What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Coronavirus Isolation - How far are you taking it? (1 Viewer)

Godsbrother

Footballguy
Aside from the essentials are you isolating yourself from family that doesn't live with you, friends, neighbors, etc.?

yes, isolating from the outside world since Friday. 

i'm constantly on the road/run (planes, trains, autos), so a respite is welcomed. 

the industry i most dabble in (cafes/bars/restaurants) has been hit very hard ... looks like i have a ton of free time coming up. 

i will continue to self isolate for the duration of this week ... things can change in a heartbeat, but ... that's my plan, atm. 

my gf had her case load cut waaayyy back, and my daughter is outta school, and all her extra curriculars have been shelved. 

we're hunkering down - thanks to the Mother thread for getting me out ahead in regards to supplies, food, etc. 

IN 

(literally).

I am 61, my wife will be 60 in April.  At this time we still plan to continue to see our grandkids (8,6,and 4).  Are we being reckless?

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I'll start.   I am 61, my wife will be 60.  At this time we still plan to continue to see our grandkids (8,6,and 4).  Are we being reckless?
I don't know.

I'm only going out for doctor-related visits. Anything else is off limits. My immediate family seems to be taking it less serious than I. When I mean isolate w/in all due reason, I mean isolate. 

My daughter flew home from Europe on Saturday so we were planning on isolating for the next few weeks anyway. Today my office told everyone to telework until the end of the month. 

So now they recommend no crowds over 10.

Well, we had a patient today with classic Covid19 symptoms who was crazy as hell and needed to be physically restrained and then transferred to a medical unit.

Not sure how I am supposed to go about a self quarantine when my job is to basically be one of the first wave of people to get infected.

I went to the gym early this morning, but kept 6ft away from anyone else. I knew I was pushing the envelope, so wasn’t going to go anymore. The state of MD closed all gyms at 5pm. 

Friday and Saturday I had trouble finding a parking spot and all the classes were packed (I don’t do classes). 

Taking it all the way. No contact with anyone. Currently on day 8 or 9.

I did go to the grocery store once. Didn’t come within 6 feet of anyone.

I work for a Health Department. I deal with this stuff all day and come home to a wife that doesn’t think any of this is a big deal. I would start hiding money but I don’t have any. Plus it carries viruses anyway.

We've been gathering supplies like everyone else. Got the word to work from home starting today. Wife is going to start tomorrow. Kid home from school until at least March 30. Other is online school. Don't have any other family or social friends we get together with anyways outside work usually. Bike ride to park next to my 10 yr olds friends house. They happened to come out and wave but went back in. I said I'd she comes over no hugging. Pretend you both have head lice all over your body. So pretty isolated i guess.

Taking it all the way. No contact with anyone. Currently on day 8 or 9.

I did go to the grocery store once. Didn’t come within 6 feet of anyone.
I guess you did self checkout?  Don't they usually have a monitor hovering around.  I bet you got within six feet of at least a couple people throughout your visit. 

They cancelled my 10-year-old's school, starting tomorrow. I kept him home today, after staying home all weekend. I told my MIL (60s) not to come by to watch him while I work. Will have my 19-year-old nephew watch him instead. I have to work- RN in a local ICU.

I have another nephew living with me for a few months while he gets some money saved for his own place. I had a talk with him last night about how serious things are getting, and the best way to prevent the spread is to isolate. He has a girlfriend that spends pretty much every night over here- I'd really prefer she stayed away for the next several weeks, but am not sure if that's an overreaction. 

My reason is twofold: first, my safety and my kid's safety. Second, she lives with her grandparents (late 60s, grandpa has health issues) and I am at very high risk for being exposed to the virus thru work. I don't want to be the cause of this spreading to other people, so I am being as strict as possible about limiting my interactions with people.

What would you do?

I've been WFH since Thursday last week and that will continue until mid April.  I did go to the grocery store once.  I also ordered bagels to go Sunday and picked up 25 boxes from Uhaul as we are moving this coming weekend.  Not an ideal time to move but we are renting a U-haul and moving most ourselves with my BIL and nephews.  Other than that I don't plan to leave my house for anything other than supplies if they run low.  Right now I'm eager to get moved and get beyond the 2 weeks of isolation point which will give me some comfort that I and my family are ok.

My son had a pitching lesson today. It felt weird going especially with all sports canceled but I figured one last trip out and then hunker down. I told him he won't be visiting friends or family anytime soon. I'll still be doing food shopping.

The problem is my wife works in NYC and has no ability to work from home. So I've already resigned myself to her bringing this home. 

Daughter's spring break started today, but is extended an additional week.  We are going to drive to Lake Tahoe with another family and pretty much isolate.  I do not believe many mountains/resorts are open at the moment. We are bringing enough food for meals.  Possibly order take out.  Take the dogs on walks.  Not a lot of exposure to us or by us.

Like OTB, I work with many restaurants, bars, hotels, breweries, and wineries.  I have been working from home more but everyone seems somewhat cautious.

I was just speaking with one owner of a small restaurant who is going to remove half of his tables and set up his others for pick up only (they will also bring the order to the car).

