What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

COD Modern Warfare BATTLE ROYALE (1 Viewer)

game looks like a lot of fun for the most part, but I've NEVER enjoyed COD gameplay.

I'm really looking for something to play, but I know I'd get frustrated dealing with the killstreaks and some of the other arcadey aspects.  Played the hell out of PUBG for a while after it came out, but eventually bailed once all the casual players moved onto other games. I just couldn't compete once all the servers were full of nothing but die-hards,   My twitch aim skills (even with the mouse and keyboard)  have just left me over the last few years (I'm 36 now)

game looks like a lot of fun for the most part, but I've NEVER enjoyed COD gameplay.

I'm really looking for something to play, but I know I'd get frustrated dealing with the killstreaks and some of the other arcadey aspects.  Played the hell out of PUBG for a while after it came out, but eventually bailed once all the casual players moved onto other games. I just couldn't compete once all the servers were full of nothing but die-hards,   My twitch aim skills (even with the mouse and keyboard)  have just left me over the last few years (I'm 36 now)
The kill streaks aren't that bad IMO. You can only have 1 at a time, and they're pretty limited compared to the regular multiplayer. None of the crazy helicopters that kill you the second you spawn type of things.

Got my first game in. I had a team before the drop ship but they disappeared ? Disconnected or something no idea so I was solo

managed to kill 2/3 squad. I was revived in a 1v1 arena kinda weird. Is that like a gladiator arena where the winner can keep playing

Downloaded it and did some warm up practice games. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be ready for real players :bag:  

I haven't seen dude on in a while.  We played a lot of COD WW2 together but not much since then.  I don't think Pete or Madshot play a lot of COD anymore.  But if they do, I'm def down.    Anyways, I prob won't be on in a while (personal stuff), but when I get back on I'll def try this out.  GT: Ryodan5
When reaper sends out the bat signal they better show up ✊

on side note I got to figure out what my gamer tag is :bag:

hxperson said:
I haven't seen dude on in a while.  We played a lot of COD WW2 together but not much since then.  I don't think Pete or Madshot play a lot of COD anymore.  But if they do, I'm def down.    Anyways, I prob won't be on in a while (personal stuff), but when I get back on I'll def try this out.  GT: Ryodan5
Honestly, I haven't owned/played COD since MW2.  Just not my kinda game.

Played for about 3 hours, best finish is 3rd. I was the only guy left in my squad and got pinched. It’s fun. I find the best strategy is to jump just outside of zone and loot there for cash, get the load out drop, the everyone has guns.  Also make a class with a thermal scope since no one is running cold blooded. 

Well, looks like I'm gonna be on all weekend. My two main buddies, ones self-quarantining lol (he should be good though), and the other has taken up social distancing....thanks coronavirus.

So I'll prolly be playing most of the weekend. If anyone tryna group up my PSN is RedCloud49.

I'll try and get my actual in-game ID when I'm on next.

Edit: Activision ID (I think) is RedCloud49#8433917

Last edited by a moderator:
They added solos and I got a win on my second match.

https://gameclips.io/guerilla gunner/0b08f78a-f864-401f-bdd7-a9aabb1bee0b

Ive quickly learned that this is my goto strat...

• Loot cash, buy self revive, gas mask, and plates if needed. 
  • Find a loadout drop, they’re everywhere and no need to purchase 
  • Loadout must have cold blooded and other ghost perk to keep you off thermals and radars
  • your preferred gun from the supply drop needs to have a silencer. 
  • Instead of a secondary grenade, use the personal radar, you can see how much it helped me in that video.

if anyone wants to send an invite, I'm TLEF316 on Blizzard.

Starting to SORTA get the hang of the shooting and mechanics. Finished 3rd with a squad of randos and then just had a 7 kill game.

My aim still sorta sucks, but I'm not a total disaster

if anyone wants to send an invite, I'm TLEF316 on Blizzard.

Starting to SORTA get the hang of the shooting and mechanics. Finished 3rd with a squad of randos and then just had a 7 kill game.

My aim still sorta sucks, but I'm not a total disaster
How do I do this? I'll play a round or two. I have had a couple glasses of wine though.

I am on PS4 TheTickleNinja

Still haven’t won a round. Me and a few buddies of mine finished 2nd last night though. The other team had the high ground in the final circle. Just couldn’t finish the job.

No kidding. We always seem to be unlucky when the circle gets smaller and we are always forced to push uphill. 
Those recon missions are so important for that. My crew and I won a bunch of matches that first week cause we picked up early on the importance of those, then everyone else caught on and it's been tougher recently.

