What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

disparity in testing (1 Viewer)

Snorkelson

Footballguy
A couple articles/threads out there that illustrate some disparity for famous people. Lots of people can’t get tested, but the whole nets team gets tested. Who is making these decisions? I swear, if I need a test I’m calling the hospital with my best Tom Izzo impression asking for a test.

A couple articles/threads out there that illustrate some disparity for famous people. Lots of people can’t get tested, but the whole nets team gets tested. Who is making these decisions? I swear, if I need a test I’m calling the hospital with my best Tom Izzo impression asking for a test.
It's total BS.

It's these same rich guys that say they're on your side (the regular joe).  Remember that next time Bernie, Joe, Trump or any dang celebrity talk about fighting for you.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure why we go through this exercise everytime but we do.

Yes.  The rich powerful and well connected have better access to things than the general public.  This is not new.  It isnt changing.  Get used to it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure we go through this exercise everytime but we do.

Yes.  The rich powerful and well connected have better access to things than the general public.  This is not new.  It isnt changing.  Get used to it. 
And, most of all, it certainly not confined to one side or the other.  This is where the parties are unified.

It matches how we would react as a public. If they say a retired law professor from Skokie, Illinois has succumbed to Corona virus, it’s just another statistic. If famous movie star or former all start point guard passes from it then the country flips out and goes into mourning. 

It matches how we would react as a public. If they say a retired law professor from Skokie, Illinois has succumbed to Corona virus, it’s just another statistic. If famous movie star or former all start point guard passes from it then the country flips out and goes into mourning. 
Briefly.  Then the young cry about it on social media till they're blue in the face.  And the rich chuckle to themselves while they watch those young people sit at home on voting day cause they were too busy hashtagging

Briefly.  Then the young cry about it on social media till they're blue in the face.  And the rich chuckle to themselves while they watch those young people sit at home on voting day cause they were too busy hashtagging
Ok I’ll side step that digression and just we as a public we don’t react the same when a non-famous person is sick or dies as we do when it happens to a famous person so it shouldn’t surprise us when medical professionals or other powers at be react the same.

Ok I’ll side step that digression and just we as a public we don’t react the same when a non-famous person is sick or dies as we do when it happens to a famous person so it shouldn’t surprise us when medical professionals or other powers at be react the same.
You said that already.  I wont repeat my post tho

What's the point of being rich and powerful if you get equal treatment with the average people?

It has been pointed out on a few sites that while it seems unfair that the Jazz all got tested right away when no one else had access, this directly resulted in the NBA, MLB, NHL, suspending their seasons. This started a dominoes effect of other closings, so in essence, it was what got our collective attention to the severity and seriousness of the situation when words like hoax were being bandied about by govt leaders and media.

Users who are viewing this thread