What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bands With Terrible Vocalists: A Pole (1 Viewer)

What band suffers most from their terrible lead vocals?

• Led Zeppelin

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Rush

Votes: 36 45.0%
  • Arcade Fire

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Radiohead

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Van Hagar

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Coheed and Cambria

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other (please post band)

Votes: 21 26.3%

• Total voters

Dan Lambskin

Footballguy
What band most suffers from having a terrible vocalist?  Like these bands might have some talented musicians but then the lead singer starts singing and you have to tap out

i'm still of the opinion that i could write an LCD Soundsystem album once a month for the rest of my life but, even if they were as good as y'all think they are, Murphy's voice & presence sinks that leaky boat

Sammy Hagar has a very strong voice. His style might not be your cup of tea, but he has the pipes.

When the Van Halen demo tapes made their way through the record labels, the immediate criticism was Dave's voice being the weak link in their sound. It was only when seeing them live that Dave's showmanship proved his value to the band.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sammy Hagar is fine.  He's different than Diamond Dave, but he's just different is all -- still totally fine.  I'm not a big Led Zeppelin fan, but their inclusion on this list is baffling.  Robert Plant is an interesting vocalist to listen to.

My problem is guitar players who think they can sing when they can't. EVH, Carlos Santana, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck don't have that problem. But some do.

Springstein.

Can't believe this didn't make the poll.     Let's throw Dave Matthews Band in there as well.   Love both but I know both would be mentioned at some point.

yes. 

oh, hell yes. 
He’s definitely terrible but I don’t think of them as a band.  Bruce could just as easily grab any random bar band and be just as terrible 

on the other hand, an band like U2 is just all around terrible and didn’t qualify for the pole

Sammy Hagar is fine.  He's different than Diamond Dave, but he's just different is all -- still totally fine.  I'm not a big Led Zeppelin fan, but their inclusion on this list is baffling.  Robert Plant is an interesting vocalist to listen to.
They were the one that prompted it, I liked them when I was younger, now Plants voice just grates on me, especially anything higher pictched

You can’t say Springsteen. You might as well say Bob Dylan. You can’t take away their singing because their singing-songwriting is the band. 
In all seriousness, is that where the hyphen generally comes to denote something? Something along troubadour lines? That's interesting.

By the way, you might appreciate this. Just got, through the mail, an audiophile copy of Van's Moondance. It sounds freaking awesome. From 1979, a hot stamper that cost a decent amount to get in good condition. Half mastered from analog and certified fresh.

htpps://imgur.com/a/o2T7L5j

Super Disk https://imgur.com/a/o2T7L5j

Last edited by a moderator:
In all seriousness, is that where the hyphen generally comes to denote something. Something along troubadour lines? That's interesting.

By the way, you might appreciate this. Just got, through the mail, an audiophile copy of Van's Moondance. It sounds freaking awesome. From 1979, a hot stamper that cost a decent amount to get in good condition. Half mastered from analog and certified fresh.

htpps://imgur.com/a/o2T7L5j

Super Disk https://imgur.com/a/o2T7L5j
Looks great, sure it sounds even better

Clapton is dreck.
The only thing that gives me pause about this is nobody deserves what Tears From/In Heaven like he got. That's just awful, and truly sad. But I can't listen to a single thing the man has done solo without complete, wigged-out boredom. 

You can’t say Springsteen. You might as well say Bob Dylan. You can’t take away their singing because their singing-songwriting is the band. 
Dylan's phrasing was a huge part of it, too. The way he delivered the lines. That's a much more significant piece of vocals than a good voice. Give me Waits, Dylan, Prine, Berninger (gasp!), et al over the Paul Rodgers every. #######. day. oftheweek.

Dylan's phrasing was a huge part of it, too. The way he delivered the lines. That's a much more significant piece of vocals than a good voice. Give me Waits, Dylan, Prine, Berninger (gasp!), et al over the Paul Rodgers every. #######. day. oftheweek.
Wonderfully put and I agree with you.

The only thing that gives me pause about this is nobody deserves what Tears From/In Heaven like he got. That's just awful, and truly sad. But I can't listen to a single thing the man has done solo without complete, wigged-out boredom. 
I like his cover of Jesse Fuller's San Francisco Bay Blues. And Bell Bottom Blues. And Layla, of course. Otherwise, I prefer him as a band guy, not a band leader.

Users who are viewing this thread