Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

32 minutes ago, TakiToki said:

My take (no representation of its veracity) is that Hurts was more of a guy that could hit open guys, whereas Mayfield and Murray could throw guys open. When you're throwing to CeeDee Lamb against Big 12 defenses, that's usually gonna be enough for huge numbers.

I think Hurts is a pretty bright guy that put in the work and was there for spring ball, so my guess is that time in the system wasn't a huge consideration, but certainly just a guess.

Fair though throwing to Hollywood Brown and CeeDee Lamb was a nice set up for Kyler. I imagine those guys were open a lot. Baker had Hollywood, Lamb and Mark Andrews. Hurts probably had the worst cast of the three.

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is similar analytics with edge players, but I think they both get to the same point for different reasons. Edge guys, there is a physical minimum you must meet to beat NFL tackles, and if you ha

Just don’t think he has the arm talent to be a reliable starter long term. 

This debacle makes me rethink my vote on the most disfunctional franchise thread.  Drafting hurts in the 2nd last year was already a questionable move, but not going all in on him after trading Wentz

On 3/26/2021 at 9:36 PM, Mister CIA said:

I can't get a bag of chips for Hurts in my start 1 qb dynasty league.  I own Wentz and Hurts and I approached 5 different owners trying to get a low-to-mid 3rd rounder for either and I got nothing but "thanks but no thanks."

Edit: one or two of my offers may have targeted very late 2nd rounders.

That doesn't make much sense to me. He showed enough to get a 2nd in a 1QB league (that's all I play in).

The Hurts owner was looking for a late 1st or early 2nd and then came to me with a Hurts for Drake. I'm waiting to make sure Philly doesn't do anything weird in the draft and then will probably make the deal.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

Somewhat misleading. He declined to name any starters. 

It's bull#### 

NBC Sports Edge take:

Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni refused to name Jalen Hurts as the team's starter and said there would be a quarterback competition this summer. 

Sirianni's announcement of a QB competition in Philadelphia can be seen as a rebuke of owner Jeffrey Laurie's reported desire for Jalen Hurts to get the Week 1 starting job. Beleaguered Eagles general manager Howie Roseman has denied those reports. Right now, Hurts would have the seemingly easy job of beating out Joe Flacco for the starting job, assuming the team doesn't draft a quarterback in the first couple rounds of next week's NFL Draft. "To name a starter at this particular time... we've been working with these guys for two days," said Sirianni, who apparently doesn't have access to film of Hurts' four 2020 starts. Hurts averaged 21.3 fantasy points in those starts -- seventh highest among QBs over the season's final month. He should be the Eagles' starter come September. 

RELATED: 

Joe Flacco

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Apr 21, 2021, 11:43 AM ET

5 hours ago, Faust said:

NBC Sports Edge take:

It’s funny how Rotoworld gets so snarky about something so innocent and so common (especially for a new HC with a team that doesn’t really have an incumbent starter) and tries to spin it into come kind of incompetence.

Shame on them.

Edited by Dr. Octopus
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

It’s funny how Rotoworld gets so snarky about something so innocent and so common (especially for a new HC with a team that doesn’t really have an incumbent starter) and tries to spin it into come kind of incompetence.

Shame on them.

They really are tough to digest these days. Sad thing is, as the season wears on, you come to depend on sources like that to a degree when it comes down to something like knowing whether a team's fifth or sixth wide receiver will start because of injuries or something like that. I'm talking redraft here. They'd do better to keep the Twitter snark and narrative attitude out of their blurbs so they're readable and informative again.

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1

You have to drive content and clicks. I like the NBC Edge/Rotoworld crew, you just have to realize that their job really is: drive traffic. 

Sorry if this has already been answered in this thread, but what is the approximate pick value of Hurts in this draft should someone want to trade for him?  My gut says to be careful because I don't get the warm and fuzzy feeling the coaches are sold on him.

1 hour ago, JohnnyU said:

Sorry if this has already been answered in this thread, but what is the approximate pick value of Hurts in this draft should someone want to trade for him?  My gut says to be careful because I don't get the warm and fuzzy feeling the coaches are sold on him.

The other 11 owners in my 1QB dynasty don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling either.   I was asking for anyone willing to offer up one of their picks in exchange for Hurts & my 2.4.   I thought I might get a token 2.2 or 2.3 offer.   Maybe even a late first that would give me something to think about, but I received zero response.

Straight up?  I probably would take the profit and sell for mid-late 2nd.  However, I would rather have the Hurts lottery ticket than a 3.1.   

Obviously it's a completely different equation in a 2QB / superflex, but in a 12-team 1QB, I think there's just too much hype on this draft's QB class.  Anyone in the market for a starting QB or upside backup is setting their sights on a rookie. 

I'm expecting Lance to go somewhere in the 2nd in my draft.   I think Hurts vs Lance is a fair question for dynasty value.   I feel like Lance might ultimately have the higher upside and a better chance to hit.  However, I personally assess a lot of value to the fact that I should know what I have in Hurts pretty early in the 2021 season.  I'm not expecting that to be the case with Lance, so the idea of keeping him around for the better part of a year before finding out makes Hurts > Lance in my value assessment, but it's close.   This is my probability tree for Jalen Hurts and his most likely range of fantasy outcomes:

10% -   homerun, the next La-Jax, Dak, Watson

30% -  useful fantasy asset, anywhere from a poor man's Dak / low end fantasy QB1 to high-end QB2

60% - QB2 of little consequence in 1QB league, marginal value above a streaming option, anywhere from a fantasy roster clogger to a complete bust for fantasy and NFL

But the possibility of seeing something that looks like the top 10-20% outcome after week 3 of the 2021 season is worth something. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 3/29/2021 at 2:29 PM, zed2283 said:

That doesn't make much sense to me. He showed enough to get a 2nd in a 1QB league (that's all I play in).

The Hurts owner was looking for a late 1st or early 2nd and then came to me with a Hurts for Drake. I'm waiting to make sure Philly doesn't do anything weird in the draft and then will probably make the deal.

Went through with this.

I gave: K.Drake, AJ Green, 2.5
He gave: J.Hurts, S.Watkins, 2.2, 2022 3rd

He owns Jacobs and is set up for a run, so he felt is was worth it (he also has Murray, Stafford, Tannehill).

Edited by zed2283
On 4/23/2021 at 2:40 PM, JohnnyU said:

Got him for Gurley and 2.8 in a single QB league right after the Wentz trade. 

On 4/23/2021 at 2:40 PM, JohnnyU said:

If I were after a qb then I'd try to pick Lance then Fields. If unsuccessful I'd try to trade for Hurts, but would be comfortable with Wilson as plan b.