What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

May challenge complete! Join us in June and we'll keep it going. Lots of people succeeding with myfitnesspal and itrackbites. Join us! (1 Viewer)

I've been doing this since 5/8 but didn't see this thread until today.  Using MyFitnessPal.

My BP after a stressful work call last Thursday was 153/105.  Holy hell, that is dangerous and I'm only 43.  (I have a Dr. appt tomorrow.)

I knew I hadn't been 'feeling well' and was under a lot of stress from work, but I had no idea my symptoms were from high BP.  The high BP is probably from a culmination of things, we're having work done on our house, work stress, and a recent injury curtailed my exercise.  Plus I was eating crap all the time and drinking a ton.

Time to make some drastic changes, and I started doing this on Friday.  

I bought some new spice sets over the weekend with no salt, and I've cut back my alcohol to almost nothing.  My injury is also healed now, so I'm walking 2-3 miles/day.  Hopefully, I can get this under control quickly, possibly with meds in the short term, but getting off the meds will also be a priority once I can get my #### together.

Anyway, here's my total from yesterday.

1930 calories allowed + 493 calories of exercise

2268 calories consumed

155 remaining

1,271 mg Sodium consumed - I am really trying to watch this one

9,476 steps yesterday (walked 2.4 miles) - I have a smart watch connected to MFP.

Btw, if none of you have ever tracked your sodium it sucks.  Sodium is in everything!  Good grief.  Also no way will I be eating out anytime soon.  

Workout log updates since May 1.

May 3, 30mins

May 4, 26mins

May 7, 39mins

May 8, 72mins

May 9, 52mins

May 10, 45mins

May 11, 48mins

Total to date: 312mins

Need to really get my ### moving the rest of the month to get to 1,000.  

I've been doing this since 5/8 but didn't see this thread until today.  Using MyFitnessPal.

My BP after a stressful work call last Thursday was 153/105.  Holy hell, that is dangerous and I'm only 43.  (I have a Dr. appt tomorrow.)

I knew I hadn't been 'feeling well' and was under a lot of stress from work, but I had no idea my symptoms were from high BP.  The high BP is probably from a culmination of things, we're having work done on our house, work stress, and a recent injury curtailed my exercise.  Plus I was eating crap all the time and drinking a ton.

Time to make some drastic changes, and I started doing this on Friday.  

I bought some new spice sets over the weekend with no salt, and I've cut back my alcohol to almost nothing.  My injury is also healed now, so I'm walking 2-3 miles/day.  Hopefully, I can get this under control quickly, possibly with meds in the short term, but getting off the meds will also be a priority once I can get my #### together.

Anyway, here's my total from yesterday.

1930 calories allowed + 493 calories of exercise

2268 calories consumed

155 remaining

1,271 mg Sodium consumed - I am really trying to watch this one

9,476 steps yesterday (walked 2.4 miles) - I have a smart watch connected to MFP.

Btw, if none of you have ever tracked your sodium it sucks.  Sodium is in everything!  Good grief.  Also no way will I be eating out anytime soon.  
Restricting your diet is usually not fun and can be a challenge but you can do it with discipline.   Good luck.  

Restricting your diet is usually not fun and can be a challenge but you can do it with discipline.   Good luck.  
I've done it before.  Been a 'member' of MFP since like 2008.  

I just got lazy.  Don't even think I've gained much since this quarantine started.  But got in the habit of eating salty foods and drinking instead of exercising.

30/23 today

still have only used 5 of my 35 bonus points for the week (week starts on Fridays) so I’m in a perfect spot. 

60 minute Peloton ride. 

I've done it before.  Been a 'member' of MFP since like 2008.  

I just got lazy.  Don't even think I've gained much since this quarantine started.  But got in the habit of eating salty foods and drinking instead of exercising.
It happens.  It happens all too easy.  

Per MFP:

1950 calories allowed.

1622 Calories consumed.  328 calories under goal before exercise.  

45 minutes exercise for 339 calories burned.  567 exercise minutes for the month.

1500 food calories 

250 alcohol calories

110 snack calories

380 exercise calories

Net 1480 which is under my goal. 

After a cheat day and a day of going a little over, I'm back on track and feeling better for it.  One of the things I've noticed is that I do love a cheat day but I also really do feel worse the next day or two and that's self reinforcing for me- I don't want to go way over right now.  I'm sure that i will again, but not until I've booked a bunch of good days.  

