What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** (1 Viewer)

The reachiest drafts so far, compared to expert draft boards:

Seattle Seahawks, Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, Las Vegas Raiders, Philadelphia Eagles, Miami Dolphins, Pittsburgh Steelers

And this is just based on the picks that they used, without giving any bonus points for the fact that they traded up for some of these guys like Darrell Taylor & Dalton Keene.

Seattle Seahawks, Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, Las Vegas Raiders, Philadelphia Eagles, Miami Dolphins, Pittsburgh Steelers

And this is just based on the picks that they used, without giving any bonus points for the fact that they traded up for some of these guys like Darrell Taylor & Dalton Keene.
Yeah I thought I scouted this te class, and “dalton Keene” isn’t a name I recall.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Jim Owczarski reports the Packers are moving to a more "run-oriented attack" this upcoming season.

Green Bay has yet to add a true receiver through three rounds of this year's draft, selecting a multi-year backup quarterback, Jordan Love, in Round 1 only to follow that up with an early-down bruiser, A.J. Dillon, on night two. While that's ideal for Allen Lazard and Jace Sternberger in fantasy, it obviously doesn't help Aaron Rodgers during his twilight years in the slightest. The Packers have had one of the most befuddling drafts through three rounds and that isn't expected to change on Day 3. Unfortunately for Rodgers, neither is their depleted receivers room.

SOURCE: Jim Owczarski on Twitter

Apr 25, 2020, 8:12 AM ET

Can't trust Rodgers to run the passing play called by the OC. Ok, he will just switch out the run play for a pass to Adams. Easy enough. 

Don't bother reading the NFL article with the quick snap grades.  Everyone gets a trophy.The others were better.

eta - That's not a knock on Faust, he provides everything.  Just my personal judgement on the quality of content coming from NFL.com.  I wish my college had given out 30 As and 2 Bs in my classes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, but others would have.  I read a lot of what you find and chose to post.  Huge time saver and much appreciated.  Obviously the quality of content varies substantially IMO.

Love the article in the quote above.  Interesting look behind the curtains this year.
I don’t always do a great job reading everything that I post and I appreciate any feedback from the Shark Pool on the quality of the content that is posted. @Andy Dufresne is another one who does a good job adding feedback on the articles posted.

I don’t always do a great job reading everything that I post and I appreciate any feedback from the Shark Pool on the quality of the content that is posted. @Andy Dufresne is another one who does a good job adding feedback on the articles posted.
You’re doing the Lord’s work here, no need to proofread. Always appreciate the info you share 👍

Just consider me the chorus like in Classical Greek drama.

Okay, maybe not quite that important.

As a Seattle fan I'm pretty happy they are getting roasted. Last time I heard this much criticism from football "experts" Seattle ended up with five starters and two future HOFers (2012). Oddly enough, when the critic is someone that had an actual job with an NFL team at some point as a player, scout, or coach the criticism seems to turn into praise.

Pic (look in the reflection in the mirror of the guy taking a dump)

Also I think we found the look of who this guy is  >>>  https://confessionsfromageekmind.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/samuel-l-jackson-the-incredibles.png
LOL. That's a kid in shorts sitting on the sofa that gives the appearance that the shorts are down below his knees when its some piece of furniture which I believe is the chair next to that girl on the left. Funny though.

Buffalo is cornering the market on guys with really bad testing scores in their backfield. Maybe they know more about plodding to daylight than we do. 
Interestingly enough, each of the last two years they have drafted a RB in the 3rd round. And both of them were in the top 2 in forced missed tackles per carry in college the year they got drafted (Singletary was 2nd, Moss was 1st this year).

Neither one of them are burners, but they both have great vision, great footwork, ability to “get small” and make guys miss in tight spaces, and both guys run with power making them hard to take down with arm tackles.

The Bills under Bean and McDermott have shown over and over that they’d rather go after good football players rather than gamble on elite athletes with poor production. 

I don’t think either one is a future HOFer, but the best way I can explain it is that most teams are always looking for the next Barry Sanders, not many are looking for the next Emmitt Smith. They were both two of the best RBs of all time,  but they did it in two totally different ways. 

What’a great is if everyone is looking for the Barry-style runner and you want the Emmitt-style runner, you can get great value by waiting.

How much is too much? It will be hard for the Vikings come roster cut day. My guess is that some serviceable players will have to be dropped.
The dream is for one team to have 32 round 7 picks. I think Minnesota could do it and literally own an entire round of the draft. 

How much is too much? It will be hard for the Vikings come roster cut day. My guess is that some serviceable players will have to be dropped.
Can never have enough 4th-7th round elite talent, especially with this full offseason of rookie camp, mini camp, etc to evaluate 30 rookies.   :thumbup:

SKOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interestingly enough, each of the last two years they have drafted a RB in the 3rd round. And both of them were in the top 2 in forced missed tackles per carry in college the year they got drafted (Singletary was 2nd, Moss was 1st this year).

Neither one of them are burners, but they both have great vision, great footwork, ability to “get small” and make guys miss in tight spaces, and both guys run with power making them hard to take down with arm tackles.

The Bills under Bean and McDermott have shown over and over that they’d rather go after good football players rather than gamble on elite athletes with poor production. 

I don’t think either one is a future HOFer, but the best way I can explain it is that most teams are always looking for the next Barry Sanders, not many are looking for the next Emmitt Smith. They were both two of the best RBs of all time,  but they did it in two totally different ways. 

