What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Gabriel Davis was an absolute steal IMO... 
Is he? I honestly know basically nothing about him other than the quick Googling I just did and it seems like the analysts weren’t really enamored with him. Basically said his only route is the go route, that his hands are pretty bad with a ton of drops, struggles to gain separation, runs poor routes, struggles against press coverage, etc. 

As a Bills fan I’m struggling to get excited in any way about this pick.

Is he? I honestly know basically nothing about him other than the quick Googling I just did and it seems like the analysts weren’t really enamored with him. Basically said his only route is the go route, that his hands are pretty bad with a ton of drops, struggles to gain separation, runs poor routes, struggles against press coverage, etc. 

I liked him as a later round WR. I think he has a good role in that offense, and helps protect Diggs. He won't be a fantasy target, but of all the WRs left he was my favorite. 

He very well could be, but the Colts also didn't lose an opportunity to compete now to get him.
While I love the Taylor pick, one could have said that they invested enough at RB over the last 3 drafts, and that Taylor wasn't needed. It's not much different than GB spending a 2nd rounder on a RB with Jones... 

Not defending GB's draft, just the difference between Eason and Love is pretty big... much bigger than your OP made it out to be (IND did not get a round 1 talent in round 4...) Although I do agree IND is setting themselves up to win this year much better than GB...

Fell because of his route tree, all he has now is the go route as Grove mentioned. Still a good pick at this stage...........

While I love the Taylor pick, one could have said that they invested enough at RB over the last 3 drafts, and that Taylor wasn't needed. It's not much different than GB spending a 2nd rounder on a RB with Jones... 

Not defending GB's draft, just the difference between Eason and Love is pretty big... much bigger than your OP made it out to be (IND did not get a round 1 talent in round 4...) Although I do agree IND is setting themselves up to win this year much better than GB...
Sure, agree there is a world of difference between Love and Eason.  I have Love above Herbert.   I do think Taylor will feast in Indy

Brycen Hopkins to the Rams? Gerald Everett, traded courtesy phone please.

They're certinaly not signing Everett long-term with Higbee signed and now this pick. 

Deejay Dallas, meet Alice Deejay.

Alice, Deejay. Dallas, Alice. 

That would get confusing.

"Do you think you're better off alone?"

Kinda shocked Eno Benjamin is still out there.  I watch a lot of Pac-12 ball and I think the guy looked NFL-ready.  Interested to see where he goes.

It must be painful for eagle fans to watch the eagles trade a pick to Dallas... and then for them to make a great pick with it... 
Dallas is killing this draft. Best pre draft values I’ve seen. Almost washes the taste of the Bobby Carpenter, Taco Charlton out of their mouth. 

Almost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Justin Rohrwasser K  - no grade on NFL site.  NFL are not rating kickers anymore or was he that far off the radar. 

Damn, woulda liked to see Tyler Johnson go somewhere where he wouldn't be as buried as he'll be in Tampa.  Will have a hard time seeing the field with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin there.  Maybe I'm wrong.

I guess he could work out of the slot some, but still... woulda liked to see him elsewhere.

Will be interested to see if there's mid-late round movement with Fournette and Breida.
:thumbup:  

Love me some Matt Breida. Doubtful IMO we see Fournette dealt unless someone attachs at least a 3rd next year. Jags will get a comp pick when he leaves. May as well run him into the ground unless someone offers better.

And ugh, my boy Collin Johnson going to Jags where he'll compete with Chark for snaps.  Maybe they'll have him pack on 20 pounds and play TE.  

ESPN so far behind on talking about the picks vs all their other BS
I greatly prefer this style of coverage, as opposed to what they did yesterday with holding up the announcements until TV was ready to announce them. I was really disappointed last night when they didn't go to this method like I think they usually do around round 3. (I think)

And ugh, my boy Collin Johnson going to Jags where he'll compete with Chark for snaps.  Maybe they'll have him pack on 20 pounds and play TE.  
I don't think he will be competing with Chark for snaps.  I can't believe I've had this guy on one of my devy teams for two years.  Thought about dropping him a couple of times.  Talk about an underachiever. 

Users who are viewing this thread