What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rank em' (WRs) Now That We Have Landing Spots (1 Viewer)

battlestar

Footballguy
Didn't see one, and with respect to Ack88, let's do this for receivers, now that we know where many have landed.

I'll start:

Jeudy - looking forward to he Denver offense - see his role as key

Lamb - believe he will beocme the WR1 eventually

Ruggs - Imagining him running free as long as they can get him  the ball

Reagor -fits the need of this offense i think

Jefferson - could be a dual threat with Thielen and eventually will overtake 

Mims - hoping that Jets offense can turn a corner - if so it will be in part due to Mims

Aiyuk - SanFran has a type they like - is he better than Deebo?  Lots of mouths to feed...

Higgins - nice to have a weapon for Burrow for which he already has familiarity 

Pittman - Good fit for the Indy offense

Edwards - Oak rebuilt that WR room - good fit

Shanault - Takes away from Dede a bit?

Hamler - could be pushing for snaps beofre Hamilton soon enough...

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly wonder if Ruggs shouldn't be taken higher. The blue print is there on how to use him (T. Hill) and he was the first taken...that top 3 is just so absurdly good...the entire class is really. 

Give me Lamb over Jeudy here . . . clearer path to WR1 in a couple years . . .

Lamb

Jeudy

Reagor - 1st year impact

Ruggs - won't be taking this guy unless he falls a long way, but could be #1 target in LV

Jefferson - if he gets 2/3 of Diggs in 1st year don't be surprised.

Aiyuk - love his upside

Pittman - what are we to make of Paris Campbell?

Higgins - lady in waiting until Green departs??

Shanault - health is the only thing that will keep him from significance, but it's a large risk

Mims - not sure what to make of this one - some question his hands

Edwards - loved him predraft, but landing spot suggests limited opportunities

I honestly wonder if Ruggs shouldn't be taken higher. The blue print is there on how to use him (T. Hill) and he was the first taken...that top 3 is just so absurdly good...the entire class is really. 
In my return yardage league i'd love for him to fall to me at 5.

Lamb

Reagor

J Jefferson

Jeudy

Ruggs

Higgins

Shenault

Mims

Aiyuk

Edwards

Pittman

Claypool

Hamler

V Jefferson

Duvernay

Gibson

Bowden

Didn't see one, and with respect to Ack88, let's do this for receivers, now that we know where many have landed.

I'll start:

Jeudy - looking forward to he Denver offense - see his role as key - cream will rise to the top here

Lamb - believe he will beocme the WR1 eventually - Maybe, but as long as Cooper is there forget about it coming soon

Ruggs - Imagining him running free as long as they can get him  the ball - how many WRs did they draft?

Reagor -fits the need of this offense i think - Like him in Philly

Jefferson - could be a dual threat with Thielen and eventually will overtake - Like him here

Mims - hoping that Jets offense can turn a corner - if so it will be in part due to Mims - Hard for me to get excited in anyone with the Jets

Aiyuk - SanFran has a type they like - is he better than Deebo?  Lots of mouths to feed...- I don't think Deebo has anything to worry about, Aiyuk was a little overrated

Higgins - nice to have a weapon for Burrow for which he already has familiarity - How is Burrow familiar with Higgins?  They played on two different teams.

Pittman - Good fit for the Indy offense - I like the pick for Indy.  I was actually glad to see the Bengals take Higgins, because I wanted Pittman to the Colts, not Higgins

Edwards - Oak rebuilt that WR room - good fit - terrible spot for Edwards.  How many WRs did they draft?

Shanault - Takes away from Dede a bit? -  Let's see if he can stay on the field

Hamler - could be pushing for snaps beofre Hamilton soon enough...Might be a good spot for him if Lock develops.  I expect Hamler to push the riff raff from view

Give me Lamb over Jeudy here . . . clearer path to WR1 in a couple years . . .

Lamb

Jeudy

Reagor - 1st year impact - yes

Ruggs - won't be taking this guy unless he falls a long way, but could be #1 target in LV

Jefferson - if he gets 2/3 of Diggs in 1st year don't be surprised.

Aiyuk - love his upside - overrated by fantasy players?

Pittman - what are we to make of Paris Campbell? - Average at best

Higgins - lady in waiting until Green departs??

