What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Actual Deaths From Covid-19 vs Reported Deaths (1 Viewer)

Do you believe the number of Americans dying from COVID-19 is more, less, or about the same as the r

• Actually Are More Deaths Than Are Being Reported

Votes: 107 66.9%
  • About The Same

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • Actually Are Less Deaths Than Are Being Reported

Votes: 31 19.4%

• Total voters
You clearly have no concept of what "proof" entails.  
Im open to learn what you think it is...I have asked you to back up the assertions you made about the numbers.  You have refused to do so.  I have asked several other questions to clarify what it is you are looking for or what you believe about certain things...you have refused to answer.  I have asked what you would like support to based on what I have said.  You have also refused to answer that.

So we are at an impasse...you simply refuse to engage in actual discussion.  Yet expect people to answer questions you ask as well.

So again Im lead to question if you are here to do anything more than try and get a reaction out of people.

Therefore... I will cease to respond unless you can do the following:

1.  Please cute a legitimate source as to the US deaths being below 80,000

2.  Please answer if you believe the numbers China has reported and cite a number of deaths and why that is to be believed.

3.  Please cite something credible as to hospitals being able to bill more or better or whatever by listing something as a Covid death.

Those are all things that have been asked of you already.

Then...if you would like me to provide links to what I have said, please ask for links to what you would like me to clarify and show.  I asked for what you would  want a link to...you refused to reply.  I am more than happy to back up my posts when asked.

Failure to do so...leaves us at a point which responding to you any longer makes absolutely no sense.

Tens of thousands of people in this country are dying, and once again Trump supporters want to argue that the real victim here is the president. 
Well now we are back to Obama will go to jail and posting baseless conspiracy theories about a former President and its coming from the guy in office now. 

According to this Washington Post article, Dr Birx is of the belief that the CDC has inflated mortality rates counts by as much as 25%...

As deaths mount, Trump tries to convince Americans it’s safe to inch back to normal

During a task force meeting Wednesday, a heated discussion broke out between Deborah Birx, the physician who oversees the administration’s coronavirus response, and Robert Redfield, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Birx and others were frustrated with the CDC’s antiquated system for tracking virus data, which they worried was inflating some statistics — such as mortality rate and case count — by as much as 25 percent, according to four people present for the discussion or later briefed on it. Two senior administration officials said the discussion was not heated.

“There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust,” Birx said, according to two of the people.

Whoops

So I guess the question is - Will the media immediately turn on Birx or will they presume she's been corrupted by Trump?

Last edited by a moderator:
According to this Washington Post article, Dr Birx is of the belief that the CDC has inflated death counts by as much as 25%...

As deaths mount, Trump tries to convince Americans it’s safe to inch back to normal

Whoops

So I guess the question is - Will the media immediately turn on Birx or will they presume she's been corrupted by Trump?
Trump could fire everyone running the CDC if he really thought they were falsifying numbers or using an antiquated system.

But the reason why he doesn't do that is quite simple: it's better for him politically if he does nothing.

Once again, that's Trump's strategy: do nothing, so you can avoid all responsibility while simultaneously taking all credit.

Trump could fire everyone running the CDC if he really thought they were falsifying numbers.

But the reason why he doesn't do that is quite simple: it's better for him politically if he does nothing.

Once again, that's Trump's strategy: do nothing, so you can avoid all responsibility while simultaneously taking all credit.
The article doesn't say the numbers were inflated because the CDC was falsifying them.  It says they were inflated because they're using an antiquated tracking system.

Have not voted until now because it seemed we did not have enough information and it could be somewhat inline with reported numbers. Now going with under-counted, seeing as how there are states trying to hide numbers, and just from previous pandemics the numbers seem to always get revised upwards. 

According to this Washington Post article, Dr Birx is of the belief that the CDC has inflated death counts by as much as 25%...

Whoops

So then Trump is only responsible for 60k deaths over the last 2 months?  I'm seeing a lot of Trump responsible for 80k deaths and want to make sure I know how many people he is directly responsible for killing.

ETA*.  I'd imagine all of the numbers would be significantly lower if he hadn't infected all of the nursing homes.

A scam in three parts

Act 1:

https://durangoherald.com/articles/324539  Man dies with BAC of .55.  But COVID!!!!!!!!

Act 2:

https://www.9news.com/article/news/local/next/gop-rep-alleges-falsified-covid-19-records-calls-for-indictment-of-colorados-top-health-official/73-bf02452f-4615-4efe-9413-a4826a8105b2 Falsified death certificates you say?

Act 3:

https://covid19.colorado.gov/data/case-data Colorado reduces death count due to COVID from 1150 to 878 to align with the CDC (24% reduction)  :bye:

61% of CO "COVID" deaths are from nursing homes.  Now, if states stop coding BS deaths as COVID and stop sending infected patients back into nursing homes, this virus is basically the flu.

A scam in three parts

Act 1:

https://durangoherald.com/articles/324539  Man dies with BAC of .55.  But COVID!!!!!!!!

Act 2:

https://www.9news.com/article/news/local/next/gop-rep-alleges-falsified-covid-19-records-calls-for-indictment-of-colorados-top-health-official/73-bf02452f-4615-4efe-9413-a4826a8105b2 Falsified death certificates you say?