I participated in the "Fatguys challenge" 7 or 8 years ago and MFP really helped to get things in line, dropped like 30-40 pounds.  Since then I went on the "get fat challenge" and kicked ### in that as well.   In February I started IF with only eating from 10am - 6pm.   On a typical day I don't eat breakfast at home, would just get the kids up and ready for school then go to work and would have a packet of oatmeal when I got to work so I just moved that to 10 instead of 8, and then cut out the bag of chips at 9pm while watching TV.   In the first month I think I dropped 8 pounds without changing anything else.  I may have subconsciously reduced taking seconds at dinner as well.  Also stopped buying beer and went to captain and diet cokes only.

Since I started IF I am down 15 pounds and about 1.5 holes in my belt.  Just entered today's food into MFP and it yelled at me for eating too little.  I am at 1150 calories compared to their 1720 goal.  Will keep entering to see how I am doing.   The first few weeks of "stay at home" may have been in the 800 calorie range since I would catch myself at 2pm having not eaten anything yet.

Day 1- 767

Day 2- 1,030

Day 3- 1,545

Day 4- 509

Day 5- 958

Day 6- 1,579

Day 7- 870
Day 8- 1,342

Day 9- 1,448 

Those are all calorie leftovers, not the actual amount I am eating which is right around 1,800 per day, yesterday was closer to 1,600 consumed but when i pull up all the days on a graph it looks pretty consistent around 1,800. 

No beer or alcohol the last 2-3 days as well. 

I posted my results in the "diet" thread but I am down a total of about 25 lbs since restaurants closed for sit down dining on March 20th, that stopped me from drinking a lot of draft beers and hard liquor everywhere I go. That's just being honest. You add on top counting the calories and a huge surge in exercise done consistently and it's been relatively painless. 

One step at a time, one meal at a time. 

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple quick questions. 

Anyone do yoga?  Looking for a free beginners yoga.  Preferably something on youtube that I can play on my TV.  

Is the MFP premium worth it?  The stupid trial message offer popping up every ####### time I want input food is driving me crazy.  

Couple quick questions. 

Anyone do yoga?  Looking for a free beginners yoga.  Preferably something on youtube that I can play on my TV.  

Is the MFP premium worth it?  The stupid trial message offer popping up every ####### time I want input food is driving me crazy.  
https://grokker.com/individuals

Huge fan of Ashley Sergent but all of these are free until end of May (and they already extended that after originally making them free until end of April so who knows).  You can also get grokker fitness on comcast and other providers.  I have no affiliation with them. I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice. Consult your doctor before beginning this or any other exercise program. 

Premium is good if you want to track things like carbs, sodium, fiber, etc.  I haven't been but may eventually. 

Very little opportunity to exercise today thanks to lousy weather, but I still squeaked in 45 calories under my allowance.  Obviously I know that everything I'm recording in MFP has some inherent variance baked into it, but if my target includes a 500-calorie deficit, that should overwhelm a little noise.  

Per MFP:

1950 calories allowed.

1779 Calories consumed.  171 calories under goal before exercise.  

45 minutes exercise for 322 calories burned.  612 exercise minutes for the month.

1,900 - 2,126 + 422 = 196 calories remaining for yesterday

1,967 mg Sodium.  A little high as I had some chips.  

40 mins exercise

410 mins for the month

Didnt keep track too much today. I had so many points leftover from the week. 

New week starts tomorrow and so does getting back to 23/23 points. Give or take 2 or 3. 

1,900 - 2,260 + 450 = 90 calories remaining for yesterday

1,941 mg Sodium.  Had some salsa with lunch and ketchup with dinner. Sodium is HARD to avoid. 

50 mins exercise

460 mins for the month

1900 - 2284 + 528 = 144 calories remaining yesterday. Was way under in my calories until I had a second and third Manhattan last night. 

1,224 mg Sodium

40 min exercise

500 mins for the month

Love all the good updates in here. Keep them coming. 

@IvanKaramazov  @belljr how are you guys doing?
Doing great.  This is day 14 for me, and I'm down three pounds from where I started.  It's supposed to rain all day today, so I won't get any exercise -- I'm not going to worry too much about hitting my target and just settle for coming in under maintenance calories.

I've barely eaten any processed foods since I started tracking.  It's amazing how easy it is to cut junk out of your diet once you become mindful about it.

