What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Antonio Gibson, NE (2 Viewers)

You all are in denial. He’s been with the 1’s all camp getting a ton of work. At it again today:

“Gibson just plowed through the goal line for the touchdown. Nine plays, 6 pass, three run. Haskins was 4/5 and barely missed Logan Thomas in the end zone.”
I like Gibson, I really do. I am a Gibson owner and hope you’re right, the hype surrounding him just reminds me of another Memphis back, Henderson, and even though the book is not closed on him yet he didn’t live up to expectations in his first season.

I like Gibson, I really do. I am a Gibson owner and hope you’re right, the hype surrounding him just reminds me of another Memphis back, Henderson, and even though the book is not closed on him yet he didn’t live up to expectations in his first season.
Huge difference in price though 

It is everyone’s right to project this backfield however they want to. I do not believe you are living in reality if you don’t think he’ll have a major impact this year and can be important to your fantasy team with as minimal as 150 carries and targets: 

“Rookie Antonio Gibson will be a major factor. In fact it wouldn't be a shock if he ends up with the most touches of any back in the group. Not carries, but touches.”

https://twitter.com/32beatwriters/status/1300389495389540352?s=21

Last edited by a moderator:
It is everyone’s right to project this backfield however they want to. I do not believe you are living in reality if you don’t think he’ll have a major impact this year and can be important to your fantasy team with as minimal as 150 carries and targets: 

“Rookie Antonio Gibson will be a major factor. In fact it wouldn't be a shock if he ends up with the most touches of any back in the group. Not carries, but touches.”

https://twitter.com/32beatwriters/status/1300389495389540352?s=21
People cannot imagine him getting 25 carries, so he's not relevant. Like it's 1985 over here. 

Alvin Kamara touch numbers are clearly possible. 

Not sure but I sent out offers for him in all my dynasty leagues that I don't own him (lifelong Skins homer) will be interesting to see how he's valued now. 

Any concerns that Bryce Love is being held back/out the way Washington kept Terry McLaurin out the final few weeks of preseason last year?  Seems like Gibson has gotten more work lately while B Love rested up more.....seems so similar to McLaurin last year......who gets more touches to start the season?

Where does this put him in your rookie ranks? 

I think CEH, Taylor, Dobbins, Akers, Lamb, Jeudy are pretty well locks.  But Gibson now firmly in the 1st round?

I sent out offers for Ron Jones and Vaughn for Gibson in a PPR dynasty and was rejected with no counter. His value is definitely rising...

"We have a plan for (Antonio Gibson). I know we haven't shown you (reporters) the whole plan, and that's part of the secret that we're trying to keep going into the regular season." Coach Rivera said. "There's a lot we can do with a young man like him."

Unsure if this is a totally reliable source, but claims to be directly from Peterson:

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1301871657137643524

Hall of Fame RB Adrian Peterson to me on Washington release: “It caught me by surprise. I was having a strong camp. It was showing up on film, taking #1 reps all the way to this week. I just got notified by the running backs coach yesterday that they want to give these.... [ 1/4]

[Cont] "..young guys some reps, but I didn’t know I was going to get cut, there was no indication. Today (Ron) Rivera just said this is always tough, but yes we’re gonna release you & go with this offensive style. I respect coach. Look (Antonio) Gibson is a hell of a talent...2/4

[Cont] "...This system really fits him. I feel like I can do that pony style too, more as a receiving back. We were all working on it, but they really want one main guy to do it & they drafted Gibson for it. Trust me, I still have a lot in me, more to strive for & do again...3/4

[Peterson to me cont] "...even when there’s doubt. I feel strong & I can build on that as the season wears on. I'll do it again." 4/4

Default ranking in ESPN is currently #139.

Gotta think he rises significantly. Right now, I'm moving him up my board to the 8th round where the likes of Z. Moss, P. Lindsay, and K. Johnson live. Pick 85-96.

Default ranking in ESPN is currently #139.

Gotta think he rises significantly. Right now, I'm moving him up my board to the 8th round where the likes of Z. Moss, P. Lindsay, and K. Johnson live. Pick 85-96.
I've been drafting him (or watching others take him) in the 7th and 8th round all summer. I'd bump him more to like the 5th now. Every site has different ADP though.

I would go 4th round in redraft myself.  
Interesting. So looking at current 4th round ADP, you'd take him over the following? (Remember, this is WFT)

DJ Chark

Terry McLaurin

Tyler Lockett

David Johnson

Jonathan Taylor

all?  some?

Any concerns that Bryce Love is being held back/out the way Washington kept Terry McLaurin out the final few weeks of preseason last year?  Seems like Gibson has gotten more work lately while B Love rested up more.....seems so similar to McLaurin last year......who gets more touches to start the season?
Definitely a concern. I drafted Gibson and passed on Love. 

Giddy up!

Peterson's comments are pretty telling:

a. the system really fits him

b. they want one guy

c. they drafted him to do it

This isn't a coach blowing smoke. This is a veteran HOF guy who just got cut and he is telling it like it is.

Now the only question is can Gibson translate his talent to the NFL and be productive on a consistent basis, unlike college where he was used sparingly.  We will know very soon.

Interesting. So looking at current 4th round ADP, you'd take him over the following? (Remember, this is WFT)

DJ Chark

Terry McLaurin

Tyler Lockett

David Johnson

Jonathan Taylor

all?  some?
I'd take him over Lockett. But not the others, or the other probably 10 names I have in that area that I like. 

I *will* celebrate the various shares I have where I got him between the 7th and 11th though.

Yeah, zagging didn't work out so well for those who didn't take Conner 2 years ago.  He may not have "helped" the teams that had him, but he killed the teams that didn't.  Sometimes you gotta zig with the crowd.
Yes, but Conner >>> Gibson. Feel like Love is the shark move in redraft. 

I’m unlikely to take either because I want as few shares of the Washington WTFs as possible. Sorry, WFTs. Always mix that up.

McLovin is the only WFT I want. 

WTF is better. 
Agreed. They could have picked a name. Hogs woulda been perfect. This is Snyder giving everyone a middle finger for being told what to do, 100%.

Anyway, back on topic, I might take Gibson tonight if his price is right. Like 10th round or later. Then grab Love even later & have back off the bench options. We’ll see how my draft goes - never say never, right?

Users who are viewing this thread