What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CoronaVirus - The relationship Ender (1 Viewer)

Angry Beavers

Footballguy
As the divorce thread got axed, let's not discuss anything that goes against what @Joe Bryant intended here at FBG.  The thread was doing pretty well with a mix of humor and serious. Let's try this again. 

I will add that even the strongest of relationships - this quarantine thing is trying. My wife has moved into my home office cause' she is working from home now too. I offered her my setup for a project she was doing. She took that to mean - "Hey, move into my office on a permanent basis for the rest of time. I can be totally effective on just my laptop as opposed to multi screens with my own  home office setup."  I am supposed to travel for work in a couple of weeks - just a couple of states away and while I find it likely it is not going to happen, I find myself increasingly down to go. 

Anyway, I can't wait to go mow the yard...........

Lastly, heard in my house this morning from the 19 year old home from college - "What are we doing today?" " I am like, "What do you mean, we are playing quarantine again."  The reply "Well that sucks".  It just struck me as funny. That's all. 

Why did the other thread get axed?  I didn't see anything in there remotely inappropriate.  Did people report it because of the oatmeal talk?  :confused:

Why did the other thread get axed?  I didn't see anything in there remotely inappropriate.  Did people report it because of the oatmeal talk?  :confused:
Idk

Hopefully a mistake or if a line was crossed.  Delete the post?

Either way...I have some airing of grievances to do!

I guess I can use this thread

My wife has been possessed lately constructing "junk journals". I mean she can spend 12 hours a day working on these things. It took me some time to garner the concept and I'm now convinced it must be a woman thing as I really can't see a guy ever constructing one and then actually using it.

They are like a diary that they can jot thoughts down in on little artfully placed envelopes and other hiding spots within a journal that she actually binded herself. 

So I came in with the mail today and tossed the junk in the trash. She went berserk that I didn't save the junk mail envelopes for her "projects". I'm staying away from mail duty from now on. 

Don't mess with a junk journalist. It can be hazardous.

I posted in the thread which shall not be named earlier today. If that had anything to do with it being axed, I apologize. As I never got to see it again after I posted, I can't say one way or the other.

Good grief I had only read up to page 4 😞 I wish the mods around here weren't so sensitive. I was getting a fair bit of insight from the posters having troubles, the ones offering advice and the ones finding humor. I feel like I have been robbed. 

Idk

Hopefully a mistake or if a line was crossed.  Delete the post?
This

Give us some guidance Joe what did the thread do that warranted the whole thing being deleted?

I hadn't posted in the other thread because my home life is basically the same as summers when the kids are out of school minus the above ground pool. My wife is a nurse at the local State Hospital for mental patients. I work with several locally owned mom and pop pharmacies. My wife works nights and I work days which limits our number of hours at home together and cuts down on the chances of us getting on each others nerves. Those of you being cooped up with your significant others 24/7 have my sympathy. For those of you in a failing relationship my heart goes out to you. 

I was just looking for the divorce thread to show my wife the “how to dispose of the body” post after she just text me a meme about burying the Husband in the garden.  

It’s sad that Joe can’t  just remove the offending post instead of the entire thread. This situation is very trying on some relationships and there will be relationships that end because of it. That is real. We should be able to discuss. 

My wife thought now would be a great time to tear out the carpets in the upstairs rooms and put in some wood-type flooring that snaps together. It's from her friend who is redoing their floors as well. I don't understand why she chose now, I don't enjoy doing the work since I still have a regular job and would like to relax on weekends, but I love her, and if I get it done, I won't have to do it again.

Oatmeal, I love oatmeal and the rest of the family doesn't. So I was sure to stock up on it with my virus supplies. I use old fashioned oats, mix with water and microwave for 2 minutes. I then add brown sugar and some cold milk to get it to eating temperature right away. If I have blueberries or strawberries I add those too. There was a bumper crop of pecans this year so I have been adding those as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other thread was pretty good until the oatmeal crud took over. Is it safe to assume this thread is going to just go straight to the suck with a bunch of oatmeal talk too? I suppose all the good stuff may have already run it's course.