Those recon missions are so important for that. My crew and I won a bunch of matches that first week cause we picked up early on the importance of those, then everyone else caught on and it's been tougher recently.
What do you mean the importance of these? :whoosh:

We've done those before, but what am I missing?

Not sure I've ever been so bad at a game in my life. Sucks because it's fun but man I'm so bad it's like I'll get the drop on someone, they'll come running by me and not see me and I'll come up on them from behind and they still kill me.

Not sure I've ever been so bad at a game in my life. Sucks because it's fun but man I'm so bad it's like I'll get the drop on someone, they'll come running by me and not see me and I'll come up on them from behind and they still kill me.
We should face off.  The game would last a long time since I'm the same way.

Keep with it. You'll improve even just by understanding the gameflow. I'm no god by any means, but this game is so big I've won a number of games by just hiding out playing snake in the grass until the final couple circles. Then it's just a matter of winning a firefight or two. Running Ghost and Cold Blooded are pretty much necessities cause almost everyone has a thermal and/or heartbeat sensor at the end.

Honestly, I haven't owned/played COD since MW2.  Just not my kinda game.
It's a BR with COD flavoring. Pretty fun and is free. I'm not a COD multiplayer fan at all really. But I love BR's and their concepts. The gun play of COD is always solid so it works. 

When reaper sends out the bat signal they better show up ✊

on side note I got to figure out what my gamer tag is :bag:
Dainty and I have been playing this since launch. Got our second win last night with a combined 17 kills including a friend. Also sported a 2250 damage 2 kill match (in the 4 minutes we were alive), which is quite insane on how many downs I must of had at the Buymore.

cool.  I think I've played Gearz with you before
Ryodan meet StoneReaper, StoneReaper meet Ryodan. Stone was a big GoW1/2 FBG member. Ryodan actually played a lot of GoW3 and COD BO? with the wifey and myself.

It took us a while to get our weapons into a better leveled up satte but it helps a ton. Word of advice for new people who don't own the multiplayer game and only got the free BR version. Pick the M4A1 or another LOW LEVEL AR and level that #### up. Don't bounce around like i did with tons of weapons as it just meant I continuously was wielding inferior loot.

The game really does introduce/improve on some really interesting concepts to the BR genre. Personally, I think they went a LITTLE overboard in terms of making it easy to get people back into the game, (I think I'd cut out the re-spawns at a certain point or maybe make them more expensive as the round goes on)  but I certainly understand why they did it. Nothing worse than getting killed early in a PUBG game firefight only to have the rest of your team survive and make it to the end. Leaves you sitting on your hands for half an hour. Obviously not fun.

Of course, these same changes also take away a lot of the tension and intensity of a game like PUBG. I've never had a more intense and rewarding gaming experience than the last couple of circles of a PUBG game. Warzone doesn't have that, plus I dont like the gunplay as much.  (never been a COD guy) But there's no doubt that its fun and makes the game much more accessible for more casual players. My brother, who is not a gamer is able to get into it and we had some pretty fun matches on monday even though we didn't do super well. It would take him about 2 times dying right off the jump in PUBG before he'd quit for good.

Also I want to say there was a Culdeus sighting a few nights back. Also Uni is always lingering ready to be enticed by snackums.

The game really does introduce/improve on some really interesting concepts to the BR genre. Personally, I think they went a LITTLE overboard in terms of making it easy to get people back into the game, (I think I'd cut out the re-spawns at a certain point or maybe make them more expensive as the round goes on)  but I certainly understand why they did it. Nothing worse than getting killed early in a PUBG game firefight only to have the rest of your team survive and make it to the end. Leaves you sitting on your hands for half an hour. Obviously not fun.

Of course, these same changes also take away a lot of the tension and intensity of a game like PUBG. I've never had a more intense and rewarding gaming experience than the last couple of circles of a PUBG game. Warzone doesn't have that, plus I dont like the gunplay as much.  (never been a COD guy) But there's no doubt that its fun and makes the game much more accessible for more casual players. My brother, who is not a gamer is able to get into it and we had some pretty fun matches on monday even though we didn't do super well. It would take him about 2 times dying right off the jump in PUBG before he'd quit for good.
The Gulag stops at 20 minutes I believe. 

There are some balancing issues as always in these games. I am not a fan of the gulag in general but wish it stopped at maybe 15 minutes. Also make buying back cost 6K+ or maybe a penalty where the team that killed you can see you pinged like a UAV. Also make loadout drops cost way more. The people that played the main game literally have the best gear in the game within the first two minutes.

