What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's play an online poker tournament tonight? (6 Viewers)

I messed up. I thought they were still scheduled at 5 after the hour with a 10 minute late reg.  I was taking care of the dogs and missed the deadline. Oh well, see you at Omaha.

Has anyone seen any HU PLO8 SNG's besides Bovada/Ignition? This is kind of my go-to for playing poker now, as it keeps my attention and the rake is very manageable (51.2% win-rate is breakeven).

Been playing a lot of HU SNG's lately for PLO8 (730 pst is a rough time for me, not that I don't love y'all), and on Ignition/Bovada it's completely anonymous, but you start to recognize in a pretty specialized game the same few guys over and over. Guy tonight was overall tough to wear down, but he had some leaks, he barely raised from the button (I think I raise about 60% of the time as the dealer, but that's a pure estimate. He raised about 10% from the button, and subsequently I was pretty tight with what I defended with), he almost always bet full pot postflop, and even though he didn't raise pf much, he would 3-bet (and essentially ship AI) with really weird hands. QQ55, Q488 (ss), but even with solid a2xx hands on my part (underrated piece of an o8 hand, btw, is your kicker for your axxx hands), i was still 60/40-ish. You grind and grind and grind in a HU, and ultimately even if the guy ships super-light, you're still doing just somewhat better than a coinflip.

That said, a good way to get better is to go back through your big/biggish hands from a game and run the %'s. Look at two pair/no low on the flop vs. low draw/flush draw hands, or set vs. low draw/straight draw, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread