What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jacob Eason QB Panthers (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
I like the pick. He can sit for two years and then see what he's got. I'd much rather have him than someone like Fromm

Last edited:
Colts selected Washington QB Jacob Eason with the No. 122 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Eason (6’6/231) began his collegiate career at Georgia, but after a rocky 1.5 seasons, he opted to transfer to Washington where he started as a junior. With the Huskies, he only tossed 12 touchdowns to seven interceptions in his nine games against the beatable Pac-12 Conference. He’s always looked the part on the field and certainly has the high-end arm strength scouts look for, but his anticipation, accuracy, and short-area touch must improve to earn a starting job in the NFL because he lacks the athleticism to mask any in-pocket concerns. The former five-star recruit “rushed” for a not so nice -69 yards last season, constantly losing extra yards on sacks while thinking he was more athletic than he is. Eason is best viewed as a project who will undoubtedly receive more chances to develop than other NFL backups given his size, arm strength, and pedigree. Philip Rivers is only under contract for the 2020 season.

Apr 25, 2020, 12:53 PM ET

Colts selected Washington QB Jacob Eason with the No. 122 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Eason (6’6/231) began his collegiate career at Georgia, but after a rocky 1.5 seasons, he opted to transfer to Washington where he started as a junior. With the Huskies, he only tossed 12 touchdowns to seven interceptions in his nine games against the beatable Pac-12 Conference. He’s always looked the part on the field and certainly has the high-end arm strength scouts look for, but his anticipation, accuracy, and short-area touch must improve to earn a starting job in the NFL because he lacks the athleticism to mask any in-pocket concerns. The former five-star recruit “rushed” for a not so nice -69 yards last season, constantly losing extra yards on sacks while thinking he was more athletic than he is. Eason is best viewed as a project who will undoubtedly receive more chances to develop than other NFL backups given his size, arm strength, and pedigree. Philip Rivers is only under contract for the 2020 season.

Apr 25, 2020, 12:53 PM ET
late to the party?

The only live game I went to this year happened to be Stanford vs. Washington.

Not going to act like an expert on Eason after watching one game, but I got a Brock Osweiler vibe from him.

Tall with a lean frame. Cannon arm. Suspect football IQ/decision-making.

Any hope for this guy after a somewhat promising preseason opener? He’s got a cannon for an arm, and made good decisions for the most part. 

My interest lies in superflex leagues only where I wonder if he gets a chance and plays well, can he displace Wentz who’s not had a great run of late. 

Jacob Eason completed 2-of-5 passes for 25 yards and an interception in the Colts Week 2 loss to the Rams. 

Eason played late in the 4th quarter with Carson Wentz knocked out the game with an ankle injury. He threw a back breaking interception on his second attempt of the game, with the Colts down three and attempting a field goal drive. The Colts could be in for a long day against the Titans in Week 3 if forced to start Eason.

Seahawks claimed QB Jacob Eason off waivers from the Colts.

With Russell Wilson currently on injured reserve due to a finger injury and Geno Smith the only other quarterback on their active roster, Seattle was forced to call up Jake Lutton from the practice squad for their Week 6 matchup with the Steelers. Lutton can only be elevated one more time. He would count against the 53-man roster if brought up a third time. Eason figures to be the temporary backup to Smith until Wilson returns. Eason was waived by the Colts after being beaten out by Brett Hundley for the backup gig in Indianapolis. Eason is a mistake-prone statue in the pocket and has one interception on five passes this year. Seahawks fans should hope that Smith can stay healthy until their star passer is back in the lineup.  

SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Oct 20, 2021, 4:52 PM ET

need a rename @JohnnyU

Jacob Eason completed 3-of-5 passes for 59 yards and an interception in the Panthers' 24-10, Week 6 loss to the Rams.

Forced into the game for the Panthers' final series after fill-in starter P.J. Walker suffered a neck injury, Eason generated one fewer passing yard than Walker. He also tossed a game-sealing interception in the end zone, one the Rams corralled following a tip drill. The vast majority of Eason's "production" came on a Christian McCaffrey catch-and-run. Eason could be thrown into the fire for Week 7 vs. the Bucs with Walker and Baker Mayfield (ankle) both highly questionable. Sam Darnold (ankle) still isn't ready, though he could be cleared to practice this week.

- NBCSportsEDGE

need a rename @JohnnyU

Jacob Eason completed 3-of-5 passes for 59 yards and an interception in the Panthers' 24-10, Week 6 loss to the Rams.

Forced into the game for the Panthers' final series after fill-in starter P.J. Walker suffered a neck injury, Eason generated one fewer passing yard than Walker. He also tossed a game-sealing interception in the end zone, one the Rams corralled following a tip drill. The vast majority of Eason's "production" came on a Christian McCaffrey catch-and-run. Eason could be thrown into the fire for Week 7 vs. the Bucs with Walker and Baker Mayfield (ankle) both highly questionable. Sam Darnold (ankle) still isn't ready, though he could be cleared to practice this week.

- NBCSportsEDGE
He's not worth a rename is he? Ok I will, but don't send me these kind of requests again unless the player is worth it :)

His dad is Tony Eason, but not that Tony Eason unfortunately. Otherwise there may be some DNA to work with here.

Users who are viewing this thread