What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Late Round / UDFA Targets (Dynasty) (1 Viewer)

Not even close for me. 

I thought Hurts was 3rd best QB, and upside as a running QB pretty obvious.

You gotta have deep rosters/taxi squad, clearly. I can keep him on taxi for two years, think I got him early 4th?

Dallas is a fair dart throw where he's going, but I like a Cephus/Peoples-Jones there a lot more.  

I did not draft any UDFA this year but some discussion here on drafted players so on that note I picked up a ton of Raymond Calais with last pick or two of a lot of my drafts.

I actually like Ronald Jones, thought he improved a lot and I'd be surprised if does not at least retain his role from last year. I'd personally rather have him then Vaughn but whether that holds true nothing and no one is entrenched and a lot up for grabs in Tampa's backfield. My prediction would be Calais starts as a special teams guy, if he makes the team and is active, but some of the coachspeak about him, his combine performance and gaudy per touch production made him my favorite late round flier this year.

I did not draft any UDFA this year but some discussion here on drafted players so on that note I picked up a ton of Raymond Calais with last pick or two of a lot of my drafts.

I actually like Ronald Jones, thought he improved a lot and I'd be surprised if does not at least retain his role from last year. I'd personally rather have him then Vaughn but whether that holds true nothing and no one is entrenched and a lot up for grabs in Tampa's backfield. My prediction would be Calais starts as a special teams guy, if he makes the team and is active, but some of the coachspeak about him, his combine performance and gaudy per touch production made him my favorite late round flier this year.
I took Ray Calais at the end of my two dynasty drafts. Not much impressive ahead of him, and he really fits the mold of a Brady Third Down Back. Could be a late season flex play and on the massive upside end up in 2021 as an Ekeler/Lindsey lotto winner.

I have to say... I’ve fallen in love with Malcolm Perry. He may never do anything. Many of his yards were gaping holes but he really looks to me to have have special lateral ability. Miami said they are going to use him at RB, he has the number 10 so there is an outside chance they list him at QB and he has some Taysom Hill type work. 

The late guys who keep finding their way onto my roster:

Perry, Darnell Mooney, Gabrial Davis, Dalton Keene, Tavien Feaster.

Guys who I will try to be getting onto some squads: Aaron Parker, Kirk Merritt and Mason Kinsey (if he ever gets listed on MFL).

Working hard tonight!
I must say this is a first (hidden threads) that I ever heard of in this forum.  There are probably more from other posters, but I guess no one cared about those threads. But then again maybe this is a first.

Late round (Pick 45 in a rookie only, non-idp league) flyer rb for me came down to a choice between 

• Salvon Ahmed
  • Malcolm Perry
  • Jonathan Ward
Also still on the board: Raymond Calais, Michael Warren, Jason Huntley, JJ Taylor, Javon Leake, Scottie Phillips. So I believe it is fair to say that this is *late round*.

I am about as far as anyone can be from being an expert analyst of film, but nonetheless this is based upon me looking at a few highlight clips. So my take might be way off base or completely irrelevant - no dispute from me. That said, my take is:

None of the three have break away speed. I was hoping that one would show that. I didn't see it - neither impressive burst nor long speed.

Salvon Ahmed: Was probably the least impressive to my eyes.  I did not see the speed that I had heard mentioned. And he seemed to go down easier than the other two. He was an easy eliminate for me except... that he is in that danged Shanahan offense.  If he ever gets significant playing time, he will probably put up some stats. But I'm guessing it is system stats more than anything.

Malcolm Perry: Small. And without break away speed. He was run down from behind several times in the clips I saw. But... small and caught from behind and yet seemingly hard to bring down. I think he showed surprising core strength for his size. He also is the most elusive of the three. I also like his military upbringing and drive. He was hard to pass on but I think he has a harder time arriving at FF significance in Miami than Jonathon Ward. Miami, I believe, is adding legitimate depth assets to their backfield and I am not sure that even if Breida goes down, as he regularly does, that Perry will get significant enough long-term play to be an every week starter.

Jonathan Ward: He seemed to break a fair number of tackles. He CATCHES the ball! I believe he has the easiest path to fantasy relevance (although the Shanahan offense is hard to pass on) should there be an injury to rb1 or rb2 - even with Eno Benjamin sitting on the sidelines next to him.

I really wanted to go with Malcolm Perry. I wanted a piece of the Shanahan backfield. I chose Jonathan Ward

Late round (Pick 45 in a rookie only, non-idp league) flyer rb for me came down to a choice between 

• Salvon Ahmed
  • Malcolm Perry
  • Jonathan Ward
Salvon Ahmed: Was probably the least impressive to my eyes.  I did not see the speed that I had heard mentioned. And he seemed to go down easier than the other two. He was an easy eliminate for me except... that he is in that danged Shanahan offense.  If he ever gets significant playing time, he will probably put up some stats.
I totally agree with your assessment. He's just not fast. I think he ran over a 4.6 at the combine. Yes, he ran a 4.62 and 4.67. That's not good territory for his size. 

Oh yeah, I still picked him up upon the news of Mostert requesting a trade (I have Mostert, and now have Hasty, who I added weeks before after watching highlights and liking them, and Ahmed.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Southern Illinois TE named Nigel Kilby worked out at Northwestern today with 25 NFL teams represented.

6'7 1/2/254

83" wingspan

10 4/8 hand

4.66 40

Broad 10'6

Just looking up his stats he had 34/437/4 his first season playing at Eastern Michigan. Transferred to Garden City CC and went 34/437/10. Then made his way to SIU were he did next to nothing really except catch 8 TD's on just 31 receptions in two years.

I've never heard of the guy. Will try and hunt video on him.
i am not a statistician.  what are the odds on the near identical season 1 and 2?

not impressed with the next 2 years...

Alright, bumping this back up now that it’s cutdown time for dynasty leagues, and we can cover more than just RB’s in here.

My lotto cuts, just couldn’t find room for them (to give context to the guys I decided to keep over them): Salvon Ahmed, Tavien Feaster, Michael Warren III, Jordan Reed, Emannuel Butler, Zach Pascal.

Sleepers I found roster room for going into the regular season (I play in fairly deep leagues and consolidate value into my starting lineup habitually, to be able to roster lots of lotto tickets, for context):

QB:

Hurts

RB:
JaMycal Hasty

James Robinson

J.J. Taylor

WR:

Jauan Jennings

Malcolm Perry (listed as RB on MFL but not for long probably)

Joe Reed

Kirk Merritt

TE:

Logan Thomas

Jacob Breeland (IR) 

Foster Moreau (Waller owner)

For reference, I am rostering all of these guys on a 14 team PPR devy league roster, 24 + 3 IR + 3 Taxi. Obviously I went into the offseason with a lot of roster space and loaded up on fliers this spring. I have another 14 teamer cutting down this weekend that has even larger offseason rosters, so my cuts will be much harder, I’ll update after those cuts take place if there are any other interesting names not already here.

Happy roster cuts, it means the season is almost here! May all our lotto tickets hit big. Or at least cover a bye week. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread