What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where do you find good dynasty IDP league to join? (1 Viewer)

amit-nfl

Footballguy
In my case, for example - Dynasty 16 teams - 21 starting lineup (10 Off, 21 Def) player, 45-50 player per roster, salary cap, contract years cap, auction  etc..  

---------- 

Nowdays before the nfl draft rejoin this FBG forum as well as DLF one (IDP & Looking for leagues) but don't seem to find one match my request (and im playing just two like those) but still - im reading from time to time post's here or on twitter with question or poll on league like those and discussion on trade or players cost value and etc. Post's on deep IDP ranking and players as well as rookies which not talked about on regular standard leagues. need to find those with more than just "2 DL, 2LB and 2DB" on the roster.

Can you advice me to other resource where i can find few option to join ? 

Sounds like you want a Huddle league and/or are in a couple.  I know there are some recruiting right now.

Start a thread in Looking for Leagues with the details you want and those you definitely don't want. Keep checking back in those forums for things that meet your criteria. Keep your fingers crossed...

I did that about a week ago and ended up joining something that fit what I wanted, and even that was an orphan/dispersal draft. It's not an easy task as it seems there is a scarcity of IDP and far, far more 32 team leagues than anything else. 

Start your own?  That is what I ended up doing about 15 years ago.  Just got a bunch of friends and created some by-laws and just started.  Kept the fees low until everyone kind of had an idea of what was going on and then slowly increased the stakes.  Still going strong after 15 years.

amit-nfl said:
In my case, for example - Dynasty 16 teams - 21 starting lineup (10 Off, 21 Def) player, 45-50 player per roster, salary cap, contract years cap, auction  etc..  

---------- 

Nowdays before the nfl draft rejoin this FBG forum as well as DLF one (IDP & Looking for leagues) but don't seem to find one match my request (and im playing just two like those) but still - im reading from time to time post's here or on twitter with question or poll on league like those and discussion on trade or players cost value and etc. Post's on deep IDP ranking and players as well as rookies which not talked about on regular standard leagues. need to find those with more than just "2 DL, 2LB and 2DB" on the roster.

Can you advice me to other resource where i can find few option to join ? 
have an opening in a 16 team, salary cap, IDP league - 40 man rosters - 18 man starting lineup - $25 dues - PM me if interested. Has been around since 2007.

I just joined a league just like this. We're in the midst of our start-up. I found it thanks to the commissioner of another league I'm in (20-team full IDP dynasty, which has an opening for dispersal btw). May I ask what a Huddle league is? My plate's full, but I'm curious.

I just joined a league just like this. We're in the midst of our start-up. I found it thanks to the commissioner of another league I'm in (20-team full IDP dynasty, which has an opening for dispersal btw). May I ask what a Huddle league is? My plate's full, but I'm curious.
Sorry, I never saw this question.  There's another FF site called thehuddle.com that hosts a bunch of leagues' official forums.  Many years ago when their forums were very active there was a lot of smack talk and a whole bunch of leagues formed up amongst members.  They came up with the acronym Born Of The Huddle (BOTH) and there are still probably 40-50 leagues active.  They are all similarly structured with most being 12-16 man, full IDP, and contract caps expressed in years.  Exactly what OP was explaining without the auction unless you consider FABB an auction (it kind of is).

There was even a small "Huddle members vs. FBG members" concept called Dynasty Wars.  16 man league, 8 Huddle members in one conference vs. 8 FGB members in the other conference with each conference champion representing their site in the championship.  As FF has moved more social though those forums are a lot less active and the leagues harder to fill.  The DW leagues (there are 3 I think) are just mostly whoever they can recruit now with most coming from Huddle members/friends/family.

Just started a league very similar minus the auction draft/salaries.  Doing a regular draft, but using blind bidding for waivers.  22 total starters, 55 man rosters, 16 team league w a superflex.  DM me or email me, I just posted in the looking for leagues section

Just started a league very similar minus the auction draft/salaries.  Doing a regular draft, but using blind bidding for waivers.  22 total starters, 55 man rosters, 16 team league w a superflex.  DM me or email me, I just posted in the looking for leagues section
If this is a dynasty format it will be a idsservice if you do not use an auction for the initial draft.  Everyone should have the ability to get any player they want and not have it left to the luck of the draw. 

We did a hybrid where we auctioned for the first 15 players for each team then went to a snake draft after that with the draft order being set according to money left after the auction.  It worked really well.

If this is a dynasty format it will be a idsservice if you do not use an auction for the initial draft.  Everyone should have the ability to get any player they want and not have it left to the luck of the draw. 

We did a hybrid where we auctioned for the first 15 players for each team then went to a snake draft after that with the draft order being set according to money left after the auction.  It worked really well.
I did a regular snake draft back when I was in high school and that dynasty league is still going real strong... Unless a significant amount of owners say they prefer an auction then I'm probably staying put.

I did a regular snake draft back when I was in high school and that dynasty league is still going real strong... Unless a significant amount of owners say they prefer an auction then I'm probably staying put.
It is just a disservice.  It is fine but the point of a dynasty is to build a team the way you want.  A snake draft does not allow everyone to do that.  

Some people are afraid of auctions because they have never done it.  However, once you do its hard to go back.  Are you giving them a choice or just saying its snake unless people complain?   

It is just a disservice.  It is fine but the point of a dynasty is to build a team the way you want.  A snake draft does not allow everyone to do that.  

Some people are afraid of auctions because they have never done it.  However, once you do its hard to go back.  Are you giving them a choice or just saying its snake unless people complain?   
I don’t see why you care so much lol, we’re you thinking about joining or something?  No one has said anything regarding that, I don’t see the issue. I’ve done auctions before, they’re ok.

I don’t see why you care so much lol, we’re you thinking about joining or something?  No one has said anything regarding that, I don’t see the issue. I’ve done auctions before, they’re ok.
I don't care but was just trying to give you a different perspective but you may get more participants if you go to auction.

You can do what you want with it.  For a regular redraft it really doesn't matter much.  I believe for a dynasty it does.  Going into a dynasty league and having no shot at your favorite player because you drew a 10 out of a hat would diminish the fun for me (and many others).  If you guys don't care so be it. 

Users who are viewing this thread