What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (9 Viewers)

Paramores final album may be their best album and possibly one of the better pop albums of the 2010s

8th round selection is .....

after laughter by Paramore. It’s dark, melancholy in a good way. They departed from their pop punk sound for something new. Hayley Williams noted she was struggling with depression during the recording of this album.

songs : Hard times, Fake happy, rose colored boy
NV alias check

Paramores final album may be their best album and possibly one of the better pop albums of the 2010s

8th round selection is .....

after laughter by Paramore. It’s dark, melancholy in a good way after Hayley Williams noted she was struggling with depression during the recording of this album.

songs : Hard times, Fake happy, rose colored boy
Wow, strong agree  :wub:   :wub:   :wub:  
What do you guys think of the Hayley Williams solo album?  I thought it was kind of meh but the band doesn't signify for me.
It's pretty good but After Laughter is the best thing she's ever done by quite a bit IMO. And I saw Paramore when they were a pop-punk teeny bopper band opening for a 90s  band that I'd love to see drafted here, they came a long way

I will add songs and more later so we can make the turn now.   This was one of the harder decisions of the draft so far.  I wanted a couple albums that were a little bit more rocking (assuming harder/metal could slide a little), but there were 3 that I had in mind.  At the end of the day I landed on:

8.xx:  SOUNDGARDEN - SUPERUNKNOWN (1994)

The Day I Tried to Live    Just might be my favorite Soundgarden song

Superunknown

As I said in the last draft, 0 chance I would go to an island without my favorite drummer to listen to.   The Aenima pick forced my hand even more, but this is my favorite of their albums.

9.01:  TOOL - LATERALUS (2001)

The Grudge   - The build up from Maynard's scream at the 7:00 to the buildup of the drums to the Danny drum explosion at the 8min mark until the end of the song gives KP the tingles every time.  

Parabola

Last edited by a moderator:
There are so many things I have to have here. I'm going with this one because it's probably the only one by this band I would want and I think it's an absolute masterpiece. It's probably my favorite concept album about a modern day New Jersey kid juxtaposed with the Civil ####### War.

9.02 Titus Andronicus - The Monitor (2010)

KP snipe hurts.  This has been a rough two rounds for me.

I was gonna buy an old sansui 9090 reciever off a dude for $500 today.  He flaked out, now wants more money. Vintage audio collecting can be stressful! 

There are so many things I have to have here. I'm going with this one because it's probably the only one by this band I would want and I think it's an absolute masterpiece. It's probably my favorite concept album about a modern day New Jersey kid juxtaposed with the Civil ####### War.

I haven't heard this since around the time it came out. I'll have to revisit it.

A More Perfect Union

Theme From “Cheers”

9.04 - Mitski - Be the Cowboy

Shes one of the female frontiers that has led a drastic change in indie rock. 
I remember seeing her at a tiny club in Boston and her performance blew me away.

song : Nobody, Geyser,  Two Slow Dancers
thanks for the quick response - please put the year on these as well - it helps so we don't have to look it separately

9.04 - Mitski - Be the Cowboy (2018)

Shes one of the female leads that has led a drastic change in indie rock. 
I remember seeing her at a tiny club in Boston and her performance blew me away.

song : Nobody, Geyser,  Two Slow Dancers
I think this is the first thing I've never heard of. 

I know it's been said like every round, but this pick is so hard.  Looking at sixty five picks until I go again is no joke.

Nigel Tufnel said:
Do u like fist pumpin?

8.3x Japandroids- Celebration Rock (2012)

Younger Us

The House That Heaven Built

Had a hard time leaving off Adrenaline Nightshift. 

Nigel Tufnel said:

hot damn... two albums I wasn't thinking about (not really planning this thing out) but am now regretting not having on my island- especially celebration rock. love both of these albums.

Who's up anyway?

Tim for 25ish more I guess.  Is he autoskip?

Thanks, Binky, for keeping this moving along all day!!

Tomorrow looks gorgeous here, and OH has the day off, so I've taken PTO and we might be venturing into the outdoors.  Actually I took today off, too, but just sat at my computer like a lump trying to beat Binky in entering picks into the spreadsheet.

Users who are viewing this thread