What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Winners (1 Viewer)

starks

Footballguy
Plenty of losers like every year but wanted to see who came out smelling good. 

James Conner : steelers didn't draft an RB until 4th round. Many thought this was a higher need

Todd Gurley: 4 picks in and no Rb, looks like they are fine to run him into ground on a one year deal.

Who else? 

James Conner : steelers didn't draft an RB until 4th round. Many thought this was a higher need

Todd Gurley: 4 picks in and no Rb, looks like they are fine to run him into ground on a one year deal.

Who else? 
Perhaps for 2020, but the Steelers aren't high on Conner right now and he's a FA in 2021.  I don't expect he will be on the roster in 2021.

DJ Chark. As a guy who rosters him, he dodged the #1 Jeudy or Lamb bullets. I think those guys are more traditional #1 guys in a target sense and Shenault is more of a non-traditional gadget guy, allowing Chark to increase his targets this year.

I also think Drew Lock really won out. He's got a ton of weapons at his disposal.

Raheem Mostert has won out so far as well.

Perhaps for 2020, but the Steelers aren't high on Conner right now and he's a FA in 2021.  I don't expect he will be on the roster in 2021.
I can definitely see that, I don't see him being on roster after next year either but unless you are a super stud it's year to year anyways

The Steelers could've picked Dobbins, Akers, Moss or Vaughn yesterday or they could've traded for Fournette.

For redraft leagues McFarland in the 4th is actually a great news for Conner.

Chris Carson

Seattle choosing not to spend any of their first four picks on the position with Carson and Penny ending the season with injuries bodes well for his recovery progress and 2020 outlook.

Mostert and Guice (Gibson is more a WR/3rd down RB, considering AP is 67 I'd say they are showing some faith in Guice as the early down back) 
One more year of injuries for Guice and he's done as a possible starter any time soon.

I think that's fair. His limited body of work is still VERY impressive IMO. Its make or break this year for sure. 
He had one game where he rushed for over one hundred yards. Against Carolina, who everybody tore up. Color me confused here. His other four games in the lineup he averaged like less than fifty. 

Full disclosure: I dumped him for peanuts while his "objective" valuation was still high, so I'm biased. I simply thought I was beating an inevitable market downturn. 

Terry McLaurin doesn't have much competition.
I was almost able to swing him from my Boyd in a trade, but it was thought about for a day and declined. The deal was so even, the person just elected to stick where it was. I almost implored him that I was offering the deal because I thought Terry was better, but that was hardly a good negotiating tactic.

Anyway, Scary Terry, I hardly knew ye. Miss ya already.

Who else? 
Looks like it’s not to unrealistic to think Gurley is in line for another RB1 season.  He’s definitely a big winner from this draft.

Add Breida to the list. I think you can still keep Howard on the list though. They didn't come away with Dobbins, who they wanted at 56, and they invested heavily in OL. 

• Kenny G- the Lions have no WRs under contract after 2020 and they didn't do anything meaningful to address that. He has all the leverage possible to get locked into a big long term deal over the summer and secure his future with Detroit. 

• Joe Mixon- he wants a new contact and the Bengals did nothing to address the position which leads me to believe they plan to pay him, the offense has the potential to take major steps forward over the next couple years with Mixon in his prime as a feature back. 

• Lamar Jackson- the Ravens get it. Every year they show us that. What do you do after discovering you have a league MVP and total phenomenon at QB? Draft 3 skill players and 2 interior offensive linemen at value. Dobbins should keep the running attack churning, Proche is a potential possession receiver and Duvernay is another sub 4.4 guy for the offense. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel Jones/Barkley. Giants drafted 3 OL including Thomas 4th overall. 

Haskins - got new weapons in Gibson and Gamdy Golden and LSUs LT Charles. 

Mostert- I have mixed opinions on him but bottom line I feel better not owning him and being frustrated if this is "his" week. 

A bunch of veteran WR2s who didn't get any competition:

• Golden Tate
  • Sterling Shepard
  • John Brown
  • Marvin Jones
  • Sammy Watkins
  • Jamison Crowder
  • Allen Lazard
I'm sure there are more, those are just the guys I had on my rosters.