They cancelled my 10-year-old's school, starting tomorrow. I kept him home today, after staying home all weekend. I told my MIL (60s) not to come by to watch him while I work. Will have my 19-year-old nephew watch him instead. I have to work- RN in a local ICU.

I have another nephew living with me for a few months while he gets some money saved for his own place. I had a talk with him last night about how serious things are getting, and the best way to prevent the spread is to isolate. He has a girlfriend that spends pretty much every night over here- I'd really prefer she stayed away for the next several weeks, but am not sure if that's an overreaction. 

My reason is twofold: first, my safety and my kid's safety. Second, she lives with her grandparents (late 60s, grandpa has health issues) and I am at very high risk for being exposed to the virus thru work.

What would you do?
Have the GF stay with you if her grandparents don’t “need” her. Depends on how well she is able to isolate. There’s no chance they don’t see each other. 

Far. Put mail in the over at 220 for 10 minutes today to disinfect. Every package gets left outside for an hour, then given thorough wipe down with Clorox wipes. Got fresh produce and washed with soap before it went in the fridge. 

Even in walks, won’t go with 15 feet of anyone. 

Taking it very seriously.
I haven’t heard about the mail thing. Wouldn’t it be safer just to wait 3-4 days before opening

I’m like the only one using the subway or the train. I pretty much think of it as government concierge service at this point.

Meh, still living life mainly normally. I'm younger though. I'm not the type to get out too much anyways so it works for me. Gaming with friends has been my social outlet.

Kids' school off until the 27th, figuring they will extend that.

My company has yet to issue the WFH decree.  I will get absolutely nothing done if I'm home.  Small house, no dedicated office, kids will be bugging the crap outta me.  I would probably work from my parents' house for a few hours at least.  Crossing that bridge at some point, I suspect.

We walked to Smart & Final yesterday to see what was left on the shelves. Got some chips, cereal, fruit.  Milk and bread were completely picked clean.  

Went out on Saturday night and crowds seemed "normal".  I figure that will change dramatically, but not planning on going out anywhere with "crowds" for at least a couple of weeks.

I went to the gym early this morning, but kept 6ft away from anyone else. I knew I was pushing the envelope, so wasn’t going to go anymore. The state of MD closed all gyms at 5pm. 

Friday and Saturday I had trouble finding a parking spot and all the classes were packed (I don’t do classes). 
Pretty sure all gyms in Michigan closed today.

I have a home gym I work out every morning at and walk my dogs 3-4 miles every night so I am used to working out alone.   My daughters will go crazy as they go to the gym at least 5 days a week.

My wife is off work for at least a month and I can work from home but we usually hit happy hour in our town 1-2 times a week and hang out with some friends.    I always look forward to and will miss that.

Drove though town tonight where all the bars and restaurants are and it was a ghost town.

I have an additive personality.  I work out 6 days a week.  I am worried with too much down time I will start drinking more out of boredom.  I can only binge watch TV for 2-3 hours tops.  

Aside from the essentials are you isolating yourself from family that doesn't live with you, friends, neighbors, etc.?
been doing this for 3 weeks.  only exceptions,  groceries or other stores for supplies

problem is keeping my 18 yr old daughter from just going everywhere,  she doesn't get it

Taking this very very seriously. We stocked up slowly over the last month or so but we've got enough food to last two months minimum. Keeping the one year old home from daycare indefinitely, wife works from home permanently, and my company essentially banned everyone from the office so I'm at home too. I don't plan on leaving the house other than going out to the backyard or walks around the neighborhood until May. There is a grocery store within walking distance, if we have to we can go there during odd hours and disinfect when we get home but I hope it isn't necessary.

edit: wife and I are 35 and healthy. We're just not messing around with this one. I don't want to get it and require hospitalization and be the reason some 65 year old doesn't get ventilation. 

I'm an anti-social, 58 yr old, single guy. I have been happily practicing isolation for over a year not counting holiday, trips to vegas and tahoe. So I cut those things out, hoard food and bidets. I am being as safe as Ham, and it is no problem.

Have enough food and supplies for 2 weeks. Work with 5 other people working at a place with 40 greenhouses out in the country on about 100 acres.  Just going to go back and forth to work unless someone there comes down with the virus.

I’m still having family over. Did Sunday dinner with son, daughter in law and granddaughter. Pretty much just that though. I have my tax spot on Thurs. Will go but honestly I won’t touch a thing and may wear gloves and a mask while sitting on the other side of the room. 

Debating whether to go to Club Champion to hit golf balls in a nay with track man for an hour. Nobody in the place but owner and can keep away. Touch nothing but my clubs. Have 3 free sessions and it’s pouring here. Have Peleton so workouts are covered.  I’m good re shopping for awhile. 

Live in Bay Area, which just announced nearly full lockdown.  Wife and I both working from home (but in sales, and clients are tough to pin down right now).  Kids home from school and moving to Google Classroom.  Parents quarantined with enough food to get until May.  We could use some more but no need to rush out at the moment.  Need to determine what to do with the cleaning lady and nanny, but anticipate sending them away for the foreseeable future.  We're not leaving the house with the exception of taking the dog for a walk.

