Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft : WR Michael Pittman Jr, Indianapolis Colts (Jeff George wore #11 and was traded for what became Marvin Harrison - they had no comment on this developing crisis)

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ecstatic to get Pittman at 2.07 in my draft. Low chance at outright busting, imo, with a moderate/high upside.

Mentioned this in a previous thread on combine night: Tale of the tape: Mike Evans, 6'5"/231, 4.53 40, 37 vert, 7.08 3 cone, 4.26 20 yard shuttle Pittman Jr., 6'4"/223, 4.52 40, 36.5 ve

I've been looking at Pittman in this regard for some time now. I'm a big believer in the early declaration/early breakout rule even compared to Draft position it comes out on top more times than not.

I’m considering him over Chark and Reagor in nonPPR.  I think I may go with him.   There is discussion in the Packers thread about who Alexander would cover.  It’s not a certainty he would shadow Pittman.  

Zak Keefer @zkeefer

Colts rookie WR Michael Pittman, who's starting to break out: "Now, I have confidence in what I’m doing. When we first started, I wasn’t reading the defense, I wasn’t sure of my routes and my assignments. Now I feel more sure of myself."

10 catches/167 yds/TD in last 2 games

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1331286851177631745?s=21

How we feeling about him this week? I’m tempted to bench Parker and put him this week but the the 3 targets last week kind of terrify me. What the hell happened there? They put Jiare on him after busting off that 45 yd TD?

I’m expecting Rivers to spread it around, but if the target volume is going to be that volatile it’s gonna be a problem.

3 hours ago, Johnny Utah #9 said:

How we feeling about him this week? I’m tempted to bench Parker and put him this week but the the 3 targets last week kind of terrify me. What the hell happened there? They put Jiare on him after busting off that 45 yd TD?

I’m expecting Rivers to spread it around, but if the target volume is going to be that volatile it’s gonna be a problem.

Tempted as well.  It’s him or Juju (against the Ravens) for me, so the low volume risk is there for both I guess. 

I am rolling him out.  He had a great game against Tenn two weeks ago and their pass D doesn't scare me.  I think Pittman will get more targets again this week and, as he showed against GB, he can make a big play with the ball in his hands.  

I moved him right before my leagues deadline on Saturday because I am really deep at WR and wanted some draft capital in upcoming rookie draft. I got L Bell, 2nd (early), four 3rds and a 4th but have a little regret because I like his role moving forward.

6 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

9 Targets

2 Receptions

Didn't get to watch the game all that much, what is the story? QB off target? Bad routes? Drops?

Wondering the same. I didn’t watch the game but one point I was on nfl.com and they had the video of the game playing and I saw Rivers under throw him by like 5-10 yds. Don’t know if Rivers turf toe was the problem and if a lot of the throws were off or just the one I saw amd it was Pittman not making catches. Curious to know

37 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

9 Targets

2 Receptions

Didn't get to watch the game all that much, what is the story? QB off target? Bad routes? Drops?

I had the game on one of my tvs. Pittman was open often with plenty of room to run, but Rivers is so bad that he kept throwing it behind him. Like Pittman would have to stop his route and it was still behind him.  On one play that was across the field, Rivers shot-put on his balloon balls. It was so high in the air that the defender had to time run over to Pittman, wait for the ball, and then he mis-judged the pop fly & dropped it after it landed on his chest.

The second completion was late in the game from Brissett.

Edited by NYRAGE

Michael Pittman caught 2-of-9 targets for 28 yards in the Colts' Week 12 loss to the Titans. 

It was a disappointing outing for Pittman, who had looked to establish himself as the Colts No. 1 wideout in recent weeks. Instead, T.Y. Hilton led the team in receiving while Pittman led all Colts pass catchers in targets. That Pittman and Rivers struggled to connect against Tennessee shouldn't stop fantasy managers from starting Pittman as a low-end WR2 in Week 13 against the Texans. 

- Rotoworld

Edited by The Frankman
  • 4 weeks later...

Michael Pittman (concussion) entered the league's protocol.

Pittman has underwhelmed since T.Y. Hilton's reemergence, failing to exceed 50 receiving yards or score a touchdown since Week 11, but was still expected to play nearly every down since the Colts have to win (and have some help) to sneak into the Wild Card round. Zach Pascal would step in across from Hilton if Pittman isn't cleared in time for Sunday. The team's mid-week practice reports will tell all.

SOURCE: Mike Chappell on Twitter

Dec 28, 2020, 4:03 PM ET

• 2 weeks later...

Michael Pittman caught 5-of-11 targets for 91 yards in the Colts' Wild Card Weekend loss to Buffalo, adding one rush for 11 yards. 

Pittman was second among Colts wideouts with a 14 percent target share this season. He was the team's primary offensive weapon for much of the first half against Buffalo, narrowly missing a diving touchdown grab in the first quarter. For a while in the season's first couple months, Pittman looked like Indy's top wideout. T.Y. Hilton slowly emerged as the No. 1 receiver, however, relegating Pittman to WR3/4 status in fantasy. At 6'4" and 223 pounds with 4.52 speed, Pittman will look to take a second-year leap in 2021, possibly with unrestricted free agent Hilton gone. Pittman could shape up as a value pick in best ball leagues this spring and summer. 

Jan 9, 2021, 6:49 PM ET

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Bump...Pittman?

I like him, but don't love him.  Campbell should be back this year and I also believe he is pretty good.  I still think the Colts need a true alpha WR #1.  Hilton isn't it any longer and in my mind never was.  Rashod Bateman anyone?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I like him, but don't love him.  Campbell should be back this year and I also believe he is pretty good.  I still think the Colts need a true alpha WR #1.  Hilton isn't it any longer and in my mind never was.  Rashod Bateman anyone?

Agree - Colts need upgrade at wideout.  

• barackdhouse changed the title to Dynasty & Redraft : WR Michael Pittman Jr, Indianapolis Colts (Jeff George wore #11 and was traded for what became Marvin Harrison)

I've sold him in a couple spots bought him in a couple others. I liked what I saw from him last year. I have absolutely no idea what to make of Wentz but it seems the Reich marriage is probably the right way to go. With Taylor presumably commanding 8 man boxes, maybe their passing game can thrive, and with Pittman at the front of it. Even if they do draft a true alpha. I'm a strong believer in 2nd year WR breakouts so I am a little surprised there isn't more talk about him. Some people think this is a sell high moment while others think it is a good buy low. Like me. But there is definitely a strong FF market for him right now, but I have found a number of people that really want to hold and see.

• barackdhouse changed the title to Dynasty & Redraft : WR Michael Pittman Jr, Indianapolis Colts (Jeff George wore #11 and was traded for what became Marvin Harrison - they had no comment on this developing crisis)