Did Fournette win or lose?

Shopped but not traded, Jags don't address RB despite sitting on a load of draft picks.

ZWK said:
Austin Ekeler, with the Chargers only adding 4th rounder Joshua Kelley to the backfield (plus Herbert, who will throw to his RBs more than Tyrod Taylor)
Not sure Ekeler is really a winner here. Not saying he is a loser, just that I didn't expect the Chargers would draft a RB who would threaten Ekeler's role.

As someone who follows the Chargers closely, I expected them to draft a RB, but in the 6th or 7th round.  With the significant needs the Chargers had, I was very surprised they took Kelley in the 4th. IMO that suggests they had a high value on Kelley.

Not sure Ekeler is really a winner here. Not saying he is a loser, just that I didn't expect the Chargers would draft a RB who would threaten Ekeler's role.

As someone who follows the Chargers closely, I expected them to draft a RB, but in the 6th or 7th round.  With the significant needs the Chargers had, I was very surprised they took Kelley in the 4th. IMO that suggests they had a high value on Kelley.
Regardless of your prognostication they could easily have drafted a bellcow type like Taylor or Swift which would then threaten his previously-uncontested role in the offense.  They didn't, ergo he's a winner.

Mostert- Breida gone, Trent Williams opening up some lanes.

Wentz, Carr, and Lock-  Each of these teams drafted THREE WR's... that's crazy.

Ilov80s said:
  • Kenny G- the Lions have no WRs under contract after 2020 and they didn't do anything meaningful to address that. He has all the leverage possible to get locked into a big long term deal over the summer and secure his future with Detroit. 

• Joe Mixon- he wants a new contact and the Bengals did nothing to address the position which leads me to believe they plan to pay him, the offense has the potential to take major steps forward over the next couple years with Mixon in his prime as a feature back. 

• Lamar Jackson- the Ravens get it. Every year they show us that. What do you do after discovering you have a league MVP and total phenomenon at QB? Draft 3 skill players and 2 interior offensive linemen at value. Dobbins should keep the running attack churning, Proche is a potential possession receiver and Duvernay is another sub 4.4 guy for the offense. 
On Mixon, I think the Higgins pick also points to Green being gone after this year and Mixon getting paid. Of course the shelf life is always short, but best thing for his value is staying put and continuing current situation for several years.  

This year no, but adds increased uncertainty for his dynasty value 
Perhaps.  Draft really helps him for redraft though.

I'd be a bit concerned Dynasty as he seems like the kind of guy who might pull a Luck and retire early to focus on health, family, religion, etc.

Regardless of your prognostication they could easily have drafted a bellcow type like Taylor or Swift which would then threaten his previously-uncontested role in the offense.  They didn't, ergo he's a winner.
Ok, sure. If you felt they might do that, that take makes sense. I didn’t... the contract they just gave him indicated his role is secure. So I don’t agree, and  that is fine. 

I also expected the Chargers to address LT in the draft since it is a gaping hole, and they didn’t. That doesn’t help to make Ekeler a winner. 

And they drafted Joe Reed, a gadget player who has potential to overlap to some degree with Ekeler’s routes... probably not so much in 2020, but maybe later. That doesn’t help to make him a winner. 

:shrug:  

I gotta say I think David Johnson could be a winner here. We all think he's washed up, but they didn't add any RB's in the draft. Maybe they really think he's healthy now?

I gotta say I think David Johnson could be a winner here. We all think he's washed up, but they didn't add any RB's in the draft. Maybe they really think he's healthy now?
That is generously giving this a football reason thought rather than something asinine like none of the other RBs called BoB sir. He could not find his butt if it was right in the middle of his chin. 

Kenyan Drake? (and perhaps to a lesser extent Edmonds). I know AZ wasn’t expected to take a RB in the early rounds but they didn’t add one (Eno Benjamin) until the 7th. 

menobrown said:
Did Fournette win or lose?

Shopped but not traded, Jags don't address RB despite sitting on a load of draft picks.
I think his 2020 value goes back up now but he will need more TD's to offset the impending reduced role in the passing game.

Users who are viewing this thread