What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (7 Viewers)

Oh good god.  Remember I said my next one was going to be a record I might literally die if I didn’t get, but then I switched to Lyle to employ The Simey Defense?  This is the one I switched!     :cry:  

Get out of my head!
I forgot to mention you are right about someone and the car name.

Not much of a write up here other than I spent a good deal of time in high school listening to this album and there isn't a bad track on it. I had a hard time choosing, so I figured I'd pick two that would be appropriate for being on a deserted island.

Round 10) Cracker - Cracker (1992)

Happy Birthday to Me

Another Song About the Rain

Though I will spotlight:

Teen Angst <-- probably my favorite song on the album

Dr. Bernice

Don't #### Me Up With Peace and Love

Someday
David Lowery is so f***ing great.

10.9 Illinois by Sufjan Stevens (2005)

Experimental baroque folk with a flourish of Vince Guaraldi jazz and full scale chorus. Not to be topped in style, the subject is a concept album for the State of Illinois as it touches on Stephen Douglas, John Wayne Gacy, The Seers Tower and The Blackhawk War while also being an intimate portrait of Midwest American life- step moms, Bible studies, cancer and summer camps. An album both deeply challenging but still quite simple and intimate.

Chicago

Casmir Pulaski Day

Last edited by a moderator:
R10.06 Two Steps from the Blues – Bobby Blue Bland (1961)

I am not really sure how I found this album. I recall it was in about 1994, right before I was going to move to Austin for graduate school. I am far from a Blues or R&B aficionado, but I love this album, I know it was extremely well-regarded in its time, and has been ranked highly retrospectively as well. I can't imagine being on a desert island without some blues. So selecting it here is both a fine choice for me personally and in terms of VBD. Picking just two songs is tough, there isn’t a bad one on the album.

Songs:

Don’t Cry No More

I Pity the Fool
whoa. I think I bought the CD in my 20s without knowing anything about him or it... just looking for something "bluesy". loved it- but haven't listened in forever... now, remedied! thanks!

2.9 Illinois by Sufjan Stevens (2005)

Experimental baroque folk concept album with a flourish of Vince Guaraldi jazz and full scale chorus. Not to be topped in style, the subject is the State of Illinois as it touches on Frederick Douglas, John Wayne Gacy, The Seers Tower and The Blackhawk War while also being an intimate portrait of Midwest American life- step moms, Bible studies, cancer and summer camps. An album both deeply challenging but still quite simple and intimate.

Chicago

Casmir Pulaski Day
Slick pick, John Wayne Gacy, jr, that tune....  man, some incredible songs on this record 

10.7 - Billy Joel, Live at Shea Stadium (2008)

This one and Folsom were the live albums that jumped off the page at me as I scrolled through my library day one. Others did too, but these ones specifically because I have very little of either artists studio work. In fact, the only Billy Joel studio work that I have are just the few tracks that he didn't play at this show - Vienna, Rock & Roll To Me, and The Longest Time. If you haven't seen him he's just so much better live. But @Mr. Ected screwed up my playlist adds by taking the studio version of Scenes From An Italian Restaurant earlier! So we'll start off with the easy one:

New York State of Mind w/Tony Bennett

And we'll curveball with the Italian Restaurant replacement - The Ballad of Billy the Kid

Users who are viewing this thread