Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

1 hour ago, Keith R said:

How good will this team be at not just acquiring but developing young quarterbacks, whether Hurts or a 2021 pick?  Sirianni has typically worked with veteran QBs instead of developing younger ones (Rivers, Luck), which would lead me to believe they may bring in a vet rather than go with Hurts or risk a high pick on an undeveloped QB.

Maybe why they brought in this guy: Meet the man the Eagles think can help turn Jalen Hurts into an elite quarterback

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is similar analytics with edge players, but I think they both get to the same point for different reasons. Edge guys, there is a physical minimum you must meet to beat NFL tackles, and if you ha

Just don’t think he has the arm talent to be a reliable starter long term. 

This debacle makes me rethink my vote on the most disfunctional franchise thread.  Drafting hurts in the 2nd last year was already a questionable move, but not going all in on him after trading Wentz

I doubt Hurts is the long term answer for the Iggles, but he can probably hold the spot down for a season until they find their guy.

They will probably be picking in the top 5 next year anyway so that might be where they grab a QB if they don’t take one with the 6 pick this year.

1 hour ago, Johnny Utah #9 said:

I doubt Hurts is the long term answer for the Iggles, but he can probably hold the spot down for a season until they find their guy.

They will probably be picking in the top 5 next year anyway so that might be where they grab a QB if they don’t take one with the 6 pick this year.

Why couldn’t Hurts be the Lon term answer?

2 hours ago, Johnny Utah #9 said:

I'm no Eagles fan, but I don't think they'll be nearly as bad as you suggest. With a decent draft (cue the peanut gallery), they can threaten 9-7, especially if Hurts performs well.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Johnny Utah #9 said:

Rodney

Seems like many are making too much of Hurts’ successes last year as well as his failures. The guy got thrown to the wolves as a rookie with no training camp and has (I believe) 4 starts under his belt . Let’s see what he can do with a full offseason - and with defenses scheming against him - before making a full assessment.

Edited by zamboni
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, Blackbear said:

Pats would love have a trade for him. 

I think the Steelers would love to have him as well. High character, mobile behind bad OL and  of course dirt cheap.

I hate debating things we'll never have an answer and I know some won't agree but for as much as Roseman got beat up on for taking Hurts, and not saying he did not deserve most of it, but I think he could turn turn the pick into a profit today if he was inclined to do so.

• Like 1
On 2/20/2021 at 8:46 PM, Mister CIA said:

I'm no Eagles fan, but I don't think they'll be nearly as bad as you suggest. With a decent draft (cue the peanut gallery), they can threaten 9-7, especially if Hurts performs well.

Don't see it.  They still need to make more cuts to get under the cap.  Ertz and Malik Jackson are going to be cut or traded.  Rumors are Kelce is getting cut too.  Sounds like the Eagles are blowing it up.  Anyone over 30 is trade/cut bait.       

4 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

Don't see it.  They still need to make more cuts to get under the cap.  Ertz and Malik Jackson are going to be cut or traded.  Rumors are Kelce is getting cut too.  Sounds like the Eagles are blowing it up.  Anyone over 30 is trade/cut bait.       

If that is the case then there will be more holes to fill making it likely the Eagles dont draft qb early to fill these other openings. 

On 2/23/2021 at 3:28 PM, Blackbear said:

If that is the case then there will be more holes to fill making it likely the Eagles dont draft qb early to fill these other openings. 

If there is someone they love, they'll go QB.  Otherwise, I agree.  They should give Hurts at least next season to see what he can do.  I don't think he's the answer, but, they need to build the team around the QB first.