What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

fftoday is down (1 Viewer)

great timing.  :rolleyes:

i was hoping to get the straight scoop on bernie, as i dont go to the political forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's how I found this place 16 years ago. Remember when the FFT forums were down for several months back in 2004? Footballguys was the only other site with a decent forum back then.
That's how I found this forum as well. Looks like I joined FBG in 2003 I wonder if that's when it happened? Man strange I can still remember those times. Started at fftoday slowly moved over here for good. 

That's how I found this place 16 years ago. Remember when the FFT forums were down for several months back in 2004? Footballguys was the only other site with a decent forum back then.
That's how I found this forum as well. Looks like I joined FBG in 2003 I wonder if that's when it happened? Man strange I can still remember those times. Started at fftoday slowly moved over here for good. 
I don’t remember the year but it was around then. Lurked here for several years without posting.

Pretty much had to come here every Sunday because FFT would go down in the morning, every week.

Same here. Joined in April 2003. Was a regular over at RotoJunkie and someone, I think maybe @Chemical X , posted a "Any footballguys here?" and the rest is history. Damn, almost 20 years now.

I don’t remember the year but it was around then. Lurked here for several years without posting.

Pretty much had to come here every Sunday because FFT would go down in the morning, every week.
I'm in that same boat.  I think there was some sort of coordinated incursion into FFT by some of the old FBGs, IIRC we called it a 'jihad'.  I started checking here anonymously at first, and was going to keep up on both places, but FFT was getting too mean-spirited overall for my tastes so I stopped going over there altogether.  There were definitely some good dude-type posters there, but the overall tone of the geek bored seemed to be spiraling down, which helped convince me to leave.

recliner pilot?
I can't recall anything specific but I think I enjoyed his work there. 

I vaguely remember Ray Lewis' Limo Driver, though he could get a little too 'alpha male' for me at times. Think he was a Baltimore-area guy.

One guy was there mainly just for actual fantasy football talk: griz.  He seemed pretty patient with the off-topic hijinks.

I wasn't very good at going back and forth when I posted there, so I tried to avoid the countless bickering that went on there, especially at the expense of torridjoe (who in some ways reminds me of our own timsochet here) and Giants Fan, a.k.a gfiafp in the later years.

I checked my profile here and it says I joined in '05, so I guess the 'jihad' that I remember probably occurred sometime in '04 or so.

Also, FWIW, I had created several usernames by the time I left: Mac Daddy was my original handle there, followed by Charlie Steiner (because of that ESPN Y2K commercial, naturally), then Izzy Mandlebaum, then Geektopian, and finally Ike A. Palletjack (which I created when I was working part-time at IKEA, but nobody seemed to catch the reference--only pissed off a guy named scatterjack, IIRC).

Same, I was 2004 here and jumped back and forth for awhile until fftoday went down.  Never really went back.

I'll still look at their rankings during the season and preseason but haven't seen the forum forever.

Actually true... I thought that was a made up place, used as a cautionary tale.

ETA... Fanball boy, here.
I miss the hell out of fanball.  That was the first site my league used after a few years of doing it on paper (including creating the schedule--ugh!).

That was over 20 years ago. I'm still in that league, with most of the same guys in it. Staring down the barrel of not having a drunken and debauched draft weekend for the first time ever...

I miss the hell out of fanball.  That was the first site my league used after a few years of doing it on paper (including creating the schedule--ugh!).

That was over 20 years ago. I'm still in that league, with most of the same guys in it. Staring down the barrel of not having a drunken and debauched draft weekend for the first time ever...
They had a tiny version of FFA there which was great...me, wikkid...I think there are a couple other transplants here. Musesboy maybe?

They had a tiny version of FFA there which was great...me, wikkid...I think there are a couple other transplants here. Musesboy maybe?
Didn't even realize that. My league used the hell out of our own league's message page. Ah, for the days where we were all young, childless and unmarried, with epic amounts of time to troll our league mates with childish jokes and homosexual innuendo. We'd throw up several hundred posts over the course of a season, and this is back when we all lived close to each other and saw each other regularly. Nowadays, a couple dozen posts, tops.  Mostly related to logistics of the draft, as we're spread across 4 states and several hundred miles. 

Latin Pimp brought it down if I remember right.

I'm in that same boat.  I think there was some sort of coordinated incursion into FFT by some of the old FBGs, IIRC we called it a 'jihad'.  I started checking here anonymously at first, and was going to keep up on both places, but FFT was getting too mean-spirited overall for my tastes so I stopped going over there altogether.  There were definitely some good dude-type posters there, but the overall tone of the geek bored seemed to be spiraling down, which helped convince me to leave.
We jihad'd the Curly board from FFT first if I remember right.

I can't recall anything specific but I think I enjoyed his work there. 