Oh, for sure, the loot drop cost should be much higher. But I'm not sure balance is their main goal here. I think their goal is just to get as many playing as possible. And I certainly understand why they want to reward people who actually bought the base game. It is what it is. I haven't been playing all that long and I can drop myself a decent loadout.

Dont love the gulag either, but again, its at least interesting and different. 

I’d like an invite to party up with some FBGs. Play with a few friends every now and then, it’s much better with all 3 communicating and on the same page. I’m decent with a .95 K/D ratio and 1 whole win so far.

Activision ID: SSlayton10

PSN: SSlayton320

Won another around last night. They changed the cost of buying a load out. It’s now $8500 which makes it a big more difficult. I also think they’re giving out less cash. 

I feel like too many make it to the final circle. I’ve got 4 runner up finishes and 2 wins, but I feel like 1 of my wins was fluke and 3 of the runner ups were as well. You hit the nonstop moving circle with 3-4 other guys and hope they’re not shooting at you.  I’ve only had one game end up not in a relatively open area without cover. 

I feel like too many make it to the final circle. I’ve got 4 runner up finishes and 2 wins, but I feel like 1 of my wins was fluke and 3 of the runner ups were as well. You hit the nonstop moving circle with 3-4 other guys and hope they’re not shooting at you.  I’ve only had one game end up not in a relatively open area without cover. 
YES. This is really my only complaint of the game, especially when compared to last year's Blackout. Too many people make it to the final circle. Too much chaos.

Probably a combo of increasing the players to 150 from 100, and the introduction of the Gulag and cheap price of the teammate buy-ins.

Last year usually only 3 or 4 teams made it to the final circle, this year I consistently see 8-12.

BR games have a lot of moving parts. In some ways, they've INCREASED the skill gap by removing some of the randomness (since everyone can get good gear pretty easily) from the looting phase.

But yeah, allowing the re-spawns takes away the survival portion of BR. That's not always a bad thing (As a lot of BR games drag in the mid-game as those that have good gear often camp or otherwise play VERY conservatively. In PUBG there's a lot "find a good building near the center of the circle and hope you get lucky with the next one" ) but it's certainly going to lead to this crowded late game problem.  So that adds more randomness/luck to the end game and lowers the skill ceiling for that portion.

YES. This is really my only complaint of the game, especially when compared to last year's Blackout. Too many people make it to the final circle. Too much chaos.

Probably a combo of increasing the players to 150 from 100, and the introduction of the Gulag and cheap price of the teammate buy-ins.

Last year usually only 3 or 4 teams made it to the final circle, this year I consistently see 8-12.
We had a game where we bought by brother back in the final circle with like 15 guys left in the woods near the airfield. He never landed, we had him pull early and play UAV for us and it actually worked so that was kind of fun. He was feeding us “two teams fighting down the hill, leave them alone go after... ping ping those two.”

BR games have a lot of moving parts. In some ways, they've INCREASED the skill gap by removing some of the randomness (since everyone can get good gear pretty easily) from the looting phase.

But yeah, allowing the re-spawns takes away the survival portion of BR. That's not always a bad thing (As a lot of BR games drag in the mid-game as those that have good gear often camp or otherwise play VERY conservatively. In PUBG there's a lot "find a good building near the center of the circle and hope you get lucky with the next one" ) but it's certainly going to lead to this crowded late game problem.  So that adds more randomness/luck to the end game and lowers the skill ceiling for that portion.
Yeah it's a lot at end game, no real strategy. Just run and gun as all the teams move in on the circle together.

I liked last year where you had 3 or 4 teams left, you really had to coordinate and strategize your final endgame moves with your teammates. It was more chesslike. When to make your approach, when to engage. I really liked that aspect.

If they’re going to keep it moving, just start it slower and from a larger point. Right now everyone gets within shooting range and it starts closing at a rate you have to move forward, no left or right, just straight in. I’d rather it be keep rolling from the second to last circle so you have more room to flank but you still can’t sit there. As it stands, the second to last circle is everyone camping and hoping someone gets stupid, then the final circle is a clusterf...

Just had my 2nd solo win. 8 kills in total including the last 4 players.  

I’ve got like 5 team wins but I don’t find those as fun for some reason - it’s frustrating killing a guy and then my team isn’t watching and it’s 1 v 3. Or even worse, this is a pet peeve, when my teammate says “they’re over there!!”  Of course I have no idea what that means. 

Users who are viewing this thread