What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your Feelings Towards China (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
I'm not going to pollute the Coronavirus thread with anything political or conspiracy theories, but I'm curious if this is an issue we generally agree on as Americans.

What are your feelings towards China and CPC/CCP? 

China has been as much our fault as theirs. We cant tell emerging industrial nations not to pollute like we did/do and our debt, loss of international credibility and jobbing out of our economy keeps the only nation capable of saying no to China from doing so.

China has been as much our fault as theirs. We cant tell emerging industrial nations not to pollute like we did/do and our debt, loss of international credibility and jobbing out of our economy keeps the only nation capable of saying no to China from doing so.
like we did?  disagree, sure we can. 

like we do?  agree, we should be leading by example.

I tend to agree

We raped and pillaged to accumulate our wealth 

Hard to say boo

I tend to agree

We raped and pillaged to accumulate our wealth 

Hard to say boo
Wouldnt go that far. The proudest i am of the American Miracle is that we invaded no one (OK, their markets...), defended several and took in the world's indigent while along the course of becoming the most awesome entity in world history. More chinashop bulls than plundering hordes

Wouldnt go that far. The proudest i am of the American Miracle is that we invaded no one (OK, their markets...), defended several and took in the world's indigent while along the course of becoming the most awesome entity in world history. More chinashop bulls than plundering hordes
Minus the whole slavery thing and the whole trail of tears thing

And it is american ingenuity that has been exploiting the third world for decades

But I do hear you on the colonizing front

:oldunsure:  

America was asking for it.
Well yeah, did you see how it was dressed? 

We've done some really ####ty things in our history.

Of course we can say we learned from our experience, but we're still financially colonizing. As are China and most first world Nations. 

I hold the people of China in fairly high regard. I'm in love with one of their native born (she's American now).  They do a lot of things right but more wrong. 

The difference between those with money and those without would make Bernie fans crazy. It's so much more pronounced than here.  

I love the mix of old and new where we've seen. Beihai in particular stands out as a fascinating city, I'd love to spend more time there if they got their #### together. 

NorvilleBarnes said:
Doesn't match your original statement. If you've ever been to China you'd know that "banning live animal markets" would be the equivalent of saying they banned markets.
well you may choose to look at the world with negative classes but it's a step in the right direction.  Don't forget this is communist country, they will enforce with the weight of the military

They're the symptom of a problem.  I am a capitalist to the core but I've had these debates with friends with MBA's about the over dependence on China and the eastern ring at the expense of American manufacturing in terms of the dual benefit of American jobs and national defense/security.  I was poo poo'ed in that the market must determine things and globalization was ultimately a greater good.  I don't know how you could structure or mandate some percentage of manufacturing or production to be done at a minimum in this hemisphere but ideally stateside but I hope thats a byproduct  of this.  

I heard a phrase that seems apt the other day, nothing is more expensive than cheap labor.

We let ourselves be outsourced by transferring skills to other labor pools that were less expensive.  So, let's start to flip that around.  Let China build 3D printers and then we can use them to make things with automation here.  Let China outsource themselves by transferring their skills to a robot printer we can use.

Someone posted this in the FFA Covid-19 thread earlier tonight:

No one should use China as an example for anything. They are the enemy, they started it, they cannot be trusted to tell the truth. 

While likely completely irrelevant today, as a WW II history buff I was always was awed how an estimated  250;000 Chinese civilians and 70,000 soldiers died as they protected 77 US airman (Dolittle’s Raiders) after they bombed Japan in 1942. An amazing sacrifice.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doolittle_Raid

Last edited by a moderator:
While likely completely irrelevant today, as a WW II history buff I was always was awed how an estimated  250;000 Chinese civilians and 70,000 soldiers died as they protected 77 US airman (Dolittle’s Raiders) after they bombed Japan in 1942. An amazing sacrifice.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doolittle_Raid
Thanks for posting this. Just spent a while reading various stories about this. 

Might have to start up a feelings toward japan thread now. 

Easier said than done. I am not even talking about the price difference. It can be very difficult to find certain products that are made in USA. 
It never ceases to amuse me about "American made" bumper stickers on cars. Even if assembled here, well over half of that vehicle originates overseas.

Thanks for posting this. Just spent a while reading various stories about this. 

Might have to start up a feelings toward japan thread now. 
Better food, issues with space(in fairness, they're on islands), fun television, but a weird fixation with tentacles.

Well given their scumbag government is now attempting to shift blame to us in some wild conspiracy theory, their leaders can go eff themselves 

The one good thing Trump has done is trying to take on China.  I respect that.  China has stolen so much IP from us its disgusting.

Users who are viewing this thread