Shanault - health is the only thing that will keep him from significance, but it's a large risk

Mims - not sure what to make of this one - some question his hands - Ugh landing spot, or maybe it's just my attitude toward the Jets

Edwards - loved him predraft, but landing spot suggests limited opportunities - I won't be drafting him unless it's late 3rd or 4th round in rookie drafts

Oooooooook this is gonna be harder for me than the RBs. This is fluid. Not planting any flags yet. That comes next week when I'm OTC at 1.04/1.05 and I take RB/Jefferson. Or trade back. I have many leagues and many picks, but my team that has the 1.04/1.05 also has 1.12 and 2.03, and this is the team I am probably chewing over my strategy the most on. And that 1.05 territory is going to really diverge this year in rookie drafts, based on who people's top WR is. The fact that I like Jefferson so much means I might try to trade back, but I also haven't read any responses on this thread yet, so I am super curious to see how far people might have bumped him up. So here goes my first cut:

Jefferson
Reagor
Lamb

Pittman Jr
Jeudy

Edwards
Mims
Higgins

Aiyuk

Duvernay
Ruggs
Shenault
Van Jefferson

Yeah that feels about right for the moment. 

Regarding the familiarity between Burrow and Higgins - i thought they mentioned on the draft broadcast last night that these two had thrown the ball around together recently...nothing huge but interesting and not trying to be misleading here.

Regarding the familiarity between Burrow and Higgins - i thought they mentioned on the draft broadcast last night that these two had thrown the ball around together recently...nothing huge but interesting and not trying to be misleading here.
yeah I heard that last night as well.

Not sure I would call throwing a few balls around familiarity. 
Fair enough - how about mutual interest/respect? Point is, they wanted to connect and play together and now are going to grow together in the NFL.  I just find that interesting but for sure my choice of words didn't get that across.

Hush.

I'm hoping he falls to 9 (super flex so possibly)

Fair enough - how about mutual interest/respect? Point is, they wanted to connect and play together and now are going to grow together in the NFL.  I just find that interesting but for sure my choice of words didn't get that across.
I think the Bengals was a good landing spot for Higgins, but as a Colts fan I was elated when they took Higgins and the Colts took Pittman.

Rough Draft:

Lamb>Reagor>Jeudy

Shenault>Jefferson>Higgins>Pittman>Claypool

Ruggs>Gibson

Mims>Duvernay>Aiyuk>Edwards

Bowden>Hamler

Mine's gonna look so different

Lamb
Mims
Ruggs
Edwards

Pittman Jr.
Jefferson
Jeudy
Higgins

Shenault
Aiyuk
Duvernay
Claypool

Tyler Johnson
Antonio Gibson (I'm guessing he's an RB)
Bowden (I'm guessing he's also an RB)
Hamler
Joe Reed

Mine's gonna look so different

Lamb
Mims
Ruggs
Edwards

Pittman Jr.
Jefferson
Jeudy
Higgins

Shenault
Aiyuk
Duvernay
Claypool

Tyler Johnson
Antonio Gibson (I'm guessing he's an RB)
Bowden (I'm guessing he's also an RB)
Hamler
Joe Reed
Raegor ?! 

1. Lamb

2. Justin Jefferson

3. Reagor

4. Mims

5. Jeudy

6. Ruggs

7. Pittman

8. Shenault

9. Edwards

10. Higgins

11. Aiyuk

12. Claypool

I might be in the minority, but I think it was mostly bad news. A lot of redundant spots and teams with limited QBs. No slam dunks that went into top offenses. 
I think the whole darn draft was pretty bad for rookies, but nobody seems to agree with me. I think the running back situations were especially noxious. But yeah, something like Lamb going as the WR3 to a team with Cooper and Gullup or Jeudy to a Lock-led team? Ooof. Not what people had hoped for. Mims went to a terrible fantasy situation, too, all things considered.

eta* And Jefferson, a slot guy, went to a place where they've already got a big slot and he'll be asked to move outside most likely. Ruggs, Bowden, Edwards, T. Williams, Renfrow, and Waller? Too many mouths. Aiyuk to a questionable Jimmy G-led run first offense? The whole shebang of it went down. 

