What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Democratic VP candidates - Kamala Harris Is The Choice (1 Viewer)

Biden has a sizable lead right now in the polls nationally and also in most of the battleground states.  Why do you think this pick will have such a huge impact to sway things from probably Biden winning to definitely Trump winning?
I don't believe the polls.  Similar to 2016.
I seem to recall that you believed the polls which indicated that Trump was about 4-5% more popular in swing states than the averages were saying.

(Also: the current poll averages are showing that Trump is trailing in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin by 5+ points. So even if you give Trump the same 5% "Shy Trump Voter" boost that he got last time, he'll still lose.)

• Thanks
Reactions: rct
No surprise here...Biden was limited in his choices due to committing to identity politics...will be interesting to see how she is looked upon (i.e. likability factor) after there is a good dose of her on the campaign trail...she will probably be asked to be the face/voice of this campaign far more then any other VP candidate since Biden can not handle those rigors and unlike any other VP choice there is absolutely no doubt if Biden wins the VP will absolutely be President.
She is the worst possible candidate to shore up the black vote for Biden.  This is great news for Team Trump.

I bet you Biden was surprised when they told him who his running mate was, though.  Does he even remember her from the debates?  :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No surprise here...Biden was limited in his choices due to committing to identity politics...will be interesting to see how she is looked upon (i.e. likability factor) after there is a good dose of her on the campaign trail...she will probably be asked to be the face/voice of this campaign far more then any other VP candidate since Biden can not handle those rigors and unlike any other VP choice there is absolutely no doubt if Biden wins the VP will absolutely be President.
I dont think "absolutely no doubt" means what you think it means.  Like...at all.

I dont disagree that Biden is relatively infirm and probably has some diminished mental capacity (which I'm not comfortable with.....and I'm not sure Trump is much better.....) but there's certainly nothing close to a guarantee that he's going to die or otherwise become incapacitated to the point where he'd need to removed from office.

Nothing about this situation is anything close to ideal. Its a damn shame that this is where we are.....but we are.

Better odds on Harris, I imagine.  I had just checked Predicit it - Biden was at $0.58, while Harris was at $0.05

Buy Harris on the cheap now - like buying an option contract.
Yeah, let's just start referencing buying up cheap black people now.  Good Grief.   Have you no self-awareness?  

I'm surprised you even brought this up - expect a huge backlash.  Maybe even a timeout.  Cancel Culture is going to end up getting you.

• Thinking
Because of the law enforcement aspect? 
Well, that.  The marijuana issue.  The fact that she's 1/2 black.  And that identity politics ain't gonna' go over well either. 

I mean, how long will the Democrats get away with pandering to the black community?  Geezuz.

He picked her to be on the ticket. Seems like they are good to go.

For perspective do you think Pence can stand being around Trump for more than 5 minutes? 
She called him a racist on national television 
Here's the relevant quote:

"I do not believe you are a racist, and I agree with you when you commit yourself to the importance of finding common ground. But I also believe, and it's personal -- and I was actually very -- it was hurtful to hear you talk about the reputations of two United States senators who built their reputations and career on the segregation of race in this country. And it was not only that, but you also worked with them to oppose busing."

Have you ever called out Trump for any of his racist BS or you just save it for Dems for gotcha moments?
Well, when Trump does have a racist moment I will.  Until then, it's all Democrats.  They are, after all, the party of the KKK, slavery and Jim Crowe.

• Laughing
Here's the relevant quote:

"I do not believe you are a racist, and I agree with you when you commit yourself to the importance of finding common ground. But I also believe, and it's personal -- and I was actually very -- it was hurtful to hear you talk about the reputations of two United States senators who built their reputations and career on the segregation of race in this country. And it was not only that, but you also worked with them to oppose busing."
You're a racist but not a racist.  Got it.

• Sad
Well, that.  The marijuana issue.  The fact that she's 1/2 black.
I do think she has a LEO issue which the marijuana ties into. However, the Black community isn't a single minded entity and the protests- anti LEO- prosecution of drug crimes may not be as big of a part of the pie as we perceive. My experience is that Black people- especially the ones most likely to vote- are actually pretty conservative. They don't want drugs in their communities, they don't want criminals in their neighborhoods. I think the Law and Order relationship is a positive for a lot of people. I don't see what her being half Black has to do with anything. 

I do think she has a LEO issue which the marijuana ties into. However, the Black community isn't a single minded entity and the protests- anti LEO- prosecution of drug crimes may not be as big of a part of the pie as we perceive. My experience is that Black people- especially the ones most likely to vote- are actually pretty conservative. They don't want drugs in their communities, they don't want criminals in their neighborhoods. I think the Law and Order relationship is a positive for a lot of people. I don't see what her being half Black has to do with anything. 
You're joking, right?  95% vote Democrat.

I'm not sure if you're being funny or serious, because describing the black community as NOT single-minded and "pretty conservative" is so far from the truth it makes Trump look like an angel.

• Thinking
You're joking, right?  95% vote Democrat.

I'm not sure if you're being funny or serious, because describing the black community as NOT single-minded and "pretty conservative" is so far from the truth it makes Trump look like an angel.
They vote Democrat but they are the most religious and conservative bloc of the Democratic Party. 

I dont think "absolutely no doubt" means what you think it means.  Like...at all.

I dont disagree that Biden is relatively infirm and probably has some diminished mental capacity (which I'm not comfortable with.....and I'm not sure Trump is much better.....) but there's certainly nothing close to a guarantee that he's going to die or otherwise become incapacitated to the point where he'd need to removed from office.

Nothing about this situation is anything close to ideal. Its a damn shame that this is where we are.....but we are.
It means exactly what I said it means...he is in no shape to handle the rigors of this office for four years...if you think otherwise that is fine but I would be shocked if he lasts two years.

So does Harris now no longer believe those women who accused Biden of inappropriate touching and rape, or does she now forgive Biden for inappropriate touching and rape?

It means exactly what I said it means...he is in no shape to handle the rigors of this office for four years...if you think otherwise that is fine but I would be shocked if he lasts two years.

Yeah....so that's your opinion.

If it was "absolutely no doubt" it would be a fact.

The dude will step down within 6 months if elected.  Book it.  This is how the left gets their "first black woman president" FIRSTIES!!! in office - the shady way.

• Laughing
So does Harris now no longer believe those women who accused Biden of inappropriate touching and rape, or does she now forgive Biden for inappropriate touching and rape?
Harris stated that she believed women who said they felt uncomfortable.

Harris did not say that she believed women who accused Biden of rape. (In fact, I'm not aware of any woman who has formally accused Biden of rape.)

First Asian president too!

You guys are going to lose your minds with a Black, Asian woman in charge!
No we wouldn't.  Why would you say that?  

I don't have a problem with non-white people.  I'm not fixated on it 24/7 like most of this forum is.  As long as someone is qualified and halfway decent I don't care what color they are: brown, white, yellow, purple or green.  Granted these last two elections we've gotten non-qualifed, not decent or both choices to choose from so that doesn't help.

Unnecessary hyperbole and people mis-stating opinions as facts are part of how we got here in the first place.

So yeah, thanks for that.
It's exactly how we got here...a couple of wrong words on a fantasy football message board and next thing you know there is rioting in the streets.

I’m signed up for Trump Texts and just got this little present. Seems like “Phony Kamala” it is.

”Pres Trump: Biden picks Phony Kamala for VP! He isn't smart enough to see her lies. I'm upping the stakes to WIN BIG! 6X-MATCH ACTIVE FOR 1 HOUR: bit.ly/3ahmYwh”

Users who are viewing this thread