What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

COD Modern Warfare BATTLE ROYALE (1 Viewer)

Just played my first round. My teammates ran off. They died. I ended up finishing 18th. Lots of fun, but definitely requires coordination with a team.

Never played COD. I'm sure I'd be helpless 
I’m terrible but it is fun. You can respawn the first time you die if you win a match in the gulag. Which is 1v1 another guy that wants to respawn. If you lose then your teammates can buy you a new life. Once all three die it’s game over.

Gonna have to buy this tomorrow, got to be prepared in case I have to “work” from home in the near future.

I suck at this game so bad, my kid laughs at me all the time.  That said, I'm in...we have a list of others that we can join in?

Played a few games. I like it better than the alternatives (fortnite, pubg, apex) so far.

Seems a bit more complicated than it has to be. I like the way Apex handles respawn better. 

That being said, after playing multiplayer over the past few months, this is a nice change.

So for those of us who suck at this sort of thing and know very little about other games out there (never been in fortnite etc) is this the same kind of concept as fortnite?  Watched the video and it seems to have elements that my son has mentioned when talking about fortnite etc.  I guess what I'm asking is, can I basically say "dude, COD has come out with a 'fortnite' like approach" and not look like a moron?  We were talking just a couple days ago about how he likes COD better, but misses some of the aspects of fortnite.

Seems a bit more complicated than it has to be. I like the way Apex handles respawn better. 

That being said, after playing multiplayer over the past few months, this is a nice change.
The gulag is a bit hokey, but it's a fun distraction.

So for those of us who suck at this sort of thing and know very little about other games out there (never been in fortnite etc) is this the same kind of concept as fortnite?  Watched the video and it seems to have elements that my son has mentioned when talking about fortnite etc.  I guess what I'm asking is, can I basically say "dude, COD has come out with a 'fortnite' like approach" and not look like a moron?  We were talking just a couple days ago about how he likes COD better, but misses some of the aspects of fortnite.
Yeah, so basically this is the same battle royale concept as fortnite, but with a CoD look and feel. I.e. it's a bunch of squads fighting against each other to be the last one standing, with a large map that gets smaller as the match goes on. That's the TLDR.

Edit - it doesn't have the "building" aspect that fortnite has. That's the biggest difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, so basically this is the same battle royale concept as fortnite, but with a CoD look and feel. I.e. it's a bunch of squads fighting against each other to be the last one standing, with a large map that gets smaller as the match goes on. That's the TLDR.

Edit - it doesn't have the "building" aspect that fortnite has. That's the biggest difference.
My kid is going to lose his #### when he finds out about this :lmao:  

Thanks for dumbing it down for the old dude Worm  :thumbup:  

so just so this boomer here understands correctly, I don't need to own a COD game to download and play this.

UMWolves007 is me.  I have no idea how to invite people to do whatever it is I need to do, so when you see me, do the needful and you can watch me suck....do we need a FBG tag or some such?  :bag:  

Does anyone know how to team up with people on another platform? I’m on PS4.

TheTickleNinja
Yes, I did this last night. You need to have one person send a friend request to another persons Activision ID. Not their xbox/playstation ID, because it could be different, but their Activision ID.

Yes, I did this last night. You need to have one person send a friend request to another persons Activision ID. Not their xbox/playstation ID, because it could be different, but their Activision ID.
Ok cool. I have the same name for both.

Worm said:
Where does one find there acitivision id :bag:

I have no idea what mine was lol

oh i went on their website and made one, it linked it to my xbox login. 
right - so I either had one or created one when I just got this CoD....

If Im cross platform you need my Activison ID .... I dont know what it is.  I know it's linked, I have no idea what it actual is though....

I have both systems but got this for PS4 since guys at work only have Ps4.

Never played COD. I'm sure I'd be helpless 
You'll be fine. It's so popular because it's so accessible. Controls are simple after a few games. You may just suck at shooters (I certainly do) but when you're with a squad in this game mode, there are various strategies that can win (run n gun, avoid other teams/snake in the grass until the end, etc). But teamwork can get you pretty far. It's always more fun with people you know.

You'll be fine. It's so popular because it's so accessible. Controls are simple after a few games. You may just suck at shooters (I certainly do) but when you're with a squad in this game mode, there are various strategies that can win (run n gun, avoid other teams/snake in the grass until the end, etc). But teamwork can get you pretty far. It's always more fun with people you know.
Yeah, I'm not very good either, but I played with a IRL friend last night for 4 rounds and we routinely got in the top 15 final teams and once #6. 

I must say. The final circle is REALLY difficult. The best I have finished is #3, and that was with the perfect storm of finding myself mostly in the middle of the circle each time. Or being really close to another building when I did have to move.

How is the feel and ttk in this one relative to Blackout? 
Ttk feels pretty similar. It really isn't too different tbh. Only major differences to get used to are the cash system to buy killstreaks/perks, 3 man teams, and some new locations on the map.

right - so I either had one or created one when I just got this CoD....

If Im cross platform you need my Activison ID .... I dont know what it is.  I know it's linked, I have no idea what it actual is though....

I have both systems but got this for PS4 since guys at work only have Ps4.
While logged in and sitting on the multiplayer screen, mine shows up in the upper left corner near my rank etc.

Users who are viewing this thread