What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pretty...Pretty Good "Ain't No Sunshine" Covers (1 Viewer)

mon

(T)ool
Um, hello? Anybody still here? I don't think I've logged in in about ten years. Anyway, virus, yada yada yada.

Found some good covers to Ain't No Sunshine. I love the first two, the rest are good, I think. Millions of covers out there -- if you find a really good one, post it here.

Ain't No Sunshine covers

RIP Bill. 

mon

well, where da hell you been keepin yourself, ol' pal? Time travelling w Mr Vonnegut & Winston Niles Rumfoord, i hope

Just a quick FYI note and lament. Bill Withers' Greatest Hits was a Mobile Fidelity re-release before his death. It was lovingly done and truly respected the work. It was cut straight from analog tapes on to vinyl, curated, and reasonably priced at $34.95 for their efforts.

Now it's sold out and the death profiteers are charging $90 for it on Discogs. Color me disgusted.

But let's leave this on a happy note: color me happy for this thread. Nice to see Bill Withers getting some love. Some great Withers stories and a little discussion over in the RIP thread for anyone interested. Withers seems like a singular figure in a tough industry. Good for him for making his way and getting his due.

What lovely songs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quick FYI note and lament. Bill Withers' Greatest Hits was a Mobile Fidelity re-release before his death. It was lovingly done and truly respected the work. It was cut straight from analog tapes on to vinyl, curated, and reasonably priced at $34.95 for their efforts.

Now it's sold out and the death profiteers are charging $90 for it on Discogs. Color me disgusted.

But let's leave this on a happy note: color me happy for this thread. Nice to see Bill Withers getting some love. Some great Withers stories and a little discussion over in the RIP thread for anyone interested. Withers seems like a singular figure in a tough industry. Good for him for making his way and getting his due.

What lovely songs!
Lovely songs indeed. I've always thought Ain't No Sunshine was one of the greatest songs of all time. Huge fan. Thanks for the info here, that re-release sounds amazing and I'm sure they'll be cutting more and the price will go back down. I'll just have to wait. I'll check out the other thread.

This may be the best one and its from a 12 year old girl.

Ain't No Sunshine -- Bill Withers (cover by Canen 12 y.o.)

canen

When I was little, I remember hearing Ain't No Sunshine in a movie and I immediately fell in love with the soul in this song. It was always one of those songs that I just sang around the house.. doing homework, cleaning whetever, etc.. but I never considered actually singing it. Then after I reaaally started liking to sing, my mom suggested I learn this one. The band is so unbelievable on this, from the awesome drum beat to the gorgeous cello, that I got emotional a few times at how beautiful it was. I hope you like our rendition :) xx canen www.canensings.com www.facebook.com/canensings

Users who are viewing this thread