I've barely eaten any processed foods since I started tracking.  It's amazing how easy it is to cut junk out of your diet once you become mindful about it.
This was really the turning point for me. That, and realizing how many things I thought were healthy were actually huge calorie mistakes I was making. Glad to hear you are doing well. 

Here's an example of a mistake I made when I wasn't tracking.

I used to have yogurt with granola for breakfast because in my head, yogurt was healthy, and all the outdoorsy types like granola, so it must be healthy.  Oops.  I was probably having 400 plus calories for a serving and honestly probably eating two servings without realizing it.  And thinking that I had had a healthy breakfast so I didnt need to be as good later.  Then I would go for a run or something and feel like I could eat whatever I wanted for dinner because I had been good all day. 

It wasn't that I was trying to eat badly, I just wasn't aware of how badly I was eating and I didnt really understand what healthier eating looked like. 

26/35 points. Under 1500 calories. Ran 4 miles. 

Consistently staying under the WW points and very low on calories. Snacking on fruit is keeping calories down and satisfying my need for something sweet. 

My daughter's high school graduation went quite a bit longer than I had expected, so I ended up with a pretty light supper (Cinnamon Life) and just a couple of glasses of wine last night.  Streak extended, albeit mainly by accident.

Today will be easy and a little gluttonous.  I just got back from a 10-mile run and I'll put my headphones on and do some walking in the late afternoon.  All I have to do to come in under my allowance on a day like today is refrain from stuffing myself with processed junk food all day.  I'm looking forward to a fairly large supper consisting of a couple of grilled pork chops, some roast vegetables, and the better part of a can of baked beans.  I can knock back a 1200 calorie supper and still come in way under for the day.

My daughter's high school graduation went quite a bit longer than I had expected, so I ended up with a pretty light supper (Cinnamon Life) and just a couple of glasses of wine last night.  Streak extended, albeit mainly by accident.

Today will be easy and a little gluttonous.  I just got back from a 10-mile run and I'll put my headphones on and do some walking in the late afternoon.  All I have to do to come in under my allowance on a day like today is refrain from stuffing myself with processed junk food all day.  I'm looking forward to a fairly large supper consisting of a couple of grilled pork chops, some roast vegetables, and the better part of a can of baked beans.  I can knock back a 1200 calorie supper and still come in way under for the day.
what is you caloric intake goal, without exercise?  if  i could run 10 miles,  :lmao:   pretty sure i could eat anything and everything.

Saturday was my first day over in a while.  Picked up some dinner from a local place, estimated calories using Chilis as a comparison.

1900 - 2,788 + 591 = -297 calories remaining (at least I got over 12k steps that day)

45 mins of exercise, 545 for the month.

Yesterday was better

1900 - 1803 + 556 = 653 calories remaining

30 mins of exercise, 575 for the month.

30 minutes walking 20 running on the treadmill.  Coffee for breakfast, made some chicken wraps for lunch and cooked up some black bean and ground turkey burritos with guacamole and salsa for dinner. Had a Gatorade and picked at a little of my kid's lunch to get him to eat it but no booze no snacks.  12 calories to spare. 

30/23

But Im splitting my bonus points this week between now and Friday. So technically, I get an extra 7 points a day for the next few. So right on

60 minutes Peloton. 

Poke_4_Life said:
Saturday was my first day over in a while.  Picked up some dinner from a local place, estimated calories using Chilis as a comparison.

1900 - 2,788 + 591 = -297 calories remaining (at least I got over 12k steps that day)

45 mins of exercise, 545 for the month.

Yesterday was better

1900 - 1803 + 556 = 653 calories remaining

30 mins of exercise, 575 for the month.

IvanKaramazov said:

The Flying Turtle said:
26/35 points. Under 1500 calories. Ran 4 miles. 

Consistently staying under the WW points and very low on calories. Snacking on fruit is keeping calories down and satisfying my need for something sweet. 

Under by 600 calories today thanks to a lot of exercise and being too busy to eat.  
It sounds like you guys are doing awesome. So impressed with this group. Let's keep this momentum going as we're getting close to barbecue season. 

1900 - 2257 + 497 = 140 calories remaining for yesterday  (had some frozen yogurt after dinner but an otherwise very 'clean' day)

70 mins of exercise, 645 for the month.

I also got all my blood work back from last week and everything is 'normal'.  Even my BP is in the normal range again.  Don't know what was causing it to spike a few weeks back, but I'm going to slowly reintroduce some sodium and keep eating healthy.  

Users who are viewing this thread