gay after the three concrete guys (Simmons, Queen, Murray) had gone. I know Gay has character concerns but I tried to pick up value there with a late pick. Plus a bunch of other later, young players to potentially fill needed slots on their teams. Only thing? There's no camp, and another draft probably looms before all of this is settled. 

We'll see how this works. I gave up on contending this year once I saw my linebackers vis a vis the rest of the league. They were hurting. I drafted four and claimed about seven-eight at auction. 

I drafted four and claimed about seven-eight at auction. 
That's the plan.   My starters last year were Cory Littleton, Blake Martinez, and Zach Cunningham.  I drafted Cunningham with a 5th rounder, and got Littleton and Martinez at auction for $1 each.  A couple that I spent high draft picks on are wasting away on the bench.

For those of you that subscribe to FBG (I do) John Norton's Eyes Of The Guru has been a wonderful resource against which to check guys that might be available in your league from a detailed perspective and breakdown of each team.

I'll provide links upon request, but it's on the Home Page under the Preseason Content section. Eyes Of The Guru: AFC North is the latest one.

For those of you that subscribe to FBG (I do) John Norton's Eyes Of The Guru has been a wonderful resource against which to check guys that might be available in your league from a detailed perspective and breakdown of each team.

I'll provide links upon request, but it's on the Home Page under the Preseason Content section. Eyes Of The Guru: AFC North is the latest one.
Yes has been a great article for years. Would be nice if FBG had more IDP content like this.

Yes has been a great article for years. Would be nice if FBG had more IDP content like this.
Yeah, it would be. They've obviously got guys that have done it before. I'm piecing it together with Twitter, FBG, Dynasty League Football, and just various rankings and sites.

rockaction said:
Yeah, it would be. They've obviously got guys that have done it before. I'm piecing it together with Twitter, FBG, Dynasty League Football, and just various rankings and sites.
I'm considering adding DLF with some discount offer they have with a DFS site.  What's your opinion of it?  I'm guessing that if I had both, DLF would be the offseason leader, then FBG would take over in-season.

I wish every site could agree on player names... I'd like to be able to pull in rankings from different sites, compare against my rosters and free agents, and spit out some quick recommendations.  I know FBG has that with their own rankings, and FantasyPros gathers some rankings, but it would be interesting to get everything pulled together in one place.  That kind of comparison was basically the point of a recent article or podcast where I think Jordan McNamara from FBG compared rankings at FBG and DLF to find good discussion points about wide gaps in value and where we might be able to find some value.

I'm considering adding DLF with some discount offer they have with a DFS site.  What's your opinion of it?  I'm guessing that if I had both, DLF would be the offseason leader, then FBG would take over in-season.

I wish every site could agree on player names... I'd like to be able to pull in rankings from different sites, compare against my rosters and free agents, and spit out some quick recommendations.  I know FBG has that with their own rankings, and FantasyPros gathers some rankings, but it would be interesting to get everything pulled together in one place.  That kind of comparison was basically the point of a recent article or podcast where I think Jordan McNamara from FBG compared rankings at FBG and DLF to find good discussion points about wide gaps in value and where we might be able to find some value.
My opinion about DLF is that I was subscribing monthly and let it lapse recently but am planning on re-upping very soon. It was worth it. I think you're right on about the off-season and in-season coverage. That's really interesting that they would do that in the podcast. I'll have to check it out. Sounds like exactly the idea I'd be looking for. You know who does that, but in-site? If you read PFF carefully, their different writers will have differing values or points about certain guys. Like Darius Slayton for instance. On one hand, they write a whole article about whether he'll break out in year two and things look favorable. On the other hand, they have a fantasy expert telling you to watch out and fade him because of his competition for touches. Just differing perspectives that could be confusing, but if you use them right can add up to a puzzle piece left otherwise not thought of.

Okay, began 0-2. Benching Tracy Walker upon news that he'd see decreased snaps and not starting another guy cost me the first game. The second game was cost by going back to Walker and benching Vaccaro. I have no FAAB left, all transactions cost a dollar. I've tried to sell a sixth or a defensive player, but no takers yet.

Since this is the IDP Forum, let's roll out the defensive guys. Year-to-date points are the first number, the second number after the space is their bye week.

