Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Let's play an online poker tournament tonight?


Nipsey

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

Sent it to your dad, oops.  He's MW, and you're GW correct?

Strange that GW in real life is mwoot on PS. And MW in real life is... Duckzz.

#### just doesn’t add up.

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On Pokerstars, i was already a member of 3 Private Home Clubs (with 1 of them where i was the Club Manager)

Well, i wanted to set up a 4th club as the Club Manager for a different set of friends................and just found out that Pokerstars has a limit.

======================Max # Create========Max # You can Join
If you are using a .COM:         2                                     10
If you are using a .NET:          1                                     3

Who knew?   Anyone else come across this as a problem?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi poker friends my buddy has put together a golf tourney to support military veterans that can be played from anywhere, the donation fee puts you in the drawings to win the prizes, the leader board is for bragging rights since it would be impossible to catch cheaters. I take credit for the idea but mine was much simpler. Thank you for reading.

https://vetsmobiledentalunit.org/social-distance-shotgun-golf-tournament/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, CGRdrJoe said:

Hi poker friends my buddy has put together a golf tourney to support military veterans that can be played from anywhere, the donation fee puts you in the drawings to win the prizes, the leader board is for bragging rights since it would be impossible to catch cheaters. I take credit for the idea but mine was much simpler. Thank you for reading.

https://vetsmobiledentalunit.org/social-distance-shotgun-golf-tournament/

Done! Great cause.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, CGRdrJoe said:

Hi poker friends my buddy has put together a golf tourney to support military veterans that can be played from anywhere, the donation fee puts you in the drawings to win the prizes, the leader board is for bragging rights since it would be impossible to catch cheaters. I take credit for the idea but mine was much simpler. Thank you for reading.

https://vetsmobiledentalunit.org/social-distance-shotgun-golf-tournament/

Done GB!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Nips,

Thank you for contacting Stars support.

We appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback.

We can confirm that changes to the Home Game setup were intentional.

However, we are closely monitoring feedback from our players and consider all suggestions that are sent our way.

I have forwarded your message to our management team for further review.

Thank you for playing with us and best of luck at the tables!

Regards,

Dilyana
Stars Support

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry guys, my local "home game" group got me to join up on America's Cardroom where I can play cash games.... something I really prefer over tourney style.

So I've been MIA the past month or so.  I'm not sure if I'll pop in to try a tournament anytime soon but it's a possibility.  

Hope y'all are enjoying the games and I do miss playing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Nipsey said:

Hello Nips,

Thank you for contacting Stars support.

We appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback.

We can confirm that changes to the Home Game setup were intentional.

However, we are closely monitoring feedback from our players and consider all suggestions that are sent our way.

I have forwarded your message to our management team for further review.

Thank you for playing with us and best of luck at the tables!

Regards,

Dilyana
Stars Support

What was this about?

 

woot, whatever you guys think is fine with me. I prefer fewer days if it means more players when we do play. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got a message this morning from AT&T that "my (disconnection) issue has been rectified". Screwed around a little with play money today and didn't disconnect once. Cautiously optimistic for tonight. Our long national nightmare may be in the rear-view. 🙏

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

On June 17th we made some updates to Home Games which give you more options for your tournaments.

However, for about one week prior to the launch of the new update, all tournaments were 'fast' with no option to change this. It was a side-effect of the update, not something we planned on doing intentionally, and we do apologize for this.

With the update, Home Games more closely resemble the regular tournaments on the site, letting you now set up your tourneys with the following options:

BLIND LEVELS

Hyper (3 minutes)
Turbo (5 minutes)
Regular (10 minutes)
Slow (15 minutes)

STARTING CHIP STACKS

3,000
5,000
10,000

LATE REGISTRATION (Automatically linked to the speed selected):

Hyper – 18 minutes
Turbo – 30 minutes
Regular – 60 minutes
Slow – 90 minutes

We hope you enjoy the new changes and your tournaments are able to get back to the regular number of players you were used to.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Regards,

Tyler
Stars Support


 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kutta said:

I think that would make the Hold 'em game too long and it will run into the Omaha game. I don't think we should mess with it.

ok, but with all the donks shoving all the time now, there hasn't been a NL game come within 30 minutes of the Omaha game for about 2 weeks now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

ok, but with all the donks shoving all the time now, there hasn't been a NL game come within 30 minutes of the Omaha game for about 2 weeks now.

Is that because we haven't had a good turnout?

Also, with family life and all that BS, it's good to know the time commitment is only a little over an hour for that game.

But honestly, I'm good with anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kutta said:

Is that because we haven't had a good turnout?

Also, with family life and all that BS, it's good to know the time commitment is only a little over an hour for that game.

But honestly, I'm good with anything.

We had 14 two night ago and don't think it made it to Omaha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

NL game.... should starting chips be raised from 5k to 10K?

@kutta  @CGRdrJoe  @Nipsey @Don't Noonan   any others chime in please....

I've been playing cash games (my preference) on America's Cardroom the past month or so, but if you guys up the starting chip level and/or slowed down the blind/ante increases, I'd be more inclined to play.  The games went too quick IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

I've been playing cash games (my preference) on America's Cardroom the past month or so, but if you guys up the starting chip level and/or slowed down the blind/ante increases, I'd be more inclined to play.  The games went too quick IMO.

that had nothing with you going all in so quick?:D

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

I would probably prefer to keep it at 5000 and no rebuy for no limit.  I would like to go back to 10 minute late registration too but it looks like that isn't an option.

Can go down to 18 minute late reg, but requires 3 minute levels instead of 5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

that had nothing with you going all in so quick?:D

Eh, I can only count one time I made a bad all-in play in my 7-8 times playin with y'all.  Damn AQ.  Yes, I remember.  :coffee:

I think it's just that my style of play doesn't lend itself to tourney with fast blind/ante increases.  I'm a grinder.  :)  

Still, I like gettin' together with y'all and trying my luck out.  I'll probably check in again.  I've just been having fun (and success) in the cash game format the past month or so.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CGRdrJoe said:

What if we switch it from turbo to  regular to slow the ante/blind. The current structure sucks and leads to all ins within a half hour.

It's on Turbo right now.  Regular would have a 60 minute late reg.

LATE REGISTRATION (Automatically linked to the speed selected):

Hyper – 18 minutes
Turbo – 30 minutes
Regular – 60 minutes
Slow – 90 minutes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...