I vaguely remember Ray Lewis' Limo Driver, though he could get a little too 'alpha male' for me at times. Think he was a Baltimore-area guy.

One guy was there mainly just for actual fantasy football talk: griz.  He seemed pretty patient with the off-topic hijinks.

I wasn't very good at going back and forth when I posted there, so I tried to avoid the countless bickering that went on there, especially at the expense of torridjoe (who in some ways reminds me of our own timsochet here) and Giants Fan, a.k.a gfiafp in the later years.

I checked my profile here and it says I joined in '05, so I guess the 'jihad' that I remember probably occurred sometime in '04 or so.

Also, FWIW, I had created several usernames by the time I left: Mac Daddy was my original handle there, followed by Charlie Steiner (because of that ESPN Y2K commercial, naturally), then Izzy Mandlebaum, then Geektopian, and finally Ike A. Palletjack (which I created when I was working part-time at IKEA, but nobody seemed to catch the reference--only pissed off a guy named scatterjack, IIRC).
RLLD stiffed me for Cover Two league dues after I brought him into a league.  That was probably 15 years ago lol.  I think he worked on the hill in DC.  

El Floppo said:
Forgot about that guy from here. Never really perused FFToday unless it was football-related news regarding one of my players and wanted more info than what was here. 

PIK95 said:
We jihad'd the Curly board from FFT first if I remember right.
That excursion brought a bunch of lady FBGs over here. Most don't post anymore, sadly - but I believe a few still do.

Not too long after, a message board called something like Feminist Wives Who Hate Fantasy Football got some national attention. When the news broke here, well...... you can guess what happened. That board crashed from new user sign ups. Some of the user names and avatars were just brutal.  

Bogart said:
Same here. Joined in April 2003. Was a regular over at RotoJunkie and someone, I think maybe @Chemical X , posted a "Any footballguys here?" and the rest is history. Damn, almost 20 years now.
Exact same here.. was over at RJ then moved here in 03. 

Still :cry:  that Noodles threw my stapler in the Thames. 

El Floppo said:
The Geek Club.  Once I found it, I spent more time posting there than I did on the FF-related boreds.

I remembered another poster there that stood out as pretty easygoing.  He went from something like Monkey Deathcar to MDC.

That excursion brought a bunch of lady FBGs over here. Most don't post anymore, sadly - but I believe a few still do.

Not too long after, a message board called something like Feminist Wives Who Hate Fantasy Football got some national attention. When the news broke here, well...... you can guess what happened. That board crashed from new user sign ups. Some of the user names and avatars were just brutal.  
The Ike Turner alias there was awesome.

Burt was pretty cool.  He was a weather man in Montana or something.  TJ and Zap were very cool.  

El Floppo said:
geewill, but he rarely posts anymore. we still have a league, Fanball Fanatics, that drafts the next season's team as soon as the Super Bowl is over. gbin, derekgoblue, ahelms, jbuz, jimed, creekeagles, geewill etc

geewill, but he rarely posts anymore. we still have a league, Fanball Fanatics, that drafts the next season's team as soon as the Super Bowl is over. gbin, derekgoblue, ahelms, jbuz, jimed, creekeagles, geewill etc
there was that archer guy too. iirc, he's the one that got the ffa style forum nuked. something about him being a moderator jr badge member or whatever, and having it revoked... or something. seemed silly and petty all the way around when I had heard what happened. he did something similar with a ff league of those guys over there. but I think that, and the 2006 world cup, were what drove me over here more full time.

oh... taz-something too. good guy.

the dynasty league I'm in was all fanball guys at it's inception. I'm the only one left.

El Floppo said:
there was that archer guy too. iirc, he's the one that got the ffa style forum nuked. something about him being a moderator jr badge member or whatever, and having it revoked... or something. seemed silly and petty all the way around when I had heard what happened. he did something similar with a ff league of those guys over there. but I think that, and the 2006 world cup, were what drove me over here more full time.

oh... taz-something too. good guy.

the dynasty league I'm in was all fanball guys at it's inception. I'm the only one left.
yeah, that turned out to be the new owners' fault & jimed defending archer is what nuked it all. but then archer did turn out to be a ####bird anyway.

my biggest Fanball memory turned out to be PMing back & forth w jimed when he was in Kuwait. he never should have been called - man in his 40s w a new 2nd fam, 2 young girls - but ended up in turnaround, too. his job was routing supply trucks from Kuwait to the Green Zone during the time when any convoy in the corridor stood a coinflip chance of getting IED'd. He'd be up @ 2:30am, drinking the Ketel we used to send him in re-sealed water bottles and need someone to take his mind off whether he'd be sending friends to the death that day.

also, helping creekeagle w his first standup routine @ 15yo. he's been at it for 15 yrs now. brooklyn-based

Users who are viewing this thread