What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Startup Drafts (1 Viewer)

ffmail4me

Footballguy
I was hoping we could have people post their 2020 startup dynasty drafts in one thread for reference. 

I have one with VERY unique scoring coming up (Rbs get .5 PPR, WRs 1.25, TEs 1.50, while WRs get 1.25 points for first downs, and TEs get 1.5 points for first downs. RBs get .2 points for carries and targets. 

I have never been in a league with scoring anything close to this, so if anyone has had a draft with similar settings would you mind posting or PM'ing me a link to look at how it went?

And ANY type of startup dynasty draft posted here I would think would be great for everyone to see. 

I get an error using that link just FYI 
Maybe you need to be a member on FFPC.com IDK. I'll try to export a list.

Why only 10 kickers drafted in total?
Interesting that you mention that because I hadn't noticed. And it is against the rules. You're not allowed to get out of the startup without each of at least one kicker and one defense. But I think if you have picks available, the software won't prevent you from trading those picks away before you're able to pick a K or D. Plus, even then, you could still potentially trade back in to get one. But now a commissioner will have to get involved. I'm not sure how they handle it. They even sent reminders saying you had to leave the draft with each.

ffmail4me said:
...and I guess I'm the only guy who cares about startup dynasty drafts??  :tumbleweed:
Most people do their startups after the NFL Draft.  Just saying.

I’m tracking a few right now, I found them by accident on the MFL site, they are all $$ leagues, here are 3 different leagues that have just started drafting.  They have a bunch of drafts that have been completed to if you just search this league name on MFL.  Not sure if you are interested in these or not, but since nobody else has posted anything, I figured I would post these.   I don’t play in any of these, I think they are superflex and tight end premium leagues. 

http://www81.myfantasyleague.com/2020/options?L=45558&O=17

http://www81.myfantasyleague.com/2020/options?L=50185&O=17

http://www81.myfantasyleague.com/2020/options?L=71825&O=17

This appears to be a linear draft - aren't most startup dynasty drafts serpentine to level the playing field?  Just curious . . .
No, it is serpentine but the order of the picks stays left to right in that display window. I drew the 1.03 along with 2.10 and 3.03. It's particularly strange because FFPC redraft boards mimic the snake style, where this doesn't,  even though the actual draft does. 

This appears to be a linear draft - aren't most startup dynasty drafts serpentine to level the playing field?  Just curious . . 
There are also 3RR startups which are snake drafts but the 3rd round is reversed. It's confusing but there is an argument for it being the fairest setup.

:blackdot:  I have a startup kicking off tomorrow.  However, it's set up as a slow draft with an 8-hour clock, so it could stretch out over a few weeks.

League is on Sleeper; I'll see if I can link it here when it gets going.

Started one yesterday on FFPC.  Best Ball Dynasty.  IN 24 hours before draft started we had 39 draft picks moved.  First time doing a dynasty draft and was taken back by the number of moves.  8hr clock and a slow roll right now with 8 picks in.  Will post first round results for you once completed if you would like.  

Started one yesterday on FFPC.  Best Ball Dynasty.  IN 24 hours before draft started we had 39 draft picks moved.  First time doing a dynasty draft and was taken back by the number of moves.  8hr clock and a slow roll right now with 8 picks in.  Will post first round results for you once completed if you would like.  
FWIW

1.12 Josh Jacobs  RB Marauders

1.11 Derrick Henry RB PD DynBB 1

1.10 Michael Thomas WR Little Shovels

1.09 Miles Sanders RB #FreeJoshGordon

1.08 Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB Florida$un

1.07 Joe Mixon RB #FreeJoshGordon

1.06 Alvin Kamara RB Ridn' Dirty

1.05 Dalvin Cook RB Avengers

1.04 Ezekiel Elliott RB Jumbo_250_Dyn137

1.03 Lamar Jackson QB PHYSICALITY

1.02 Saquon Barkley RB J Effing Cali

1.01 Christian McCaffrey RB Florida$un

Super fast draft all the dynasty startups I have ever been in seem to take about 2 weeks to complete.  Usually lucky to get through the first round in day 1.
Well I'm sure part of it is that pretty much everyone is at home and not busy watching live sports. Guessing it'll slow down overnight, and may gradually slow down as the picks get less obvious.  And the work week will likely keep a few guys away for longer stretches.

We're going 22 deep, so it'll still stretch out some.