What’a great is if everyone is looking for the Barry-style runner and you want the Emmitt-style runner, you can get great value by waiting.
Nice take on it, GroveDiesel. I don't have issue with what you say, and don't point it out over meanness, but rather, Football Outsiders dedicated a decent chunk of an article about how low Singletary tested during his testing.  They compared him to Ahmad Bradshaw, who apparently had set the standard for success as an outlier. They were saying they'd have to change the name of the standard if Singletary kept running well to make it the Singletary Outlier Rule or some such name. 

Elway flat out transforming the Broncos' offense.

Fant at TE ran fastest 40 time in 2019, new addition "Albert O." with fourth fastest since 2003.

Starting to think Frank Reich was the brains in Philly. 

Pittman - Taylor - Eason.    vs     Pederson/GM - Backup QB & a duplicate of Ward/Jackson at WR. and JJ Arcego-Busto from 2019.

Starting to think Frank Reich was the brains in Philly. 

Pittman - Taylor - Eason.    vs     Pederson/GM - Backup QB & a duplicate of Ward/Jackson at WR. and JJ Arcego-Busto from 2019.
Starting?  How he transformed that offense for the Foles run never seems to get enough attention.

Eason is a great pick.  Indy in contention for best draft.  Note to Green Bay:  This is how you plan for a veteran QB.  Picks to help the offense now, talent to groom for later.

This guy had McFardland #3 back ?

Anthony McFarland Jr. RB, MD

Height: 5-8, Weight: 208

McFarland was my RB3 because of his instant acceleration, smooth athletic traits, and natural elusiveness. Some HR-hitting ability. Routinely finds the cutback lane. A nightmare in space for defenders. Awesome new element to the Steelers backfield. (Chris Trapasso)

Nice take on it, GroveDiesel. I don't have issue with what you say, and don't point it out over meanness, but rather, Football Outsiders dedicated a decent chunk of an article about how low Singletary tested during his testing.  They compared him to Ahmad Bradshaw, who apparently had set the standard for success as an outlier. They were saying they'd have to change the name of the standard if Singletary kept running well to make it the Singletary Outlier Rule or some such name. 
No question. Measurables typically do mean something. It didn’t matter how much desire or grit or character I have, there was zero chance I’d ever be a pro athlete.

At the same time, football is played on the field and there are a lot of pluses for players that truly are pluses on the field that aren’t necessarily measured easily and are things that tape and interviews can help reveal. Truthfully, football is all about outliers, right? The greatest QB and possibly player of all time is an enormous outlier. Jerry Rice is perhaps the greatest WR of all time and is a big outlier. If football wasn’t all about outliers, the draft would be easy because you’d just take the guys with the best measurables and you wouldn’t need to play the games because it would be straight chalk. But that’s not how it plays out. Guys taken in the first round bust and guys in the 3rd or 4th round become Pro Bowlers.

It’s one issue I have with FO and PFF and the like. They act like the numbers are rules rather than indicators. They want to pretend that everything can be boiled down to the numbers and just ignore or try to explain away the items that aren’t as measurable.

I guess I was really wrong about Fromm. 

Before the season I thought he would be a first round pick.

No question. Measurables typically do mean something. It didn’t matter how much desire or grit or character I have, there was zero chance I’d ever be a pro athlete.

At the same time, football is played on the field and there are a lot of pluses for players that truly are pluses on the field that aren’t necessarily measured easily and are things that tape and interviews can help reveal. Truthfully, football is all about outliers, right? The greatest QB and possibly player of all time is an enormous outlier. Jerry Rice is perhaps the greatest WR of all time and is a big outlier. If football wasn’t all about outliers, the draft would be easy because you’d just take the guys with the best measurables and you wouldn’t need to play the games because it would be straight chalk. But that’s not how it plays out. Guys taken in the first round bust and guys in the 3rd or 4th round become Pro Bowlers.

It’s one issue I have with FO and PFF and the like. They act like the numbers are rules rather than indicators. They want to pretend that everything can be boiled down to the numbers and just ignore or try to explain away the items that aren’t as measurable.
I agree that there's a fallibility to discrete measureables taken at certain, discrete times. Watches and other instruments of measure don't mean everything, and there are plenty of ways to get from Point A to Point B. I also think the FO and PFF try to quantify that which isn't quantifiable at times and that there is room for the statistical outlier in general. 

That said, these were basic combine mesaurements and they had data on all combine guys at RB going back a ways, so it has a little bit of weight. 

Starting?  How he transformed that offense for the Foles run never seems to get enough attention.

Eason is a great pick.  Indy in contention for best draft.  Note to Green Bay:  This is how you plan for a veteran QB.  Picks to help the offense now, talent to groom for later.
While I don't love the Love pick, this deserves a  :blackdot: to see which QB has the better career. Eason is a career backup IMO

:shrug:  I have no idea.  Just saying he's fallen bigly from where I thought he'd be 7 months ago.
7 months ago I would have said Fromm was a 2nd round QB. 3 months ago I'd say 4th or 5th. He fell pretty badly. A year ago I recall seeing a "too early" mock on WalterFootball that had Fromm as one of the top QBs in the class. Tua obviously #1, Herbert #2. I think Fromm was considered #3 at the time... 

He certainly fell pretty badly, but he did have a pretty horrible senior season. If his landing spot is pretty good he may be an UDFA target for me (maybe TB?)

Users who are viewing this thread