Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program

The pressure is off for the day!

Round 10point something -  Presidents of the United States of America  -  ditto (1995)

Back Porch

Kick Out the Jams

For some reason, this reminds me of someone I knew in college.  I have no idea why.  We were in college fifteen years earlier.

Phew almost forgot the year.

@JZilla you're up.

Edited by Mrs. Rannous
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

51 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

10.7 - Billy Joel, Live at Shea Stadium (2008)

This one and Folsom were the live albums that jumped off the page at me as I scrolled through my library day one. Others did too, but these ones specifically because I have very little of either artists studio work. In fact, the only Billy Joel studio work that I have are just the few tracks that he didn't play at this show - Vienna, Rock & Roll To Me, and The Longest Time. If you haven't seen him he's just so much better live. But @Mr. Ected screwed up my playlist adds by taking the studio version of Scenes From An Italian Restaurant earlier! So we'll start off with the easy one:

New York State of Mind w/Tony Bennett

And we'll curveball with the Italian Restaurant replacement - The Ballad of Billy the Kid

My wife and I were there for this show, good stuff!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

The pressure is off for the day!

Round 10point something -  Presidents of the United States of America  -  ditto (1995)

Back Porch

Kick Out the Jams

For some reason, this reminds me of someone I knew in college.  I have no idea why.  We were in college fifteen years earlier.

Phew almost forgot the year.

@JZilla you're up.

Nice add and lobe the playlist adds. I was updating my to consider list this morning and this was on it: this probably won't be on other radars. Wrong! #### you, kitty-o gonna spend the night. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

Nice add and lobe the playlist adds. I was updating my to consider list this morning and this was on it: this probably won't be on other radars. Wrong! #### you, kitty-o gonna spend the night. 

In previous drafts, Peaches and Kick Out the Jams have been taken.  

It's best to assume that everything is on everybody's radars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

10.9 Illinois by Sufjan Stevens (2005)

Experimental baroque folk with a flourish of Vince Guaraldi jazz and full scale chorus. Not to be topped in style, the subject is a concept album for the State of Illinois as it touches on Frederick Douglas, John Wayne Gacy, The Seers Tower and The Blackhawk War while also being an intimate portrait of Midwest American life- step moms, Bible studies, cancer and summer camps. An album both deeply challenging but still quite simple and intimate.

Chicago

Casmir Pulaski Day

Great one I had totally forgotten about.  Argh.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

ugh, was hoping this would continue to fall after the other one was taken.

I actually like this one slightly better, so I'm happy to get it!  (But sorry for slight snipe.)

6 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

anyone out there know they're gonna be around in the next hour or so and can take my pick?  

- waiting on Eephus

- otb lifer is next

- I am after that

I'm here for the rest of the evening now!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

10.9 Illinois by Sufjan Stevens (2005)

Experimental baroque folk with a flourish of Vince Guaraldi jazz and full scale chorus. Not to be topped in style, the subject is a concept album for the State of Illinois as it touches on Frederick Douglas, John Wayne Gacy, The Seers Tower and The Blackhawk War while also being an intimate portrait of Midwest American life- step moms, Bible studies, cancer and summer camps. An album both deeply challenging but still quite simple and intimate.

Chicago

Casmir Pulaski Day

Still waiting on those other 48 states.  Any year now.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 5

3 hours ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

In my early twenties I went through a period where I was very determined to have interesting taste in music. What a dork I was. But I did discover some stuff with staying power, along with a lot of crap.

Here is an example of some of my less well-considered eclecticism at the time. Spoiler used to avoid spotlighting. :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

Still waiting on those other 48 states.  Any year now.

I think I posted this here previously but I'm going to re-post it because it is my single favorite music-related post, ever.