Super fast draft all the dynasty startups I have ever been in seem to take about 2 weeks to complete.  Usually lucky to get through the first round in day 1.
I actually prefer it that way.  Lots of wheeling and dealing, people making trade offers, etc.  Tons of time to football season it bugs me when everyone wants to rush through it so we can all sit around for 4 months.

I actually prefer it that way.  Lots of wheeling and dealing, people making trade offers, etc.  Tons of time to football season it bugs me when everyone wants to rush through it so we can all sit around for 4 months.
I never used Sleeper so I can't tell but it looks like no trades have been made which is why it would be going so fast.  Maybe they are not allowing trades.

I never used Sleeper so I can't tell but it looks like no trades have been made which is why it would be going so fast.  Maybe they are not allowing trades.
Commish emailed right at the start that the site doesn't support trading on the fly thru the site.  Trades would have to be done offline and applied by the commish.  IDK if there are discussions going on though.

My first time using Sleeper and first true dynasty league. I'm in a couple other deep keepers (contract and auction/cap) but this is new territory for me.

Commish emailed right at the start that the site doesn't support trading on the fly thru the site.  Trades would have to be done offline and applied by the commish.  IDK if there are discussions going on though.

My first time using Sleeper and first true dynasty league. I'm in a couple other deep keepers (contract and auction/cap) but this is new territory for me.
... and that is why I use MFL and not Sleeper.

I caved and joined one, hasn't started yet but I'll likely be posting a lot in here.  Thanks to those that have posted their's already.  

Instead Godwin falls in his lap
First thing I thought when I saw Godwin and A.J. Brown is that this guy is rocking this draft aside from that Taylor pick! Hwarf. Find out he's a homer. 

Ah, who ever knows, right?  I hated his Akers pick, too, but I'm really down on Akers. I guess I can see it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
FFPC, just finished here's the link

https://myffpc.com/DraftBoard.aspx?ltuid=4FA-3E7722064421

I found it to be a very weird startup that had tons of people slipping and slipping.  Can't get everyone I like but the value's were all over the place.  It's superflex so maybe that had something to do with it, still had some great value picks.  
Which team are you? I'm in this one with you. 

ETA - I'm going to guess GameRecognizesGame because of Unicorn.

I found it to be a very weird startup that had tons of people slipping and slipping.  Can't get everyone I like but the value's were all over the place.  It's superflex so maybe that had something to do with it, still had some great value picks.  
That wasn't my experience with it at all. I did a different FFPC Superflex startup in February and feel like I crushed it. Best startup I've ever done. This one I really like, but not in love with it. I felt like people were generally pretty decent drafters and that value really didn't slip much.

I played redaft high stakes super flex leagues from 2004-2008 but I have never played superflex dynasty.  Changes everything.

It's a real kick in the nuts to know I dropped Lamar Jackson and George Kittle in the same FFPC league.  Really brutal in fact.  Also in another I traded Godwin for a 2nd round pick a few years ago.  Brutal.

I don’t play Superflex so I am not sure of the extent of QB value boost but I really like McGriff approach to loading up on young RB/WR talent and getting a Ryan/Darnold later in draft.He grabbed a ton of player that I personally love like Chubb, Moore, Metcalf. 
He was also able to grab Jameis Winston five round after he was initially taken. Smart move!!

I don’t play Superflex so I am not sure of the extent of QB value boost
The extent is so tremendous that I would make my first pick a QB depending on draft position and might make the second pick a QB depending on how the draft goes. You should strive for three starting QBs on your roster at the end of the draft. 

Interesting. Like barack asked, which team were you? 
My team sucks.  I'm GameRecognizeGame here, not sure who Barack is.  I am however the only one that was trading out and building 2021 picks.  I have 4 1sts next year to go with my core which I kind of got in the startup.  Everyone else was moving around the draft mostly, just not out completely for future picks.  

My team sucks.  I'm GameRecognizeGame here, not sure who Barack is.  I am however the only one that was trading out and building 2021 picks.  I have 4 1sts next year to go with my core which I kind of got in the startup.  Everyone else was moving around the draft mostly, just not out completely for future picks.  
barack is barackdhouse, the poster above. I see you got The Unicorn. That's fitting. No Edwards, though, huh? You also got two quarterbacks that might get usurped later in the year in Carr and Taylor. Don't especially like that, but oh well...such is. You and I have differing valuations of players, so that's expected. Not like I can really judge, but I'm down on Damien Harris and N'Keal Harry. Don't see a bright future for them, or at least there's a lot to overcome. But that's cool. Thanks for posting.  

Users who are viewing this thread