Ruggs-not gonna out-think this one...real talented kid taken as the first WR with a very easy path to production

Jefferson-great fit...I see him being PPR gold

Jeudy-Gonna be fantasy relevant but it's gonna be hard for him to blow up with Sutton-Fant-Hamler there

Reagor-Situation matters and he is in a good one

Lamb-Sorry, but I am not waiting 2-3 years until he blows up...I will let someone else take him early and if he looks the part I will try to trade for him later

Pittman-Not totally sure what to make of him but the opportunity is definitely there

Aiyuk-Lynch/Shanahan know what they are doing and if they use a #1 on him that says a lot

Shenault-Total boom or bust but I like where he landed, he has an easy path to production if he's legit

Mims-No one has an easier path to numbers then him

Edwards-if he is legit he can end up being a nice duo with Ruggs, he is a guy you may have to commit to wait on

Higgins/Jefferson-even if they hit there's too much around them to be fantasy relevant for awhile...I will let someone else deal with the early years

I think the whole darn draft was pretty bad for rookies, but nobody seems to agree with me. I think the running back situations were especially noxious. But yeah, something like Lamb going as the WR3 to a team with Cooper and Gullup or Jeudy to a Lock-led team? Ooof. Not what people had hoped for. Mims went to a terrible fantasy situation, too, all things considered.

eta* And Jefferson, a slot guy, went to a place where they've already got a big slot and he'll be asked to move outside most likely. Ruggs, Bowden, Edwards, T. Williams, Renfrow, and Waller? Too many mouths. Aiyuk to a questionable Jimmy G-led run first offense? The whole shebang of it went down. 
There's a couple WR/RB that went to good great spots but overall I agree. If I don't have a top 3 pick I'm trading out of this draft. 

There's a couple WR/RB that went to good great spots but overall I agree. If I don't have a top 3 pick I'm trading out of this draft. 
Interesting. I'm quite happy to keep my late firsts. I don't know if I'd trade for more, but there are some really good players who will be available later than usual. 

Interesting. I'm quite happy to keep my late firsts. I don't know if I'd trade for more, but there are some really good players who will be available later than usual. 
Yep, the back half of the 1st round is better than it usually is. I'd still say that the top couple picks are pretty good to. I usually draft talent over landing spot but after the top 5 RBs you might have to if you want a RB. Top 6 WRs are a crap shoot. They all could be #1 or busts. Then there are 4 or 5 quality WRs after that. You're going to have a hard time trading up into the top 5. Most teams are RB starved to begin with. If you have a late first, just try to make the best pick you can. Unless you trade for a proven vet, are you going to trade for a 1st next year? Unless you are sure of getting a top 2 pick, will the back half of the 2021 draft be better than this one? I highly doubt it.

I mostly agree on the WRs, which is a bummer bc that’s a position I love to build around. I really like the RB landing spots. CEH, Taylor, and Dobbins all went to strong franchises with essential elements for RB success (QB, offensive line, and/or offensive coaches). 

On the WRs, my enthusiasm for Lamb remains solid and I’ll still take him high. I can wait. Just love the player. For just about everyone else? I think you’ve summarized the downsides well. I will say that I think Jefferson can emerge in MN given Thielen’s age but it’ll take additional patience. Reagor went to a pretty ideal immediate situation so I need to make up my mind on his talent. I actually think NYJ could be ok for Mims if Gase doesn’t completely break Darnold before being shown the exit. 

Things change fast in the NFL. Dallas is a great landing spot. Gallup is a FA after 21 and Cooper is consistently questionable. Plenty of chance to rise to the top with a young promising quarterback. Lamb still in competition for number one overall for me in rookie draft.

CEH - great spot
Taylor - great spot
Dobbins - great spot
Jefferson - great spot
Reagor - great spot
Pittman Jr - great spot
Higgins - great spot
Mims - good spot
Aiyuk - good spot
Akers - meh spot
Swift - meh spot
Jeudy - meh spot
Lamb - meh spot
Ruggs - meh spot
Edwards - great spot 
Vaughn - great spot
Moss - meh spot
Dillon - whoa, not sure what to think i'll probably reach in the 2nd and stash him in case they ship Jones, spot

Honestly I think it was a great draft for fantasy, other than to say I think the landscape is being dramatically rewritten. It churns every year, but I think this draft is going to live up to the hype. Adjust your boards, folks. The landing spots that I'm calling just good or meh, could all be upgraded to great. And if talent wins out over situation then these meh spots are some of the most talented, so...... Obviously the rose colored glasses effect could be in play. No doubt some of the ones I'm calling great will bust. 

