What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Trey Sermon, Colts (2 Viewers)

I’m not crazy enough to start him or anything but Hasty was a dynasty sleeper of mine from last year that I hung onto, and I still like him for when Mostert inevitably snaps a tibia or something after a tantalizing 200/2 game.
Hasty was actually sitting on our wire, and I grabbed him this week. I have Wilson, too. I'm waiting for the injury game to shake in SF before I get rid of these guys. They're spot start worthy.

I'm watching a bit of this game. These rushing numbers are highly inflated by the Lions :lol:

Will be a fantasy mess all year in SF backfield it seems. Mix in Trey getting plays inside the 20 as well.

You follow ADP to know WHERE the crowd goes when making your draft plan….

Did u predict Sermon would be inactive today Nostradamus????

And if so why?
That's not what the advice was.

The advice was if your not sure (ambiguous backfield) to follow the crowd.

Might as well let a robot decide for you then.

As far as me predicting Sermon would be inactive week one? Of course not.

What I did say is I did not like Sermon at the price he was going.

Stay classy.

Hasty was actually sitting on our wire, and I grabbed him this week. I have Wilson, too. I'm waiting for the injury game to shake in SF before I get rid of these guys. They're spot start worthy.
Absolutely, I also stashed Wilson (on IR) to see what things are looking like when he gets healthy. The only way this group isn’t a RBBC mess is if injuries continue to clarify things as the season goes on. And that’s a very possible outcome. 

So, in the case that Mostert is out for a while, this dude has to be active next week. Question is where in the pecking order he’ll be. It was the Mitchell show today. Hasty was an afterthought. Who knows what the madman Young Shanny will cook up. But I have to think he’s right in the mix with Mitchell next week. His lack of Teams play won’t be a factor if Mostert is out. 

And this is of course the reason Mostert fell down draft boards and were people high on Sermon (too high, most likely). It was never a question of if, but when, Mostert got hurt. And this was fast even by his standards.

So, in the case that Mostert is out for a while, this dude has to be active next week. Question is where in the pecking order he’ll be. It was the Mitchell show today. Hasty was an afterthought. Who knows what the madman Young Shanny will cook up. But I have to think he’s right in the mix with Mitchell next week. His lack of Teams play won’t be a factor if Mostert is out. 

And this is of course the reason Mostert fell down draft boards and were people high on Sermon (too high, most likely). It was never a question of if, but when, Mostert got hurt. And this was fast even by his standards.
I am a Sermon owner and I absolutely agree that Mostert cannot be relied upon. 

However Mitchell was not a healthy scratch, for whatever reason, and he  got high volume & maximized his opportunities.

Right now the only thing Sermon has going for him is he was drafted three rounds ahead of Mitchell.  That means something in May but goes out the window in September.

massraider said:
People daydream about being the #1 back for SF, and stopped actually looking at the player. Not everyone, but a lot of people. 

I watched some college runs, and I was very meh. 
I think Waldman ranking Sermon as his #1 RB in the draft before SF took him also played a role in it. It’s a long season though. 

Everybody should be devising plans on how to get Sermon shares.   

The question is will his value be lower right now or after next Sunday?

What a disaster for redraft. If mostert out a while, am I really spending big faab $$$$ on Mitchell? 3rd round draft capital but not enough to be active on GameDay?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sermon and Aiyuk will be back.

They're too good not to be.

I'd bet they missed curfew. There's no other reason for it. Bad move, guys.

With Mostert out for 8 weeks or so you have to imagine Sermon will be on the game day roster.

Although I think it's Mitchell's job to lose now.

With Mostert out for 8 weeks or so you have to imagine Sermon will be on the game day roster.

Although I think it's Mitchell's job to lose now.
In a straight waiver league, if you were #1 in the waiver list, would you act now, or wait for something better down the road? Assuming no major deficiencies at any position, but knowing that RBs get hurt more often.

In a straight waiver league, if you were #1 in the waiver list, would you act now, or wait for something better down the road? Assuming no major deficiencies at any position, but knowing that RBs get hurt more often.
Honestly, I have no idea.

TripItUp said:
exactly...
If Sermon had played yesterday and fumbled or missed some key pass blocks, MAYBE I could see a reason to drop him. But dropping him before we even see him in a real game is insanity.

I hesitate to overreact to one game.  But worry as to WHY Sermon was an inactive.  If they would report it due to some punishment for missing a team meeting or the like I would be less concerned.  What it Mitchell IS the better back?

I have Sermon.  I am not dumping him.  But if Williams shows to be THE back in Bal tonight I might dump Murray and try to claim Mitchell so I have both front runners for SF lead back.

I hesitate to overreact to one game.  But worry as to WHY Sermon was an inactive.  If they would report it due to some punishment for missing a team meeting or the like I would be less concerned. 

There are rumors that Shanny is sending a message to Sermon, but the Niners do like Elijah.

Users who are viewing this thread