What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Antonio Gibson, NE (1 Viewer)

Anyone think he's last till 80/81? On Yahoo he's listed like around the 100+ mark overall. 
depends on your leaguemates.  if they haven't been paying attention, yes.  one of my leaguemates asked to see the cbs draft room on my laptop last night as he was wandering around the back yard and not near his.  he pulled up RBs, and asked "who's that guy?"  My reply was rookie, committee, no one knows how it will look.  he moved on and took...Edelman. I wasn't confident that he would stick around much longer, so I went Akers, then got him on the way back down.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very bullish, but in season long are you guys rolling him out (at flex/RB3) in week 1, or waiting a week?

Thanks.

He reminds me of a less refined Cam Akers. Both have an “athlete” look to them on the field and are capable of hurting you multiple ways. Gibson is not as seasoned as a runner so it will really be a matter of offensive creativity and his ability to evolve that will be the deciding factor on what he can do from an FF standpoint. Obviously a lot of physical skills to work with but he is quite raw so to act like we have any idea how he will produce is simply a guess at this point. I hope Scott Turner puts him in positions to get him in space as he will be fun to watch.

Fantasy Football Mailbag: Week 1 fantasy football start 'em or sit 'em

Excerpt:

IS ANTONIO GIBSON WORTH STARTING AS A FLEX? IT’S EITHER HIM OR A.J. GREEN FOR ME. — @LANCEPICTON

Gibson is definitely worth a start in this plus-matchup against the Philadelphia Eagles. The Eagles defense ranked bottom-nine in both targets and receptions to the running back position in 2019. In their first game against Washington last season, ex-Washington running back Chris Thompson had seven receptions on 10 targets with the team playing catch up.

Washington is a home dog in Week 1, and the team could easily be faced with a negative game script, which would be extremely favorable for Gibson in the passing game. Current offensive coordinator Scott Turner showed a strong affinity to target the running back position during his four-game tenure as the play-caller with the Carolina Panthers. The Panthers increased their rate of targeting the running back (28.8% vs. 24.4%) once he took the reins.

You may be hesitant to start a rookie running back — the coaches already said they wanted to use a running-back-by-committee approach — but if Clyde Edwards-Helaire’s usage on Thursday night is any indication of how teams will split backfields with talented rookies, his upside is well worth slotting into the FLEX. 

And remember that Ron Rivera’s comments completely contradict what Adrian Peterson said about Washington wanting one guy to do it all and Gibson being that player, so don’t be so sure Gibson won’t lead this backfield in total touches in Week 1.

I'd much rather start Antonio Gibson over A.J. Green, despite the reports that the veteran WR has a clean bill of health. We aren’t sure who Joe Burrow is going to favor in the passing game or how Green will play after so much missed time. 

Unfortunately for Green, his Week 1 matchup is against one of the league’s top cornerbacks inCasey Hayward, who isn’t necessarily an absolute shutdown corner but will be able to handle his own versus Green on the outside.

There are just too many question marks to rely on Green as an option in Week 1.. 

I am excited about him but without having seen him or the team in preseason I am leery about starting him out of the gate given both the low college usage and the lack of preseason to evaluate his transition. I am starting Tyler Boyd over him in my flex spot.  If AJ Green is fully healthy I would start him this week over Gibson but I tend to play it pretty safe early in the season as a goose egg can be a killer.

I was on the fence about flexing either Jeudy or Gibson after taking hits with Sutton and Golladay. I had finally settled on Jeudy until I read that article on Gibson confusing defenses.

I was on the fence about flexing either Jeudy or Gibson after taking hits with Sutton and Golladay. I had finally settled on Jeudy until I read that article on Gibson confusing defenses.
Same 2 choices here as Evans being out moved my bench up.  Still haven't decided

Although, If I go Jeudy, I may still go Gibson over White

This guy is a combination of Jerry Rice, Jim Brown, and Tony Gonzalez.  Oh, and Peyton Manning. He will have better stats than CMC and Michael Thomas combined this year and will probably be a better QB than Joe Burrow. I hear he is also an Ayurvedic healer, shaman and philosopher. 

also, not really, but go ahead and mark him down for 367yfs and 7 TDs this week. Total lock. 

This guy is a combination of Jerry Rice, Jim Brown, and Tony Gonzalez.  Oh, and Peyton Manning. He will have better stats than CMC and Michael Thomas combined this year and will probably be a better QB than Joe Burrow. I hear he is also an Ayurvedic healer, shaman and philosopher. 

also, not really, but go ahead and mark him down for 367yfs and 7 TDs this week. Total lock. 
Finally someone who gets it.   Yes to all of this!

So you are saying I should start him in my flex this week?

Wow he makes Chuck Norris and Bill Brasky look like Corporal Upham.

I really like these last few posts, because this is seriously what the Antonio Gibson hype train is starting to feel like (quickly approaching CMike levels?).  Like I said earlier, I can't believe how high he is in consensus rankings and it feels a bit irresponsible to me.  I drafted him in dynasty so I hope he's awesome, but I don't know how you can reasonably start him this week. 

Opposing coaches don’t throw challenge flags on Antonio Gibson plays. Because, “of course he just did that.”

Gibson SHOULD have a ton of hype from a dynasty perspective, but redraft is a different story.

Lots of ways 2020 could go for him, especially early on.

-jb- said:

That sounds like a reasonable stat projection on the first seven scoring drives.

Wow. Been a few days since I checked this topic. Totally normal, calm, rational FF expectations, I see.  :unsure:

Reality check: What are the O/U’s for today?

Carries: 16.5

Receptions: 2.5

YFS: 85.5

TD: .5
Thanks for trying to bring a little reality to this thread.

I think you're high on the carries, low on the receptions.

As has been the question for awhile now, will Love get a fair amount of work? That's my only pause, but otherwise I am starting him (Gibson) where I can or need to. Only a couple spots. I think this offense takes a step forward, though, and no reason it can't start today. By today I mean in like an hour!!!

Users who are viewing this thread