Wilkins, Christian MIA DT 18.00 11

Brockers, Michael LAR DE 13.00 9

Clowney, Jadeveon TEN DE 14.00 7

Davenport, Marcus NOS DE (Q) 0.00 6

Ford, Dee SFO DE (D) 4.00 11

Houston, Justin IND DE 14.00 7

Kerrigan, Ryan WAS DE 16.60 8

Odenigbo, Ifeadi MIN DE 8.00 7

Young, Chase WAS DE (R) 27.00 8

Bentley, Ja'Whaun NEP LB 9.75 6

Davis-Gaither, Akeem CIN LB (R) 5.50 9

Edwards, T.J. PHI LB 14.50 9

Evans, Rashaan TEN LB 10.50 7

Gay, Willie KCC LB (R) 2.25 10

Harrison, Malik BAL LB (R) 8.50 8

McKinney, Benardrick HOU LB 21.75 8

Oluokun, Foyesade ATL LB (Q) 21.75 10

Taylor, Davion PHI LB (R) 0.00 9

Williamson, Avery NYJ LB 3.75 11

Mathieu, Tyrann KCC S 18.50 10

Murray, Eric HOU S 17.50 8

Smith, Harrison MIN S 15.88 7

Vaccaro, Kenny TEN S 39.13 7

Walker, Tracy DET S 24.51

And thus it goes. Chase Young has proven to be a righteous pick from the 2.1 so far. 27 points at DL is nothing to sneeze at in this league. He's on pace to finish with over 200 points, which puts him over and above VBD excellence in the league. There were only two or three DLs that broke two hundred last year. So I have that going for me. Biggest disappointments? Willie Gay and Marcus Davenport. I spent the 4.1 on Gay and 80 free agent dollars on Davenport and have nothing to show for it. Gay's a second-rounder that fell due to attitude, not talent. You'd figure he'd have carved out a role already. But no. And Davenport strikes me as somebody who is often hurt and whose potential is much greater than his performances. 

Thanks to you guys and these forums for alerting me to some of these guys -- I started with very few of them. Only the DBs are holdovers, really.  McKinney, Oluokun, and Bentley (though he's started slow for a linebacking captain) came from FA because of these forums, Evans came to me through a player trade. Right now, my linebackers are light years ahead of what they were, which is sort of amazing. And that's a wrap for a bit. Hopefully I play out the year, get a high first-round pick from my own futility and that the team whose first I hold does poorly also.

Unless you have a team that is scoring well but losing to teams with bigger weeks, I'd say it's time to shop the old guys. Vaccaro just had a huge game. Any big game by Brockers, Kerrigan, Houston, Clowney should be an instant shop for any return that yields you a potential dart at a young player. 

Unless you have a team that is scoring well but losing to teams with bigger weeks, I'd say it's time to shop the old guys. Vaccaro just had a huge game. Any big game by Brockers, Kerrigan, Houston, Clowney should be an instant shop for any return that yields you a potential dart at a young player. 
Thanks. My team is thoroughly mediocre. We're seventh in points scored out of twelve. I am not catching really bad beats. To the contrary, I'm catching some wind in my sails from starting a guy like Mostert who has busted two big ones in two weeks, but is now hurt. I'll put Vaccaro on the block and see if I can't drum up some interest. The other guys, I'll wait for a game to happen where the script is in their favor. The D-Line guys you mention are going to be hard to trade. Their VBD scores are pretty fungible. I did have a sixth for Houston offer, and I suppose I can shop him again, but I'm not sure the other owner would want him at anything more than a fifth, which seems light, but isn't. 

Thanks. My team is thoroughly mediocre. We're seventh in points scored out of twelve. I am not catching really bad beats. To the contrary, I'm catching some wind in my sails from starting a guy like Mostert who has busted two big ones in two weeks, but is now hurt. I'll put Vaccaro on the block and see if I can't drum up some interest. The other guys, I'll wait for a game to happen where the script is in their favor. The D-Line guys you mention are going to be hard to trade. Their VBD scores are pretty fungible. I did have a sixth for Houston offer, and I suppose I can shop him again, but I'm not sure the other owner would want him at anything more than a fifth, which seems light, but isn't. 
Don't trade for draft picks, trade up in it. Instead of Houston for a 5 shoot for Houston and a 5 for a 4. 

Don't trade for draft picks, trade up in it. Instead of Houston for a 5 shoot for Houston and a 5 for a 4. 
Ah, yes. Thanks for the contextualizing. My thinking can get quite obtuse, as the Big Lebowski might say. I have no three or five to speak of, but I get what you're saying. I have two firsts, two seconds, a fourth, and a sixth. Might be nice to throw a fourth in there for a three, though they certainly might value their three more than not. We'll see. 

Ah, yes. Thanks for the contextualizing. My thinking can get quite obtuse, as the Big Lebowski might say. I have no three or five to speak of, but I get what you're saying. I have two firsts, two seconds, a fourth, and a sixth. Might be nice to throw a fourth in there for a three, though they certainly might value their three more than not. We'll see. 
I rarely do player for pick trades. Instead I do these types of trades as I accumulate depth then come spring I have 5-6 picks in the top 30. 

Actually, I'm looking again at the league totals. I have been getting scored on at a pretty good clip, but nothing out of the ordinary. That said, I'm only looking at my total points. I have the fourth most points against but who cares really, when you're seventh in total points? The gauge is this: My team is mediocre. Lacks depth. An injury away from complete ineptitude.

One thing you guys probably can't help me out with: seems like a really inactive league here. Only trades that get done are those on the block. 

Users who are viewing this thread