What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Grocery store talk - pandemic edition (1 Viewer)

Thankfully, my grocery store got rid of these too.  These seemed reasonable at the time, but they were hard to follow consistently, and we know now that we don't need to worry about fleeting contact between people who are wearing masks.
I think it was more just following CDC guidelines but stores especially my chain given their brand name keep them just to say they have them down at this point. You literally need like 8-10 people just to direct people the right way to go and a lot of people just feel invoncienced by it 

Oh heck nah.  :lol:

My wife hates Target for some reason.  So she shops at Wal-Mart once a month or so.  Maybe goes to a regular grocery store once every 2-3 months.

I go to Target probably once a month.  Usually if we need 10-12 things, totaling maybe 70-80 bucks.  I always end up in the 100-110 range.  We do have the Red Card that knocks off 5%, which is nice. 
I refuse to give Walmart any of my Business. I've had co workers go there to work for more money only to quit and go elsewhere or comeback to my place because of how horrible they treat employees there. Also shopping at my local Walmart is like going shopping in a circus. The ignorance in a lot of the customers and employees who work there just is incredible. A few times Ive gone there with a buddy to kill time before our movie (AMC THEATRE IN SAME SHOPPING AREA) or with my mom only to have rude customers or employees. The one time the employee was so disrespectful I asked for a manager and got the top DAWG who was just as bad. I ended up writing a letter to their corporate about how unprofessional the staff at my local Walmart was only to get a reply of "We're sorry here's a $50 gift card for your inconvenience." I told them to shove it because I wanted the Store Manager held accountable and I had a friend who use to work there file a harassment charge that corporate ignorancd. I went so far to threaten to sue them and getting our local news stations involved. Once they saw lawyer mentioned I got an email a few days later saying the Employee who was unprofessional was fired and the manager for the time being was demoted to the lowest rank possible and pending review could be terminated. I also ended up getting the items I wanted for free. 

See working in retail you learn all the tricks. I told them who I worked for and I wasn't buying their PR BS because I know how the system works. They just want to usually do enough to get you to keep shopping with them. The minute you threaten a law suit, local news and then use the wild card yeah I work in retail too I know how this all works they start treating you like a human being. I'm not one to threaten suing or legal action on people for stuff like this but given how my history at the local spot had been over the past couple years since it opened (Only has been open for 6 yrs maybe have had 1-2 trips I've gone that were ok there) I was getting sick and tired of how that store was being run. It's still not great and I only go in there once in awhile if I'm desperate but the experience now is far better. Dude running the store now use to run the local Best Buy in my area but quit after some corporate BS and wanting to move him 2 1/2 hours from where he lived for some inexperienced yahoo who hardly ever managed a store before. Always ran a tight ship but fair form what I remembered. 

Morale of my story is the best advice I can give anyone having worked retail is make sure if you go into a store the management or corporate if you have an issue knows you aren't to be played as some idiot. They are gonna try to make you agree to whatever is the cheapest deal for them and the less work they need to handle. Unless the employee or store director was completely out of line they are gonna try to give you the rawest deal possible. The system to get in contact with them is always an issue and thats in hope you give up or agree to the worse possible deal they can offer you. Yes Corporate retailers are trying to make money but the money they can make off of dumb people the better they are. 

I posted a link to that mask in the covid thread i think. I bought one for my wife. Not the biggest fan of the strap system, but other than that she likes it. 
We bought a couple of these and love them. Easy to clean and SUPER comfortable. They were also approved by the FDA before all of this started so I trust that they went through a fairly thorough process. 

http://envomask.com/
These masks are banned on flights and should not be used due to one-way valves that let unfiltered air out.

"One-Way Exhalation Valve: Reduces temperature and moisture inside the mask. The mask chamber’s design and filter placement improve speech clarity."

Very bad form... defeats the purpose of a mask if it's letting your unfiltered breath out. 👎

Last edited by a moderator:
These masks are banned on flights and should not be used due to one-way valves that let unfiltered air out.

"One-Way Exhalation Valve: Reduces temperature and moisture inside the mask. The mask chamber’s design and filter placement improve speech clarity."

Very bad form... defeats the purpose of a mask if it's letting your unfiltered breath out. 👎
Well ####. I guess we'll get some large cloth masks to wear over them. Not going anywhere without an n95 mask since maybe 50% of people in our area wear theirs properly (if they even wear them at all). 

Easily covered up. Lol

Well ####. I guess we'll get some large cloth masks to wear over them. Not going anywhere without an n95 mask since maybe 50% of people in our area wear theirs properly (if they even wear them at all). 
Just glue something over the valve. I will post a pic in a bit. 

Eta: anybody know how to post a pic to imgur from phone without downloading app? Really hate having to use my desktop when i took the photo with my phone.

Denim over valve. i actually glued the valve itself closed too. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just glue something over the valve. I will post a pic in a bit. 

Eta: anybody know how to post a pic to imgur from phone without downloading app? Really hate having to use my desktop when i took the photo with my phone.

Denim over valve. i actually glued the valve itself closed too. 
Do you find that it's harder to breathe or functions any differently? If you wear glasses, any issues with fogging after the fix?

Do you find that it's harder to breathe or functions any differently? If you wear glasses, any issues with fogging after the fix?
Dont wear glasses. I have only worn the envo for like 2 minutes just to try it on and never wore it without the valve covered since i covered right away. My wife has no issues though and she does wear glasses and has never mentioned fogging. But she also would be the type that wouldnt mention it. I will ask her. 

I have never noticed a difference with the 3M N95s though.

Users who are viewing this thread