I would really like to acquire some more late 1sts/early 2nds. My temp right now is 98.6. 

Right now, I'd say my WR board goes:

1. Ruggs(instant #1, with decent offense/QB)

2. Reagor(instant #1 with decent offense/QB)

3. Jefferson(instant #2, with path to #1, with decent offense/QB)

4. Higgins(instant #2, with path to #1, with decent offense/QB)

5. Pittman(instant #2 with path to #1, with good offense/long term QB questions)

6. Shenault(instant #2 with path to #1, with bad offense/questionable QB)

7. Jeudy(instant #2, but unlikely #1, with ok offense/questionable QB)

8. Lamb(instant #3, very unlikely #1, with great offense/QB)

9. Mims (instant #3, with path to #1, in bad offense with questionable QB)

10. Aiyuk(instant #2, but unlikely #1, in good offense with decent QB)

I don't think Jeudy or Lamb landed in good spots at all, even though I think they are elite prospects. I wouldn't take any WR over the top-5 RB's. I think I am probably going to be the highest on Ruggs, but I think he's the clear cut #1 WR, and am mildly surprised so many are lower on him. 

some of these lists are so different... it’s great !

Lamb - best WR in class I think, good offence for multiple years 

Raegor and Jefferson - Raegor all rounder with immediate chance, Jefferson immediate chance and will be interchangeable on field with Thielen 

Ruggs, Mims, Jeudy - not a great fan of Ruggs but hard to argue on draft position and outright speed to burn. Mims just has opportunity to very quickly become the go to guy for Darnold going forward for the next multiple years. Darnold does like to throw as well. Jeudy, talent yes, crowded WR corps 

Edwards - will be the sneaky pick, if Ruggs is a deep threat, Bowden a gadget then Edwards could be the best all rounder. Top of breakout finder. 

Higgins, Pittman, Shenault, Aiyuk 

Yeah I might have worded this wrong and said it to soon. Looked into it a bit more and I'll be happy to pick a prospect at 1.12. My comment was more about immediate help but now I think there will be a couple guys there that could help immediately. 

With no offseason workouts or training camp maybe I think it hurts the rookie WR pretty bad. 

I did trade all my 2nds though.......

Yeah I might have worded this wrong and said it to soon. Looked into it a bit more and I'll be happy to pick a prospect at 1.12. My comment was more about immediate help but now I think there will be a couple guys there that could help immediately. 

With no offseason workouts or training camp maybe I think it hurts the rookie WR pretty bad. 

I did trade all my 2nds though.......
I'll readily agree with the bold. The longer it takes to get practicing together, the more veteran teams without a lot of changes will be better off, at first anyway. 

Rough Draft:

Lamb>Reagor>Jeudy

Shenault>Jefferson>Higgins>Pittman>Claypool

Ruggs>Gibson

Mims>Duvernay>Aiyuk>Edwards

Bowden>Hamler
:thumbup:  Similarly high on Shenault.

I have higher hopes than most with the Jags pass game with Minshew. Most believe they'll be amongst the worst. I give them a fighting shot to be middle of pack if Minshew continues improving. Think Shenault's a great selection opposite DJ Chark.

:thumbup:  Similarly high on Shenault.

I have higher hopes than most with the Jags pass game with Minshew. Most believe they'll be amongst the worst. I give them a fighting shot to be middle of pack if Minshew continues improving. Think Shenault's a great selection opposite DJ Chark.
They needed to address their OL. If they fix that their offense would be top 15. I don't think they did address it in the draft but I'm not sure who they signed. They had a great draft though.....that defense is going to be nasty again. 

Ruggs- Gruden will force him the ball

Lamb- talented, good young QB in dak, while there may be a lot of mouths to feed I think the long term pays out

Reagor- should get targets by default, and is pretty good anyway

Jefferson- He’s perhaps as nfl ready as they come, I’d say his floor is  cooper kupp.