I still get to go to work and enough overtime days to choke a chicken. Other than yardwork and soon painting the bathroom she's holding up fairly well, bored AF but holding up. Hell, I'd have personally gone nuts or continually drank my time away. So yeah I'm essential so I can't kill my liver, someone's gotta make the plastic.
For those of us that are "essential" (I ship booze) and still going into work, how is your spouse holding up? My wife and I have moved into separate bedrooms and I'm semi-quarantined from her and the kids. I tried to pull her close a few days ago and she reacted as if I'd been a masked man in a dark alley.

Take my temperature twice a day (97.5 is my normal in the morning) and am as safe as I can be at work. I'm humoring her and when she needs a break, she relaxes a bit. I miss the kids though and having three kids three and under is wearing her down a bit too.

The other thread was pretty good until the oatmeal crud took over. Is it safe to assume this thread is going to just go straight to the suck with a bunch of oatmeal talk too? I suppose all the good stuff may have already run it's course.
I don't think it had.  Maybe if everyone was back to normal routines, but not while we are still in the middle of the current situation.

Good threads have tangents all the time and drift in and out of the original premise.   Not sure why those tangents would be a reason to ax a pretty good thread.  :shrug:   

i missed all the oatmeal chat.....  I like mine with peanutbutter... maybe a little brown sugar... no milk

My wife is not a morning person...... She no longer finds my calling her sagalicious as endearing as she once did. :kicksrock:

my wife has an allergy to answering questions with a direct response. especially if that direct response could be "yes" or "no".

on the flipside, she also refuses to do anything unless you can get a direct "yes" or "no" response from her.  

she will consistently try to wriggle out of ever having to do things by trying to lawyer her way out of questions.  my kids positively ####### delight in pressing and pressing and pressing until she can't bat away their questions any longer. it's terrific.

just listened to my 9 year old find 20 new ways to ask if mom would take her to the gas station to get milk for cereal. it's a 2 minute drive, or 10 minute walk. instead of hopping in the car and driving down the block, my wife spent 15 minutes angrily fighting off well mannered questions. what a cluster####.

Have my wife and 2 college aged daughters at home now going on several weeks (like many others)
My stress relief coping go-to move has always been to use sarcasm and jokes. 
Anyway, apparently the rest of the family has hit their sarcasm limit today and is now nipping at each other.........to which i replied, "Ok I won't use sarcasm and then immediately labelled today Sarcasm-free Sunday"  :ph34r:

and then, just now:   
My wife was at the fridge getting water from the in-door water dispenser and somehow broke something and now, the water won't STOP.  💧
Imagine water everywhere, handing cup after cup to her to fill them up so water wouldn't hit the floor, pushing buttons on the ctrl panel, pressing the lever in/out not helping
.......finally, trying to pull the fridge away from the wall to get to the water shut off valve
only then finding out that the valve won't budge.........it's stuck/frozen     (water still coming out BTW)
Went to the garage to get a wrench or pliers.........and finally it turns  -->Water stops

I feel like this was an episode of "I Love Lucy" or "Punked"    (sorry, not sorry about using Sarcasm)

Had what I would have to say was our first corona day. Grocery day, the first with masks. We took them along and then studied what others were doing, trying to gauge the crowd. Every one we saw in the lot from our car window had them on, so we donned ours. She hated it from the get go. Hard to breath, directed her exhales up in to her glasses, fogging them. Made it hard to see. After 15 minutes or so of constant #####ing, moaning and complaining, I said "Take it off if it bothers you." By this point, we noted at least 50% or more of people in the store weren't wearing them. Nope, she had it on damnit and wasn't about to take it off. Rather, another 30 minutes of said #####ing, moaning and complaining. It was grating on my nerves.

Finally make  it to the register and she goes off on me because I crossed the six foot "line of death"  between customers putting our items on the belt. She starts berating me loudly enough that I am sure others can hear. I simply turn to her and say "stop talking." Not in a joking manner mind you. I was growing angry. I have never spoken to her like that. Even though it may have been deserved, I don't like that I did it. Or more to the point, I don't like that I felt that way at the time.

A sign of the times to be sure.

Apologize, let her beat you up a bit about it and then make up. Let her know if all this is making you feel stressed or scared or whatever.

Apologize, let her beat you up a bit about it and then make up. Let her know if all this is making you feel stressed or scared or whatever.
If you are responding to my post... she forgot about it by the time we got to the car. It never came up again. Apparently it bothered me more than her. But I still didn't like the feeling.

