What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Kung Flu" offensive phrase- oboy, here we go! (1 Viewer)

Probably not...since it didn't originate there...we should change that name, right?
Weird, we go over 100 years where “Spanish flu” is not even moderately offensive, but use the phrase “Chinese flu” for week and people take umbrage. The CCP PR Department is working overtime on this one.

Weird, we go over 100 years where “Spanish flu” is not even moderately offensive, but use the phrase “Chinese flu” for week and people take umbrage. The CCP PR Department is working overtime on this one.
Yes. Odd how Spanish Flu from that long ago isn't as big of a concern as basically one man calling it something now.  So crazy.

You are aware, I am sure that in 1918 there were few Spaniards in the US and it was not reported that they suffered any discrimination in this country because the epidemic was referred to as the Spanish Flu. 

There are however many Asian Americans who are reporting being the subject of racial attacks following the use of the term Chinese Virus.

And Trump just now, just called it The Virus and not The Chinese Virus in recognition of the racism that had been caused by this characterization of this virus. And he went out of his way to stress that Asian people should not be held responsible for this. 

You are aware, I am sure that in 1918 there were few Spaniards in the US and it was not reported that they suffered any discrimination in this country because the epidemic was referred to as the Spanish Flu. 

There are however many Asian Americans who are reporting being the subject of racial attacks following the use of the term Chinese Virus.

And Trump just now, just called it The Virus and not The Chinese Virus in recognition of the racism that had been caused by this characterization of this virus. And he went out of his way to stress that Asian people should not be held responsible for this. 
Just because it originated in China the Asian people are not held responsible.  If they are by who?

I work with many Asians and I have not heard anything and nobody has said squat about them being responsible for anything.  The people who are holding them responsible are the same that would hold them responsible if they got food poisoning at a Chinese restaurant here.

Just because it originated in China the Asian people are not held responsible.  If they are by who?

I work with many Asians and I have not heard anything and nobody has said squat about them being responsible for anything.  The people who are holding them responsible are the same that would hold them responsible if they got food poisoning at a Chinese restaurant here.
See Trump's comments at the task force daily briefing today for some enlightenment. 

I've started hearing the term Trump's Pandemic being bandied about.  Maybe being used more to describe his political misfortune.  

“If I don’t have a personal experience with racism it does not exist.”  Amazing.

note:  not an actual quote.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr Phil did a PSA that said something like "Dealing with this horrible virus that originated in China"  Is that OK verbiage?

Dr Phil did a PSA that said something like "Dealing with this horrible virus that originated in China"  Is that OK verbiage?
Depends. Typically you want PSAs to only give out relevant information. Where the virus originated is not relevant- so it begs the question- what is the purpose for including it?

Depends. Typically you want PSAs to only give out relevant information. Where the virus originated is not relevant- so it begs the question- what is the purpose for including it?
Just found it.  It was recorded a couple of weeks ago.  Dr. Phil said the Corona/Covid 19 virus that started in China is now expanding across the globe and about taking safety measures.   I guess that is OK

Dr. Phil audio available here.

First 17 seconds transcribed by me:

"A health threat anywhere is a health threat everywhere. I'm Dr. Phil. A new coronavirus outbreak called COVID -19, started in China and is spreading to many countries including the US. It's critical to get the facts about how to protect our friends and loved ones.

Users who are viewing this thread