Jeudy- Great we, but I think Sutton will get more targets, how long is the question. Good football player, not sure if it will translate to fantasy on that team.

aiyuk- early pick and weak depth chart so targets will abound, but will struggle to have consistent numbers in that offense week to week. 

pittman- will be the wr1 within 3 years, feel like a safe investment

Higgins- reminds me of kelvin rather than Calvin. He should get opportunity, but that seems like a crowded chart, even a year from now. 

Claypool- really want to list him higher, and I might by the time drafts roll around. I’m high on Claypool but admit it’s hard to get too bold with him. Seems like the kind of guy Ben likes to lob it up to. Juju could move on soon. Lots of dionte Johnson hype this offseason, so lots of people want to dismiss Claypool as some sort of project. He could flirt with 10 tds with a healthy Ben, even as the 3rd wr.

• Smile
Reactions: LBH
Ruggs- Gruden will force him the ball

Lamb- talented, good young QB in dak, while there may be a lot of mouths to feed I think the long term pays out

Reagor- should get targets by default, and is pretty good anyway

Jefferson- He’s perhaps as nfl ready as they come, I’d say his floor is  cooper kupp.

Jeudy- Great we, but I think Sutton will get more targets, how long is the question. Good football player, not sure if it will translate to fantasy on that team.

aiyuk- early pick and weak depth chart so targets will abound, but will struggle to have consistent numbers in that offense week to week. 

pittman- will be the wr1 within 3 years, feel like a safe investment

Higgins- reminds me of kelvin rather than Calvin. He should get opportunity, but that seems like a crowded chart, even a year from now. 

Claypool- really want to list him higher, and I might by the time drafts roll around. I’m high on Claypool but admit it’s hard to get too bold with him. Seems like the kind of guy Ben likes to lob it up to. Juju could move on soon. Lots of dionte Johnson hype this offseason, so lots of people want to dismiss Claypool as some sort of project. He could flirt with 10 tds with a healthy Ben, even as the 3rd wr.
No Mims?

They needed to address their OL. If they fix that their offense would be top 15. I don't think they did address it in the draft but I'm not sure who they signed. They had a great draft though.....tha TD defense is going to be nasty again. 
I loved Jacksonville's two picks in the first round.

I had a hard time with this. Mainly uncoupling my perception of these players overall talent prior to the draft with the new reality of where they were selected.

17 CeDee Lamb DAL - My top WR of this class. Got paired with a good QB. Lots of competition for targets. He was only the 3rd WR selected. But I can't take any other WR over him.

15 Jerry Juedy DEN - I like the fit okay here although I have some questions about Lock's upside, I think Juedy quickly becomes their number one target.

12 Henry Ruggs LAR - I think I still need to go back and learn more about Ruggs. As the Z WR for the Raiders I expect him to be busy and I will go with the draft position. I love Edwards though and I can see a scenario where he becomes the Raiders top WR instead. I am still uncertain about putting him here.

21 Jalen Reagor PHI - I love Reagor and his opportunity is fantastic. Before the draft I had him ahead of Ruggs. Maybe after the dust settles I will again.

22 Justin Jefferson MIN - While I like Jefferson a lot he wasn't my first choice for the Vikings. I see him replacing Diggs eventually and he almost certainly will start right away, 

25 Brandon Aiyuk SF - I struggled with this as I also like Deebo Samuel a lot, and their skill sets have some overlap. The main player I wanted to rank ahead of him is Mimz, but ultimately the draft position, supporting cast wins out.

33 Tee Higgins CIN - I also had Mimz higher than Higgins before the draft, but again I will go with the draft position, the competition on the Bengals for opportunities is much higher than what Aiyuk has, but the passing attempts likely to be much higher as well. It was very close between those 2 and Mimz for me.

59 Denzel Mimz NYJ - The QB and especially the coach really worry me. I think Mimz is great though and the opportunity should be great also.

34 Michael Pittman IND - I didn't think Pittman would get drafted this high. Its a great opportunity and I can't ignore the high draft pick invested in him.

81 Bryan Edwards LVR - This is where I am going to go off the rails a bit. I like Edwards so much I wanted to rank him right after Jefferson. I had a hard time moving him and Mimz down this ranking. I think he has a shot to become the top WR for the Raiders. However due to the draft position and also the competition he has for opportunities from Ruggs and other good players on the Raiders, I tried to be reasonable. Its just painful to me the idea of taking Pittman and so on ahead of him. This is where the buck stopped for me.

