Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Antonio Gibson, Washington

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://twitter.com/BenStandig/status/1306342615940562945?s=19 From the offensive coordinator:   On Antonio Gibson: "His role will continue to grow" On Peyton Barber snap coun

In Canton. Yes.  

I think it's very risky. Crowded backfield, franchise instability. But the payoff is a three down back that can catch bombs.  His per touch numbers in college break all models. His highlights include

Just now, Judge Smails said:

I thought Gibson was one of two league winners this year at RB (the other being James Robinson).  Same owner in our league has 'em both.  This will hurt.

I have them both in one league. I was going to ride them both to the championship. :cry:

I have to hope Raheem Mostert can stay healthy now.

51 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

How many week injury is turf toe?

Depends. If it's turf toe, guys usually miss a couple-four weeks. Davante Adams had it last year and said it was excruciating pain. Ruined Deion Sanders's career. It's a bad injury that, from what I've seen, takes about three-four weeks to fully heal properly.

6 hours ago, Max55 said:

Is Peyton Barber the obvious pick up here assuming AG misses time?  Mid to low RB2?

Im assuming JD is already rostered. And of course he plays a different role. 

Barber is the next guy up, but he’s just a plodder. For the fantasy playoffs, they face SF, Sea, and Car, with the Panthers being the only team of the three that doesn’t have a strong run D. Unless you are beyond desperate, I wouldn’t run to the wire for him. With Gibson most likely out a few weeks, instead of running the ball as much, they may choose to use McKissic more on short passes, as they did last night. Smith excels in the short passing game and those short 5-6 yard passes are as good as runs. My 2c 

• Like 4
57 minutes ago, Payne said:

Of course week 1 of the playoffs and I have Gibson and my opponent has JD. Sure JD will get 10 catches for 70 yards and a TD while Gibson will be on my bench. 

Could be worse, you could be like me and have leagues with playoffs this week, week 13, and have Gibson in multiple lineups that all suffered close losses. Better for you this happened this week then next is what I'm saying.

Still trying to come to grips with how I entered a PPR league  playoff last night with a McClaurin, Gibson, Steeler's D and a 7 point lead vs just Aiyuk and lost.

Just now, menobrown said:

Could be worse, you could be like me and have leagues with playoffs this week, week 13, and have Gibson in multiple lineups that all suffered close losses. Better for you this happened this week then next is what I'm saying.

Still trying to come to grips with how I entered a PPR league  playoff last night with a McClaurin, Gibson, Steeler's D and a 7 point lead vs just Aiyuk and lost.

Ouch.  That is a big kick to the nuggets on that one.

• Like 1

Any news on him? Has it been confirmed that it's actually turf toe? Or is no news good news? Seeing as it's been almost 24 hours with no update, should I take this as a good thing?

edit: maybe he just stubbed his toe? lol

Edited by Ostro
add
17 hours ago, rockaction said:

No. They said it was his toe. Nobody said hyperextension or turf toe.

The announcers during the game used the term "hyperextension."  You could also his toe bend way back when he got tackled, so I would assume it's severe turf toe and plan accordingly.

4 minutes ago, Ostro said:

Any news on him? Has it been confirmed that it's actually turf toe? Or is no news good news? Seeing as it's been almost 24 hours with no update, should I take this as a good thing?

I don't see anything on this yet. The tone of what has been reported presupposes that it is serious enough that he will miss a game.

Plan for the worst hope for the best.

15 minutes ago, Buttonhook said:

The announcers during the game used the term "hyperextension."  You could also his toe bend way back when he got tackled, so I would assume it's severe turf toe and plan accordingly.

They used the term "hyperextension" when talking about the exact definition of what turf toe was. Moose Johnston did. I heard that. But they did not say Antonio Gibson had it. Big difference, and one I made sure to note. It may very well be turf toe, but Antonio was not described as having it. 

eta* I agree with you about what it likely is and planning accordingly.

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Ostro said:

That might have been what happened, and it might be "turf toe," according to the telecast.

• Like 1

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Antonio Gibson (toe) is unlikely to play in Week 14 against the 49ers.

Gibson lasted just four snaps on Tuesday night with a "painful case of turf toe." With Washington playing on a short week, his status is in doubt for a matchup with the 49ers in five days. J.D. McKissic will see a larger role if Gibson misses time, with Peyton Barber taking over on early downs. Gibson was averaging 67 yards per game and 5.6 YPC over the last six weeks before going down.

SOURCE: NFL Network

Dec 9, 2020, 9:13 AM ET

18 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

I'd been drooling about starting Gibson & CMC through the playoffs. Can't get both in the lineup together and don't see any way I can trust him even if he's back for the final game. 😢

Tough, but what a great pick he's been. 

I feel your pain, will lose the usage of both Gibson and Mike Davis this week. And now  I see James Robinson is questionable. 

May have to roll with Sanders and Mostert.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

I feel your pain, will lose the usage of both Gibson and Mike Davis this week. And now  I see James Robinson is questionable. 

May have to roll with Sanders and Mostert.

I highly doubt Gibson will be available before week 17. Turf toe lingers and needs multiple weeks to heal properly 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, FGITLOTR said:

I highly doubt Gibson will be available before week 17. Turf toe lingers and needs multiple weeks to heal properly 

Which leads me to waiting for him to land on an IR spot because he's only listed as D at this moment, or just pick up someone like J Wilson and drop Gibson. Say he does come back and play in week 16 or 17 (yes multiple weeks for turf toe). Not sure I have the time to wait for Gibson to be officially ruled out as others watched Wilson too. Mostert and Wilson are sharing almost 50/50 and would step in if any injury to Mostert.