Act 3:

https://covid19.colorado.gov/data/case-data Colorado reduces death count due to COVID from 1150 to 878 to align with the CDC (24% reduction)  :bye:

61% of CO "COVID" deaths are from nursing homes.  Now, if states stop coding BS deaths as COVID and stop sending infected patients back into nursing homes, this virus is basically the flu.
Population of New York City: 8.4 million

Average number of flu deaths per year from New York City residents: between 700 and 1500

Number of COVID-19 deaths so far from New York City residents: 20,155.... and rising.... and this with the city locked down.

And if you think that number is inflated with deaths for other reasons, total deaths in NYC for any reasons is six times the normal level.

This is NOT basically the flu. 

Politician Spock said:

Average number of flu deaths per year from New York City residents: between 700 and 1500

Number of COVID-19 deaths so far from New York City residents: 20,155.... and rising.... and this with the city locked down.

And if you think that number is inflated with deaths for other reasons, total deaths in NYC for any reasons is six times the normal level.

:lmao: Largest county in the US: Los Angeles County.  10m people.  1,793 deaths.  

Politician Spock said:

:lmao: Largest county in the US: Los Angeles County.  10m people.  1,793 deaths.  
Los Angeles had 278 deaths from the flu in 2018. (And that was above average.)

You're not helping your argument here.

Thought it was a natural disaster?  Im confused.  So you only blame politicians when it suits your needs

More hypocrisy.   Shame.  
If Trump were the one responsible for sounding tornado sirens, I have no doubt that our country would experience more deaths from tornadoes every year than were necessary, especially since he would turn the sirens off while the tornado is still reeking havoc, while yelling "get back to work! get back to work! we need to save the economy! We're just gonna have to live with this tornado swirling around!"

If Trump were the one responsible for sounding tornado sirens, I have no doubt that our country would experience more deaths from tornadoes every year than were necessary, especially since he would turn the sirens off while the tornado is still reeking havoc, while yelling "get back to work! get back to work! we need to save the economy! We're just gonna have to live with this tornado swirling around!"
Ok man.   Whatever you say.  Make any story or analogy you want to defend your hypocrisy.  It's very real

In the near future it may be appropriate to blame Trump for people continuing to be out of work.  Seems likely, but still up in the air right now as we could get lucky.
If we experience a 2nd lock down, then yes. The way PPP is written in the CARES act, many businesses only have one shot at reopening. A 2nd lockdown, and they're dead. 

In the near future it may be appropriate to blame Trump for people continuing to be out of work.  Seems likely, but still up in the air right now as we could get lucky.
If we experience a 2nd lock down, then yes. The way PPP is written in the CARES act, many businesses only have one shot at reopening. A 2nd lockdown, and they're dead. 
I'm thinking more in terms of the uneven availability of testing capability means that we effectively go in and out of lock down mode even if the government never goes there again as people swing from growing restless to get out back to being spooked into minimizing their activities - assuming they ever resume them.   In keeping with the prevalent analogy 

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water

I'm thinking more in terms of the uneven availability of testing capability means that we effectively go in and out of lock down mode even if the government never goes there again as people swing from growing restless to get out back to being spooked into minimizing their activities - assuming they ever resume them.   In keeping with the prevalent analogy 

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water
I agree. There are so many aspects of how government needs to manage a pandemic. It's like they weren't prepared for this at all. 

I just can’t imagine we do another lockdown unless it was Ebola level illness with Covid level transmission.  And I say this not thinking the first lockdown was a mistake, I think it was needed as we weren’t prepared and the overwhelming of the health care system was a very real threat.  With Covid we have a better handle on what it is and what it’s effects are, with that in mind I just can’t see another mass lockdown happening, something locally maybe but nothing on this scale again.  The damage done already is going to take years to reverse.   

I just can’t imagine we do another lockdown unless it was Ebola level illness with Covid level transmission.  And I say this not thinking the first lockdown was a mistake, I think it was needed as we weren’t prepared and the overwhelming of the health care system was a very real threat.  With Covid we have a better handle on what it is and what it’s effects are, with that in mind I just can’t see another mass lockdown happening, something locally maybe but nothing on this scale again.  The damage done already is going to take years to reverse.   
We never had a mass lock down. Even in the statewide lock downs, the majority of businesses were deemed essential and remained open. Any repeat of what was locked down will be 10 times as devastating to the businesses being locked down a 2nd time than it was the first time. The Federal government could not afford the size the CARES act would need to be to save businesses being locked down a 2nd time. 

Saints posted this link in the other thread.   This is the stuff that has me believing the numbers are higher than reported.  Dissenting thoughts are punished and people removed from positions for refusing to comply with changing numbers...

Link to story

Saints posted this link in the other thread.   This is the stuff that has me believing the numbers are higher than reported.  Dissenting thoughts are punished and people removed from positions for refusing to comply with changing numbers...

Link to story
Silencing the truth will only lead to trouble.

Link to story
I think we will find that there were shady tricks both to increase and decrease numbers but I strongly believe that it’s under counted due to the excess deaths.

Another one is AZ refusing to give out the names of nursing homes with positive cases. The belief is that they are trying to protect the owners from scrutiny but I think it might go deeper in that they don’t want people digging into how many residents have died that could be from COVID and not being reported.

Meh, she was just another deep state operative trying to make Republicans look bad.
Honestly, they're doing a bang up job of that on their own. Pushing the economy ahead of human lives, while the nation loses over a thousand people a day from Covid 19? That doesn't strike me as a party of the people, by the people, for the people.

Users who are viewing this thread