Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Let's play an online poker tournament tonight?

7 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

I knew I was going to win $$$$ so I didn't bother  ;)

Sorry, my bad.  I jumped into the 1st tourney late and hadn't kept up with the thread for payment.  You can definitely take it out of winnings.  Would you rather just keep it and use it for future tournaments as I plan on playing more or just send it and we'll keep doing transactions each time?  Whatever you think is easiest, doesn't matter to me.

I'll just pay it out. It's easier that way - too much trouble to track it.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright. Great job everyone! Everyone paid with no real issues. All winners should be paid out now. If you think you have money coming, or if you think I sent the wrong amount, let me know.

Hey fellas, just so everyone knows for some reason PokerStars isn't allowing late registration for these tournaments now. Just looking at twitter I think they've had some bugs allowing some late regis

Yes he did!

12 hours ago, The Scorpion said:

Tourney #1 results

$ 460

45.0% $ 207 $173 wonderston (Chop)

30.0% $138   $172 dback66  (Chop)

15.0% $69      $69 UniAlias

10.0% $46      $46gianmarco00

These are the amounts I'm going with for the first tournament.

12 hours ago, The Scorpion said:

Results from Holdem #2

$ 320

50.0% $160   $128 FBGDRZ (Chopped)

30.0% $96   $128 dback66 (Chopped)

20.0% $64    $64  gianmarco00

And this is what I'm going with for the second tournament.

Damn dback66 (@The Scorpion)  - nice work last night.

Edited by kutta
  • Like 1

Alright. Great job everyone! Everyone paid with no real issues.

All winners should be paid out now. If you think you have money coming, or if you think I sent the wrong amount, let me know.

It's not that hard to manage the money, just takes a little time. For future payments:

1. Let's use PayPal only. It's too hard to use different payment methods. A lot of folks know each other on here, so maybe the non-PayPal people can pay a friend and then they can PayPal the banker.

2. When using PayPal, do NOT put anything about poker, gambling, etc. in the comments.

3. When sending money, put both your PokerStars name AND your FBG name in the comments.

Let's keep this going - it's a lot of fun.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
28 minutes ago, kutta said:

Alright. Great job everyone! Everyone paid with no real issues.

All winners should be paid out now. If you think you have money coming, or if you think I sent the wrong amount, let me know.

It's not that hard to manage the money, just takes a little time. For future payments:

1. Let's use PayPal only. It's too hard to use different payment methods. A lot of folks know each other on here, so maybe the non-PayPal people can pay a friend and then they can PayPal the banker.

2. When using PayPal, do NOT put anything about poker, gambling, etc. in the comments.

3. When sending money, put both your PokerStars name AND your FBG name in the comments.

Let's keep this going - it's a lot of fun.

Good luck with that :wadeboggs:

• Laughing 3
2 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

Wow, that's a great turnout.  I remember the days of struggling to get 5 people or so.

It was.

Can we also get a running list of PS names with FBG names so we know who's who (if it's not obvious)?

3 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

It was.

Can we also get a running list of PS names with FBG names so we know who's who (if it's not obvious)?

a google doc with this and pay pal addresses, so if @kutta isn't banker, it can be easy for all to pay out at end of day.

• Like 2
Just now, Getzlaf15 said:

a google doc with this and pay pal addresses, so if @kutta isn't banker, it can be easy for all to pay out at end of day.

Also, I'm happy to bank as needed.  Even if not playing for the night, I can settle it out the following morning as needed.

37 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

That should have been said last night in this thread. LOL

I meant a Google doc with all the addresses listed. Let's not do that.

Edited by Nipsey
37 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

Wow, that's a great turnout.  I remember the days of struggling to get 5 people or so.

This Corona Virus is good for something!

• Laughing 1

So I may seem like a tight ### but I did not want to spend $3 to buy fake chips. A couple hours before kickoff last night I had 11K chips after playing around familiarizing myself with the PS software, I needed 9k more to make the entry fee for the real money tourney put together here. All I could think of was Lee Trevino when he said, "real pressure is when you're playing $5 a hole with only $2 in your pocket."

So I went out into sit and gos and pounded out 10K to make entry. All to save $3.

And yes, I lost $20 coming in at #6.  But it was really fun and I look forward to tonite.

1 minute ago, Joe Mammy said:

So I may seem like a tight ### but I did not want to spend $3 to buy fake chips. A couple hours before kickoff last night I had 11K chips after playing around familiarizing myself with the PS software, I needed 9k more to make the entry fee for the real money tourney put together here. All I could think of was Lee Trevino when he said, "real pressure is when you're playing $5 a hole with only $2 in your pocket."

So I went out into sit and gos and pounded out 10K to make entry. All to save $3.

And yes, I lost $20 coming in at #6.  But it was really fun and I look forward to tonite.

Lol...this is something stupid I would do.

That's awesome 

:unsure: let me go see how many chips I have

5 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

You can get $15k in free chips every 4 hours if you click the button at the top of the app that says "Free Chips".

Just now, DaVinci said:

You can get $15k in free chips every 4 hours if you click the button at the top of the app that says "Free Chips".

Ah yes, thankfully I checked in around 4:00 and my timer says I'll be eligible for more very soon. Can it be set any lower?

4 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

I have enough chips to dump after shooting the lock off my wallet for the $2.99 last night  :)

Let me know if anyone wants to go that route and the easiest way to do so.

Lot better value with the 2.6Billion chips for $499.99

Edited by comfortably numb
  • Like 1

I think the 1st time you enter one of their tourneys you get auto credited 50k chips. At least I did or so it seemed. 

they have tourneys for as low as 10K chips and for free entertainment I have played a few. I think I have cashed in all but one of them just not being dumb. 

Edited by Angry Beavers
13 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

How do we know if we've been approved? Is there something visible once you are? I don't want to keep spamming this thread.

If you click Home Games on the bottom right it should take you to the area where the FBG club is.  I don't see any pending requests, so you should be good.

1 hour ago, Ben & Jerry's said:

Do I want PokerStars Lite or PokerStars Play ?

You will need to install the PC application on the Pokerstars website.  I'm not familiar with Lite vs Play, but it sounds like these may be options in the App Store?  Unfortunately the PS App doesn't allow for home games.

23 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

How do we know if we've been approved? Is there something visible once you are? I don't want to keep spamming this thread.

yell UPDATE ME at the monitor, you should get a response back.

• Laughing 1
35 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

my man!  you and me both.  i refuse to buy any chips.  donkey'd off 50k today.  not sure if i'll have enough for tonight. :lmao:  

28 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

i had to restart the game.  it still said applied or whatever, until i restarted it.

1 hour ago, Joe Mammy said:

I got the 50 million deal for 9.99 so I will never have to do it again