42 Laviska Shenault JAX - Great opportunity and very high draft position has him here. I should have him ahead of Edwards based on draft position and opportunity, I just couldn't actually do that.

57 Van Jefferson LAR - Jefferson should be recovered and he is a polished WR ready to play. Maybe he becomes the next Woods in time.

49 Chase Claypool PIT - The Steelers have a great track record with WR and this is a really high pick they used on him. I don't believe in him as a high volume WR though. I may be completely missing the boat here.

46 KJ Hamler DEN - A good but niche player. With Sutton and Juedy there he is going to help their offense but I don't see enough balls going his way to rank him higher than this.

There are a couple other WR from the top 100 Devin Duvernay and Lynn Bowden who I haven't watched yet so I didn't rank them.

I did a combined RB/WR ranking as well to help me get to the above list. I made one change in the RB rrankings while doing that, which was to rank KeShaun Vaughn ahead of Zach Moss.

Here is what the combined list looks like right now

32 Clyde Edwards Helare KC
41 Johnathan Taylor IND

55 JK Dobbins BAL
35 DeAndre Swift DET
17 CeDee Lamb DAL
15 Jerry Juedy DEN
12 Henry Ruggs LAR
52 Can Akers RAM

21 Jalen Reagor PHI
22 Justin Jefferson MIN
25 Brandon Aiyuk SF
33 Tee Higgins CIN
59 Denzel Mimz NYJ
34 Michael Pittman IND
42 Laviska Shenault JAX
81 Bryan Edwards LVR
57 Van Jefferson LAR
76 KeShaun Vaughn TAM
86 Zach Moss BUF
62 AJ Dillon GBP
49 Chase Claypool PIT
46 KJ Hamler DEN

Great work @Biabreakable 

One thing I thought worth noting in relation to your comments about Mims - it may seem like Mims dropped ( and he did in relation to some other WRs )  but he was still taken in the second round by a team that valued him high. I believe he was taken in almost the same spot that DK Metcalf was last year. I think I saw the idea that Mims had a proper ‘slide’ as it were doing the rounds yesterday, but i don’t think the reality is quite the case, certainly not to the point where I would consider the merits of his drafting position in conjunction with other things like his own abilities and landing spot etc. 2nd round is still very high. 

I had a hard time with this. Mainly uncoupling my perception of these players overall talent prior to the draft with the new reality of where they were selected.

17 CeDee Lamb DAL - My top WR of this class. Got paired with a good QB. Lots of competition for targets. He was only the 3rd WR selected. But I can't take any other WR over him.

15 Jerry Juedy DEN - I like the fit okay here although I have some questions about Lock's upside, I think Juedy quickly becomes their number one target.

12 Henry Ruggs LAR - I think I still need to go back and learn more about Ruggs. As the Z WR for the Raiders I expect him to be busy and I will go with the draft position. I love Edwards though and I can see a scenario where he becomes the Raiders top WR instead. I am still uncertain about putting him here.

21 Jalen Reagor PHI - I love Reagor and his opportunity is fantastic. Before the draft I had him ahead of Ruggs. Maybe after the dust settles I will again.

22 Justin Jefferson MIN - While I like Jefferson a lot he wasn't my first choice for the Vikings. I see him replacing Diggs eventually and he almost certainly will start right away, 

25 Brandon Aiyuk SF - I struggled with this as I also like Deebo Samuel a lot, and their skill sets have some overlap. The main player I wanted to rank ahead of him is Mimz, but ultimately the draft position, supporting cast wins out.

33 Tee Higgins CIN - I also had Mimz higher than Higgins before the draft, but again I will go with the draft position, the competition on the Bengals for opportunities is much higher than what Aiyuk has, but the passing attempts likely to be much higher as well. It was very close between those 2 and Mimz for me.

59 Denzel Mimz NYJ - The QB and especially the coach really worry me. I think Mimz is great though and the opportunity should be great also.

34 Michael Pittman IND - I didn't think Pittman would get drafted this high. Its a great opportunity and I can't ignore the high draft pick invested in him.