This is from another music related site.  He challenged everyone to predict Sufjan's tracklisting from their state's album.   This was his prediction for Texas from 2005:

Sufjan Stevens presents: The Stars At Night Are Big And Bright CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! Deep in the Heart of Texas

1. Carole Keeton McClellan Rylander Strayhorn is One Tough Grandma!
2. Yikes!! The Day Laborers Have Invaded and Are Willing To Work For Thousands Less!
3. Steers and Queers? Not in Austin. It's More Like Hippies and Yuppies!
4. I Am Henry Lee Lucas III, I Am!
5. It's Time To Mow and Edge The Grassy Knoll!
6. There Are Rusted Cadillacs Partially Buried Along the Side of the Highway That Runs Through the Panhandle On the Way to Buddy Holly's Hometown!
7. John Ross Ewing Was Not So Much Based on a Specific Person as a Composite of Various Dallas-Area Oil Magnates from the 1970's!
8. The Galveston I Know Is Not Unlike the One Immortalized in Song by Glen Campbell, Except He Forgot to Mention the 1900 Storm!
9. Houston!
10. Help!! I Smell Tear Gas! I Hear Bullets! I am a Branch Davidian!
11. Don't Mind the Scenery, Lance Rentzel's Just Airing Out His Weenie Again!
12. Forget the Alamo...Remember the Sportatorium!
13. The Next Person Who Mentions L.B.J. is Getting a Knee to the Groin!
14. The Thing About the Red River is That It Isn't Really Red, But It Sure Would Be Cool If It Was!
15. A Trip to Boystown Will Make You a Man, Albeit One With a Litany of Untreatable Sexually Transmitted Diseases Which Can Never Be Discussed in Mixed Company!
16. Won't You Run Over Me With Your Mercedes, Clara Harris, Clara Harris?
17. Dolph Briscoe Really Was Once Governor of Texas, and His Name Really Was Dolph!
18. Ambient Noise is Leaking From Inside the Superconducting Supercollider, Despite the Fact That It Was Never Completed Due To Massive Cost Overruns!
19. Back When They Filmed "Giant" in Marfa, Nobody Even Suspected Rock Hudson Was Gay!
20. Don't Mess With Texas, or You'll Be Subject to a Fine for Littering!
21. Billy Bob Thornton is From Arkansas, Not Texas!
22. Virtually Every High School in San Antonio is Named After a Supreme Court Justice, Except for Souter!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 5

Rd 10

YOU THINK I'M GOING TO THIS EYELUHND WITHOUT LEMMY?!?

Motörhead - Ace of Spades (1980)

baddest man ever to sling a bass ... or croak up into a mic ... or to just walk the earth - personification of any and everything the rock lifestyle represented - we'll never see his like again. 

trusted face rippers Fast Eddie and that Philthy Animal on board for this mutha, too - doesn't get any better ... in Lemmy's shadow (who wasn't?), but grade-A hell razors in their own right. 

talk about a "Power Trio" :headbang:

we'll have it on lock now, dizzyin' up on that punk/thrash/metal line.

Ace of Spades the 80s kicked off with the greatest song of the decade.

We Are The Road Crew  it was Kilmister's world, man - we were all just battlin' for scraps. 

@Binky The Doormat 

• Like 15
  • Love 2

10    .    16    krista 4    -    The Shins    -    Oh, Inverted World 
10    .    17    Oliver Humanzee    -    current perma-skip    -    
10    .    18    Eephus    -    workout skip    -    
10    .    19    otb lifer    -    Motorhed    -    Ace of Spades
10    .    20    Binky the Doormat    -        -    OTC
10    .    21    Doug B    -    skip    -    
10    .    22    Yo Mama    -        -    
10    .    23    mphtrilogy    -        -    

6 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

Rd 10

YOU THINK I'M GOING TO THIS EYELUHND WITHOUT LEMMY?!?

Motörhead - Ace of Spades (1980)

baddest man ever to sling a bass ... or croak up into a mic ... or to just walk the earth - personification of any and everything the rock lifestyle represented - we'll never see his like again. 

trusted face rippers Fast Eddie and that Philthy Animal on board for this mutha, too - doesn't get any better ... in Lemmy's shadow (who wasn't?), but grade-A hell razors in their own right. 

talk about a "Power Trio" :headbang:

we'll have it on lock now, dizzyin' up on that punk/thrash/metal line.

Ace of Spades the 80s kicked off with the greatest song of the decade.

We Are The Road Crew  it was Kilmister's world, man - we were all just battlin' for scraps. 

@Binky The Doormat 

Are folks aware that Motorhead was actually Lemmy's second band?