Anyway, that's the risk / reward kind of decisions to be made. I mean that means bye bye Gibson, you started to play really, really well there. Others RB's gotta step it up. 

12 hours ago, Team Smokin' said:
20 hours ago, FGITLOTR said:

Which leads me to waiting for him to land on an IR

Turf toe is typically a multi-week issue and has ended seasons in the past but WFT is tied at 5-7 with the G-Men for first place in the NFCE so I think they will keep listing him doubtful and deactivate him on game days till they are out of it or he shows any signs that he can play.

Awful FF situation for us owners but that is 'likely' how it will play out.  

59 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Turf toe is typically a multi-week issue and has ended seasons in the past but WFT is tied at 5-7 with the G-Men for first place in the NFCE so I think they will keep listing him doubtful and deactivate him on game days till they are out of it or he shows any signs that he can play.

Awful FF situation for us owners but that is 'likely' how it will play out.  

it totally sucks but this injury isn't always multiple weeks.

turf toe, like any sprain, has varying degrees. it can heal up fine within a week and it can linger for months. we don't know what grade gibson's is...

Antonio Gibson (toe) is not practicing Thursday. 

J.D. McKissic and Peyton Barber are reportedly splitting snaps at Thursday's practice. If Gibson doesn't suit up in Week 14 against the Niners -- a near certainty -- McKissic will handle most or all pass catching opportunities while Barber gets the majority of rushing attempts and most of the goal line work. McKissic should be considered a high-end RB2 in PPR formats if Gibson is out. Barber will be a touchdown-dependent RB3. 

RELATED: 

J.D. McKissic

, Peyton Barber

SOURCE: Rhiannon Walker on Twitter

Dec 10, 2020, 1:14 PM ET

Football Team's Antonio Gibson: Seen at practice Wednesday

(1 hr ago) Gibson (toe) was present at practice Wednesday, JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington reports.

Unsurprisingly, Gibson didn't practice last week due to the turf toe injury that he picked up early on Week 13 at Pittsburgh. He may merely be out there to get some work in on the side with Washington's training staff, but he at least appears to be making some progress through his health concern. Wednesday's injury report will make clear whether Gibson was able to practice.

From CBS

WFT sign Lamar Miller from Bears practice squad.  

https://riggosrag.com/2020/12/16/washington-football-team-signs-lamar-miller-off-bears-practice-squad/

This may be for insurance purposes only of course, which would be a sound move.  Neither McK or Barber are "every down backs" and they need at least one besides Gibson.  Of course it remains to be seen what Miller can do...

I get the feeling that Gibson will miss one more but that they'll try to get him on the field those last two games...well see...

• Like 1

Antonio Gibson continues to deal with a toe injury on Wednesday.

Washington did not practice on Wednesday, per the team's release, but a report estimation would have placed Gibson as "out." In Gibson's absence, J.D. McKissic handled 13 touches compared to Peyton Barber's 14, with the former being the far more productive and efficient player. As of now it would be a stretch for Gibson to play in Week 15 against the Seahawks.

Dec 16, 2020, 8:53 PM ET

Antonio Gibson (toe) worked on the side at Thursday's practice. 

It will likely go down as a DNP for Gibson, who missed Week 14 after hurting his toe on his first carry in Week 13 against Pittsburgh.  In Gibson's absence, J.D. McKissic handled 13 touches compared to Peyton Barber's 14, with the former being the more productive and efficient player. Being a game time decision is Gibson's best case scenario for Week 15 against the Seahawks.

RELATED: 

J.D. McKissic

, Peyton Barber

SOURCE: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter

Dec 17, 2020, 1:20 PM ET

Rotoworld:

Antonio Gibson (toe) is considered doubtful for Week 15 against the Seahawks. 

Gibson participated in some running back drills at Friday's practice but won't be able to rejoin the team for a critical Week 15 game against Seattle. With Gibson sidelined last week, J.D. McKissic handled 13 touches and Peyton Barber saw 14 touches against the 49ers. McKissic played 65 percent of the team's offensive snaps while Barber played 48 percent. Alex Smith (calf) being out for Week 15 game crushes McKissic's PPR upside. Both Washington running backs will be RB3/4 options. 

RELATED: 

J.D. McKissic

, Peyton Barber

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Dec 18, 2020, 1:54 PM ET

Antonio Gibson (toe) was limited at Wednesday's practice. 

At long last, Gibson is back at practice. He's missed two games with the toe injury, ceding backfield duties to J.D. McKissic and Peyton Barber. Gibsom practicing on a Wednesday -- even in a limited capacity -- is excellent news for the rookie's Week 16 availability against Carolina. A full complement of snaps and touches for Gibson would make him a RB1 candidate for fantasy championship week. 

RELATED: 

J.D. McKissic

, Peyton Barber

SOURCE: Adam Caplan on Twitter 

Dec 23, 2020, 3:56 PM ET

• Like 1

Antonio Gibson (toe) is questionable for Week 16 against the Panthers.

Washington could also be short both Terry McLaurin (ankle, doubtful) and Alex Smith (calf, questionable) Sunday. Gibson was limited throughout the week and, last fantasy players saw, handled the lion’s share of touches with 20 carries and three scores against Dallas. If Gibson is good to go but Smith remains sidelined, Washington will likely lean on a run-heavy game plan with Gibson filing in as a RB2.

SOURCE: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter

Dec 25, 2020, 1:28 PM ET