81 Bryan Edwards LVR - This is where I am going to go off the rails a bit. I like Edwards so much I wanted to rank him right after Jefferson. I had a hard time moving him and Mimz down this ranking. I think he has a shot to become the top WR for the Raiders. However due to the draft position and also the competition he has for opportunities from Ruggs and other good players on the Raiders, I tried to be reasonable. Its just painful to me the idea of taking Pittman and so on ahead of him. This is where the buck stopped for me.

42 Laviska Shenault JAX - Great opportunity and very high draft position has him here. I should have him ahead of Edwards based on draft position and opportunity, I just couldn't actually do that.

57 Van Jefferson LAR - Jefferson should be recovered and he is a polished WR ready to play. Maybe he becomes the next Woods in time.

49 Chase Claypool PIT - The Steelers have a great track record with WR and this is a really high pick they used on him. I don't believe in him as a high volume WR though. I may be completely missing the boat here.

46 KJ Hamler DEN - A good but niche player. With Sutton and Juedy there he is going to help their offense but I don't see enough balls going his way to rank him higher than this.

There are a couple other WR from the top 100 Devin Duvernay and Lynn Bowden who I haven't watched yet so I didn't rank them.

I did a combined RB/WR ranking as well to help me get to the above list. I made one change in the RB rrankings while doing that, which was to rank KeShaun Vaughn ahead of Zach Moss.

Here is what the combined list looks like right now

32 Clyde Edwards Helare KC
41 Johnathan Taylor IND

55 JK Dobbins BAL
35 DeAndre Swift DET
17 CeDee Lamb DAL
15 Jerry Juedy DEN
12 Henry Ruggs LAR
52 Can Akers RAM

21 Jalen Reagor PHI
22 Justin Jefferson MIN
25 Brandon Aiyuk SF
33 Tee Higgins CIN
59 Denzel Mimz NYJ
34 Michael Pittman IND
42 Laviska Shenault JAX
81 Bryan Edwards LVR
57 Van Jefferson LAR
76 KeShaun Vaughn TAM
86 Zach Moss BUF
62 AJ Dillon GBP
49 Chase Claypool PIT
46 KJ Hamler DEN
Like it. I’d push Reagor into the 2nd tier. 

Right now, I'd say my WR board goes:

1. Ruggs(instant #1, with decent offense/QB)

2. Reagor(instant #1 with decent offense/QB)

3. Jefferson(instant #2, with path to #1, with decent offense/QB)

4. Higgins(instant #2, with path to #1, with decent offense/QB)

5. Pittman(instant #2 with path to #1, with good offense/long term QB questions)

6. Shenault(instant #2 with path to #1, with bad offense/questionable QB)

7. Jeudy(instant #2, but unlikely #1, with ok offense/questionable QB)

8. Lamb(instant #3, very unlikely #1, with great offense/QB)

9. Mims (instant #3, with path to #1, in bad offense with questionable QB)

10. Aiyuk(instant #2, but unlikely #1, in good offense with decent QB)

I don't think Jeudy or Lamb landed in good spots at all, even though I think they are elite prospects. I wouldn't take any WR over the top-5 RB's. I think I am probably going to be the highest on Ruggs, but I think he's the clear cut #1 WR, and am mildly surprised so many are lower on him. 
You see Higgins walking into camp and being #2 in front of Boyd?  Bengals invested in a pretty substantial contract with Boyd and he has played well the last two years. I see Higgins as instant #3.  And he is going to be fourth in line for targets after Green, Boyd and Mixon. 

Great work @Biabreakable 

One thing I thought worth noting in relation to your comments about Mims - it may seem like Mims dropped ( and he did in relation to some other WRs )  but he was still taken in the second round by a team that valued him high. I believe he was taken in almost the same spot that DK Metcalf was last year. I think I saw the idea that Mims had a proper ‘slide’ as it were doing the rounds yesterday, but i don’t think the reality is quite the case, certainly not to the point where I would consider the merits of his drafting position in conjunction with other things like his own abilities and landing spot etc. 2nd round is still very high. 
You make some good points and perhaps I should stick with my instincts with Mimz and Edwards.

My mind isn't made up. I just wanted to put something down for now.

Users who are viewing this thread