Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:
34 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

probably not something @KarmaPolice wants to get into as a big habit ...but he'd probably do it

 

Correct.   @Hov34 just let me know what you want switched.   

I finally took care of the AIC switch as well.  

Ok, take off "Let It Bleed" (which I could see being a chore in a mix like this) and replace it with "Monkey Man"

If this starts something disregard.

TIA

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

@MAC_32 is OTC and has about 20 minutes left before he times out.

if things go as planned, he'll drop in with a couple of minutes to go

Browns fans :rolleyes:

(Says this pathetic Jets fan. Dr. O and RA can relate)

Edited by zamboni
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Oh good god.  Remember I said my next one was going to be a record I might literally die if I didn’t get, but then I switched to Lyle to employ The Simey Defense?  This is the one I switched!    :cry: 

Get out of my head!

I forgot to mention you are right about someone and the car name.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, zamboni said:
7 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

@MAC_32 is OTC and has about 20 minutes left before he times out.

if things go as planned, he'll drop in with a couple of minutes to go

Browns fans :rolleyes:

(Says this pathetic Jets fan. Dr. O can relate)

I AM A LONG SUFFERING BROWNS FAN SIR!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Hov34 said:

Ok, take off "Let It Bleed" (which I could see being a chore in a mix like this) and replace it with "Monkey Man"

If this starts something disregard.

TIA

 

Gimme Shelter and Monkey Man are the correct songs from that album, IMO.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Round 10 Southeastern - Jason Isbell (2013)

I took this at No. 2 overall in the Decades DID draft a few months back. It is the album I have listened to the most in the last 5 plus years and continues to creep up my personal rankings. I think Jason is the best songwriter of the decade and I am fascinated by his poetic storytelling, and his vocal delivery. 

Cover Me Up

Elephant

 

  • Like 6
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:
7 minutes ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

Gimme Shelter and Monkey Man are the correct songs from that album, IMO.

he didn't pick Gimme Shelter !!!

Ok, @KarmaPolice change my other one (Midnight Rambler) to Gimme Shelter...

:rolleyes:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Hov34 said:

Ok, @KarmaPolice change my other one (Midnight Rambler) to Gimme Shelter...

:rolleyes:

Very nice!  I'm schticking it up ...not saying I wouldn't love to have Gimme Shelter on the list ...but it's your pick

thanks man!  :hifive:

I owe you one

Edited by Binky The Doormat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not much of a write up here other than I spent a good deal of time in high school listening to this album and there isn't a bad track on it. I had a hard time choosing, so I figured I'd pick two that would be appropriate for being on a deserted island.

Round 10) Cracker - Cracker (1992)

Happy Birthday to Me

Another Song About the Rain

Though I will spotlight:

Teen Angst <-- probably my favorite song on the album

Dr. Bernice

Don't #### Me Up With Peace and Love

Someday

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, rcam said:

Not much of a write up here other than I spent a good deal of time in high school listening to this album and there isn't a bad track on it. I had a hard time choosing, so I figured I'd pick two that would be appropriate for being on a deserted island.

Round 10) Cracker - Cracker (1992)

Happy Birthday to Me

Another Song About the Rain

Though I will spotlight:

Teen Angst <-- probably my favorite song on the album

Dr. Bernice

Don't #### Me Up With Peace and Love

Someday

David Lowery is so f***ing great.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10.9 Illinois by Sufjan Stevens (2005)

Experimental baroque folk with a flourish of Vince Guaraldi jazz and full scale chorus. Not to be topped in style, the subject is a concept album for the State of Illinois as it touches on Stephen Douglas, John Wayne Gacy, The Seers Tower and The Blackhawk War while also being an intimate portrait of Midwest American life- step moms, Bible studies, cancer and summer camps. An album both deeply challenging but still quite simple and intimate.

Chicago

Casmir Pulaski Day

 

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 9
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

R10.06 Two Steps from the Blues – Bobby Blue Bland (1961)

I am not really sure how I found this album. I recall it was in about 1994, right before I was going to move to Austin for graduate school. I am far from a Blues or R&B aficionado, but I love this album, I know it was extremely well-regarded in its time, and has been ranked highly retrospectively as well. I can't imagine being on a desert island without some blues. So selecting it here is both a fine choice for me personally and in terms of VBD. Picking just two songs is tough, there isn’t a bad one on the album.

Songs:

Don’t Cry No More

I Pity the Fool

whoa. I think I bought the CD in my 20s without knowing anything about him or it... just looking for something "bluesy". loved it- but haven't listened in forever... now, remedied! thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

2.9 Illinois by Sufjan Stevens (2005)

Experimental baroque folk concept album with a flourish of Vince Guaraldi jazz and full scale chorus. Not to be topped in style, the subject is the State of Illinois as it touches on Frederick Douglas, John Wayne Gacy, The Seers Tower and The Blackhawk War while also being an intimate portrait of Midwest American life- step moms, Bible studies, cancer and summer camps. An album both deeply challenging but still quite simple and intimate.

Chicago

Casmir Pulaski Day

 

Slick pick, John Wayne Gacy, jr, that tune....  man, some incredible songs on this record 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, El Floppo said:

whoa. I think I bought the CD in my 20s without knowing anything about him or it... just looking for something "bluesy". loved it- but haven't listened in forever... now, remedied! thanks!

Funny. I had just sent you a PM about it because I know we talked about it years ago.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mphtrilogy said:

Slick pick, John Wayne Gacy, jr, that tune....  man, some incredible songs on this record 

Yeah the balls it takes write an introspective song about a serial killer, asking the audience to ultimately recognize their humanity and our shared dark sides.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10.7 - Billy Joel, Live at Shea Stadium (2008)

This one and Folsom were the live albums that jumped off the page at me as I scrolled through my library day one. Others did too, but these ones specifically because I have very little of either artists studio work. In fact, the only Billy Joel studio work that I have are just the few tracks that he didn't play at this show - Vienna, Rock & Roll To Me, and The Longest Time. If you haven't seen him he's just so much better live. But @Mr. Ected screwed up my playlist adds by taking the studio version of Scenes From An Italian Restaurant earlier! So we'll start off with the easy one:

New York State of Mind w/Tony Bennett

And we'll curveball with the Italian Restaurant replacement - The Ballad of Billy the Kid

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...