I went out with my girl to the movies Saturday night. To minimize risk we made sure to bring sanitizer and some wipes, along with making sure we went to the last showing of the evening at 930. Worked out perfectly, we had the entire theatre to ourselves. Just us two in the entire showroom.

My reason is twofold: first, my safety and my kid's safety. Second, she lives with her grandparents (late 60s, grandpa has health issues) and I am at very high risk for being exposed to the virus thru work. I don't want to be the cause of this spreading to other people, so I am being as strict as possible about limiting my interactions with people.

What would you do?
I am a psych nurse working with pretty sick (mentally) patients.  They dont comply with anything.  I am quite likely to get this virus.

That said I am not going to isolate from my family, nor does my wife want me to.  With schools shut down it's not like they will spread it to a lot of people if I were to bring it home and give it to them.    I have a 4 year old and 15 year old.

I went out with my girl to the movies Saturday night. To minimize risk we made sure to bring sanitizer and some wipes, along with making sure we went to the last showing of the evening at 930. Worked out perfectly, we had the entire theatre to ourselves. Just us two in the entire showroom.
I would think theaters would be closed

Wife and I are 37. School is closed and my wife can work from home so we are pretty much just staying home for at a minimum of 3 weeks. There might be grocery or pharmacy run (I still have to decide if I want to take my humira shot) but that is it. I am not visiting friends or family. I also believe there is a somewhat realistic chance that both my wife and I were exposed to it over the last 3 weeks. 

I'm 47 and avoiding everybody.  I went to the store today but basically treated everybody else as if they were vampires and washed my hands as soon as I got home and again after I unpacked/stored everything.  I have not exchanged a single word in person with anybody outside of my immediate family since Friday.

In the meantime, my wife is mad that our gym is closed and she's thinking about taking out a one-month membership at the gym up the road to get by.  And my 18 year old daughter's friend keeps coming over, except when they go out to lunch together or when they go out for coffee or when they hang out at the friend's house.  So really I might as well as just toss some coronavirus in with my morning coffee because why not.

So really I might as well as just toss some coronavirus in with my morning coffee because why not.
:hifive:

This is how I feel. People in my house keep going out for "necessary" trips. Viruses don't care about necessary trips. They feast on hosts.

G'day!  Hope I've been a pleasant host. 

I'm 47 and avoiding everybody.  I went to the store today but basically treated everybody else as if they were vampires and washed my hands as soon as I got home and again after I unpacked/stored everything.  I have not exchanged a single word in person with anybody outside of my immediate family since Friday.

In the meantime, my wife is mad that our gym is closed and she's thinking about taking out a one-month membership at the gym up the road to get by.  And my 18 year old daughter's friend keeps coming over, except when they go out to lunch together or when they go out for coffee or when they hang out at the friend's house.  So really I might as well as just toss some coronavirus in with my morning coffee because why not.
My wife's freaking out.  The kids (9 and 7) have friends down the street and she is basically nixing them getting together.   I guess that's fine and dandy.

Pretty much life as normal.  Life in NW Iowa so not a huge # of people in this area.  Wife works at a university as a Manager in the food service so she has to go to work no matter what.  The university has closed and is doing online classes until the middle of April right now, but there are approx 75 students on campus that can't leave for various reasons and they still need to be fed.

I am a Service Manager at an Automotive dealer so I have no option to work from home.  We haven't seen business slow down yet, but I imagine that will be coming especially if there is a case reported closer to home.  

Kids are out of school for one month after governor gave the order.  We are staying away from our parents. Wife's father is 70+ and has been battling cancer for 10 years so is immune system is very bad.  We go to the store if her parents need something then put it in their garage.  My mother is in a nursing home which as been closed down for a week and who knows when it will open, so I don't plan on being able to see her anytime soon. I try to talk to her on the phone, but she is in the home because she had a stroke so she doesn't like to talk on the phone.

We will see how it all plays out, but until there is a county or state wide lock down, it looks like it will be not much changing for the snellman household.

Thankfully my job affords me a fair degree of isolation, and my church has moved to online video for the time being, so combined with continuing to wash my hands(seriously, what heathen doesn't do that?), I'm about as safe as reasonably could be.

I'm a general pediatrician so cannot work from home.   I see at least 20 coughing, febrile infants and toddlers every day---30+/day the past few weeks.

I've been wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) for the past 3 weeks, well before many of my colleagues, because I'm old (52) and have moderate asthma.  Sadly, due to some political #### I will not get into in this thread, we cannot procure the proper PPE recommended by CDC.  N95 face masks/respirators are not available for most outpatient practices on the front line of this pandemic in this country---PATHETIC.  ERs and hospitals have them but even they are feeling crunched.  Not to mention the ICU beds and ventilators.  

So, bottom line, I expect to contract this virus.  I'm trying to sanitize before leaving the office and coming home to my wife (also 52) and my 77 year old mother in law living in my basement.  My 20 year old daughter's college is shut down until at least May so she will be home with us for the next 2 months as well.  I also worry about exposing her.  We'll likely have her move in with her older sister in Los Angeles to avoid me  :sadbanana: .  

Users who are viewing this thread