Should have opened the door
Opening the door was the first thing i tried......and water didn't stop.
I think it's the Water Control Value (in the back panel)  or     the Water Dispenser switch inside the dispense is bad

Wife and I really have a different approach to this whole situation.  She is sick of me trying to get her to wear a mask when she goes to grocery store and wash hands after bringing in groceries. She tells me she’s doing everything she is supposed to do and I need to back off. I’m 50 and have asthma so I have some obvious concerns about catching the virus. Watched my SIL and best friend on a ventilator the past two years and the idea of seeing my wife or being in that position freaks me out. 

Currently my wife meets up with friends to go on a 7 mile walk everyday. She says they stay at least 6 feet apart. For this I have to trust her. 

She believes that groceries or carry out can’t possibly infect us so Friday I bring home carry out pizza, she takes the box from me and immediately opens it and takes out 2 pieces and puts it on a plate for me. I know she thinks she is being helpful but she has the cardboard box in her hands and instantly grabs the pizza with her hands and puts it on  my plate. I tell her I’d prefer that she wash her hands after grabbing the box and she blows up at me. 

Today, she tells me that our friend wants to have  Easter brunch at her house and mybwife wants to go. Says our friend really misses our get together and that it will be outside so we don’t have to be close to each other...just our friend (my best friends widow who goes on the daily walks with my wife) and her three 18-24 year old kids...one of which is returning from South Carolina next Saturday where there is no stay at home order. I love my buddy’s family (so much) but our state is inundated with C-19 cases right now (Michigan) and I’d prefer we keep our distance especially with my asthma. However, if I express this opinion my wife is going to lose it.

To me my wife’s social needs are taking precedent over our safety but maybe I’m over reacting.  To her I’m being a hypochondriac and overreacting. I just don’t get it. Am I nuts?

As mentioned before my wife refuses to see my side so I’m prepared to call my buddy’s widow to put a stop to the whole brunch idea. I feel like I’m surrounded by a bunch of morons. 

Thoughts?  

Wife and I really have a different approach to this whole situation.  She is sick of me trying to get her to wear a mask when she goes to grocery store and wash hands after bringing in groceries. She tells me she’s doing everything she is supposed to do and I need to back off. I’m 50 and have asthma so I have some obvious concerns about catching the virus. Watched my SIL and best friend on a ventilator the past two years and the idea of seeing my wife or being in that position freaks me out. 

Currently my wife meets up with friends to go on a 7 mile walk everyday. She says they stay at least 6 feet apart. For this I have to trust her. 

She believes that groceries or carry out can’t possibly infect us so Friday I bring home carry out pizza, she takes the box from me and immediately opens it and takes out 2 pieces and puts it on a plate for me. I know she thinks she is being helpful but she has the cardboard box in her hands and instantly grabs the pizza with her hands and puts it on  my plate. I tell her I’d prefer that she wash her hands after grabbing the box and she blows up at me. 

Today, she tells me that our friend wants to have  Easter brunch at her house and mybwife wants to go. Says our friend really misses our get together and that it will be outside so we don’t have to be close to each other...just our friend (my best friends widow who goes on the daily walks with my wife) and her three 18-24 year old kids...one of which is returning from South Carolina next Saturday where there is no stay at home order. I love my buddy’s family (so much) but our state is inundated with C-19 cases right now (Michigan) and I’d prefer we keep our distance especially with my asthma. However, if I express this opinion my wife is going to lose it.

To me my wife’s social needs are taking precedent over our safety but maybe I’m over reacting.  To her I’m being a hypochondriac and overreacting. I just don’t get it. Am I nuts?

As mentioned before my wife refuses to see my side so I’m prepared to call my buddy’s widow to put a stop to the whole brunch idea. I feel like I’m surrounded by a bunch of morons. 

Thoughts?  

no, she is

I’m 50 and have asthma so I have some obvious concerns about catching the virus.

Thoughts?  
Your wife is self-centered and uncaring, putting your life at risk for no reason other than her own selfish needs. Seriously, this is probably one of the saddest posts I have read this entire thread. 

You have no choice but to tell her simply and in a straightforward manner, you aren't comfortable with the outing, you aren't comfortable with her going to the outing, and you need her to stop putting her uncaring behavior in front of your wanting not to die. I feel for you, I really do. I can't imagine being married to someone that cared so little for my own personal well-being.

Users who are viewing this thread